Brady admits calls last week were fortunate

Tom Brady has been speaking to the media of late from his locker, but went back to a podium on Wednesday out of deference to his number one receiver.

“Randy has had enough of all the people at his locker,” Brady said, “and Randy wins out.”

Brady is used to a crowd being around him; he just doesn’t like them near his knees.  But he admitted Wednesday that some of the calls he received against the Ravens were “fortunate.”

“I think we were on the fortunate end of a few [calls] last week.  Other times, we haven’t been.  In the end, they all probably even out.”

Brady pointed out that he doesn’t make the rules, but he’s happy to ask for a call if it helps his team win a game.

“I want the penalty called. I want 15 yards. I don’t care if they hit
me or not. That’s an advantage for our offense. You just want to make
sure the refs . . . I go hug the refs before the game, and ask about
his kids and stuff like that. I’m trying to get him on our side.”

Hard to blame the guy for trying.

The “controversy” about the calls obscured the fact that Brady played his best game of the season by far against Baltimore.

This week, he gets another tough test against the Broncos, who have allowed the fewest points in the league this season.

Permalink 71 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
71 Responses to “Brady admits calls last week were fortunate”
  1. PFTiswhatitis says: Oct 7, 2009 4:54 PM

Umm once again, Wright was called for hitting Flacco and received a fine while Suggs did not. Time to stop the fricken one sided reporting already. Even Brady says “I think we were on the fortunate end of a few [calls] last week. Other times, we haven’t been. In the end, they all probably even out.” – see the second half of that statement? I don’t think you do.
    “Other times, we haven’t been. In the end, they all probably even out.”

2. homeslice20 says: Oct 7, 2009 4:54 PM

where was the flag when mcnabb got hit late after his td against the panthers. nfl sucks the patriots hard.

3. HarrisonHits says: Oct 7, 2009 4:54 PM

Can’t wait to hear what the Baltimore Whiners have to say about these comments. The tears will keep flowing no doubt.
    Much easier to cry about the refs than man up and admit they could have still won the game if they’d made the plays.

4. ppdoc13 says: Oct 7, 2009 4:58 PM

Big surprise, huh? The NFL watches out for the likes of Brady and Manning. Brady admits it. The NFL doesn’t even fine Ray or Suggs for commenting on it. It was obvious throughout the game. But the real bottom line was that the Ravens left too much out on the field to win the game. If you have to play the Pats at home with their fans and the ref bias, you need to play a perfect or near perfect game. The Ravens did not do that and they lost. Hopefully they learn from the experience and realize how much needs to be put out to pull it off. Meanwhile, I’m ready to see Flacco get the Brady treatment. I watched the game over and on 5 separate occasions Flacco was hit in the chest with the crown of the helmet after the pass was gone out of his hands. By the rules that is a personal foul. If they are going to put dresses on the QB then everyone should be treated the same. Not just Brady, Manning, and Worthlessburger.

5. bearsrule says: Oct 7, 2009 5:01 PM

In this Age of Hysteria and Overreaction, the NFL has fallen in line successfully.

6. Nick says: Oct 7, 2009 5:02 PM

The worst calls weren’t the QB-related ones anyhow. It was the bogus PI on Foxworth when Welker was the one actually interfering, and the incorrect spot on the fake field goal that gave NE 3 points instead of giving BAL the ball b/c of turnover on downs.
    That 3 point swing alone changed the game, as BAL could have kicked a field goal to tie instead of going for it on 4th & 3 and letting Mark Clayton act like Travis Taylor.
    The fact that BAL still could have won the game is irrelevant within the conversation about officiating. No team should have to beat the officials.

7. bspurloc says: Oct 7, 2009 5:08 PM

The calls even out? I’de like to see a bar graph of that.
    The pats are treated like 2 year old girls every game.
    Never mind the game a few weeks back them running down the field and the refs INSTANTLY calling first downs on plays that were visibly not even close to first downs. Granted one had a wrong tv created yellow line but it still was not close enough to not measure it.
    Instead of asking brady some relevant at these interviews they should stick to the questions people want to know.
    1> How did it feel to be thrown 5 yards backwards through the air by Jay Alford?
    2> Why did he watch the Super Bowl from his back?
    3> Undefeated + Cheating = fail?

8. Ralphie says: Oct 7, 2009 5:09 PM

@homeslice20 says:
    October 7, 2009 4:54 PM
    ________________________________________
    Tell Donavan to start huggin’ the refs. Better yet I’m sure he would have got that call if he gave the head linesman a reach-around at half time.

9. hayward giablommi says: Oct 7, 2009 5:11 PM

Let me go out on a limb: if this was Joe Flacco admitting some calls were fortunate, this would not be a story?

10. Ralphie says: Oct 7, 2009 5:12 PM

ppdoc13, you should relax. If Flacco is for real and keeps playing like he has been he’ll get the Brady / Manning treatment soon enough.

11. j4a1 says: Oct 7, 2009 5:12 PM

The NFL is quickly becoming the NBA. The Viking had ZERO penalties last Monday night. ZERO! The kings of the league are the Qb’s. Brady and Favre and the Mannings will all be pampered and taken care of, just as LaBron and Kobe are. And the reputation and integrity of the league will suffer for it.
    It’s all about the money people.

12. MitchAlbom'sEars says: Oct 7, 2009 5:12 PM

“I think we were on the fortunate end of a few [calls] last week. Other times, we haven’t been.”
    Other times ?
    “In the end, they all probably even out.”
    Sure it will.
    These comments make it easier and easier to hate thecity of Boston err Patriots.

13. dhawaldk says: Oct 7, 2009 5:12 PM

This is why I hate the Patriots…their “dynasty” doesn’t deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those of the Steelers, 49ers, and Cowboys. Their “dynasty” began with calls like the tuck rule and all the crap they got away with against the Rams in the Super Bowl, continued on with all the illegal contact vs. the Colts receivers that was the difference in them making it to multiple Super Bowls instead of the Colts. Ofcourse let’s not forget Spygate either and how much that helped them through the years in so many close games. Dynasty? No, more like cheaters…

14. Rex Grossman says: Oct 7, 2009 5:13 PM

If Tom Brady was gazing into my eyes, I’d give him whatever he wants in a heartbeat. You can’t blame the refs on this one. They’re only human.

15. Lee Harvey says: Oct 7, 2009 5:19 PM

Those calls were nothing. Anybody see the Raiders/Texans game? My goodness, that was the worst officiated game I’ve seen in a long time. I’ve begged Florio to watch it and comment, but to no avail.
    JaMarcus Russell got thrown down by his head and the official just stared with the old deer in the headlights look. Disgusting.

16. FLACCOallDAY says: Oct 7, 2009 5:28 PM

How can people still go after the ravens and the fans for being whiners when the opposing quarterback reinforces what everyone is thinking? Shut up and be objective about the situation. Yes, the ravens still could and should have won at the end of the game but didnt make the play, but it shouldnt have had to come to that. The Patriots had drives extended that resulted in touchdowns from the questionable penalties, and thats why the Ravens fans are pissed

17. Holeinone09 says: Oct 7, 2009 5:29 PM

ppdoc13 says:
    October 7, 2009 4:58 PM
    “By the rules that is a personal foul. If they are going to put dresses on the QB then everyone should be treated the same. Not just Brady, Manning, and Worthlessburger.”
    **************************
    Or, smart guy, go ahead and show us all the last time a roughing the passer penalty was actually called against the team the Steelers were playing and Ben was the QB at the time. Go ahead!
    I watch every Steeler game as a Steeler fan, and I honestly can’t remember the last time either of those things happened. But if you can prove it, please by all means go ahead.
    You = uneducated moron.

18. faaaaaaq says: Oct 7, 2009 5:29 PM

So Brady admits he will try to get a call even when there is no foul. I think he’ll have a hard time pulling that crap anymore. I hope the Jets break his freaking neck the next time they play.

19. Ocelot138 says: Oct 7, 2009 5:35 PM

When the Patriots can’t win a game fairly, the refs give it to them. Must be nice to be one of the NFL’s “chosen teams”.

20. Frank Burns says: Oct 7, 2009 5:35 PM

ppdoc13 says:
    October 7, 2009 4:58 PM
    Big surprise, huh? The NFL watches out for the likes of Brady and Manning. Brady admits it. The NFL doesn’t even fine Ray or Suggs for commenting on it. It was obvious throughout the game. But the real bottom line was that the Ravens left too much out on the field to win the game. If you have to play the Pats at home with their fans and the ref bias, you need to play a perfect or near perfect game. Meanwhile, I’m ready to see Flacco get the Brady treatment. I watched the game over and on 5 separate occasions Flacco was hit in the chest with the crown of the helmet after the pass was gone out of his hands. By the rules that is a personal foul. If they are going to put dresses on the QB then everyone should be treated the same. Not just Brady, Manning, and Worthlessburger.
    ————————————-
    Translation: “wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!”

21. DigBickPlaya says: Oct 7, 2009 5:36 PM

“I want the penalty called. I want 15 yards. I don’t care if they hit me or not. That’s an advantage for our offense. You just want to make sure the refs . . . I go hug the refs before the game, and ask about his kids and stuff like that. I’m trying to get him on our side.”
    Those quotes are eye opening. Here I am thinking that the refs are “servicing” Brady, when it turns out Brady is “servicing” the refs before the game. But you can’t blame him, playing under Belichick I guess you learn to get an advantage no matter what the cost.

22. Harm City Homer says: Oct 7, 2009 5:39 PM

I agree the issue is not with the tick tack touch calls on Brady it was the non calls when Flacco was blasted late, the bad ball spots, the suspect PI on Carr and unheard of 15 yard flag on the HC for calling BS. Just call it the same for both teams, even if it is a tick tack crew or one that does not think holding is a penalty or any hit is late.
    The PI call on Mason for less of a push off than Welker did on Carr is a big problem, and one of dozens of plays that could have changed the outcome of a close game.
    There is no need to protect the officials here or change the subject. No one is taking away the win or loss, but something needs to be done to get better officials working the premium, playoff implication games at the very least.

23. LebronJeremy says: Oct 7, 2009 5:45 PM

I’m honestly surprised at the media attention to the situation. I mean, DeMarcus Ware was held all of the time last year. And never in my life have I seen a player held as much as James Harrison is. Nothing is ever said about it.
    As far as the NFL protecting golden boys…duh! I don’t agree with the penalty on the Brady play, but I actually agree with the call. Suggs was going low for a cheap shot and the film even proves he wasn’t blocked into it.
    So, Baltimore fans will continue whining about a properly enforced, albeit bogus penalty (which went both ways in that game. Remember the roughing the Flacco call?)

24. POSteeler Fan says: Oct 7, 2009 5:57 PM

It’s all OK. The Ravens will just take it out on the squeelers and the rest of the AFC North.

25. Kidekk says: Oct 7, 2009 5:59 PM

If you’ve ever played any sport, competitively, you always want the calls. Especially in big games. That’s just the way it is, and they way it has always been. Just because you don’t see someone openly complaining, doesn’t mean they’re not grabbing the ref at the end of the play and telling him to watch out for something, which is then, miraculously, called the next time even if it doesn’t happen. This type of thing happens in every game, it just doesn’t get the same coverage because everyone cares about the Pats and is watching them. The people that love them, the people that hate ‘em, and the people who like to watch good football.

26. TheWizard says: Oct 7, 2009 6:00 PM

I think all you losers are setting yourselves up for more disappointment.
    I think the Patriots “luck” is going to continue for a few years.
    Fools.

27. TheFoo says: Oct 7, 2009 6:05 PM

It was a good call anyway. Suggs tried, and failed, to take out his knees. And should have been punished. Maybe next time he won’t dive directly at the QBs knees in a shameless, and cheap, attempt to end their season.

28. TBIH says: Oct 7, 2009 6:11 PM

Dear Tom Brady,
    We like what we are seeing on the football field.
    When you retire from the NFL, give us a call.
    Sincerely,
    The Italian Grass Diving, errrr Soccer Team

29. Rick says: Oct 7, 2009 6:14 PM

WOW there sure are alot of mouth breathers who post here. Listen sometimes you get the calls other times you don’t. Every team gets shortchanged at some point they also benefit at another. Now if you don’t like the Patriots that is one thing but to think the league and officials have meetings discussing ways to help certain players or team succeed is just plain retarded. I am sure the Raven’s own sat in that meeting saying yes Roger I don’t mind if you guys give the Patriots preferential treatment. Come on people wise up.

30. Bens Attorney says: Oct 7, 2009 6:24 PM

holeinone09@ Assuming you mean Big Ben (by your poor attempt at humor), why put him in that category? Do you watch Steeler games? If so, then go ahead and name the last time Ben cried to an official on a hit he took to try to get a roughing the passer penalty? Go ahead! And believe me he takes many each game as he scrambles around.
    Great call, that is one thing I have never seen Ben do is whine to the refs, and I could not count on my fingers and toes how many times he has been hit in the chest with a helmet, So I agree dont put Big Ben in that category. He, unlike Brady isnt afraid to take a hit.

31. pffffft says: Oct 7, 2009 6:35 PM

“I want the penalty called. I want 15 yards. I don’t care if they hit me or not.”
    Another reason why Brady, Belichick and the Patriots are a sham dynasty. They’ll get what’s coming to them. You need to win with honor, or you get no respect.

32. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 7, 2009 6:37 PM

As a Ravens fan, it is good to see Brady admit the fouls were “fortunate”.
    The NFL does look out for “elite” QB’s (P. Manning. Brady, and Brees). While I do not agree with singling any one QB out of the 32 that start on Sunday, Ravens fans may want to be careful, our own Joe Flacco will soon be (if not already) in that elite category that will get the “Brady/Manning” calls. That would be a good thing. I want Flacco protected!!!!!
    The NFL will do what is best for the bottom line and if they think protecting a QB (in order to keep them on the field week after week) that markets well and that fans love they will do what they want! Give it a little bit and it will benefit the Ravens/Flacco!!!

33. Deb says: Oct 7, 2009 6:37 PM

Hate the Pats. But if Brady said he didn’t want the flag, he’d need his head examined. You think he should have said, “Gee, ref, it wasn’t a bad hit. I’ll take a rain check on that 1st down, but thanks anyway”? Talk about fantasy football.
    Please stop the conspiracy nonsense. Nobody is cheating (not this time anyway–you didn’t see any unauthorized video equipment did you?).
    At the league’s directive, the refs are trying to protect the marquee players: the QBs. The bigger the name, the more notice the refs take. A big name coming back from a yearlong injury = extra special notice.
    Do I like it? No. I like hard-hitting defense. And I like consistency. Different refs apply rules differently. THAT’s what undermines the integrity of the game and that’s what the league needs to address. It’s a training issue, not a favoritism issue.
    The NFL doesn’t set up teams to win or lose. That would be bad business and stupid. The NFL isn’t stupid.
    @Holeinone09 … Thanks. Pearls before swine, but it needed to be said.

34. hayward giapunchmi says: Oct 7, 2009 6:44 PM

Anyone here who is posting just to try and get under the skin of Pats fans, give it up. Don’t waste your time.
    They all seem to have a “cheat gene” of sorts, something that is passed down from generation to generation through years of (in)breeding. Something that doesn’t allow them to feel remorse for having done anything to gain an unfair advantage. The word “unsportsmanlike” is unknown in those parts, even stricken from dictionaries.
    Cheating is a way of life, a necessity even. They can’t help it. That’s just the way they are, the way they were raised.
    Must be something in the water up there.

35. Ron says: Oct 7, 2009 7:02 PM

Correct, poor officiating clearly cost the Ravens the game. After further review, Clayton actually caught the ball.

36. ProfessorEmmitt says: Oct 7, 2009 7:07 PM

“You have to have the personality to match up with the Patriots.”

37. Gordon-Geico-Gekko says: Oct 7, 2009 7:14 PM

Very simple solution, really.
    As long you’re going to draw a flag for “roughing the pansy” just because you touched the delicate little flower, you may as well make it count. Go for the knees. Full bore, late even.
    And why not? Same penalty.
    May as well get your money’s worth.
    Let the crime fit the punishment.

38. CornFlorio says: Oct 7, 2009 7:20 PM

TheWizard says:
    October 7, 2009 6:00 PM
    I think all you losers are setting yourselves up for more disappointment.
    I think the Patriots “luck” is going to continue for a few years.
    Fools.
    _____
    Typical lame WizzTurd comment.
    The ONLY fool here is you, WizzTurd.

39. SFTitan says: Oct 7, 2009 7:24 PM

I’m a Titans fan, so I really don’t like the Ravens, but I have to say that they got robbed with those two roughing the “Brady” calls. Barely touched him and then I lost respect for Brady when he signaled for a penalty flag when he wasn’t even barely touched.
    Patriots just keep cheating to win. Sad.

40. TheWizard says: Oct 7, 2009 7:33 PM

P.S.
    Wanna beat the Pats?
    Score more points

41. steeltownpride says: Oct 7, 2009 7:36 PM

If Brady didnt move his leg out of the way it would have been alot worse . So the penalty was justified .
    Ravens fans stop talking sh!t about the Steelers . You havent beat us yet . So until you do STFU . Dont think you will have much success with us again this season .

42. Bmore Styles says: Oct 7, 2009 8:22 PM

@ PFTiswhatitis:
    Every single Ravens’ fan realizes that even with the bad calls that we could’ve, and should’ve won the game. Nobody said otherwise. But every media outlet, and even the QB who motioned for the flag admits that they were bad calls. Why can’t you accept that?
    And yes they did call the slap to Flacco’s face a roughing the passer, but they didn’t call it when Flacco got rid of the ball and the guy took two big steps and crushed him into Gaither and injuring Jarred for the rest of the game. That was more blatant than any of them.
    I enjoy watching you make a fool of yourself though… Please carry on.

43. davis1281 says: Oct 7, 2009 8:33 PM

bspurloc says:
    October 7, 2009 5:08 PM
    The calls even out? I’de like to see a bar graph of that.
    The pats are treated like 2 year old girls every game.
    2> Why did he watch the Super Bowl from his back?
    3> Undefeated + Cheating = fail?
    Ralphie says:
    October 7, 2009 5:09 PM
    •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
    let it go guy,that game game was over a year ago.
    If your still hanging on to that, that’s just sad

44. tj.52 says: Oct 7, 2009 8:42 PM

bspurloc says: The calls even out? I’de like to see a bar graph of that.
    The pats are treated like 2 year old girls every game.
    ———————————————————
    So a 2 year old girl whooped Ray Lewis and the Ravens asses?
    Sounds about right.

45. CaptainFantastik says: Oct 7, 2009 8:45 PM

What Roger Goodell is doing is manipulating the product on the field to achieve a desired result from a marketing/ratings standpoint. The NFL got to where it is because it let the toughness of the game itself do the talking. Today’s NFL game is so watered down it almost looks nothing like the game it was in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. Suggs is right (for once), just give Brandy a red jersey and get it over with already.
    And make no mistake, the rule changes Goodell has implemented have nothing to do with player safety and everything to do with keeping marketable commodities on the field. You can bet your ass that if it had been Daunte Culpepper, Kerry Collins, or David Garrard who’s knee was shredded last year there would have been no rule changes.
    And if Big Ben got even 1/100th the preferential treatment Brandy does there would be at least 5 RTP calls every game for the Steelers offense to work with. No such luck. Ben takes numerous shots to the head and knees every single game and not a single flag ever gets thrown. That’s a stone cold fact.

46. PypersRealm says: Oct 7, 2009 8:46 PM

The officiating crew in the Pats/Ravens game has led the league in both total penalties and roughing the passer calls in each of the three years. Just like in MLB where pitchers must know and adjust to the strike zone of the umpire, NFL coaches and players need to adjust to the way the officials call the games. The officials called some soft calls on both teams. The Patriots adjusted, the Ravens did not.
    I’ve reviewed that Suggs play over and over and it could have gone both ways. The thing is, he actually dove at Brady’s knees. Brady was fortunate that he was able to get himself out of the way. I’m don’t know what Suggs was thinking but it didn’t appear his intentions were honorable. In any case, based on the officiating crew calling the game and the calls that had been made all game long, he should have known better.
    Ultimately in the end, the Ravens had a chance and they simply dropped the ball. They didn’t deserve to win that game. End of story.
    Confuscious says only losers make excuses. Man up Baltimore. It’s time to take off those dresses and put on some slacks.
    );p

47. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 7, 2009 8:46 PM

Steeletown….havent beat you yet??? What planet do you live on????

48. Claybourne says: Oct 7, 2009 8:51 PM

>>>So I agree dont put Big Ben in that category. He, unlike Brady isnt afraid to take a hit

49. Deb says: Oct 7, 2009 8:54 PM

@Ravenmaniac …
    He lives on the planet where the Ravens didn’t beat the Steelers in three tries last season and where they haven’t played the Steelers yet this season, so of course, they haven’t beaten the Steelers. What planet do you live on?

50. SteelTown_6 says: Oct 7, 2009 8:56 PM

“TheWizard says:
    October 7, 2009 7:33 PM
    P.S.
    Wanna beat the Pats?
    Outbid Kraft for the refs”
    / fixed

51. brian91388 says: Oct 7, 2009 9:39 PM

I don’t like commenting on these things because A. Most of you guys are biased idiots and B. It is pointless to argue with biased idiots.
    However, I felt I needed to in this case. Do you all realize that the league changed the rules after 2004 to help the offenses because the Colts complained about the Patriots? They thought the PATRIOTS DEFENSE had an unfair advantage and they needed to adjust the rules to a more offensive oriented league. After this was put into the rulebook, Belichick adjusted accordinly, adding more dangerous WR weapons as the league became more and more pass friendly. You all come off as sounding like little bitchy school girls. The league has favored quarterbacks since day 1, I don’t understand why you all act like each and every Patriot coach and player stole your girlfriend and took your lunch money. Grow up.

52. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 7, 2009 9:41 PM

Deb..I thought maybe he lived on the planet that he would remember the stillers getting crushed by the Ravens 2 games in 2006……Love you…

53. hayward giablommi says: Oct 7, 2009 10:15 PM

SteelTown_6 says:
    P.S.
    Wanna beat the Pats?
    Outbid Kraft for the refs”
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Did I really just see a Steelers fan make a comment about favorable officiating?
    Pot, this is kettle, I believe you’ve met before?

54. Jimmy V says: Oct 7, 2009 10:23 PM

I’ve watched EVERY colts game for years now…and quite frankly a lot of you guys are morons that are posting. There are hardly ever calls against roughing the passer on Manning. You guys just hate him because he’s a lot better than your quarterbacks….nor does he whine to the refs like Rivers or Brady.

55. ocgunslinger says: Oct 7, 2009 10:33 PM

brian91388…..you are right on. Most of these people commenting probably don’t realize you win not only by completing big plays on the field but by knowing the rules and how to utilize that knowledge. Patriots, Colts and Pittsburgh are teams that can win because they play both physical and mentally competitive games.

56. Deb says: Oct 7, 2009 11:08 PM

@Ravenmaniac …
    Just trying to keep it current :-)

57. Richm2256 says: Oct 7, 2009 11:15 PM

“nor does he whine to the refs like Rivers or Brady”
    Holy sh!t, did I really just read that????
    Peyton Manning???? Not whining to the refs????
    Oh my God, I just pissed my pants laughing at what an idiot you must be!
    Whiny, pouty Peyton Manning; that’s a good one boy! A super talented QB, no doubt, but one of the whiniest bitches to ever strap on a helmet in this league!
    Damn, you had me going there for a minute, I thought you were SERIOUS!!!!!!

58. TheBigOldDog says: Oct 7, 2009 11:45 PM

America has become a land of pussies and sore-losers who blame everyone but themselves when they fail. When the the likes of Ray Lewis resort to crying in the press rather than maning-up and admitting his own failings, you know things have changed permanently. Sad to see. This was once a truly great country.

59. Jimmy V says: Oct 8, 2009 12:22 AM

Richm2256….very serious. Manning gets upset with himself….he doesn’t whine to the ref. Again…you must have a jealousy issue….your quarterback must not be that great. The only calls Manning gets in his favor are when he lures defenses into having 12 men on the field. If you weren’t such an idiot, you’d see that.

60. air jordan shoes says: Oct 8, 2009 4:56 AM

hi

62. davis1281 says: Oct 8, 2009 5:18 AM

PypersRealm says:
    October 7, 2009 8:46 PM
    );p
    ……………………………………………………………….
    This is perfect, everyone needs to read the first
    paragraph of this over and over, well done!

63. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 8, 2009 6:56 AM

Deb….I agree. Current is not last year…it is now. The Ravens and Flacco are a different team…now

64. NFLMMAfan says: Oct 8, 2009 8:39 AM

Pats opponents should just break his F’king leg in the first quarter and take the 15 yard penalty and maybe have a player ejected. Its to the advantage to the oppnent to do so.
    Sorry Tom, those are the rules the rest of the league will learn to play by.

65. ravens ravens says: Oct 8, 2009 9:21 AM

We all understand that call or fortunate calls both ways and they even out… but what bothers me the most is Ravens coach gets unsportsmen like. and know Brady admitted that he asked for penalty when there is no actual penality…. guess who is unsportsmenlike….
    I guess Bardy should stop wearing those dresses and put the slacks on and play football or stay home and bake….

66. albialbi says: Oct 8, 2009 10:09 AM

It is obvious the leage wants Brady and the Patsis on the superbowl again..but the refs have to try even harder now since the Pats suck this year

67. Deb says: Oct 8, 2009 10:33 AM

@Ravenmaniac …
    We’ve wandered off topic. Some guy said the Ravens haven’t beaten the Steelers, you asked what planet he was from, and I said the one where they haven’t played yet. That’s not a knock on the Ravens–it’s just a fact. Be patient. If it’s meant to be, you’ll get your chance to gloat. BTW, the Ravens were a great team last year. Just not quite great enough …

68. footballnut says: Oct 8, 2009 12:26 PM

The funniest of all of these comments are basically the perennial losing teams’ fans crying: ‘Whhhhaaaahhh, the refs suck the Pats balls, the Steelers have them in their back pockets, blah blah blah blah…’
    Look at the RTP calls and you’ll see the Pats are second overall for getting this called AGAINST them. Do some research before crying about how the Steelers and Pats are always favored by the refs. And you people call Brady a pussy…
    The refs want Brady and the Pats to win so bad that they called a RTP call against Wilfork for tackling the QB at the thighs and on A. Thomas for finishing the tackle as Edwards kept trying to free himself…yep, they certainly just favor the Pats.
    Who was the D lineman that landed on McNabb for a late hit? Was he from the Pats? Nope…What about Mike Wright from the Pats getting a fine for the same call Ngata received on Brady, but Ngata did not get the fine? Yep, only for the Pats the league is…
    Calls come and go and it’s part of the game and they wash out…

69. davis1281 says: Oct 8, 2009 1:52 PM

albialbi says:
    It is obvious the albialbileage wants Brady and the Patsis on the superbowl again..but the refs have to try even harder now since the Pats suck this year
    *******************************************
    @ albialbi
    The only thing thats obvious is that you are a dumbass!
    They suck this year???
    There 3-1 and ranked in the top 10 in total D and O
    Again another dumbass

70. myfistyourface says: Oct 8, 2009 11:20 PM

Keep crying babies.
    Brady is a destroyer football buddha.
    Does Brady whine like Ray? or cry like Suggs?
    Does Brady complain about not getting paid?
    Does Brady wear flashy girl jewelry like Suggs?
    Does Brady try and cover up a gun fight and murder like Ray?
    He goes out and does his job no questions asked.
    Brady defines what a player should be like.
    Authentic. Real. Time tested. Honest.
    Time and time again he wins games.
    Anyone that questions Brady is probably jobless, fat and definitely not getting laid like Brady.

71. urworstnitemare says: Oct 9, 2009 8:39 AM

Brady, go home and let your mamma change your diaper. You crying Bi**h.
    That team is pathetic, they have been cheating for years and think there is nothing wrong with these antics. Its win no matter what they have to do.
    Football is also about sportsmanship. in which this team and their patheic coach knows nothing about.