Wilson will not be suspended

Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson may be fined for his hit near the head of 49ers tight end Vernon Davis Sunday, but he will not be suspended, a league official told ESPN’s Adam Schefter Tuesday.

Wilson has a history of illegal hits, but this one apparently wasn’t considered serious enough to merit anything more than a fine.

The Cardinals head to Jacksonville on Sunday in a battle of teams that will be trying to avoid starting with an 0-2 hole for the season.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Jacksonville Jaguars, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Wilson will not be suspended”
  1. mannyfresh209 says: Sep 15, 2009 5:43 PM

that’s wassup. get em adrian!
    football’s becoming too soft… vernon’s a big boy he can take the occasional rough hit. he needs it to get himself a heart anyways cuz as of now he plays like he doesn’t have any.

2. Enhanced Interrogation says: Sep 15, 2009 5:53 PM

Florio, This is my favorite website by far. I am a Panthers fan so I have no dog in the fight. With that being said, Adrian Wilson is a stud. You make him sound like the second coming of Bill Romanowski. He plays hard and will knock the snot out of any reciever coming across the middle or any QB that is left unattended. The hits that he has been fined for were not dirty. Again, I am a Panther fan and the last thing I want to do is take up for a player from a team that embarrassed us at home last year in the playoffs but this guy is an exciting mix of size, speed, and power.

3. stanjam says: Sep 15, 2009 5:59 PM

And so, another lesson not learned. The penalize who we want when we want NFL of Roger Goodell.

4. BrownsBangedYerMom says: Sep 15, 2009 6:22 PM

The only people who should be getting fined are the referees who robbed the raiders of that touchdown “upon further review” last night. I mean, what does the guy have to do, carry the ball to his car after the game for the td to count?
    …says the non-raiders fan.

5. Quagmire says: Sep 15, 2009 7:33 PM

“the league warned him in 2008 that the next infraction for an illegal hit would result in a one-game suspension and a $50,000 fine”
    Quite the stern warning, I’m sure Adrian (anyone else think og Rocky?) will think twice before doing something like this again.

6. lebowski says: Sep 15, 2009 8:39 PM

Vernon Davis deserves to get his block knocked off.

7. SATAN says: Sep 15, 2009 10:10 PM

The rule that AD violated is new this year so that may be why he isn’t getting suspended.
    The funny part about it is that I’ve seen the replays and I still don’t see Vernon Davis wearing a dress ;-)