Stafford had a kneecap subluxation

Quarterback Matthew Stafford suffered a knee injury on Sunday against the Bears.

For now, it doesn’t appear to be serious.

Per Jay Glazer of FOX, Stafford suffered a kneecap subluxation, which is fancy doctor talk for “it popped out of joint and popped back in.”

On the surface, all should be fine.  But there’s a chance that the process of popping the knee out and in might have damaged some of the stuff in the vicinity.

An MRI will be conducted Monday to determine whether anything was indeed messed up inside the knee.

The Steelers come to town next week.  So maybe Stafford has his fingers crossed for an injury that causes him to miss one game.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Detroit Lions, Injuries, Pittsburgh Steelers, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
15 Responses to “Stafford had a kneecap subluxation”
  1. VoxVeritas says: Oct 4, 2009 8:14 PM

“The Steelers come to town next week. So maybe Stafford has his fingers crossed for an injury that cuases him to miss one game.”
    Why would he fear a team that’s gonna be, at best, 2-2 after tonight?

2. Michael says: Oct 4, 2009 8:17 PM

I’m certain Stafford doesn’t think like you, Florio…

3. Paul_R. says: Oct 4, 2009 8:19 PM

So Mike, did they cancel “Sunday Night Football Extra” tonight?

4. El Colon says: Oct 4, 2009 8:24 PM

Florio is a secret Steelers fan, that is why he believes they’re all big and bad.
    Do the math – lives in W. Virginia, loves the Penguins and hates baseball. I’d hate baseball too if I had to root for the Pirates.

5. Romo With Game on Line says: Oct 4, 2009 8:25 PM

Plus even at 2-2 you need to question that barn burner against the 0-4 Titans.

6. VoxVeritas says: Oct 4, 2009 8:29 PM

One good thing about the Steelers’ losing streak is that it’s kept have the state of PA off of PFT.

7. brasho says: Oct 4, 2009 8:29 PM

Subluxation or dislocation, there is always going to be something wrong with the joint afterward. Usually swelling from broken blood vessels that got stretched too far.
    I’ve dislocated each of my shoulders 4X a piece… and the thought of my knee cap being dislocated freaks me out. Yuck!!!! I rank that only slightly below complete knee hyperextension on my list of things I would never want to happen to me… both of them rank just under being thrown in a chair under hot lights and being forced to read, “Quarterback of the Future”.

8. brasho says: Oct 4, 2009 8:30 PM

9. supermex says: Oct 4, 2009 8:30 PM

Why would he fear a team that’s gonna be, at best, 2-2 after tonight?
    Maybe because that 2-2 team could easily be 4-0 if not for 2 missed FG’s by a usually reliable kicker and a sure TD pass dropped. Oh yeah, and they’re the defending Superbowl Champs. THATS WHY !!

10. gjdodger says: Oct 4, 2009 8:59 PM

My gosh, are you watching this? Unless the Lions can reanimate Bobby Layne, the Steelers are going to bury them.

11. VoxVeritas says: Oct 4, 2009 10:17 PM

“Maybe because that 2-2 team could easily be 4-0 if ”
    Eh, you are what your record says you are.

12. Favreception says: Oct 4, 2009 11:37 PM

My knee’s do this on their own. I’ve had this problem my whole life and it’s happened probably 10 or so times to both knees over the years. The first time I was like 10 or 11 and I swung a bat in my yard and next thing I know my knee cap is off to the side and the pain was so horrible I thought my leg was broken. Being the first time I had no idea what it was. Awful.

13. faulkn22 says: Oct 5, 2009 7:02 AM

Hey Supermex,
    By that logic, the ’08 Lions could have been 8-8 because they lost over half their games by one score or less.
    Your record speaks for itself. There is nothing else.

14. BBrophy1 says: Oct 5, 2009 9:56 AM

the worst part about a kneecap subluxation is the propensity for reoccurence. I wonder if Stafford had this issue in college and how many times this will affect him in the future.

15. packerssuck says: Oct 5, 2009 10:24 AM

Wasn’t that a horse collar? Maybe I need to be filled in on the interpretation of the rule? Hey, I could be an NFL referee. Don’t they all have different interpretations of the rules?