Brandon Jacobs has unwavering belief in Brandon Jacobs

Giants running back Brandon Jacobs took another swipe this morning at the swarm of critics currently buzzing his control tower.

Jacobs told Brandon Tierney of ESPN Radio in New York (via Ralph Vacchiano’s blog in the New York Daily News) that, “If I finish the season averaging (3.4 yards) a carry, I won’t play next year. I’ll be done. That’s how much I believe in my ability.”

As Mike Florio noted earlier today, the genesis of Jacobs’ comments are remarks made by Fox analyst Tony Siragusa saying that Jacobs isn’t running hard enough this season.

Jacobs circled back to Siragusa again in the ESPN spot.

“The last thing [Siragusa] said is that is that he doesn’t think people are fearing me. That’s his opinion,” Jacobs said. “Opinions are like [anuses ... or is it anii?] – everybody’s got one. I don’t think I have to really pay attention to what he said, because that’s his opinion.”

Jacobs, who has run 58 times for 196 yards and a touchdown for the 3-0 Giants this season, also revealed that he “had a little knee at the beginning of the season.” Presumably, the knee has now returned to normal size.

That fact and Jacobs’ apparent agitation with being criticized could spell a long day for the 0-3 Chiefs who host the Giants on Sunday.

Permalink 36 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: AFC, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants, NFC, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
36 Responses to “Brandon Jacobs has unwavering belief in Brandon Jacobs”
  1. homercles82 says: Oct 2, 2009 1:14 PM

This is the funniest article I have read on here in a while.

2. ItalianArmyGuy says: Oct 2, 2009 1:15 PM

Hey Brandon, there’s worse things than running for 3.4 yards per carry. Like running for 2.5 yards per carry. Just ask Larry Johnson, Darren Sproles, and Matt Forte.

3. Resolution says: Oct 2, 2009 1:17 PM

Easy. He no longer hits people headfirst, he hits them more upright. This 1) makes him easier to tackle low, 2) give him less impact, and LaRon Landry doesn’t fear him anymore.
    Enough BS Jacobs, you are running differently and your opponents know it. Period.

4. texasPHINSfan says: Oct 2, 2009 1:19 PM

the giants are 3-0.
    what on earth is wrong with the press up there. i guess even when their teams are winning, they have to bitch & complain about something. :rolleyes:

5. Ocelot138 says: Oct 2, 2009 1:20 PM

“If I finish the season averaging (3.4 yards) a carry, I won’t play next year. I’ll be done.”
    Can we hold you to that, big guy?

6. Obeah says: Oct 2, 2009 1:24 PM

Are you saying that Brandon Jacobs is full of himself. He must surely be constipated.
    Go Dallas Cowboys

7. Hap says: Oct 2, 2009 1:25 PM

Said Brandon, “I love me some me.”
    I don’t think the fact that Siragusa said something is gonna make him put any more effort forth.”

8. Dustin Chandler says: Oct 2, 2009 1:26 PM

how is this news?
    in any way, shape, or form?

9. VoxVeritas says: Oct 2, 2009 1:26 PM

“had a little knee at the beginning of the season.”
    Must be tough walking around with a little knee. Maybe his knee and brain will get bigger soon.

10. PatsRPerfection says: Oct 2, 2009 1:38 PM

It was noted yesterday on the whiner line that Tom Curran reminds us all of a younger Al Bundy from Married with Children.

11. Rex Grossman says: Oct 2, 2009 1:45 PM

Opinions are like [anuses ... or is it anii?]
    No way he really said that. No way.

12. brewcrewe says: Oct 2, 2009 1:47 PM

Please don’t quit after the season Brandon, who will take your place as the most overhyped running back in the NFL. Tiki was a better short yardage running back than you. You are an oversized, injury prone, sh*t talking scrub and the Giants would be a better team without you starting. Ahmad Bradshaw is 10 times the back you are.You are slow to the hole, impatient, and surprisingly easy to take down. Your pass catching is horrendous, your mentality is childish and you don’t deserve the credit once heaped upon you. Other than that, good luck on the season.

13. birdmancometh says: Oct 2, 2009 1:53 PM

“Presumably, the knee has now returned to normal size.”
    ZING!

14. bearsrule says: Oct 2, 2009 2:05 PM

Jacobs needs to chill out on this. He’s getting way too worked up over the opinion of a fat ass moron. I don’t care one way or the other about Jacobs or the Giants, but Siragusa’s thoughts about anything aren’t worth a bucket of spit.

15. BoneCrusher says: Oct 2, 2009 2:12 PM

Watch out, its the us (me) against the world approach.(AGAIN!)
    Go Blue

16. pubicreign says: Oct 2, 2009 2:35 PM

texasPHINSfan says:
    October 2, 2009 1:19 PM
    the giants are 3-0.
    ————————————————-
    I would be sceptical aswell, look who they did beat. hmmmm…Not sold on em just yet.

17. Wrathchild says: Oct 2, 2009 2:42 PM

He loves him some him…

18. mikeylanga says: Oct 2, 2009 2:55 PM

I’d be pretty pissed too if Tony Siragusa (and his 7.6 40 time) was giving me advice on how to run…

19. Levito says: Oct 2, 2009 3:08 PM

@pubicreign they beat the Cowboys! Oh, wait… yeah, the Cowboys suck. Point taken, but you can’t blame them for winning the games they’re supposed to win.

20. ZombieRevolution says: Oct 2, 2009 3:13 PM

Curan writes “…Brandon Jacobs took another swipe this morning at the swarm of critics currently buzzing his control tower.”
    Curran and Vacchiano talk about a “ton of critism” and “a swam of critics” against Jacobs. The source of this “ton” and “swarm”- 2 Fox broadcasters. Yep- that’s a lot of critism…..
    Florio left PFT in good hands while he is away. No one can overplay a story as well as Curran. Florio better look out or Curran might stage a coup.

21. BrohammadAli says: Oct 2, 2009 3:14 PM

brewcrewe says:
    October 2, 2009 1:47 PM
    Geez, did Jacobs take your girlfriend or something?

22. JRLC says: Oct 2, 2009 3:24 PM

Jacobs is all mouth & wont last long in the NFL. i cant believe the Giants signed him to a new deal with his running style. teams dont even game for Jocobs because theirs not much he can do.
    he doesnt have any speed, he dont have any wiggle & its easy to find him in traffic.
    if it wasnt for his big mouth you wouldnt even know he was apart of the Giants team, he might scare some people in the UFL. he wont have to worry about quitting football bcuz after this year the Giants are going to run him & his big out of town.
    he’s a big duck but anyway you look at it he’s still a duck & the big ones get caught easier then the little ones. big slow duck!

23. Borg30 says: Oct 2, 2009 3:47 PM

@JRLC
    if he was cowgirl, you would be crying for him to stay

24. Vaxman says: Oct 2, 2009 3:56 PM

Yeah, good ol’ brandon Jacobs… Afraid to lower the shoulder after getting smacked around the last couple of years… 3.4 is good, yeah, real good… Him n She lie manning are lucky they got another back… Stand by to retire f@g

25. BigBlueWreckingCrew says: Oct 2, 2009 4:22 PM

brewcrewe, JRLC, Vaxman….. just a bunch of haters. No worries, your teams will get theirs. At which point I expect you and your comments will have disappeared.

26. joe d says: Oct 2, 2009 4:31 PM

this was a jacobs discussion,why bring in the best road qb/superbowl winner/superbowl mvp into the mix,trust me keep your romo,fatboy#5,campbell,we’ll take eli manning

27. milleruni says: Oct 2, 2009 5:20 PM

Who would you rather get hit by brandon jacobs or ray lewis? http://backseatfan.com/index.php/2009/10/ray-lewis-vs-brandon-jacobs/

28. brewcrewe says: Oct 2, 2009 5:21 PM

BigBlueWreckingCrew says:
    October 2, 2009 4:22 PM
    ___________________________________
    I am not hating on your Giants, just on Jacobs. Actually I am probably one of the few fans of the Cowboys or an other NFC east team, who would admit the Giants are good. The Cowboys did lose to the Giants, but Jacobs had very little to do with it(16 carries for 58 yards). My point was that the Giants would be better off without out his overhyped a$$. So no Jacobs did not give my team theirs, and to be honest, if it were not for a bad Romo game, the Giants would have been destroyed. I know it is all part of the game, but you did get beat everywhere on the field except the scoreboard.(which I admit is the only place that matters) but if your Giants are so great and the Cowboys suck so bad, shouldn’t they have killed the Cowboys and not relied on the Cowboys to beat themselves.

29. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 5:38 PM

Always a classy eli manning post sprinkled in by yet another non intelligent fan.
    they bash eli bc he has a good run game, the same people who say they have a horrible run game and jacobs is terrible, which is it?? Oh and their defense sucks, justin tuck and osi are horrible pass rushers and their coach is old…says fans of 1-2 or 0-3 teams, or the team eli threw all over in wk 2

30. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 5:51 PM

Jacobs is off to a slow start, great, hell pick it up, with that being said (only 3 games) he still averages more yards per carry than portis, barber and westbrook for his career, so I dont get all the shit talk. Fans have issues with everything, its absurd already. they are 3-0 but thats bc this and that, give me a break. He had over 1000 yards last yr in a lot less carries than anyone else in the league. Jacobs is trash, go tell that to terrence Newman when he punked out of a tackle 2 sundays ago….Right, thats bs, go and watch it everywhere online, or the ten times they showed it when they played against carolina a week later..
    and
    brewcrewe says:
    October 2, 2009 5:21 PM
    ___________________________________
    if my grandmother had balls, shed be my grandfather…

31. brewcrewe says: Oct 2, 2009 6:27 PM

@jkorn1818
    Is it hard for you to have a conversation about football, like a grown up? I havn’t been abusive to you or anyone else here. I stated an opinion, shared by many, that Jacobs is overrated. Many people feel Romo is overrated, but I don’t regress to being a little girl, like you and some others. It is a message board, so obviously you can comment on me anytime , but I would prefer you and VOX stay to yourselves, as you both tend to rely on the I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I intellect level. Nothing against you being a Giant fan, as I respect fans from all teams, and dislike some from my own(VOX). I just don’t respect you.

32. BigBlueWreckingCrew says: Oct 2, 2009 6:41 PM

brewcrewe,
    It was the Cowboys intent to slow the running game and make the Giants pass. So yes, Jacobs did just fine that game. And let’s not forget the numerous FG’s the Giants had to kick for not getting TD’s in the redzone. The Cowboys (Romo) should have won that game for the simple fact the were scoring TD’s not FG’s. Other than that it wasn’t as lopsided as the commentators made it sound. I’ll take the win either way….

33. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 7:02 PM

huh? what did i exactly say aside from if my grandmother had balls shed be my grandfather. You said if romo didnt make picks and thats what i said.
    i wasnt calling you unintelligent, I said it to the guy bashing eli. I wasnt attacking you at all, i was simply saying, he did make the picks so they lost. it happens in every game. You didnt make the eli comment, wasnt you.

34. ARODSWALLOWS says: Oct 2, 2009 9:02 PM

If that is true, Goose has an oversized opinion…

35. comment_submission_error says: Oct 2, 2009 9:44 PM

ItalianArmyGuy, Willie’s 3.1 isn’t much good either.

36. Bigbluefan says: Oct 2, 2009 10:19 PM

Brandon is a great back and a hello of a guy
    I had the pleasure of meeting him the night before the wildcard game in Tampa he is a Giant in every way and the nicest guy you could meet
    I saw him around a bunch of fans from 5 to 60 and he was nice polite and just a class act all the way.
    As far as being over rated well lets see how many Rings does he have oh yeah 1 thats one more then all of your backs