Harvin misses practice

Vikings receiver Percy Harvin missed practice Wednesday with what’s believed to be a shoulder injury that he suffered against the Rams.

Harvin didn’t miss any action in last week’s game, but he had the shoulder looked at briefly on the sidelines.

The rookie first-round pick has come as advertised as an explosive all-purpose player.  He’s second in the league in kick return average and has chipped in with 233 receiving yards with two touchdown receptions.

The Vikings would love to have him active Sunday, of course, so that he can take advantage of a vulnerable Ravens secondary

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “Harvin misses practice”
  1. Chickenfoot says: Oct 14, 2009 3:46 PM

Cue the idiots with the pot references or what have you’s.
    It’s so predictable.
    He’s being held out with a minor injury. Just like Hutch last week.
    Total non-story.

2. JAYO MOFO says: Oct 14, 2009 4:08 PM

YOUR MOM IS A NON-STORY

3. Tundrastruck says: Oct 14, 2009 4:09 PM

It is a total actual-story because Harvin continues to show he is fragile…frequently misses practice, and is pretty much a puss.

4. GBISFULLOFFATTIES says: Oct 14, 2009 4:15 PM

LOUD NOISES!!!

5. vikes backer says: Oct 14, 2009 4:58 PM

tundrastruck, any NFL team would give a lot for a puss like harvin! He has done a lot for the vikings, are we a favre basher to? CAN ANYONE SAY 6 AND 0!

6. pkrlvr says: Oct 14, 2009 5:22 PM

Tundrastruck, at least Percy makes the games. Will Blackmon’s out for another season. There’s your puss.

7. sand0 says: Oct 14, 2009 5:27 PM

Harvin is a beast. Watch him with the ball in his hands. One second he’s long striding as fast as the fastest in the league. Next second he’s chugging away like a little ball of fury.
    Seriously, this kid will have a few AP caliber highlights by the time the season is over. Best believe that.

8. PervyHarvin says: Oct 14, 2009 5:34 PM

Tundraduck – Don’t be hating on the Vikings because Chilly knows how to draft great players like Harvin. Ted Thompson must put names in a hat and picks one player at random. “Let me see, its ….B.J. Raji !!! ” There were some good O linemen available but he was too dumb to figure that out.

9. Tundrastruck says: Oct 14, 2009 5:54 PM

My post had nothing to do with the Packers, but like typical believers in the Purple Myth, they jumped on the obvious fact that I am Packers fan because of my user name. How brilliant! As for Will Blackmon being a puss, yeah a torn up knee really makes him a puss…and it makes you a douchebag. As for Favre, I don’t hate or bash Favre, I am glad he is happy and that Green Bay has the better quarterback. If you disagree then go ahead and underline my assertion that you are a douchebag….you douchebag!!

10. Beer Cheese Soup says: Oct 14, 2009 6:31 PM

PervyHarvin says:
    ___________________________________
    Ain’t that the truth! He never understood that you have to already be good before you can go with the best player available (not that Harrell was that either). He love to ignore glaring needs. I hope to god this is his last year.

11. JimmySmith says: Oct 14, 2009 6:33 PM

Me thinks PFT just mentions the Vikings to increase web traffic. As an example, just go through the various newspapers and count the number of players who missed practice, all for a variety of reasons, its an average of 3 or 4 per team.
    So why even mention Percy? ( a perfect name for a football player who is forced to wear purple) Just because he missed a couple of other practices prior? (or couldn’t fly up to Mpls because he forgot his bong back at home)
    I agree, its a total non story.

12. Viking Kong says: Oct 14, 2009 6:39 PM

Favre 1
    Packers 0

13. purple hay-seuss says: Oct 14, 2009 6:40 PM

Love it! One little blurb about Harvin and the Packer Faithful (for now) are biting each other’s ankles about the GB front office! SWEET! I agree on Raji. Too early now, but won’t it be a cascade of armpit farts from the Bowling Alley Bars if Raji becomes a rookie bust, like Mandarich was. Ooooh, the anticipation! The vaunted 3-4, under Capers was going to have us all aquiver, eh? The Geezer picked it apart.
    Well, that nasty 3-4 better make apple butter out of Detroit AND Cleveland, or the armpit farts will start much sooner and the natives will march on the GB HQ with brat forks and flaming marshmallows held high. Especially after a bye week.
    Speaking of Favre, I believe he’s as comfortable as anyone in the NFL playing in Lambeau. I don’t believe for a second that he’ll be intimidated there. I’m not a numbers guy, but it makes some sense that he’s played more games there than anyone on the GB team, in all weather. But that’s three weeks ahead. Too far to be getting snotty about it.
    I like Minny’s odds against Baltimore. Two very similar teams, really, except for QB. Oh, and RB. And I guess D line is a strength for the Vikes, and Linebackers are ALL studs. ‘Toine still brings it on every play, and Tyrell Johnson laid some hurt on a few Rams last week. I’m confident in the Defense.

14. Tundrastruck says: Oct 14, 2009 7:38 PM

It’s goddamned hilarious how douchebag shithead Vikings fans come out of the woodwork when they are doing well, yet they can’t sell out a GODDAMNED HOME PLAYOFF GAME??? And you want to take a swipe at the Green Bay fans? No wonder the Metrodome smells like vinegar.

15. PervyHarvin says: Oct 14, 2009 8:00 PM

“No wonder the Metrodome smells like vinegar” – No,it’s piss. Get it right chudsucker. Hey,I hate the dome too. Need a new stadium.Think Ted can get us one?? ..Oh,my bad,he can’t get anything for anyone.
    You know,I hope Ted does go.Hope you get a strong team.I’m a Viking first but also support the NFC North. I want to see it be elite. Have great,competitive games. Let the East,West and South eat crap. Get it to when you are the North champs,you are the NFC king.
    @purple hay-seuss – Not worried about the Ravens one bit. 6-0

16. purple hay-seuss says: Oct 14, 2009 8:12 PM

Tundra,
    I like the woodwork. I don’t live there, though. Another old favorite saw, eh? If all you have to throw is your fans’ loyalty, your team has problems. From what I’m reading here and elsewhere, Packer Nation is pretty damn mad at their own front office for some sort of secret malfeasance and collusion with Ted Thompson, with Moobs McCarthy (wish I’d thought of that one) driving, to crash the hallowed Packers’ 2009 season. One guy, a lifelong Pack fan, he admitted, even wrote that HE could play O line better than the guys in the lineup, and he hadn’t played since high school. Really. I’d like to introduce you to Jared Allen. He’ll be the one joining you with the concrete under the turf this afternoon, sir.
    I enjoy taking nice swipes at Packers fans, yes. And I do it without swearing much or using adolescent slang. It’s cool. Or insulting the very facilities that are used for the games. I’ve never been to Lambeau, but I hear it’s a cathedral for the Packer Faithful. How much did you pay for your season ticket? Are you in line to buy one? Packer Nation usually die and bequeath such family heirlooms as Packers Seats, no matter the cost. Good for you. I don’t have tickets.
    I don’t know what Lambeau smells like, nor do I know the current odor inside the Hump. You’re the first to identify the smell, though. Thanks. I’m sure there is a remedy for it.
    It’s easy to talk with authority about what has already happened and give a mighty roar about your convictions. But you didn’t really say anything other than to drop your verbal pants. GB better damn sure beat Detroit by 30 and Cleveland by 28, buddy, or you’ll have less and less to upchuck at Vikings fans. Anything less than absolute dominance by GB and I predict the Packer Nation will charge the Packers HQ with brat forks and flaming marshmallows. Be at the back of the mob. The cops hit the front people first.

17. Topher says: Oct 14, 2009 8:23 PM

Percy Harvin missed practice. Of course he missed practice. Its what he does.

18. Beer Cheese Soup says: Oct 14, 2009 8:30 PM

PervyHarvin says:
    ___________________________________
    Hey, great idea! You should try that! I can see it now: Favre re-re-re-retires, TT finally gets his walking papers after this year, and the Vikings decide to take their tradition of signing all our castoffs to a new level by hiring him.
    A week later, Hutchison, McKinney, Allen and Winfield are released, all to be replaced by rookie 4th and 5th round picks that he traded down to get.. It would set the team back ten years.

19. Tundrastruck says: Oct 14, 2009 9:03 PM

You won’t get a new stadium because the Minneapolis area, as large as it is, still fails to deliver when it counts. Fans won’t fill the seats, those rumblings you hear are the trucks loading up and moving your forever non-achieving team to Los Angeles. Your team has never won anything and it never will. As for the NFC North champs, yeah, Minnesota did alot with that one last year shitting the bed AT HOME against the Cardinals….way to go there. You can talk Super Bowl all you want, it won’t happen. Hang your hat on the ex-Packer who wasn’t and ISN’T good enough to start for the Packers, leading the Vikings to an early-seaon victory over his former team. Good for you. It’s hilarious how fans like yourself talk about the Vikings as perrenial contenders when you have one division title in recent memory…not much before that for a long time but the purple koolaid tends to make things larger than they are….just like the current QB in Minnesota…can’t wait to see the messy end to that one.

20. Chickenfoot says: Oct 14, 2009 9:23 PM

Tundra:
    What I think is really funny is you don’t show your face until nearly 2 full weeks has gone by after the Vikes beat the Pack.
    Also, you are assuming that since we are Vikings fans, we all live close to the twin cities..
    The guys who are giving you crap, we have been here all year.
    You have been told before WITH FACTS AND WEB LINKS, why this team isn’t moving.
    The Vikings do have a consecutive sell out streak, dating to about 12 years out.
    Don’t let something stupid like facts get in your way.
    I’m pretty sure you don’t know the future, These are your hopes that your spewing your guts about. I think your head would explode if favre led them to the bowl.
    Great, your QB is better, the rest of the team bites fresh ass.
    By the way Jackass…they smoked the cards in the REGULAR season. They lost to the Eagles.
    Tjack was a deer in the headlights….Favre is better. SO, I will call you a douchebag—-Douche bag.
    ==================================
    Chickenfoot says:
    October 14, 2009 3:46 PM
    Cue the idiots with the pot references or what have you’s.
    It’s so predictable.
    He’s being held out with a minor injury. Just like Hutch last week.
    Total non-story.
    —————————————-
    JimmySmith:
    ==================================
    what can you say about an idiot like this but, it’s expected.
    You are like a book Jimmy, laughingstock to not only Vikings fan, but everyone on this site.
    That you continue to post, speaks to your total lack of dignity and intelligence.
    You think for how bad you get ripped on, youd be ashamed to show back up.
    Absolute dumbest poster ever, congrats asshat.
    Jayo:
    Really? Idiot. I’m not going to even rip you, because you’re either 12, or at that mental capacity.

21. CutlerISaPussy says: Oct 14, 2009 9:26 PM

Hey BeerCheeseCrap- You must have another day off with all the posting you are doing again today! Oh yeah, it is called unemployment……HAHAHAHAHAHA. I haven’t even looked at any other stories (b/c unlike losers like yourself, I am just catching up on Viking news), but am sure you are all over the other posts adding stimulating insight!!!
    I swear, you definitely are substantiating my point that you must have NO LIFE but to to come to PFT and work on your NFL analyst skills. How much do you make at this job by the way?? But Tundrastruck is certainly a close second to you. Keep up the good work losers, forward march!

22. PervyHarvin says: Oct 14, 2009 9:38 PM

@ BeerCheeseSoup- Nice try there but Teds not allowed here. Williamson our last garbage purchased, don’t want to pile on with Teddy!
    Tundrastruck- Keep taking your empty shots at all things Mn Vikings. Dream on Dahmer,we are going NOWHERE! L.A. will not have us. I hope the Pack can win a couple for ya Tundra. Then the maiming of small WI forest animals, neighborhood arson, and tom peepery can end where you live for it is very obvious that you are a scarred victim of Viking victory and Packer failure.

23. texasPHINSfan says: Oct 15, 2009 3:59 PM

i’m not a vikes fan, and even i know percy misses a lot of practices with various ailments.
    but he continues to perform on the field.
    so, basically, who cares? until his performance on the field slips or he starts missing game time, you can’t point fingers at his injuries.

24. footballrulz says: Oct 15, 2009 6:37 PM

Damn, I can’t believe I was off yesterday and missed all this fun