PFTV looks at the return of Mike Vick

Three months short of three years after his last NFL game that counted, Mike Vick returns to the site of the swan song of the first phase of his career and launches phase two.

He recently said he thought he’d come back as a starter.  He’s forced to settle for a backup/Wildcat role behind the inexperienced and unproven Kevin Kolb.

So what will happen on Sunday against the Chiefs?  PFTV explores the situation.

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Kansas City Chiefs, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
21 Responses to “PFTV looks at the return of Mike Vick”
  1. 10mm says: Sep 25, 2009 12:43 PM

Please don’t let Vick set on the bench , make him go out and take some hits to earn his money. That’s what his dogs had to do.

2. HawgNSonsTV says: Sep 25, 2009 12:58 PM

Joe…where the hell did you get that tie?

3. jan van flac says: Sep 25, 2009 1:04 PM

the bigger story for this game is can the Chiefs bad o-line and slightly injured QB who takes a lot of sacks hold up against a pissed off Eagles D who will be looking for some redemption after last week.

4. Opie says: Sep 25, 2009 1:13 PM

I knew as soon as I clicked “play” that I shouldn’t have watched that. Very ambiguous. “Certain number of plays,” “might start later in the season if DNabb is hurt,” “blah, blah, blah.”
    Tie looked good, though!

5. Patches O'Houlahan says: Sep 25, 2009 1:18 PM

Who really cares about this over rated douche?

6. SirRibbit says: Sep 25, 2009 1:31 PM

7. jtigrrrr says: Sep 25, 2009 1:40 PM

Get rid of VICK already, we want to watch the Eagles again!
    Vick is over rated, a loser, and has no regard for life.

8. L.A. Raiders says: Sep 25, 2009 1:50 PM

The Eagles completely suck.

9. 10mm says: Sep 25, 2009 1:52 PM

Vick has a lot of regard for life it’s sad that it’s only for his own.

10. kinghill says: Sep 25, 2009 2:00 PM

No way McNabb plays for a few more weeks. We need him healthy in the second half of the season. Kolb is much better than people think. Garcia is there just in case Kolb is injured. Vick is trade bait. Reid enjoys the luxury of a lot of QB talent. Most NFL teams wish they had his problem.
    Most NFL teams are grateful their special teams play better than do the Birds’.

11. Sociofan says: Sep 25, 2009 2:02 PM

Eagles QB Michael Vick is finally headed back to regular-season NFL action, even if it’s not coming how he envisioned it would. Vick, in an interview with CBS to air Sunday, said he thought he would be a starting quarterback upon his return to the NFL. “This is not the exact scenario I thought would play out,” Vick told CBS. “I thought I’d be playing with a team and actually starting.”
    –Truth&Rumors, FanNation
    Sounds to me like 2 years in prison and Vick still needs a reality check. Does anyone still believe his “heartfelt” apologies and contrition were anything more than a PR move to win back followers? The league would be a much better place without the Michael Vicks of this world.

12. ProfessorEmmitt says: Sep 25, 2009 2:06 PM

Two words fellas
    Haber Dasher

13. Kidekk says: Sep 25, 2009 2:13 PM

The only reason why I watched this video is because I wanted to see this tie that people were raving about……it’s okay.
    Aside from that, are you related to Tommy Lee Jones, by any chance?

14. birdmancometh says: Sep 25, 2009 2:55 PM

10mm, you need to go cry about something more important. It’s great to take a stand, but how about doing it for AID’s awareness, world hunger, unnecissary war, ect…
    Or for that matter, why don’t you go speak at a ymca about the dangers of drinking and driving…try to make a real difference instead of cluttering a sports site with your dribble. Poser.
    While you write meaningless comments on here Mike Vick is out making right in the community. Whether he’s being told to or not…at least he’s doing something.
    I shouldn’t say that, maybe you do. Of course that would just make your comments even more dissapointing.

15. redsquare says: Sep 25, 2009 3:08 PM

He’ll be serviceable, middling overall, an imitation of his old self, and the circle-the-wagons major sports media will all fill their time talking about his numbers and performance while doing everything they can to stick their fingers in their ears and say, “la la la, can’t hear you” to the moral questions which were never well examined in the first place.
    This is about the only sports site you can go to that isn’t bending over backwards (or forwards) to defend Vick, shush the critics, and generally silence any kind of deeper questions about what this sadist is doing back in the league.
    And I’m not even sure that’s because of Vick specifically, or because they all know they don’t want to start asking questions, because once they start it could unravel an awful lot that the league would rather keep concealed. Forever. You don’t have to scratch far below the surface to reveal a far different nature to many players than the cheery heroes they like to present.

16. Patches O'Houlahan says: Sep 25, 2009 3:24 PM

“SirRibbit says:
    Hey Patches, read the headline. If you don’t want to hear about Vick, don’t watch it. ”
    Hey SirRibbit
    Suck It!
    Love,
    Patches

17. Opie says: Sep 25, 2009 3:31 PM

L.A. Raiders: You don’t have a team and THAT must suck! Or you’re a Raiders fan and know that Vick is coming your way in the offseason for a first round pick?!? Cause JaMarcus sucks at passing!
    Sociofan: I read that last night. Add that comment to the “originator of the Wildcat” and the “Superman is almost back” comment and I just keep hoping that Andy & Co. know what they are doing. Maybe these quotes were taken out of context?…….I can dream can’t I?!?

18. cfuska says: Sep 25, 2009 4:07 PM

redsquare says:
    September 25, 2009 3:08 PM
    “Enjoy cheering for the sadistic dog torturer, Eagles fans, and explaining to your kids why that’s okay.”
    I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear you from atop your ivory tower. Let me know the next time you’re giving a lecture on how to live the perfect life. I’ll sign up.

19. L.A. Raiders says: Sep 25, 2009 4:19 PM

Well , The Raiders have 3 Super Bowls and the Eagles have none.
    One of those Super Bowl wins was against the deplorable Eagles.
    The Raiders will be back in L.A.
    Enjoy your 4-12 season Eagles

20. chgolaw says: Sep 25, 2009 4:33 PM

Who frigging cares? It is amazing how much press a trhird string quarterback gets.

21. 10mm says: Sep 25, 2009 4:46 PM

Birdmancometh
    you need to get a life fool
    I served twenty nine years in the US Army , three tours of duty in vietnam and have seen more violence and hurt than you could ever believe And I’m ashamed that a sadistic ignorant thug bitch like Mike Vick is even allowed to walk the streets. Oh before you start I have been an African American all my life, and you can go to hell