Ochocinco, Barnett talk Twitter trash

It happened at times in the offseason, but this is the first noteworthy example of in-season trash-talk, Twitter style.

On Tuesday, Bengals receiver Chad Ochocino asked the Green Bay media to tell Packers linebacker Nick Barnett that Chad is “coming for his head” on Sunday at Lambeau Field.

On Wednesday, the Twitter talk began.

Said Barnett of the comment, Was I suppose be scared????? Lol lol all I know is if you come across the middle.. You can go head and….KISS DA BABY.”

Said Chad:  dude I will beat you up on the field, off the field, whatever, when I come cross the middle I’ll hit you in your mouth boy!!!!

And in the main event, Hulk Hogan will square off against the Macho Man.

Hey, the way the NFL is going, they can keep the Pro Bowl the week after the Super Bowl and fill the two-week gap by hosting their own version of Wrestlemania, with Rex Ryan playing the role of Captain Lou Albano.

Permalink 39 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
39 Responses to “Ochocinco, Barnett talk Twitter trash”
  1. Citizen Strange says: Sep 17, 2009 11:29 AM

You can go head and….KISS DA BABY.”
    Was Barnett quoting “The Little Mermaid?”

2. Big Stretch says: Sep 17, 2009 11:30 AM

maybe Ochocinco should be concentrating on catching passes and winning games

3. D.R.Universal says: Sep 17, 2009 11:34 AM

Twitter is becoming the new hotline for nitwits…i wish the media would PLEASE STOP REPORTING THIS GABBAGE!! (yes- GABBAGE!)

4. mnmaverick says: Sep 17, 2009 11:36 AM

The Bengals suck. I don’t think OchoPsycho has a foot to stand on.

5. Fapplejax says: Sep 17, 2009 11:37 AM

I’d watch that

6. Majik Man says: Sep 17, 2009 11:46 AM

You do realize these guys were college teammates, right? Takes a little out of the drama out of it, knowing that they are just having a little fun with each other.

7. PDXPanther says: Sep 17, 2009 11:47 AM

I wonder how many people are taking into account that these two were Oregon State teammates.

8. Fan_Of_ Four says: Sep 17, 2009 11:49 AM

To bad there isn’t a single brain between them. Mucho Stinko hasn’t scored in what, a decade or more ? As for Barnett, his stupid little samurai dance he does after every play acting as if he just won a super bowl is lame as hell. I made a tackle , look at me. Guess what Nicky, its what you’re suppose to do.

9. Rex Grossman says: Sep 17, 2009 11:52 AM

LOL. I’m starting to love Ochocinco again.

10. schism says: Sep 17, 2009 11:54 AM

I am a sucker for this garbage, Chad makes me laugh and I find his BS entertaining, I don’t really know why.
    He will probably get his block knocked off on Sunday sunday sunday…..

11. Pudge Heffelfinger says: Sep 17, 2009 11:56 AM

A sign of the apocalypse perhaps? I’m almost certain I remember reading about that in the Book of Revelations.

12. jho says: Sep 17, 2009 11:56 AM

Thanks for sifting through poo to find this.

13. ewbe says: Sep 17, 2009 11:58 AM

Barnett better look out or else Chris Henry is going to bring his big brother Mark, AKA The World’s Strongest Man, onto the field and “somebody’s gonna get their ass kicked.”

14. myasylum says: Sep 17, 2009 11:58 AM

Thats funny. I thought that awhile ago that the NFL is turning into the WWF!
    Farve the trader is now going against the mighty Packers! Will Favre out last Thompsons fury?? Tune in an see!
    As Farve goes into Green Bay ripping his shirt off! LOL!

15. TheWizard says: Sep 17, 2009 12:00 PM

I’ll bet this year’s Super Bowl teams won’t have guys participating in this kind of garbage.

16. dietrich43 says: Sep 17, 2009 12:06 PM

I’d only watch a NFL-wrestle-mania event if Rex Ryan got in the ring – against any other coach. And I’d take Ryan. He’d fight dirty.

17. east96st says: Sep 17, 2009 12:14 PM

By continuously reporting on an over the hill, attention whore WR, you are responsible for encouraging the jackass’ behavior. No one but the most die hard Bengals fans (both of them) cares. Chad ceased to be relevant years ago. Let him Twitter away anonymously. We will all be better off if you ignore this assclown and focus on stories about players that actually have an impact on the game.

18. Scott22 says: Sep 17, 2009 12:17 PM

Rex Ryan playing the part of Capt. Lou Albano screams for a Taco Bill picture!

19. sullijo says: Sep 17, 2009 12:28 PM

What do you do when you’re an aging WR that doesn’t catch TDs anymore that plays for a team that stinks?
    Let me introduce TWITTER to you folks….

20. Florio-is-a-tool says: Sep 17, 2009 12:35 PM

Chad is a fun guy and all but he tries too hard to be Cyndi Lauper. She appeals to gay people.

21. FootballPhil says: Sep 17, 2009 12:36 PM

TheWizard says: September 17, 2009 12:00 PM
    ——————————————————-
    Who invited Florio’s dad?

22. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Sep 17, 2009 12:42 PM

# ewbe says: September 17, 2009 11:58 AM
    ————————-
    Are you kidding me with this crap???? My Daddy will beat up your Daddy. Give me a F’ing break. How old are you? 12?
    Oh and BTW, Mark Henry is not Chris Henry’s brother you idiot. He has only one brother and his name is Pat.

23. Florios'Lawyer says: Sep 17, 2009 12:44 PM

“…Pudge Heffelfinger says: September 17, 2009 11:56 AM
    There is something terribly disturbing about a full-grown, adult, NFL linebacker typing “LOL”. ..”
    You don’t say, Pudge Heffelfinger.

24. favrecansuckit says: Sep 17, 2009 12:49 PM

Is there seriously a player in the league who’s afraid of Ochocinco, much less a linebacker? Maybe a kicker or two.

25. The Jimmy says: Sep 17, 2009 12:50 PM

Pudge Heffelfinger says:
    September 17, 2009 11:56 AM
    ____________
    Kind of hard to imagine Dick Butkus or Jack Lambert twittering isn’t it?

26. Eddie Drycleaner says: Sep 17, 2009 1:06 PM

anyone else notice how old Florio is? References to Hogan, Macho Man, Lou Albano? Good god man!

27. Xenu_D_Alien says: Sep 17, 2009 1:06 PM

Grown men tweeting at each other…just doesn’t seem right. Macho Man was a great trash-talker, and his rap song about Hogan was hilarious.
    I’d love to see Martellus Bennett do something like that.

28. RaiderMight says: Sep 17, 2009 1:35 PM

I can see the PFT view count start to go down. Stories like this are garbage.
    If it wasn’t for the RSS feed and Google Reader, I wouldn’t have even heard this stupid story.

29. Spiff says: Sep 17, 2009 1:42 PM

NFL = XFL? Next it will be Rod Smart’s (HE HATE ME) tweets, and where is he? More importantly, who cares?

30. Naitch says: Sep 17, 2009 2:32 PM

All these wrestling references and no mention of Ric Flair? I’m disappointed, Florio.

31. Murgen says: Sep 17, 2009 3:02 PM

As long as Ocho doesn’t poke Barnett in the eye he won’t dare cross the middle.

32. Mr. Roller Cooler, Cooler Roller says: Sep 17, 2009 3:06 PM

this can’t happen every week? Ocho needs to get a season ender so this stops. Maybe broken thumbs.

33. DCViking says: Sep 17, 2009 3:26 PM

Wait until Jim Ross leaves the WWE for the NFL.
    Oh and Naitch if it makes you feel any better…
    Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

34. florio's_mom says: Sep 17, 2009 4:01 PM

Ocho: “what out brotha! i’ll burn you up like i burned champ!”
    Oh, wait that’s right……He didn’t.
    Ochocinco- 0
    Everyone Else-1

35. dat crazy bok says: Sep 17, 2009 4:12 PM

Chad Johnson is safe. Everyone knows he’s not going over the middle anyways…

36. Vladimir says: Sep 17, 2009 4:22 PM

Barnett should stick to concentrating on his extremely over rated defense that’s going to get totally exposed as the season wears on.

37. WhoDeyFans says: Sep 17, 2009 4:37 PM

@whatthehellisgoingonoutthere
    No sir, you are the idiot. The guy was making a joke that was obviously lost on you.
    No get back to study hall.

38. vidarbrekke says: Sep 17, 2009 5:13 PM

And I got it all captured on my iPhone, blow by blow, using my favorite app Realtime Pro Football ’09

39. Mulva says: Sep 17, 2009 9:15 PM

It’s not as dramatic as this article makes it seem. I follow both Barnett and OchoCinco. Chad was twittering lots of Packers and they were responding just giving each other a hard time.