Bengals-Steelers one-liners

Steelers WR Hines Ward topped 10,000 yards receiving for his career Sunday, but it came in a 23-20 loss to the red-hot Bengals.

Rookie Mike Wallace has likely clinched the Steelers’ third receiver job after catching seven passes for 102 yards in Sunday’s loss, while competitor Limas Sweed dropped an easy touchdown.
Despite some mid-week speculation that Steelers RB Rashard Mendenhall would overtake starter Willie Parker, Mendenhall didn’t get a single carry in Week 3.
Bengals RB Brian Leonard revealed that he was the last of Carson Palmer’s reads when he caught a short pass on fourth-and-ten and turned it into an 11-yard gain to set up WR Andre Caldwell’s game-winning touchdown.
Cincinnati was a four-point underdog coming into the game, so many-a-bettor lost out on Caldwell’s receiving score with 14 seconds remaining.
Bengals LB Rey Maualuga and CB Leon Hall both suffered knee injuries Sunday, but returned to finish the game.
On paper, the Bengals have a good shot at being 5-2 heading into their Week 8 bye.
Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill
25 Responses to “Bengals-Steelers one-liners”
  1. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Sep 28, 2009 1:07 PM

That sound that you hear is the Pissburgh fans closing their mouths…. and after they close their mouths, the air quality will make a dramatic improvement
    They say Silence is Golden, but it is probably more appropriate to say, silence is Black and Gold fans…. realizing that they are one coin toss away from 0-3

2. stiller43 says: Sep 28, 2009 1:31 PM

Easy BCC,
    We have the necessary talent. We just aren’t closing out games and making stupid mistakes. It’s still early. May I remind you the Colts started 3-4 last year and ended 12-4.

3. namhob says: Sep 28, 2009 1:42 PM

Rookie Mike Wallace has likely clinched the Steelers’ third receiver job after catching seven passes for 102 yards in Sunday’s win, while competitor Limas Sweed dropped an easy touchdown.
    You might want to correct that statement. Yes, Mike Wallace did a bang-up job, but he played for the Steelers so saying that he caught 7 for 102 yards in their win is not true. THEY LOST!

4. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Sep 28, 2009 2:20 PM

The difference between the Colts last year, and the Steelers this year, is that the Colts were finding ways to win, and the Steelers are finding ways to lose. The Colts should have been 1-5 last year, but they managed to “steal” a few games while Manning was coming back from his knee injury

5. steeler-hater says: Sep 28, 2009 2:34 PM

Bill Cowher’s Chin says:
    September 28, 2009 1:07 PM
    —————————————-
    Gee, I wish I had said that.
    lol!
    Of course, I have said stuff similar to that for years about the fairweather Stealer fans.
    I just wish I had been first to say it here in this thread, that’s all…
    lmfao!

6. steeler-hater says: Sep 28, 2009 2:47 PM

Cheer up, Pittsburgh fans.
    We know the Pirates suck and the Steelers look very beatable now.
    But ya still got the Penguins to homer up.
    God help you guys if the Pens go into the toilet, though. If that happens, what will you boys have to live for?
    lol!
    Blind homer fans…

7. copes cabana says: Sep 28, 2009 2:49 PM

I love how everyone talks about the “fair weather Steeler fans” and yet the staduim is packed win or lose. In fact other teams stadiums are packed with our fans win or lose.
    We are the least fair weather fans in the sport (with the possible exception of Browns fans, who are not only not fair weather fans, but are “Perfect Storm fans.”)

8. Rafterman says: Sep 28, 2009 3:11 PM

So far I see a D that misses its Rover, and stupid mistakes that cost them two close games.
    All of which can and will be corrected, chances are they will come back with a vengeance.

9. Igottz5onit says: Sep 28, 2009 3:14 PM

This just shows how scared of the Steelers everyone still is in the fact the that people who hate the Steelers have to kick them when they are down. I guess we could not realistically expect to go a full decade without losing in ohio. By the way, your hate is still delicious and we are still the World Champions.

10. Gordon-Geico-Gekko says: Sep 28, 2009 3:18 PM

steeler-hater says: September 28, 2009 2:47 PM
    Hey dickhead, is this you?
    steeler-hater on MySpace
    I bet it is. Christ, you’re as big an asswipe as Vox.
    You two oughta hook up.

11. Slow Joe says: Sep 28, 2009 3:22 PM

How many catches did Morley Safer have?

12. i'm president charlie! says: Sep 28, 2009 3:33 PM

Everyone wants to take chip shots at the champs. I’m not surprised…. Same thing happens on Penguins message boards as well. But, everyone leaves the Pirates message boards alone. It all boils down to jealousy. The more you win the more attention you get.
    As a resident of Pittsburgh my whole life I heard so many stories from my family/friends about the Steelers glory of the 70’s. All I wanted was to see one Super Bowl in my lifetime. I have already got to see 2 Lombardi trophies hoisted by the black n’ gold before I turned 30. Feels good man. As long as the Steelers are competitive I’m happy. Do I want them to see them win every week? Of course, who doesn’t want to see their team do that?
    The Steelers are a couple of plays away from being 0-3 or 3-0. Every game has come right down to the wire. I couldn’t ask for more entertaining football.
    Hats off to the Bengals for their win yesterday. Even though they are in the Steelers division its good to see any team get back to playing competitive football.
    To the Steelers…”Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?!”

13. Steelers58 says: Sep 28, 2009 3:42 PM

It’s pretty obvious that the defense no longer can be trusted to protect leads. Once Tomlin figures this out — and stops taking the air out of the ball once we’re ahead — we’ll be fine.

14. SteelTown_6 says: Sep 28, 2009 3:42 PM

“steeler-hater says:”
    So, who exactly is your team?

15. Holeinone09 says: Sep 28, 2009 3:43 PM

Congrats to the Bengals yesterday. I do believe the Steelers clearly let one get away, and they have to overcome it. Won’t spend time going over all the mistakes (and there were MANY), since the bottom line is we lost and we have to come back strong against Chargers, which I think we will. We will see the Bengals later on in Pittsburgh.
    But do you notice that when a team beats the Steelers, many posters consider it equivalent to winning the Super Bowl? That is sure how it comes across. People get really giddy when someone actually beats the Steelers. I guess that is how people feel when something happens they didn ‘t expect? Or when something happens that has not happened very often?
    Gotta love the NFL.
    GO STEELERS!!

16. SteelTown_6 says: Sep 28, 2009 4:34 PM

# SteelTown_6 says: September 28, 2009 3:42 PM
    So, who exactly is your team?”
    Oh well, I tried.
    It appears steeler-hater would prefer not to identify -his- team.
    [ / boy, who didn’t see that coming? ]
    Most likely, out of sheer embarrassment.

17. LIMEY says: Sep 28, 2009 5:26 PM

Everyone is talking about this and that. I would like to know why the head coach and the offensive coordinator don’t like Mendenhall

18. VoxVeritas says: Sep 28, 2009 5:45 PM

Waitaminute… do you mean to tell me that the Steelers got their asses kicked by the fricking BENGALS?!?
    “As a resident of Pittsburgh my whole life”
    Oh, so THAT’s it. You have my condolences. Anybody seen that clueless liberal asshat mrmagoo lately? As a matter of fact we’re missing a lot of guys from the PA contingent of PFT Planet lately.

19. Igottz5onit says: Sep 28, 2009 7:14 PM

Wait so VoxVeritas thinks that a 3 point last second victory is an asskicking? Wow must be a cowboys fan, only they appeal to the lowest common denominator… If you need me to explain that to you Vox I will. Oh what am I saying… you probably only can act like you can read.

20. ForrestGump says: Sep 28, 2009 7:31 PM

Vox
    1996
    That’s all I have to say about that.

21. steeler-hater says: Sep 29, 2009 8:09 AM

Gordon-Geico-Gekko says:
    September 28, 2009 3:18 PM
    steeler-hater says: September 28, 2009 2:47 PM
    Hey dickhead, is this you?
    steeler-hater on MySpace
    I bet it is. Christ, you’re as big an asswipe as Vox.
    You two oughta hook up.
    ———————————————
    Nope… I’m not on MySpace.
    MySpace is meant for little girls and losers like you. So quit your weeping and whining, ya little girl loser.
    You Pittsburgh fans talk about “selling out all the games” but I guess that doesn’t apply to the Pirates, huh?
    If the Steelers go into the toilet the way they did after Terry Baldshaw retired and you had such a “great” string of QBs like Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, and Kordell Stewart, we will see how many sellouts the Steelers have then when they ain’t winning even half their games.
    Just like the way Pittsburgh fans bailed out on the Pirates and also the Penguins back before they recently got good again.
    It’s well known that if Pittsburgh teams stink really bad, the only “sellouts” they will have is their fairweather fan base…

22. shaunypoo says: Sep 29, 2009 9:33 AM

Just because you see a few comments posted about how big a victory it was (and for us it was important) don’t oversell your team. I thought it was a real good game, and either team could have won it, or lost it. Difference is everyone would be saying “same old bungles” if we had lost, but when the Steelers lose, it is always “we let one get away.” Well, it did. Both teams made some bad plays, both teams made good plays, and both teams made great plays. This time the Bengals got the breaks. Usually it is the Steelers that get the breaks, but that is what happens when you prepare to win every game, and I hope the Bengals are doing that.
    And Steeler-hater, please tell me you are not a Bengal fan, please.

23. SteelTown_6 says: Sep 29, 2009 10:23 AM

“steeler-hater says: September 29, 2009 8:09 AM ”
    Still not going to answer my question, huh coward?

24. steeler-hater says: Sep 29, 2009 11:46 AM

SteelTown_6 says:
    September 29, 2009 10:23 AM
    “steeler-hater says: September 29, 2009 8:09 AM ”
    Still not going to answer my question, huh coward?
    ———————————————
    See, unlike you, I have a life outside this forum. I am not on here 18 hours a day typing such hard hitting sports opinions as “Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go” like all you blind homers do. I don’t have to live my life vicariously through my sports teams like you losers do. If the teams I like win, great. If they lose, then oh well, there’s always next year. You clods take a thing like a bunch of pampered millionaires playing a kids game way too seriously. That’s why you are such big blind “homers”. Try having a real purpose in life yourself, instead of trying to obtain glory by attaching yourselves to the exploits of athletes.
    I love it when you homers say “We won the Super Bowl” and then brag. lol! None of you clods threw a pass, run for a yard, made a tackle or a kick or anything. You all sat in front of a TV and watch other guys do it, yet then you brag like you actually had a real hand in winning the title.
    lol!
    Try going out and getting your own personal glory instead of trying to grab onto someone elses. I realize it may be too tough for you, especially when it means you’d have to haul your anchor loose of that easy chair of yours.
    ——————————
    Anyways, like I told you in the other thread, my favorite team is any team that beats the “Squealers”.
    Happy now? Now you can back to bawling over the “Squealers” latest loss into that piss yellow snot rag of yours.
    Real cool team ya got there, by the way… let’s see, there’s no cheerleader hotties but you do got those piss yellow snot rags to cheer with (or cry into… depending on whether the team wins or loses), and of course there’s good old Steely McBeam to get the crowd fired up. He’s way better than hot cheerleader babes, huh?
    lol!
    Steely McBeam… how sissy can you get.
    Please, oh please tell me how I’m wrong & that Steely McBeam is really “cool” and not a laughable embarrassment.
    lol!

25. shaunypoo says: Sep 29, 2009 1:43 PM

I would like it if some posters would quit being tools and putting other teams down, the occasional joke notwithstanding, but you are a troll, plain and simple. This site would be better with you simply not being on it. People who have nothing better to do than to make fun of another team without telling everyone who they root for are trolls. Please quit posting on Bengals threads. Please.