PFTV looks at Sanchez's struggles

This year, few teams have collapsed as quickly as the Jets.

And few hot players have cooled off faster than Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.

For more on the situation, here’s a little Friday morning PFTV.

Permalink 25 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
25 Responses to “PFTV looks at Sanchez's struggles”
  1. mike says: Oct 23, 2009 8:43 AM

Did Sanchez stomp on the “terrible towel”?

2. bearsrule says: Oct 23, 2009 8:45 AM

This year, few teams have collapsed as quickly as the Jets.
    C’mon Mike, you work for NBC, not ESPN. Enough with over the top hyperbole. I don’t care about the Jets or Sanchez, but it’s only week six and they are still .500. If they wer 3-6, I could see it. It’s way to early to be talking of collapses, unless you’re an ESPN talking nitwit.

3. DirtySanchez says: Oct 23, 2009 8:46 AM

Do they make snuggies in gang green? I hate the cold…

4. ballhawk1 says: Oct 23, 2009 8:51 AM

When a coach runs his mouth it puts a target on the teams back. Not wht easier way to upset a teams rhythm, but to attack the rookie qb. Rex needs to shut up speak with his players and let them play…and let the play do the talking. Because right now his running off at the mouth has done nothing more than put Sanchez on the spot against defenses willing to blitz a lot to shut Ryan up. Let your play do the talking for you, not the excess grease from the 14th cheeseburger you ate for lunch!

5. Hap says: Oct 23, 2009 9:30 AM

Raise your hand if you thought that he would continue his “hot streak”. He started how many years at USuCk ? And a year alter he’s starting in The National Football League . Please. Overhyped. Overpaid. I’m not going to say underacheiving because he isn’t.

6. jamaicamecrazy says: Oct 23, 2009 9:56 AM

Mike, your video segment about Sanchez hit the nail on the head.
    Isn’t it ironic the the Miami Dolphins have 3 Quaterbacks that are used to playing in cold weather but for the most part play in warm weather, while the Jets spent $50 million dollars on a Quaterback that is used to playing in warm weather, but now has to play most games in cold weather.

7. RIP__21 says: Oct 23, 2009 10:01 AM

Hap you are correct. He started a total of 13 games in college; then makes the big leap to the pros. Carroll warned him not to make the jump; bet you he wishes he listened now. 8.3 passer rating last week vs bills…lol bum!

8. PervyHarvin says: Oct 23, 2009 10:31 AM

Living in the artic winters of Minnesota I can tell you this. I am married to a Mexican lady and ice fish all winter. I couldn’t pay any of her family enough to go spend a day on the ice with me,they HATE the cold. Sanchez may be a very bad choice to play outdoors for the Jets. Just saying’

9. Krow says: Oct 23, 2009 10:33 AM

To be fair… the Jets didn’t hype this guy, it was the media. They annointed him as a first-ballot HOFer… not the team.

10. encinitasraider says: Oct 23, 2009 10:39 AM

I hope you guys are joking about the weather and Sanchez performance….

11. SmackMyVickUp says: Oct 23, 2009 10:44 AM

Sanchez is on the last 35 seconds.

12. Scrip Club Lover says: Oct 23, 2009 10:56 AM

The Jets aren’t struggling, they are playing to their talent level, which is 8-8. The media built these phonys up to be a SB contender way too early.
    Sanchez will be a good quarterback, down the road.

13. FootballFanatik says: Oct 23, 2009 11:02 AM

encinitasraider, I certainly hope they are joking, also. The hype and pressure are dying down, and I am waiting for him to shine. The Jets didn’t use stunt doubles in the first three games, and Sanchez did a helluva great job. He has it in him.

14. Watson11101 says: Oct 23, 2009 11:15 AM

You can pretty much sum it up in one word. ROOKIE.!! The End.

15. Colbert Report says: Oct 23, 2009 11:24 AM

B-U-S-T. BUST BUST BUST

16. Citizen Strange says: Oct 23, 2009 11:25 AM

Mark Sanchez is a poor man’s Matt Leinart.

17. SF Saints Fan says: Oct 23, 2009 11:41 AM

I am not by any means a Jets fan, but I think it is a little early to bury Sanchez and say that he can’t play in the cold. Is that why the Jets lost to the Saints in the Superdome or why the Jets lost to Miami, in Miami, the following week?
    I recall that the media thought that Eli Manning would be a terrible QB playing in New York because he played in Mississippi in college. How has that worked out? The guy is a great NFL QB and, in my opinion, Eli is a top eight QB in the NFL.
    Sanchez is a rookie who had very little college experience. He may turn out to be a good NFL QB, or he may not. But it is a little to early to anoint the guy as a future Pro Bowler and a little to early to say he is a bust.
    Last time I checked, the weather is the same for both QB’s. Sanchez will have to learn how to play in the cold, and more importantly the wind, in Giants Stadium and the new stadium next year. One of the best cold weather QB’s of the last couple of decades is from Kiln, Mississippi and played at Southern Mississippi after all. Sanchez “may” be fine or he “may” suck, but it is way to early to tell either way.

18. shamalamadingdong says: Oct 23, 2009 11:45 AM

Patriots fan here. Much as I hate to say it, I think it’s a little early to call the kid a bust. He is definately going to have to make the adjustment to football in the Northeast. Got nothing to with genetics, just something he’s not used to playing in. No offense Jets fan, but I do hope he is a bust. However his mechanics and intangibles tell me that’s probably not going to happen….unfortunatly……

19. texasPHINSfan says: Oct 23, 2009 11:59 AM

the jets wouldn’t be getting nearly this much flack for their record or 3-game loss streak if rex ryan wasn’t always running his mouth.

20. Hovenaut says: Oct 23, 2009 12:01 PM

Look for Sanchez to stay near Ryan while the defense is on the field.
    Hear (literally) that Rex has a pretty nasty built-in hand warmer……..

21. mwcarolina says: Oct 23, 2009 12:17 PM

Mark Sanchez is a poor man’s Matt Leinart
    Disagree, Sanchez has proven he can lead a team and throw, Leinart hasnt, Sanchez is a rookie and is prone to bad games, Leinart last year wasnt a rookie, had two great receivers and still didnt play great, give Sanchez time and he will be good, not great, but good.

22. raider love says: Oct 23, 2009 12:32 PM

PervyHarvin wrote:
    =============================
    Ya Pervy, all latinos live in either SoCal, AZ or TX b/c they hate the cold. You’re an idiot. Just saying

23. BigJimSlade says: Oct 23, 2009 12:34 PM

“…the Jets didn’t hype this guy, it was the media. They annointed him as a first-ballot HOFer… not the team.”
    Right, that’s why his own coach calls him “Sanchize”.

24. PervyHarvin says: Oct 23, 2009 1:31 PM

@ raider love – You are right. Didn’t mean to stereotype. Latinos are very prominent in Colorado. Just can’t find any snow skiing. Just sayin’ What next,Im prejudice?

25. 1nationraidernation says: Oct 24, 2009 11:51 AM

should I be like 80% of the morons on this site.
    “He is the biggest bust since Ryan Leaf”