Braylon Edwards charged with assault

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards was charged with misdemeanor assault today in connection with an incident outside a Cleveland nightclub, the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting.

The charges stem from an accusation that Edwards punched a friend of Cleveland Cavaliers star LeBron James. The incident took place shortly before Edwards was traded to the Jets from the Cleveland Browns.

The Plain Dealer reports that Edwards faces a sentence of up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if he’s convicted of misdemeanor convicted.

Edwards had 10 catches for 139 yards in four games with the Browns. He
has nine catches for 118 yards in three games with the Jets.

Permalink 19 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
19 Responses to “Braylon Edwards charged with assault”
  1. Watson11101 says: Oct 26, 2009 4:58 PM

“You Reap what you Sow”!!!!

2. cincybkat says: Oct 26, 2009 5:07 PM

Im sure the charges will get DROPPED.

3. phailing101 says: Oct 26, 2009 5:11 PM

LeBron really out did himself with this going away gift for Edwards.

4. moral-authority says: Oct 26, 2009 5:15 PM

Lyndon Baynes Johnson has major pull in Cleveland! LBJ lives!!!!!

5. Twiz says: Oct 26, 2009 5:16 PM

convicted of misdemeanor convicted?
    Ummmmmm one other point…..you need to fix the “days without an arrest” counter……he was charged, not arrested. I would think even a former lawyer would know the difference!

6. st.michael says: Oct 26, 2009 5:28 PM

Braylon…
    J-A-I-L…..Jail, Jail, Jail!
    NY Jets Superbowl bid…
    F-A-I-L…..Fail, Fail, Fail.

7. mistakebythelake says: Oct 26, 2009 5:28 PM

Thats what you get for being a douchebag.
    Edwards had 343 drops with the Cleveland Browns, so far he has 5 with the Jets…more to follow, lots more.

8. Resolution says: Oct 26, 2009 5:29 PM

I would love it if he comes out with a public statement about the fine: “Wait, a G? thats it? no problem, I get 5 times that for wearing the wrong shoes to work”

9. Sasquash says: Oct 26, 2009 5:38 PM

Why be jealous of L.James? I get it, the whole city loves him and they hate you. It makes sense for Edwards to be jealous, I mean if L.James can’t win in todays watered downed, overrated NBA then why should they love him more then Braylon? I get it Braylon, L.James is overrated and you should have gotten some love. The sad truth to all this is the poor Cleveland fan who just wants to win, may never win again. Keep the faith, your do. Just look at Philly, got a shot at back to back rings. No one ever thought that could happen.

10. GoBears84 says: Oct 26, 2009 5:43 PM

if his boy Stallworth did 21 days for dui manslaughter….i wonder what he will get for misdameanor assault. 6 hours?

11. HazWasteDude says: Oct 26, 2009 5:57 PM

I wish I made millions of dollars thats exactly what I would be doing with all my money and time, blowing it on clubs and court costs.

12. ben_waballs says: Oct 26, 2009 6:40 PM

I wonder how soon Edwards will be charged with fraud also. We all know that he’s not a wide receiver, he just plays one (sometimes) on national TV.
    He sucks.

13. GoBrowns19 says: Oct 26, 2009 6:47 PM

Thank god the Cavs start tomorrow. I’m sick of football already.

14. Gautam says: Oct 26, 2009 6:52 PM

he’s just been dropping catches so far, will have to start dropping his pants in jail pretty soon

15. tombrookshire says: Oct 26, 2009 7:05 PM

OK, and, uh, Tom Cable escapes prosecution and league sanctions for breaking a fellow employee’s jaw exactly how? I can’t wait to hear the explanation for this.

16. Patriots51 says: Oct 26, 2009 7:14 PM

well GoBrowns tommorrow night the Cavs are gonna look like the Browns because the Celts are gonna STEAMROLL them!!!!… its pathetic that Braylon was jealous over LBJ… get over it your in NY now playing second fiddle to the yankees and Eli

17. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Oct 26, 2009 7:54 PM

browns receiver,braylon edwards…..receiver????what a misnomer.

18. Gautam says: Oct 26, 2009 8:09 PM

@tombrookshire, somebody needs to corroborate Hanson’s accusation …. somebody probably did that in this particular case

19. bbq says: Oct 26, 2009 8:23 PM

But that was back in Cleveland. He lives in New York now so that doesn’t count anymore.