Houshmandzadeh keeps chirping about Chicago

When receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh played in Cincinnati, he didn’t have much to say.  Possibly because receiver Chad Ochocinco never let T.J. get a word in.

But Houshmandzadeh apparently was taking notes.  Because he’s now trying his best to imitate Ochocinco.

Most recently, T.J. proclaimed that he’ll have his way with Chicago’s cornerbacks.

“I feel like I’m going to get open every play, every time,”
Houshmandzadeh said.  “But that’s not going to be the case.  Those
guys get paid well.  I feel I’m going to win regardless, but I have
to be realistic.  I feel I’m going to win 95 percent of the time and
they can get the other 5.”

Houshmandzadeh also has spent time this week vowing to prove that Bears G.M. Jerry Angelo screwed the pooch by not pursuing T.J. in free agency.

To date, no one from the Bears has taken the bait.  But linebacker Lance Briggs has come the closest.

He sounds like a bitter guy,” Briggs said.  “Maybe he wanted to play in
Chicago.  If he’s going to show what he’s going to do on Sunday, I’ll
tell you what:  ‘So are we, so am I.’”

In two Sundays with the Seahawks, T.J. has yet to fully show what he can do.  He’s averaging five catches for 55 yards.

So maybe T.J. was right about his Madden rating.  Maybe the folks at EA got it wrong.

Maybe that 91 was way too high.

Permalink 18 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
18 Responses to “Houshmandzadeh keeps chirping about Chicago”
  1. 77347734 says: Sep 25, 2009 8:02 AM

Lance Briggs is spot on in his assessment. T.J. realizes that hit hitched his cart to wrong horse.

2. Rex Grossman says: Sep 25, 2009 8:02 AM

People will hate, but I like this crap. Makes it fun.

3. BradyQuinnsCodPiece says: Sep 25, 2009 8:12 AM

4. KaiserSoze says: Sep 25, 2009 8:13 AM

Looks like Houshmandzadeh did learn something in Cincy, no doubt from 85.
    How to keep your name in the paper.

5. shaunypoo says: Sep 25, 2009 8:21 AM

“In two Sundays with the Seahawks, T.J. has yet to fully show what he can do. He’s averaging five catches for 55 yards.
    And that projects to 80 receptions for 880 yards over the course of a full season. ”
    Actually, add 1 catch a week for another 8-10 yards, and that is exactly what he does.
    Congratulations on overpaying for a career #2 WR.

6. Superbelt says: Sep 25, 2009 8:37 AM

“TJ will probably get outproduced by his teammate Mr. Burelson this year. TJ is not a number one wide receiver. When was the last time a team was successful with a possession receiver as their top wide out?”
    Well, the Steelers won SB 40 with Hines Ward as their top wideout and SB MVP.

7. CurseofBoJackson says: Sep 25, 2009 9:08 AM

Get em TJ, Bears would be a force if Cutler had a target like him, too bad for them. And no, Housh is not a burner at WR, but he is a damn valuable 3rd down and possession WR, Burleson is half the WR Housh is Seattle’s wideouts have always been second tier since Largent left, be happy Seattle, you have a PROVEN RELIABLE WR, noww if only you had a QB under fifty years old.

8. WorldsGreatestBearFan says: Sep 25, 2009 9:15 AM

Housh the Douche. Rockie Johnny Knox has more yards, a TD, cost way less, and has a much bigger upside

9. Whododrums says: Sep 25, 2009 9:19 AM

You all should leave T.J. alone he clearly wanted to play for a better team, (I am a Bengals fan by the way), so he left a city that was 4-11-1 last season with the most injuries in football to a team that was clearly better at 4-12. And of course they have a better group of receiver than Cincinnati, right. Sorry but I would take every single receiver on the Bengals of every single receiver on the Seahawks, now if we have the same guys 10 years ago, I change my mind.

10. JohnComp12 says: Sep 25, 2009 9:39 AM

BradyQuinnscogpiece:
    Baltimore won a superbowl when their best WR was a TE, Shannon Sharpe.. TB won the superbowl when the #1 target was meshawn johnson.

11. marcduke says: Sep 25, 2009 9:43 AM

He told the Vikings that he and his wife loved Seattle, that’s why he signed there. So he’s lying to someone.

12. BradyQuinnsCodPiece says: Sep 25, 2009 10:35 AM

@Superbelt
    Yeah but the Steelers had a deep threats in their other WRs in Santonio and Nate Washington. Yes I realize that wasn’t my point but Nate Burelson and TJ isn’t exactly gonna scare anyone.
    @JohnComp12
    Baltimore’s offense had absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens winning the Super Bowl that year. They could have played with 8 men on offense and still won 13 games with how good that defense was in 2000. Again I’m not supporting my point but I don’t think that Baltimore team counts in this conversation because of said defense.
    I’d have to brush up on my Sheshawn Johnson knowledge but I could have swore he was more of a deep threat than a possession guy.
    So apparently I’ve been pretty much pwned here but I’ll just say this… Seattle ain’t winning jack with TJ as their number 1 WR.

13. BradyQuinnsCodPiece says: Sep 25, 2009 10:43 AM

@Whododrums
    TJ just simply isn’t that good man. There’s no reason to lay off of him. Especially when he thinks he’s the second coming of Jerry Rice.
    PS 10 years ago most of the Bengals receivers were in diapers. That’s really not a great comparison.

14. SmackMyVickUp says: Sep 25, 2009 11:06 AM

If Hasselback manages to start and play most of the game TJ might get 100 yards. If Seneca Wallace starts I’d give TJ 5 catches and 40 something yards.
    That will because Da Bears will come out and score fast and often and the Hawks will have to throw to keep up.

15. Jabberwocky says: Sep 25, 2009 11:31 AM

“Bears corners are coming along but not the greatest in the league, or even close. Pretty solid cover guys, just can’t seem to stop making mistakes.”
    SmackMyVickUp- actually Bowman and Tillman have yet to give up a big play while playing. Vasher and Payne were the culprits on Jennings’ TD catch. Vasher is benched and Payne only comes in on nickel situations to sub for Manning (switches to nickel).
    Love your username!

16. east96st says: Sep 25, 2009 11:56 AM

BradyQuinnsCodPiece says: “PS 10 years ago most of the Bengals receivers were in diapers.”
    So, you’re saying Cincy’s WRs are 11 years old. Not sure that’s legal, even in Ohio. But it would explain things.

17. FumbleNuts says: Sep 25, 2009 12:04 PM

Matt Forte will do the same thing Gore did, run through the Seattle defense like a locomotive.
    If Hasselribs plays the ENTIRE game, Housh could have a very good day.

18. Ron Mexico says: Sep 25, 2009 2:42 PM

T.J. Houshmandzadeh smack talk is just another fart in the film room.