Cuss fest coming on Monday night in Miami

It’ll be nearly impossible for Monday night’s Jets-Dolphins game to come close to matching the drama generated by the Packers-Vikings non-revenge revenge session.

But we’ll at least give Miami linebacker Channing Crowder credit for trying.

Specifically, Crowder says that, on Monday night, there’ll be a whole lot of cussin’ goin’ on.

“Every time [Jets running back Leon Washington] sees me, he starts cussing,” Crowder said, per Manish Mehta of the Newark Star-Ledger.  “I see him and I start cussing.  It’s going to be like that the whole game.”

(Sounds like an eye-talian family reunion to me.)

Crowder also tossed Sanchez into the mix.

“Sanchez is probably the only person I haven’t cussed out, because he’s a rookie,” Crowder added.  “He’ll get cussed out this week. . . .  It’s a rivalry.  They don’t like us.  We don’t like them.”

Here’s a tip for Washington and Sanchez.  It’s OK to cuss out Crowder.

Just don’t call him a douche bag.

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
22 Responses to “Cuss fest coming on Monday night in Miami”
  1. KILLER FIN says: Oct 8, 2009 3:26 PM

Crowder just has to shut up & play for once!!! perform first then you can talk the big talk!!! Then next year you can go play for the patsies!!!

2. TheDPR says: Oct 8, 2009 3:28 PM

Interesting that with all the success New England has had in that division that the Jests are the most hated by both Miami and Buffalo (and by NE, too, for that matter). Tells you something about the personality of that team.

3. SmackMyVickUp says: Oct 8, 2009 3:28 PM

Wasn’t Packer Brandon Chillar #54 given a personal foul for standing over AP and taunting him?
    15 yard penalty for taunting?
    I swore I was watching college for a minute until Gruden continued confessing his man love for Favre.

4. goto11 says: Oct 8, 2009 3:32 PM

You wrote a post about swearing on a Monday Night game without invoking Jon Gruden? Careful restraint or oversight?

5. overkil2 says: Oct 8, 2009 3:37 PM

If he would STFU for a bit and try to cover a TE, we may be 3-1.
    Biggest waste of a contract signing last season.

6. Citizen Strange says: Oct 8, 2009 3:37 PM

My advice to Mark Sanchez is just to say what I say anytime I hear anybody cuss:
    “In the future I will kindly thank you to save your gutter talk for your ‘street’ friends.”

7. NASHDOG says: Oct 8, 2009 3:39 PM

point of procedure….does calling someone a douche bag technically constitute cussing them??

8. longrodvanhungendong says: Oct 8, 2009 3:39 PM

Does Crowder realize the only reason the media puts a mic in his face is because he always says something stupid and looks really stupid while saying it! Not cause he is a great LB. If Rogaine is not gonna work on that beard Channing, please shave….

9. BrownsTown says: Oct 8, 2009 3:40 PM

“I couldn’t find London on a map if they didn’t have the names of the countries. I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is. I know Italy looks like a boot. I learned that. I know London Fletcher. We did a football camp together. So I know him. That’s the closest thing I know to London. He’s black, so I’m sure he’s not from London. I’m sure that’s a coincidental name.”

10. nohio says: Oct 8, 2009 4:12 PM

@BrownsTown
    Dude, WTF are you talking about. You sound like someone on “cooked crack”

11. JetGreeeen says: Oct 8, 2009 4:23 PM

“Jests are the most hated by both Miami and Buffalo (and by NE, too, for that matter). ”
    I like that……..the team that is most hated is usually the team to beat!!!
    JetGreeeen

12. HATERADE says: Oct 8, 2009 4:25 PM

i guess they’ll (miami delphinas) will be doing a lot of swearing like a bunch of whining babies when they get their asses handed to em in a loss!

13. BrownsTown says: Oct 8, 2009 4:34 PM

nohio,
    I’ll bet if you entered just a few words of that post into a Google search, you would have your answer.

14. CesarM says: Oct 8, 2009 5:08 PM

who are you quoting brownstown

15. texasPHINSfan says: Oct 8, 2009 5:12 PM

brownstown – that was a joke, crowder says a lot of sarcastic things. he was a national scholar in high school, FYI. if you can’t laugh at that comment, you probably have no sense of humor.
    i wish he could play as well as he runs his mouth though.
    TheDPR – the rivalry between the jets and dolphins goes deep for sure!
    i hate the jets more than any other team in the league.

16. KILLER FIN says: Oct 8, 2009 5:37 PM

texasPHINSfan: Amen brother!!! I too hate the jets a little more than the patsies or bills!!! If Crowder played like he ran his mouth he might be good!!! too bad he’s not like Thomas, those days are gone!!! GO FINS!!!

17. Foreverdolpfan says: Oct 8, 2009 5:53 PM

All of you Jets fans…Come Monday night, under the lights, the true story will certainly be told. There is no doubt that the Dolphins (based on our run offense and run defense) should be above .500 in wins. We’ve played some tough games against some tough opponents but if truth be told, we were not whipped nor handled by these opponents, we were whipped and tortured by ourselves. This game against the Jets is a must win for the Dolphins and the electricity that will be generating through the atmosphere inside the Land Shark stadium will be too much for the jets to bear. There will be no mistakes transpiring on the Dolphins part and all mistakes that the Jets make will be fully taken advantage of by the Miami Dolphins (points, points and more points). All I can say is once the game has been completed, every Dolphin fan will feel a whole lot better than all of you Jets fans. LET THE GAME BEGIN…..ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. GiorgioMustica says: Oct 8, 2009 6:01 PM

As an Italian, I completely agree with your comment….I literally LOL’ed at that, as my family is the same way…..touche for once Florio….tho I still wish Crowder goes to your house and beats you up….that would be even funnier!

19. bills9951 says: Oct 8, 2009 6:36 PM

@texasphinsfan….you need to re-read the quote then “I swear to God. I don’t know what nothing is.” what part of that makes you think he wasn’t being serious???

20. Richm2256 says: Oct 8, 2009 6:52 PM

JetGreeeen says:
    I like that……..the team that is most hated is usually the team to beat!!!
    Um, yeah, sure. Hope that gets you through the season, Bub.

21. dakotah says: Oct 8, 2009 7:36 PM

Crowder needs to STFU, beat the crap out of Florio and play. And beat the crap out of Florio again.

22. JIM says: Oct 8, 2009 7:51 PM

Funny..dolphin fan about the crowd..doesn’t he realize that half the stadium will be chanting J E T S silly guy he shoul get a brain