Brandon Jacobs wants to beat up Tony Siragusa?

It’s been two weeks or so since Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder invited me to come to his house and call him a “douche bag” to his face.

And the trend could be growing.

FOX’s Tony Siragusa recently had some choice words for Giants running back Brandon Jacobs.  But Siragusa didn’t call Jacobs a “douche bag.”  Siragusa took it a step farther, suggesting that Jacobs is running scared.

Specifically, Siragusa said that Jacobs is “tip-toeing” in 2009.

Unfortunately, Jaobs didn’t respond by inviting Siragusa to come to Brandon’s house and say it to his face.

I don’t care about analysts,” Jacobs said Thursday, per Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News.  “They are analysts. They are
going to say what they’ve got to say.  I am here, we are 3-0, and that’s
all I am focusing on.  I don’t want to talk about the comment that was
made by Tony Siragusa.  I don’t really care about Tony Siragusa.  Next
question.”

Jacobs also addressed whether he’s doing anything differently, now that he has cashed in via a multi-year deal.

“I feel like I’m running the same way I was running last year,” Jacobs said.  “Getting
a little bit smarter, being patient, let the scheme happen for me.  You
just can’t run in there and think that you can outrun your blocks.”

Through three 2009 regular-season games, Jacobs has 196 total yards on 58 carries, an average of 3.4 yards per attempt.

Against Tampa in Week Three, Jacobs carried the ball 26 times for 92 yards and one score.

So keep at it, Goose.  And if Jacobs never gets around to inviting you to say it to his face, let me know if you’re available to go with me to Miami for my beer-and-brass-knuckles summit with Crowder.

UPDATE:  For all of you who have asked in the comments where Jacobs said he wants to beat up Siragusa, Jacobs didn’t say it.  And that’s why there’s a question mark in the title to this blurb.  It was also a backhanded reference to the “Channing Crowder wants to beat me up” story from last month.  And as to anyone else who posts a “hey, Jacobs never said he wants to beat up Siragusa” comment, I want to beat them up.  As long as they are 5’9″ or shorter, 165 pounds or lighter and not experienced in boxing, wrestling, martial arts, swords, pistols, or bows and arrows.

Permalink 60 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
60 Responses to “Brandon Jacobs wants to beat up Tony Siragusa?”
  1. DonTerrelli says: Oct 2, 2009 8:53 AM

Soooo, where does he say anything about beating him up?

2. hayward giablommi says: Oct 2, 2009 8:55 AM

Can’t we allllll just get alllllong?

3. Roboto says: Oct 2, 2009 8:57 AM

More tabloid roporting.

4. max says: Oct 2, 2009 8:58 AM

And where exactly is he quoted desiring to “beat him up”?
    Kind of a stretch on that one, but nice job implementing yourself into the story Mike.

5. Anrkist says: Oct 2, 2009 8:58 AM

Good… maybe this is the first year he won’t go out with an injury.

6. PhillyPhil says: Oct 2, 2009 9:01 AM

Florio- Where in this rambling article does it make any mention of Jacobs saying anything even close to suggest that he wants to “beat up” Siragusa?

7. Manifesto says: Oct 2, 2009 9:02 AM

I’m confused. Where exactly did Jacobs say he wants to beat up Siragusa?

8. VoxVeritas says: Oct 2, 2009 9:07 AM

Jacobs has issues and is a punk, but I don’t see him saying he wants to beat anybody up here. Goose would have pieces of Brenda in his stool the next morning and he probably knows it.

9. giantsgab.com says: Oct 2, 2009 9:08 AM

Let’s not get carried away here with Jacobs, pun intended.
    He’s running smarter this year, and it makes sense that he would want some longevity this season to help power the team through the tough spots on the schedule, and not give it all up on a second and 1 where he tries to take the whole line out and comes up limping. He’s maturing as a player and it’s nice to see when you pull back and think about it. A guy that used to be only brought in to punch the ball in from the 1 yard line after Tiki did the work is now breaking into a full-on star… wanting more catches out of the backfield, he wants the ball in clutch situations — he wants to lead his team to victory plain and simple. It’s about winning games, not stats… that’s Giants football at it’s purest for you.
    So yes there is a noticeable change in demeanor this year with Jacobs, but it’s subtle. To any other football fan they wouldn’t see it. It’s those close to the Giants and those that really follow a players impact that can see a slight difference.
    People always point to stats — but this past week it’s quite superficially based with Jacobs. If he had 3 more carries to his game average — he would have ended with 102+ yards and 1 touchdown on 29 carries. That’s 3.5 ypa which is under Jacobs’ career average but is still getting the job done. ‘Analysts’ look for atleast 4 ypa and a score for a running back to have a respectable day…. but it’s completely superficial. We’re going to say a guy is tip-toeing because of 8 yards?
    PLEASE.
    With Jabobs running style – 8 yards can come at a moments notice.
    So let’s not say anything we’re going to regret here, while there is a noticeable difference but as we point out over at Giantsgab.com — it’s that he has been running smarter, not harder this year.
    Do what you do big man, we’re still fans.

10. promin1 says: Oct 2, 2009 9:09 AM

Florio….not sure if you know this or not, but lots of people want to punch you in the face. Crowder is gonna have to take a number.

11. K-RoQ Smash says: Oct 2, 2009 9:16 AM

This site is turning into the National Enquirer. BS titles to articles that are there just to catch attention.

12. FireJerryJones says: Oct 2, 2009 9:17 AM

Not sure how NBC’s going to enjoy the lawsuit that should follow.
    Site’s getting more like TMZ all the time.

13. Dewey ActSwooned says: Oct 2, 2009 9:20 AM

The only thing Siragusa will be beating up is a meatball sandwich.
    Spinelessness and self-deprecation suits you well, Florio–but no worries, you could always take the manly route and litigate your way out of any brouhaha, right?

14. TG Viking says: Oct 2, 2009 9:21 AM

You call this journalism?
    This article is absolutely childish, stupid & not news at all.

15. Levito says: Oct 2, 2009 9:22 AM

As long as he stays healthy and the Giants keep winning, I don’t care if he’s tiptoeing or whatever.
    But if you ask me, Jacobs was doing his best to say nothing, which is exactly what the Giants should be doing. They’re highly regarded as one of the better teams in the league, and as long as they keep their noses to the grindstone doing what they’ve been doing, they’ll be fine.

16. Triryche says: Oct 2, 2009 9:23 AM

Florio:
    Can you please post an article, without involving yourself in some way. Your ego/self involvement is pathetic. The world doesn’t revolve around you.
    I would quit this site, but it has good football insites, not found on other sites. But, your continual need to mention yourself, or try to make yourself a focal point of any story, is ruining this site.
    You are an insufferable, egomaniac, who needs to realize people come here for football news, not stories about yourself.

17. cleanface says: Oct 2, 2009 9:27 AM

I’m bigger than 5’9″, 165, so Florio where does Jacobs say that he wants to beat up Siragusa?

18. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 9:31 AM

In fact, it’s just the opposite, he pretty much said it’s no biggie, he’s an analyst doing his job. I watched the game last week, siragusa wasn’t ripping him apart or too negative. Jacobs said he is going to beat up siragusa the sentence before the Pats are cutting ties with Moss and that he’s whispering in his buddy favre’s ear. Jacobs slow start is due to teams stacking the box, nothing more. He’ll be fine and he’s right, they are 3-0.

19. 4DayTheory says: Oct 2, 2009 9:33 AM

You fools! He says it in the subtext! When Jacobs says, “I don’t want to talk about the comment that was made by Tony Siragusa” what he’s really saying is “I want to pound Siragusa’s face! RAWR!”
    It’s obvious.
    Clearly, Florio is interested in a slap/tickle fight.

20. soldier_stats says: Oct 2, 2009 9:36 AM

I would say carrying the ball 26 times for 92 yards is not tip toeing around anything. If your looking for a tip toe artist you need to look at Clinton Portis-He has been worthless so far.

21. lololnpnp says: Oct 2, 2009 9:38 AM

Wow, what a pathetic way to get me to read a story I normally wouldn’t have. Since when does sensational writing have a place on an NFL blog? Some suggestions for future stories…
    1. Brandon Jacobs to give birth to twins?
    2. Brandon Jacobs to run wildcat for Giants?
    3. Brandon Jacobs thinks PFT is stupid?
    According to you, adding a question mark makes completely unsubstantiated statements acceptable.
    LOLZZZROFLMAO!!!!

22. d3murf says: Oct 2, 2009 9:39 AM

Man I Hate when “Journalist” do the whole statement/question mark headline! Most fans are going to read the title and then go tell a friend. I guarantee this will get back to Goose and Jacobs as a challenge for a fight. Florio wants that so he can be talked about outside the internet. Jacobs handled it well, but this headline will not reflect that. Florio will be Jim Rome’d eventually. Ask Jim Everette!!!

23. Smush Rodrigez says: Oct 2, 2009 9:41 AM

Triryche: I come here for articles about Florio.

24. Smush Rodrigez says: Oct 2, 2009 9:43 AM

Brandon Jacobs is overrated. I am not saying he stinks but he is overrated. Look at the Eagles – Giants game last year in the playoffs.
    He is also very fragile due to running style just like Marion Barber.

25. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 9:44 AM

This article was written so you can talk about yourself as usual and mention that crowder fight that is never going to happen and that he probably doesnt even remember. At least TMZ has some truth to their articles.

26. Forever21 says: Oct 2, 2009 9:45 AM

I really wish that all of the mike florio haters would just leave already. The routine is getting old, quit bashing florio! If you don’t like what he has to say then quit coming back to the website. Find somebody else to trash. It your gonna bitch everytime that he writes something, then leave your not wanted here!!! Keep up the good work mike, I enjoy the website and keep it up.

27. BernardPollardIsAnAss says: Oct 2, 2009 9:48 AM

What I don’t get is why you feel the need to write exaggerated or overly suggestive headlines for your articles. Why don’t you just report on what was said accurately. People are going to read it either way. What do you gain from false headlines? It’s not like it is going to draw extra hits to the site. We are here already.

28. My Vick In A Box says: Oct 2, 2009 9:54 AM

Congrats Florio, you just took a minute from my life I will never get back. Great work…I really got suckered on this one.

29. cfuska says: Oct 2, 2009 10:02 AM

hayward giablommi says:
    October 2, 2009 8:55 AM
    Can’t we allllll just get alllllong?
    =================================
    Yeah, like me and Hayward do.
    Florio, good update to the article. Cracking me up. Maybe you should have just titled it “Brandon Jacobs Has Interview”, maybe that would make these people feel like they weren’t mislead because it seems to be hurting a lot of people. And that title is catching to the eye too.

30. koyote_ken says: Oct 2, 2009 10:03 AM

Siragusa is an asshole. Period. Since he reports from the endzone, the next time Jacobs scores a TD, he should “tip-toe” right over Siragusa’s sorry fat ass…..

31. Borg30 says: Oct 2, 2009 10:03 AM

Smush,
    Overrated?? I would dissagree. In the playoff game last year, the giants did not have Plax, your defense did a good job of stacking the line and Eli over threw wide open receivers.
    Redemption on Nov. 1.

32. bearsrule says: Oct 2, 2009 10:04 AM

You’re going to get beat up on this one, Mike. You’re my guy, but this is a big stretch.

33. jopaskin says: Oct 2, 2009 10:04 AM

Could there possibly be a typo here? Could Barndon Jacobs be saying that he wants to
    ” beat off ” Tonu Siragusa? That sounds more like his style

34. jkorn1818 says: Oct 2, 2009 10:10 AM

Forever21 says:
    October 2, 2009 9:45 AM
    ___________________________________
    Is forever 21 your favorite store to shop at, or is it where you work? Strutting around with your forever 21 bag full off accessories whining at people to stop making fun of florio

35. Dewey ActSwooned says: Oct 2, 2009 10:19 AM

Don’t listen to them Florio (like you would)…
    The fact that your site/posts are biased, inflammatory, quippy, snarky, snide, inaccurate, made-up, controversial, self-interjected, off-color, off-base, poorly edited, unfounded, rumor-filled, conjectural, self-aggaradizing or self-deprecating, made-up, conspiracy-laced or conspiracy-based, lowbrow, pedantic, sycophantic, half-assed, incomplete, un-funny, irreverent, irrelevant, tabloidy, or WHATEVER is the exact reason that so many of us LOVE IT and read it daily.
    Where else would you get this?
    If you want the same old flat boring recyled straight up football news, without any quirk or color or character or personality or humor, then go somewhere else, dickhole moles.
    I bash Florio for the sport of it, but what he does–the site and the content–is priceless.
    If you don’t like it, then you’re in the wrong place–quit yer bitchin’ and take it elsewhere, ingrates.
    Now, having said all that, you still suck, Florio. ;-)

36. winkel33 says: Oct 2, 2009 10:24 AM

So based on your logic Florio, someone can write an article with this headline – “Mike Florio wants to marry farm animals?”, and as long as there is that question mark, it makes it OK?

37. Outfoxed says: Oct 2, 2009 10:25 AM

That’s a helluva challenge you set out there Mike. Unfortunately, the only qualifiers are in 5th grade home economics class right now so you are safe—for the time being.

38. realityonetwo says: Oct 2, 2009 10:31 AM

Nobody remembers or cares about your idiotic exchange with Crowder, and to link it to an innocuous comment by Jacobs is strictly rubbish on the level of grade-school texting.

39. BigReg says: Oct 2, 2009 10:37 AM

Hey Florio, I’m 5′ 8″ and weigh 160 lbs. I also have no experience in boxing, wrestling, martial arts, swords, pistols, or bows and arrows. I see nowhere where it says Jacobs wants to beat up Siragusa. Bring it, let’s throw knucks.

40. cfuska says: Oct 2, 2009 10:45 AM

@Dewey ActSwooned
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. The fact is all of us, including myself, are lucky that Florio even decides to post all these comments that we leave, especially when it gets to the point (AND I AM JUST AS GUILTY AS ANYONE) to where we’re not even talking about football or the article anymore and we’re just ripping on each other. And once again I AM JUST AS GUILTY AS ANYONE for doing that. You can look at some of my former debates with Hayward Giablommi and steeler-hater in past articles. The bottom line is he has this website and we don’t. I love to come on here and read everything and leave comments myself that sometimes don’t always relate, but it’s good entertainment and I wouldn’t have it any other way. So people, myself included, will continue to sit at our computers at home or work and leave comments to articles that turn in to me arguing with Hayward or Steeltown_6 with his buddy steeler-hater or everybody against Vox and Florio will contiue to laugh at all of us, knowing that he can post whatever the hell he wants for an article. Keep up the good work, Florio. Don’t cater.

41. Dawn says: Oct 2, 2009 10:48 AM

I.F. said “UPDATE: For all of you who have asked in the comments where Jacobs said he wants to beat up Siragusa, Jacobs didn’t say it. And that’s why there’s a question mark in the title to this blurb. ”
    For all of you who work at PFT, please note that when using a question mark after a statement, it leads one to believe that the entry you just posted provides information to the question you asked.

42. ZombieRevolution says: Oct 2, 2009 11:11 AM

“The fact is all of us, including myself, are lucky that Florio even decides to post…”
    Luck has little to do with it. Florio “allows” those to be posted because he knows it makes the site more popular. He gets those extra hits when people check in to see what others think, point out the obvious errors, and to refute the opinions of others.
    It’s a just a good business practice. Yes- his logistical errors and the occasional high school newspaper level of editing are brought to light, but the trade off for more web hits is well worth it. He will never shut out the “haters” because they benefit him.

43. VoxUcker says: Oct 2, 2009 11:12 AM

“@VoxVeritas says: October 2, 2009 9:07 AM
    Jacobs has issues and is a punk..”
    you need to spend a little more of your time defending your own sorry-assed team, your choker QB, your idiot owner, and let’s not forget Flozell “I can’t tackle for shit, so I’ll just stick out my leg” Adams.
    STFU ya dipshit cooter.

44. thing2 says: Oct 2, 2009 11:14 AM

What about a sickle? Can I bring a sickle?

45. dcfan-1212450 says: Oct 2, 2009 11:18 AM

Man i wish i could be paid to be as dumb as Florio. His picks are bad, his analysist is bad, his editing is the worst, his spelling is terrible, his comments are misleading. Yes this is a blog, but don’t you do such a mainstream blog Florio to become possibly a real journalist… Just tell me, please, where to send my resume. I so want your job…

46. VoxVeritas says: Oct 2, 2009 11:25 AM

“He is also very fragile due to running style just like Marion Barber.”
    Yeeeah, you’ve got it backwards. Smash-mouth runners are not fragile because they get hurt. It’s comes with the territory. You have to expect power backs to get dinged because all they do all game long is bang right into DLs and LBs. The fragile ones are the scat-backs that do almost nothing but run off the edge and catch short passes and stay hurt most of the time, like Felix Jones (so far) and Westbrook.

47. Dawn says: Oct 2, 2009 11:27 AM

I.F. said “It was also a backhanded reference to the “Channing Crowder wants to beat me up” story from last month.”
    Yes, I.F., everyone on this planet reads ALL your posts and hangs on your EVERY word. Of course they’d understand what you meant. Can we backhand you? Especially when you seem to want to make everyone else seem stupid even though it’s your sensationalism that’s causing the confusion.
    “And as to anyone else who posts a “hey, Jacobs never said he wants to beat up Siragusa” comment, I want to beat them up. As long as they are 5’9″ or shorter, 165 pounds or lighter and not experienced in boxing, wrestling, martial arts, swords, pistols, or bows and arrows. ”
    I fit all this criteria and also have boobs (that means I’m a woman, I.F.) so bring it and I’ll put YOU on injured reserve.

48. VoxVeritas says: Oct 2, 2009 11:27 AM

“STFU ya dipshit cooter.”

49. Outfoxed says: Oct 2, 2009 11:30 AM

# winkel33 says: October 2, 2009 10:24 AM
    Hey I never got an invitation!!! Anyone out there know the specifics? Good luck mike, it too baaaaad we’re not all gonna be there.

50. Fanamine says: Oct 2, 2009 12:27 PM

@VOX
    “Sorry man, he’s definitely a punk. Always talking shit and rarely backing it up on the field. And on top of that he’s soft. He’ll be out of the league in three years.”
    I see you are still crying from the embarassment of the crashed coming out party. For someone who can see three years into the future, you did not see that one coming. I think your crystal balls are are malfunctioning. Maybe you were rubbing them too hard.

51. JRLC says: Oct 2, 2009 12:30 PM

i have no clue why the Giants signed him to anything long time, he wont last long in the NFC EAST, defenses are just to tough on RBs with his style. i guess the Giants were hoping to land a Marion Barber of the Dallas Cowboys. theirs nothing special about the way Jacobs runs & his big mouth is going to help them at the end of the year when he’s hurt.
    they should have kept Ward over this knuckle head thug, i thought the Giants would have learned a lesson after seeing what happened to P.Burress. keep drafting & signing them thugs NY, we love it!
    thats sad when ShEli has a higher IQ then the whole offense combined!

52. mustbechris says: Oct 2, 2009 12:31 PM

hey, Jacobs never said he wants to beat up Siragusa

53. Fanamine says: Oct 2, 2009 12:39 PM

@JRLC
    “i have no clue why the Giants signed him to anything long time, he wont last long in the NFC EAST”
    I totally agree and think you are 100% right when you say you are clueless. There are not many illiterate people who have the guts to admit they are so. I was shocked to see you spelled IQ right.

54. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Oct 2, 2009 12:40 PM

Have no fear Florio, just show up at Crowder’s house, town home, trailer,….. dressed in a Colts uniform, and Crowder will fold like a cheap lawn chair……

55. PimP JuicE MaN says: Oct 2, 2009 12:53 PM

Florio, Don’t be afraid ofChanning Crowder, he is a fluffy creme puff, ask Rex about him. Goose is funny, he once got into it with Moose during a
    fox 5 telecast.
    adios fellas

56. Borg30 says: Oct 2, 2009 12:57 PM

@ JRLC,
    Jacobs a THUG???
    So I guess Flozell is an Angel

57. giantphan says: Oct 2, 2009 1:17 PM

dawn, i’m 6’4″ …. 260 and i think i love you
    (i’m kidding) lol

58. Ocelot138 says: Oct 2, 2009 1:34 PM

Vox is just butthurt over the whooping the Giants put on his hopeless team a few weeks ago.

59. TheWizard says: Oct 2, 2009 1:52 PM

Can we just get Siragusa off the air please?
    Who’s the genius that thought putting swine on tv was a great move?

60. nato2424 says: Oct 2, 2009 2:00 PM

If you had to sit and listen thru a whole game of siragusa color commentary. you would want to beat him up too.