Jared Allen responds to Michael Oher

After Sunday’s game between the Vikings and Ravens, Baltimore rookie tackle Michael Oher had some surprising words regarding a certain mullet-headed, crazy-ass, calf-roping defensive end named Jared Allen.

There is nothing really special about him,” Oher said.  “I think he found out I’m an OK player.  Guy makes like $100 million.   I think I did all right.”

Allen responded during Monday’s After Party on FOXSports.com, with Jay Glazer.

“Well that’s just some idiot trying to talk himself up,” Allen said.  “I beat that dude like a red-headed stepchild, let’s be honest.  If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day?  Ask him that.

“That’s just a rookie trying to build his self-confidence up.  Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter.  That guy [Oher] will watch film today and realize.  Everybody else in the world saw me abuse him.”

It’s a damn shame the Ravens and Vikings won’t play each other again until 2013, unless the two teams get to the Super Bowl.  At the same time.

Permalink 98 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
98 Responses to “Jared Allen responds to Michael Oher”
  1. Storm says: Oct 19, 2009 2:46 PM

Allen just proved what I thought all along. NO CLASS!
    What a jerk.

2. owumd says: Oct 19, 2009 2:46 PM

Michael Oher outplayed him. The Vikings defense is a fraud. Lucky for them, so is the Ravens defense.

3. rodg12 says: Oct 19, 2009 2:48 PM

Good call, Jared. You played a heck of a game. I mean, you never rushed up field too far allowing a huge TD run or anything like that did you? Oh wait, you did. Might want to check the tape on that today too…

4. WetHog says: Oct 19, 2009 2:49 PM

Well Jared Allen the defense you play on choked in the 4th quarter and almost cost your team the game. If you were so dominate over Oher why didn’t you single handed end prevent the Ravens from coming back?
    Oh and nice mullet…

5. section128drunk says: Oct 19, 2009 2:50 PM

why would Oher want to incite a maniac like that? does he plan on having a short career?

6. jonissupercool says: Oct 19, 2009 2:50 PM

hahaha is there anyone funnier than jared allen? the guy is strictly business in the front and a whole lot of party in the back.

7. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 19, 2009 2:52 PM

Wow! What an idiot.
    Besides, you lost and your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter…..Nah,,nah..nah…nah!! I know you are but what am I…….what a first grader!!!
    JA forgot to mention…your quarterback spent his whole day on the back of his head until the fourth quarter….when he rose up and made our defense look like we had our hands in our pants and your OL took me out of the game….

8. Bee_Arthur says: Oct 19, 2009 2:53 PM

Beating the Ravens if generally the best feeling of winning against any team. All they do is talk shit before and after the games – especially when they get beat. The Jets are doing the same too thing because its all a bunch of old shit talking Ravens. Makes me glad when they get shit rocked by the Bills.

9. DonTerrelli says: Oct 19, 2009 2:53 PM

Until I read this, I thought Michael Oher was a respectful and classy guy. Now, he’s just another Raven.

10. jj jones says: Oct 19, 2009 2:54 PM

“Allen responded during Monday’s After Party on FOXSports.com, with Jay Glazer.
    “Well that’s just some idiot trying to talk himself up,” Allen said. “I beat that dude like a red-headed stepchild, let’s be honest. If he was so good why did they have to chip me all day? Ask him that. ”
    Jared Allen is a clown.
    And probably not the first time that he has been at an After Party.

11. jliskiew says: Oct 19, 2009 2:54 PM

The truth is, as always, somewhere in between. but in the film room today, as Allen suggested, Oher will not be judged my the number of sacks credited to Allen’s name, but by the hurries, pressures, hits, tackles, missed assignments, and penalties.
    Oher did well for a rookie, but he was beaten soundly on probably around 10 occasions.

12. Wiscdave says: Oct 19, 2009 2:54 PM

If your source was the Strib, you neglected to report two important points. First, Allen was complimentary of Oher after the game on Sunday. He only went off after he learned about Oher’s post-game comments. Second, Oher has been building a reputation as a trash-talker.

13. SmackMyVickUp says: Oct 19, 2009 2:54 PM

Allen still daydreaming about the Packers game I assume.

14. Colinito says: Oct 19, 2009 2:55 PM

Oher did well, but Allen is right. They had extra guys on him a lot, and Allen still had a sack, tons of pressure, and got his hand on the ball while it was in Flacco’s hand at one point. Flacco was lucky he was able to fling that one forward.
    I love Allen. Him and AD make Vikings games tons of fun to watch.

15. Bob Loblaw says: Oct 19, 2009 2:56 PM

Yes Oher, with some help, did “hold” Allen to just one sack.
    But Jared was contantly pressuring the QB all game. And he was a replay overturned call from another sack and forced fumble for a Vikings TD.
    So if Oher thinks holding Allen to one sack, four tackles behind the line of scrimmage, and about 10 more hits on his QB was doing his job, then John Beck better get up to speed wih the Ravens offense because Joe Flacco won’t last 16 games with that kind of punishment.

16. Supersuckers says: Oct 19, 2009 2:58 PM

Class class class!

17. lebowski says: Oct 19, 2009 2:58 PM

Is there any doubt Allen is heading straight to the WWE when done with football?

18. sim448 says: Oct 19, 2009 2:59 PM

way to take it in stride, dickhead. jared allen may be a great player, but he is obviously a dick. people get mad at brady for not taking an interview, yet people run their mouths like this and it is ignored. ever see the movie idiocracy? i think we are really becoming this…”but it has electrolytes!!”

19. b2thap says: Oct 19, 2009 3:00 PM

What a joke. Jared Allen is a good player but a total dickhead. Michael Oher said what he said because Jared Allen was talking shit to him the entire game while getting stonewalled by a freakin rookie. Did anybody notice Allen get blocked by TODD HEAP 1 on 1 right out of his stance on Ray Rice’s go ahead touchdown?

20. superfan99 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:02 PM

Why is Allen the jerk? Oher called him out.

21. bearsrule says: Oct 19, 2009 3:04 PM

Jared Allen gives dumbass rednecks a bad name.

22. Gordon Tremeshko says: Oct 19, 2009 3:05 PM

Oher is just giddy because his Lifetime movie of the week is about to be released. Soon he’ll “make like $100 million” and, with luck, he’ll finally be able to overcome the demons that haunt him from his days as a homeless child.

23. 4+28=2SB says: Oct 19, 2009 3:06 PM

I wish Jared Allen showed some off-the-field class, humility, and professionalism to match his on-field talent. Why does he always let the media goad him into such idiotic comments?

24. ErinRodgers says: Oct 19, 2009 3:07 PM

Before I comment on Jared…To Bob Nelson, Simple Simon and all the other inbred, alcoholic semi tards who were raised on chicken farms congratulations on your amazing 3-2 record and your impressive victory over the roaring Lions. Who is Drew Stanton? Good luck against good teams when you can’t even beat the Bengals at home?? You domestic abusing, barely literate, yodeling glutton clowns from nowhere. Now getting back to Jared he was double teamed and triple teamed for most of the game, and Oher was doing more holding than Rachel Maddow in the mosh pit at a Melissa Etheridge concert in that delusional bubble known as Madison. Food for thought, Dane County is statistically the most homosexual county in the United States. BLOW PACK BLOW!!

25. kibawib says: Oct 19, 2009 3:08 PM

Oher dominated Allen? Really? Let’s look at Mullet Man’s stat line: 7 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, two QB hurries, one sack. If Allen was “dominated” that badly the entire season, he’d average 112 tackles, 65 TFL, 32 QB hurries, with 16 sacks (as it stands now he’s on pace for 20). I guess the Ravens fans are right, Allen stinks….
    If the Ravens had a defensive end as good as Jared Allen, they wouldn’t have given up over 400 yards of offense, including well over 100 yards rushing (for the second week in a row) from AP. That’s why the all-talk Ravens are 3-3 and will be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

26. LighTsouT says: Oct 19, 2009 3:08 PM

Rams fan, just thought I’d clear that up so nobody says I’m a homer.
    Allen raped Oher with no lube for almost the whole game. My guess, Oher woke up this morning walking with a little bit (or more than a little bit) of a limp.

27. The Jimmy says: Oct 19, 2009 3:10 PM

I’m kind of suprised Oher started talking. I was under the impression that he was a classy guy. Maybe I’d expect it from a WR but OL are usually all business. Let other people say how great you are. No need to talk yourself up. What’s wrong with these guys anymore?

28. i'm president charlie! says: Oct 19, 2009 3:11 PM

Let us all wait until the mighty Ray Lewis has spoken about this matter.

29. mattzach2 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:12 PM

It sounds like alot of JEALOUS Viking haters on this site. 6-0, yeah. Too bad your team can’t say that!

30. frox says: Oct 19, 2009 3:13 PM

Oher did a nice job on Allen. I am pretty sure the kid is a keeper and will be playing in the league long after Allen is gone.

31. VikingsFan23 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:13 PM

When it comes to the Ravens, when all is said and done, more is said than done.

32. mixman34 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:14 PM

Nothing like having to listen to dudes pat themselves on the back after a loss… Way to go Oher you lost! Woohoo!!!

33. Babie Hoodie says: Oct 19, 2009 3:15 PM

It’s not a hairstyle, it’s a lifestyle…

34. JRizzle82 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:16 PM

Allen is a ‘roided up cowboy.
    Flacco got sacked 3 times, and so did Farve. I don’t think you can say that Flacco spent the whole day on his back until the 4th Qtr.

35. dave says: Oct 19, 2009 3:16 PM

i’m not a vikings or ravens fan but
    the ravens do only talk massive shit win or lose
    they’re a bunch of douchebags and oher’s the newest of the douchebags
    jared allen is still the funniest guy in the nfl
    but the vikes DO have some problems with that defense, they’re playing like pitt did without troy, they’re very susceptible to the comeback, they have to learn how to finish games better on defense

36. se18a29 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:19 PM

Hahahahahaha to all you troll Viking haters. Allen rules, the Vikes rule.
    6-0 Suck it… Hahahahahaahah

37. Yash says: Oct 19, 2009 3:20 PM

Jarred Allen is the funniest EmmEffer in the NFL. Love his soundbytes every week, love him dressing up like a turkey last year, love his energy, like a kid playing the game he loves. Im sure the hundo mill contract helps too…

38. Gordon Tremeshko says: Oct 19, 2009 3:20 PM

I wonder what upsets Oher more, the fact that the Ravens lost or the fact that Sandra Bullock is playing his foster mom.

39. kazkal says: Oct 19, 2009 3:22 PM

For all the tards bashing Allen
    -Which team would not love to have him?
    -Oher Insulted him as a player,Allen has every reason to respond
    -Yes Allen may have been talking shet on the field that’s part of the game you leave it on the field you dont go crying about it…
    Oher is overrated because they give him so much help look at the bengals vs Ravens…Flacco may have only been sacked 2 times but he never had time to throw so it was all short passes.

40. ErinRodgers says: Oct 19, 2009 3:24 PM

Oher’s just mad because we didn’t pick him and he still doesn’t know which John fathered him.

41. brasho says: Oct 19, 2009 3:24 PM

You friggin hypocritical babies! Most of you cry and whine when players give reporters the standard responses, “Uh, he played a great game, I got lucky and God blessed me and I was able to ….”. Somebody comes out and speaks their minds and you morons blast him.
    Kudos to Oher AND Allen for not giving the stupid lame answers that most players are coaches to do. Kudos to Allen for dominating Oher for 3 quarters and enabling the Vikings to get a big lead.
    And another thing, stats don’t always tell the whole story. If an offense has to devote 2 or 3 guys to block one, then that man has done a great job of disrupting the offense, if that man still gets pressure then even better.I’ve personally played games where I got 2 or more sacks and didn’t play nearly as well as in other games where I barely got close to the QB (because I was being double teamed, the QB constantly rolled away from me, or the QB got rid of the ball way too early and threw some picks).

42. Ravenmaniac says: Oct 19, 2009 3:24 PM

43. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Oct 19, 2009 3:24 PM

kibawib says:
    October 19, 2009 3:08 PM
    ————————-
    Ahem. And the Vikings DO have a defensive end as good as Jared Allen, but they gave up more yardage than the Ravens and a 4.5 yard rushing average.

44. The Rural Juror says: Oct 19, 2009 3:25 PM

THis is being blown out of proportion by Florio.
    Like alsoways, he didi;t put it in context. A reporter asked Oher how he thought he did against the pro-bowl DT.
    How do you want him to respond?
    Allen’s only sack came on a screen play that developed too slowly…It wasn’t because of something Allen did or Oher didn’t do correctly…
    It was like when Favre took a knee for Strahan…

45. PervyHarvin says: Oct 19, 2009 3:25 PM

Haiku by Jared Allen (a Packer favorite) :
    Goat roper was nice
    You had to open your mouth
    Shut the trap rookie

46. Katmanduu says: Oct 19, 2009 3:27 PM

That’s funny. The teams won’t play again until 2013, unless they play in the Super Bowl.
    That’s really funny.
    I can see Minnesota making it, but the Ravens? With their overrated defense, the Unibrow QB, no receivers and an overrated pint-sized RB?
    Child, PLEASE!!
    Try beating Pittsburgh just once.

47. sand0 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:28 PM

Allen complimented Oher after the game because Allen is a class act. It was only after Oher went on record trash talking that Allen set the record straight.
    1 sack, 2 hurries, 4 hits, 4 tackles for loss, 7 tackles total. That is a big stat line for a DE. You put that up every week and you’re in the pro bowl. This was despite Oher getting a lot of help.
    Kid can trash talk all he wants. Truth of the matter is that JA had very respectable stats against the rookie. Maybe Oher was just comparing himself to how Colledge for GB did two weeks prior?

48. mattzach2 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:29 PM

Ravens lost people. Get over it!!

49. CapsLockKey says: Oct 19, 2009 3:32 PM

I hate the Vikings but Jared Allen is friggin great. I wish there were more players like him in the league. Are you not entertained? I am.

50. zygi milf says: Oct 19, 2009 3:34 PM

Jared Allen is pure entertainment.
    To Jrizzle82 – do you seriously think that Allen is on steroids? He has had two DUI’s – and is subject to additional drug testing.
    To the rest of you jealous whiners – you’re just jealous that he’s not on your team. Admit it.

51. swede700 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:39 PM

I love how people call Jared Allen the jerk and the dickhead, when he was the one that was called out. If anyone deserves to be called a jerk and a dickhead, it’s the one that did the calling-out, considering his team lost.

52. FastEddy415 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:42 PM

Flacco almost had 400 yards passing. In my eyes if a QB has that many yards passing it means he was upright a good amount of time to be able to accomplish that.
    Allen is a great player but his antics are yawning and its getting old. Atleast come up with a new sack celebration. Mix it up once an awhile JA.
    It could easily have been a 4-2 Viking squad and really Viking fans from what I’ve seen you pose no threat to the Saints.

53. cowboys1 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:43 PM

Vikings D got bailed out by a missed FG. And all you viking fans need to admit that. And Jared Allen got handled by a rookie, although oher did ruin it a lil by talking smack afterward

54. TheDude13 says: Oct 19, 2009 3:45 PM

Normally I’m not the one to point out sensitivity issues, but as a Bears fan, I have to say Jared Allen is a dbag. Do we forget that Michael Oher actually WAS a stepchild. Obviously it probably won’t haunt Oher that he was “reminded” but that shows a level of class that Jared Allen has yet to attain. I’m not gonna go make jokes that I beat him like a DUI victim. Although, Oher isn’t red-headed, so maybe he was talking about Red Grange, but in reality, I, as well as some Minnesotions I work with dislike the man.
    I will admit though, he’s funny as hell to watch sometimes. Dude’s crazy. Makes Jason Witten running without helmets look normal.

55. cliffcla says: Oct 19, 2009 3:50 PM

Jared Allen was double and triple teamed all day… He still got a sack 7 tackles 4 for a loss….Yada yada yada… Oher did nothing spectacular.. But the thing is neither should be chirping about their proformances… Oher should realize that he did not give his RB’s any creases to break free. He needs to be able to not just keep the QB off his back.. but he also needs to open holes for the running game.

56. CharmCityRavens says: Oct 19, 2009 3:55 PM

Neither guy dominated the other. Oher did a respectable job since he’s a rookie and was moved to a new spot vacated by an injured Gaither. Allen had his moments where his presence was felt, and Oher had a couple of nice moments. Go back and watch the Raven first passing play of the game…rookie Oher leveled Allen. Also, Oher can’t be blamed for the sack allowed to Allen. There was some sort of miscommunication with the play and Oher ran right by Allen in an attempt to set-up a screen play that didn’t develop. That being said Allen is one of the best pass rushers in the game and his stats yesterday were no slouch effort.
    I also think Oher’s comments have been misconstrued. I don’t think he meant to bash Allen…I’m pretty sure he was attempting to say that “hey I did Ok considering I was going up against one of the leagues best.” In regards to the whole comment about Allen being nothing special, I think it was a case of a poor choice in words in an attempt at saying that he treated Allen no different than any other guy that lines up across from him. He didn’t let some $100 million player intimidate him.
    Watching people bicker back and forth on this site is kind of embarrassing. Nothing sadder than watching human beings try to one-up one another based on the accomplishments of other grown men who aren’t them. Seriously folks, it’s football. It’s a game. And we’re all sitting in our Laz-E-Boys as spectators…nothing more. Last I checked the country is still at war, lot’s of good folks are unemployed and Americans are wasting their time being keyboard commandos over a friggin’ game. It’s sad and pathetic.

57. Chickenfoot says: Oct 19, 2009 4:04 PM

Adam-Chris Scheftersen says:
    October 19, 2009 3:24 PM
    kibawib says:
    October 19, 2009 3:08 PM
    ————————-
    ==============================
    Ahem: Vikings 33 Ravens 31
    What the hell Pissandmoanerson? You sure have a fixation with yards. Is that because you mow them for a living?
    Seriously, a team could have short field due to turnovers and returns and score 28 points, another team could go up and down the field, but not score. I’m sure you’d say the team with 0 points was better bacause they have more yards, right?
    You are such a f–ktard. You really are getting dumber by the post.
    You really need to get a clue and fast, you are a laughingstock on this site.

58. Lombardi 6 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:09 PM

The red-headed stepchild will be wearing a mullet this week in Pittsburgh…Vikes 6-1….

59. ppdoc13 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:12 PM

I don’t have a problem with Michael Oher saying what he did. I don’t have a problem with JA responding. Michael Oher was pressed into duty as a LT and held his own against one of the best DE’s in the business. He didn’t get dominated. And despite what the Vikings fans say much of the time he was on his own.
    Michael Oher is already a very good tackle and will be so for many years. Jared Allen is one of the most disruptive players in the game. If not for a dumb ass kicker missing a hittable FG it would have been one of the best Ravens comebacks in history and one of the biggest meltdowns in Vikings history. I sure don’t see any of the Vikings fans here talking about how their vaunted defense pissed down its collective leg for the entire 4th quarter.

60. Cindir says: Oct 19, 2009 4:13 PM

Allen is childish, sure, but this is on Oher. Mike, if you really think you held your own on Sunday, you really don’t understand the pro game yet, son. You got help all day, and Allen still had a great day.
    As for the 4th quarter defensive collapse, the Vikings were playing without their starting pro bowl CB and their nickel DB in the 2nd half (announcers didn’t even notice/mention it, WTG dierdorf), which is where the vast majority of Flacco and the Ravens production came from (something like 200 of Flaccos passing yards came in the 4th). Ask Broncos fans; abusing Karl Paymah in coverage is like making out with your cousin; maybe it feels good, but it isn’t exactly braggable.

61. mixman34 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:14 PM

1 sack, seven tackles, four tackles for a loss and two quarterback hurries…
    Dude got beat like a red-headed step child indeed. You Ravens fans just dont get it. 6-0 or 3-3…
    Hmm… I’ll take my 6-0 team regardless, enjoy third place LOSErs!!!

62. Mac-01 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:15 PM

I watched the game. Oher dominated him. His one sack was on a play that Oher didn’t block him, but ran to lead block for a screen pass. Flacco threw for 385 yards, 100 yards more than Favre. Case closed. It must be embarrassing to be man-handled by a rookie.

63. finsbooyah says: Oct 19, 2009 4:17 PM

@sim448…
    Oher did say “Guy makes like $100 million.” So maybe they can be friends after all…
    “you like money? I like money too. We should hang out.”

64. mixman34 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:19 PM

“# Ravenmaniac says: October 19, 2009 3:24 PM
    Lets see what happens Mattsack wen your QB gets further into the season and starts breaking down……”
    HAHAHA I love how tahts all people can say to the vikes….
    Week 1 – “Just wait till..”
    Week 2 – “Just wait till..”
    Week 3 – “Just wait till..”
    Week 4 – “Just wait till..”
    Week 5 – “Just wait till..”
    Week 6 – “Just wait till..”
    We’re 6-0… just wait tll we’re 16-0.
    What kind of fans of football base their whole smack talking theory on “just wait till your dude gets hurt” Seriously think about it. Thats what all you losers need to win games against the Vikes is?! Hoping and praying dudes get hurt? Gow bout you sign some better players first off….

65. Bob Loblaw says: Oct 19, 2009 4:28 PM

How many people are commenting on something they did not see? People assuming that just because Flacco was only sacked three times and threw for 380+ yards, he was well protected.
    If you watched the game, the pocket collapsed around him all game, and he paid for many of the yards with a big hit that followed as soon as he relased the ball.
    And kudos to Flacco. He showed toughness that I admire from a QB. But just because Flacco had a great game doen’t mean Oher had a good game. He didn’t. Jared Allen whipped him at the line of scrimmage play after play.

66. cowboys1 says: Oct 19, 2009 4:29 PM

i saw the whole game also and dont understand how you viking fans say allen was double and triple teamed. when? you guys just cant admit he got handled. good win tho, we’ll see what happens when favre poops out, im saying maybe week 12 you’ll see the 10 yard shovel pass that almost always gets picked off

67. Chickenfoot says: Oct 19, 2009 4:31 PM

Mac-01 says:
    October 19, 2009 4:15 PM
    ================================
    Not as embarassing as amking an asinine post such as this.
    Don’t know what game you watched, but it sure wasn’t the Vikings Ravens game.
    By the way, since you missed it, the Ravens lost 33-31.

68. Bee_Arthur says: Oct 19, 2009 4:35 PM

@Cindir
    You couldn’t be more correct about abusing Karl Paymah. Old ass Derrick Mason and stone hands Mark Clayton had him looking like a fool the entire game. Winfield would have been able to take away about half of Mason’s catches + stuff the run.

69. CanadianVikingFan says: Oct 19, 2009 4:39 PM

lol this kid Oher seems to think that highly tooted Defensive Ends should have 3 sack games ever time they play. He may have done a good job at keeping Jared Allen at bay during times in the game but that doesn’t mean you call the guy out saying he’s not good.
    That’s classless right there. I don’t think Jared should of responded the way he did either, that’s just as immature.
    Anway Jared Allen did during the game beat 3 man blocking. He was getting hits on Joe Flacco. He also plays 110% and constantly headed towards the ball. Remember the Vikings playoff lost last year? When Westbrook took that screen to the house. One of if not The closest Viking to him at the end of the play was none other than Jared Allen.
    If anyone deserves to be called out its Ray Edwards. He never gets double teamed yet he comes away with a cheap sack every 5 games or so. They need a new left end.

70. Bmore Styles says: Oct 19, 2009 4:41 PM

The announcers seemed to agree with Oher, they were saying it the whole game. It’s his 6 game in the league and he’s playing only his 2nd week at left tackle!!! um, Beast.
    Oher said he thinks he did, “OK.” Wow, how dare he??!?!! Just talking himself up. What a diva!! Oher did effin amazing considering the circumstances, and i used to have respect for Allen, but he just comes off as really stupid now, what a hick.
    How did Flacco kick your D’s arses, and outplay Favre if he was on his back the whole game, Stupid???

71. steamindemonsemens says: Oct 19, 2009 4:41 PM

Jared Allen is hilarious. Oher started talking smack so Jared just put the guy in his place!

72. PervyHarvin says: Oct 19, 2009 4:44 PM

CharmCityRavens says:
    “Watching people bicker back and forth on this site is kind of embarrassing”
    ————————————————–
    What the hell is is going to happen on a site like this?? Fans of 32 teams supposed to stroke each other with “good job” and “You guys might win too Dave?” It’s sports. Fans talk smack. Will never change. Maybe this not for you??
    @ Mac-01 – Hope you never have to serve on a jury. You can’t see the whole picture obviously. what the hell were you watching??
    You know what,it’s a grown mans sport. Who says they shouldn’t talk? Thank God for some animated athletes. Many of the best and most famous athletes have talked a lot and backed it up. Flacco is about as animated as driftwood. Maybe Oher will spark up the huddle.

73. Chickenfoot says: Oct 19, 2009 4:48 PM

cowboys,
    It’s called chipping with rb’s and te’s.
    So sorry to see that you don’t understand the game.
    You see, you have to go through more than 1 blocker, it doesn’t have to be another OL……

74. DemocratsAreStupid says: Oct 19, 2009 4:56 PM

How would Jared Allen even remember how he played, he’s usually drunk. Hence the child abuse reference he laid out for us

75. Sasquash says: Oct 19, 2009 4:56 PM

Who cares if someone is classy. To many people say “oh that is classy”, who cares its football. To hell with classy people. This is America one of the least classy places on earth. All you have to do is look at the news every night, and you will see there is no class in this country. We are an arrogant society, so stop acting like you have class. Allen is a stud, and may one day be a hall of famer. Oher is a good looking rookie that was over matched. End of story.

76. jsavage58 says: Oct 19, 2009 5:11 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but I thought Oher ate him up..

77. TeflonDon says: Oct 19, 2009 5:24 PM

The Vikings have the most impressive collection of haters in the NFL; you guys are ridiculous.
    First of all, people like cowboys1 and Mac-01. “I watched the game. Allen got dominated.” To which I will respond, “No, it’s obvious you didn’t.” Allen was buzzing around the backfield all day, and YES, they started bringing 2nd and 3rd guys into the mix to help out. You excuse his sack by saying Oher left to lead a screen? Who cares!? Who draws up an edge screen where the lead tackle doesn’t chip the end? NONE. Oher’s mistake, JA’s legitimate sack.
    And how about we say later for this “lucky to be 6-0″, “should be 4-2″ etc. talk. Good teams win close games. Luck is part of football.
    Plus, no one seems to be calling out the fact that we lost the only reliable member of our secondary, our defensive MVP, right away in the 2nd quarter. Winfield had to watch from the sidelines as Flacco took advantage of Karl Paymah and Benny Sapp for the rest of the game. Who? Exactly.
    “Should be, could be…” Pipe down. 6-0.

78. Skeety says: Oct 19, 2009 5:24 PM

Oher is a bum, he should know better than to say bs like that…
    But we all know why he was saying it, he wants Jared Allen to tear the steelers apart to rescue the ravens season…

79. The Rural Juror says: Oct 19, 2009 5:36 PM

I thought Allen had his worst game of the season yesterday.
    Allen got He might have handled Oher, but Todd “I’m always gimpy” Heap didn’t need any help sealing him off on that Ray Rice touchdown run where he highstepped for about 10 yards…

80. 4G63 says: Oct 19, 2009 5:46 PM

Oher did just fine….and so did Allen. Getting chip blocked is fine and part of the game. I don’t recall him being double teamed but I do recall The Stormin Mormon aka Todd Heap standing Allen up on Rice’s long TD run….stood up by a TE?

81. cowboys1 says: Oct 19, 2009 5:46 PM

chickenfoot
    of course I know what chipping is, but watch the game, oher was on him by himself most of the game, in fact, one of the times allen pressured flacco, another raven chipped allen into the open lane away from oher. just admit he got handled and then sounded dumb in his response acting as if he dominated all day.

82. FutbolAmericano says: Oct 19, 2009 5:50 PM

The funny thing is that I thought that the Raven’s defense was supposed to be good. It doesn’t make sense to judge just one player but it should be judged collectively. The Vikings o-line is far superior to the Raven’s o-line. The Vikings D-line is far superior to the Raven’s D-line. The only reason Flacco could put up so many yards against our defense is because our starting corner and nickleback were injured. I think every Raven’s fan has been taking lessons from Ray Lewis and bitching after the game instead of making plays during it. The Vikings did their best to give you this game and you still choked. But go ahead and cling to the notion that your LT “Dominated” one of our 4 pro bowlers on defense because it isn’t going to change the outcome.
    And before we go around calling people classless and drunks why don’t you go hang out with your golden boy Ray Lewis after a Superbowl party. Have fun getting stabbed and killed.

83. sven_ftw says: Oct 19, 2009 5:51 PM

flacco was smacked around like a pinata. jared’s name was called plenty. anyone who claims otherwise flat out didn’t watch the game. jared made his presence felt.
    oher stood tall for a rookie(who got help). hat’s off to flacco for proving that he is the real deal…
    just glad my vikes got away with one they would’ve lost had stover been on the roster.

84. cowboys1 says: Oct 19, 2009 6:06 PM

CharmCityRavens
    what do you think this site is for. its for talking shit about each others teams. as much as you can.
    these are the kinds of exercises that help for a minute to get away from the fact that there is war going on and unemployment is on the rise.
    ….and its just fun to talk shit

85. Tundrastruck says: Oct 19, 2009 6:34 PM

mixman34….if the Vikings go 16-0, I will pay off your mortgage….or, if you have a mortgage on your mom’s basement, I will pay it off…wait, they don’t have basements in trailer parks.
    Nobody is saying the Vikings aren’t playing good, but outside of Green Bay, every team MN has beaten is .500 or below…outside of GB and Baltimore, the best team MN has beaten is Cleveland….yeah, they are on a roll.
    Jared Allen is a hugely talented player completely devoid of class…need proof, check the THREE-TIME arrestee for DUI…he is a slimeball of the highest degree. I think it’s funny how MN fans talk about how Green Bay fans would love to have Jared Allen on the team, well I personally don’t want somebody on my favorite team who would put the lives of strangers at risk not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES because he thinks it’s no big deal to drink and drive, or that he is above the law. Classless douchebag and I would gladly give $500 bucks to charity for the opportunity to tell Jared Allen to his face what an assclown he is for those arrests and his complete lack of class. Nobody said he wasn’t talented, but the same could be said for Pacman Jones, Ron Artest and Latrell Sprewell…and Rush Limbaugh has no place in the NFL? Give me a break.

86. 4G63 says: Oct 19, 2009 6:50 PM

[I]Katmanduu says:
    That’s really funny.
    I can see Minnesota making it, but the Ravens? With their overrated defense, the Unibrow QB, no receivers and an [B]overrated pint-sized RB[/B]?
    Child, PLEASE!!
    Try beating Pittsburgh just once.
    Bee-Arthur is spot on. The Ravens talk shit before and after games, even when they lose. It’s always someone elses fault. That crap team and crap city’s fans get on my nerves. Have fun with your 8-8 season losers![/I]
    Really tool? The running back that leads the league in All-Purpose yards? Get a clue you toothless hilljack!
    The Ravens didn’t talk shit before the Vikes game btw….at least not in the media.

87. mattymatt1313 says: Oct 19, 2009 7:09 PM

Why on God’s green Earth would you provoke Allen? Oher is an idiot like his unibrow quarterback Flacco.

88. Hovenaut says: Oct 19, 2009 7:21 PM

It’s all about the mullet people.

89. J_Dean says: Oct 19, 2009 7:22 PM

Hey – 4G63 & Bee-Arthur
    Shittburgh is getting “healthy” by winning against the same damn teams the Ravens did! Give me a break you lack of creative thought idiots.
    8-8? Give me a break. It’s evident that your brain is void of any intelligent thoughts.
    Jared Allen is over hyped… Too many good players out there to worry about that ass.
    Flacco used and abused the so called monster D that we’ve been hearing about. Minus one missed kick and Jared Allen is crying in the corner like the little baby that he is…

90. ARBoost says: Oct 19, 2009 7:22 PM

He only had one sack, and it was a blown play. and did anyone else see that huge hole rice had for that TD?

91. TeflonDon says: Oct 19, 2009 7:29 PM

@Tundrastruck:
    Saying Cleveland is better than the 49ers and Lions, while also being ignorant of the fact that San Francisco was (and is) above .500: -10 credibility points.
    Putting Jared Allen in the same class as guys who willfully and aggressively attacked other human beings: -10 logic points
    Although, I guess you’re right. I’d much rather have guys who get violent with women (Barnett) or smuggle drugs (Jolly) than that “classless douchebag” Jared Allen.
    Again, Vikings haters wear some powerful blinders.

92. osprey30 says: Oct 19, 2009 7:52 PM

I belive that I saw JA put Flacco on the back of his head after being triple teamed by Oher, Heap, and McLain. If thats not domination I don’t know what is!!

93. Bmore Styles says: Oct 19, 2009 8:01 PM

I love Pittsburgh fans standing tall after a close game with the Lions, and a poor performance at home against the Browns. Gotta love ‘em.
    Yeah our “unibrow quarterback” is putting up big numbers against quality defenses, and our “overrated” running back is leading the league in all purpose yards and is arguably the most versatile weapon in the league. Sooo overrated.
    We know you don’t really believe what you write.

94. frox says: Oct 19, 2009 10:54 PM

Now that we have found the real Kenny Powers (Jared Allen), this begs the question. Who is the real Ashley Shaffer? Reg Mackworthy?

95. Chickenfoot says: Oct 19, 2009 11:40 PM

Pitt 4-2
    Balt. 3-3 , 3 game losing streak = STFU! in my book…….

96. frox says: Oct 20, 2009 9:58 AM

What book is that? The Season Only Lasts 6 Weeks Book? Truth is, if the Ravens and Steelers don’t get their acts together, neither of them will be standing at the end of the season. Remember, the Ravens slaughtered the Browns just like the Steelers did. No one is impressed. Beat the Vikings this week (or any team with a winning record for that matter) and then talk. Until then, the Steelers are mediocre like the rest of the division.

97. Chickenfoot says: Oct 20, 2009 10:33 AM

Not a Steeler fan
    I’m a Vikings fan. But these Ravens fans are sure talking alot of shit for being on a 3 game losing streak.
    They were talking it before the Vikes game too.
    I don’t care how they lost to us, they lost!!
    You sound like Packer fans talking shit coming off their 6-10 season……and they still are at 3-2.
    Futile fans one and all.

98. Supersuckers says: Oct 20, 2009 11:03 AM

Denver had a off year last year. No way they will be good this year.