Boldin questionable after limited practice

Anquan Boldin’s weekly spin on the NFL injury report has landed on questionable after he returned to a limited practice Friday.

Boldin is suffering from an ankle injury, but his ability to get some work in Friday is a good sign.  If Boldin plays, it will continue a remarkable run of health for the Cardinals franchise that has helped key its turnaround over the last two years.

For the Giants, tackle Kareem McKenzie is expected to play despite being listed as questionable with a groin injury.  There are a number of players listed as probable, including running back Ahmad Bradshaw, who returned to practice Friday.

The Cardinals-Giants game will be an interesting test for Arizona’s top-ranked rush defense and New York’s somewhat diminished running game.  The Cardinals also figure to look hard at last week’s Saints tape to see how New Orleans’ similar timing passing offense spread the Giants out and took advantage of its secondary.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, New York Giants, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Boldin questionable after limited practice”
  1. Banvard316 says: Oct 23, 2009 6:43 PM

Wow, thats a shocker!

2. LighTsouT says: Oct 23, 2009 7:18 PM

“The Giants are favored by seven in the game, but it wouldn’t stun me if the Cardinals come away with the victory. Florio disagrees.”
    I agree with Florio.

3. danlinker says: Oct 23, 2009 8:09 PM

What a bash by florio. I read it, and I really don’t think he’s wrong about the score or outcome. I am a cards fan but a realist as well. Giants at home after losing to the Saints. Who would want their team to go in there this week. And on national TV!. I’m hoping for a cards win, but it will be VERY tough to get.
    Problem is, florio can’t leave it at that. He mentions a whipping the cards got out of last year by not facing the giants. Last year (not necessesarily this year) when it counted most at the end, cards were red hot. They may have had a shot at the giants last year. Certainly would not have gotten “whipped”

4. east96street says: Oct 23, 2009 11:19 PM

danlinker says: “They may have had a shot at the giants last year. ”
    For a Cards fan, you either have a very short memory or you never actually watch the games. Florio was referring to the fact that the Giants played Arizona last year, in Arizona, and won the game 37-29. You may remember that last year Arizona was horrible on the road against any team NOT in the NFC West and if the Cards and the Giants met in playoffs the game would have been in the Meadowlands. Arizona’s record in cold weather games last year was especially abysmal losing by double digits against Philly and New England. We, obviously, will never know what would have happened, but nothing the Cards did last year gave any indication that they could win in an open air stadium in January up north. That said, I think Arizona can and will be competitive Sunday. It’s supposed to be a sunny day and the night is not expected to be very cold or windy.

5. MO says: Oct 23, 2009 11:55 PM

NY Giants 28
    Arizona Cardinals 20
    Book that, Florio.

6. Eddie Drycleaner says: Oct 24, 2009 12:12 AM

Ahh, I see the “Florio hates the Cardinals” band has already warmed up! Florio apprently hates The Cards, The rest of the NFL, all criminals and good guys in the NFL, and football in general.
    On a more relevant note, of course Q is going to play. I have a dirty feeling(not that kind, Florio, stop fantasizing!) Q kind of doesn’t want to practice as a protest to the organization for the contract.
    Q is a great man, and I hope it’s not true. But, one can not help but wonder if it is. I, for one, am not even sure it is the wrong stance for him to take if it is.
    PAY THAT MAN!

7. Jaydub says: Oct 24, 2009 7:16 AM

A lot of people are calling for the Cards to get blown out, but even for me, being a Giants fan, I don’t see it. The Giants are VERY banged up in their secondary, and the Saints, who have no one that compares to Fitz and Boldin, took heavy advantage of that fact.
    This one has all the makings of a shootout IMO