Samari Rolle sounds likely to retire

The Ravens were hoping cornerback Samari Rolle could return to the team when they placed him on the physically unable to perform list following neck surgery.

In recent days, it’s become clear that Rolle’s chances of playing in 2009 are between slim and none, no matter how many big pass plays Baltimore’s suddenly soft secondary is giving up.

Rolle admits that his career is likely over.

“I’m going to sit down with my family and listen to what my doctors
have to say,” said Rolle this week.  “I’ve had two neck
surgeries and at my age, unless they show me something scientifically
that says I can’t hurt myself again, then I’m done.”

Rolle, who is currently wearing a neck brace as part of his rehabilitation from surgery, says he’ll get away from the game for 6-12 months and then decide what he’s going to do.

Rolle rejenuvated his career when he joined the Ravens in 2005 after seven years with the Titans.  He was first-team All-Pro in 2000.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Injuries, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Samari Rolle sounds likely to retire”
  1. Citizen Strange says: Oct 22, 2009 6:37 PM

Samari Rolle = Some type of sushi?

2. ravensos says: Oct 22, 2009 7:09 PM

i wish frank walker would retire

3. chitown26 says: Oct 22, 2009 7:31 PM

But…but he’s still good in Madden!

4. ppdoc13 says: Oct 22, 2009 8:58 PM

this guy knew he wasn’t going to play this year. he basically stole his money like the scumbags in the congress steal our taxes.

5. The Rural Juror says: Oct 22, 2009 9:24 PM

We could used you Samari, but don’t risk it! Get healthy and enjoy retirement!

6. Storm says: Oct 22, 2009 11:02 PM

Damn good player and a good man. Wishing you the best Samari, you have to do what is best for you.

7. tx_tuff says: Oct 23, 2009 2:37 AM

You guys taking smack about this guy are real tools. First and this isn’t well know but the guy has Epilepsy, was having seizures for two years while playing in the NFL before he knew what was really going on. He didn’t quite because of that but fought it and got it under control and still played in the NFL. Now he has had 2 neck surgeries and thanks its time to retire, and he gets comments like that. This guy is a hero to my 9 year old step son who has Epilepsy, good thing he isn’t as immature as y’all.