Favre: "All I ask for is respect"

The buildup to Favre-Packers II is nearly over.

Yes, there will be countless features on the Sunday morning football shows, but I’m not able to watch them because of work. (Sweet!)  The most compelling segment figures to be on NFL Network, where Steve Mariucci got a sit down with his former pupil.  The network has distributed a few quotes, but the most interesting one is from a video clip.

Favre was asked what he expected from the Packers faithful Sunday.

“I really don’t know. I hope . . . I understand we’re the visitor.  And every time we take the field, I don’t expect a standing ovation,” Favre said.

“All I ask for is respect.  What I did there goes without saying.  I’m proud of it.  And you may hate the Vikings or whatever, but just respect what I’ve done over the years.  And once the game starts, play ball.”

I wrote earlier this week that it would be great to hear what Favre really thinks about heading back to Green Bay.  Love, respect, or detest him, the words above seem like a truer reflection of Favre’s feelings than the guarded comments he made during the week.

Permalink 82 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
82 Responses to “Favre: "All I ask for is respect"”
  1. irishgary says: Oct 31, 2009 4:49 PM

What a Primadonna. He doesn’t expect a standing ovation. I hope the hell he gets booed off the field. what a complete diva

2. MrHumble says: Oct 31, 2009 4:50 PM

I wish Favre the respect he has earned and is due but keep in mind, this is Wisconsin……where respect is unheard of and courage is found in the bottom of a beer bottle. The following is a quote from WI newspaper today, “Wis. police will send armored truck with cameras to nuisance calls “, even the police understand that a drunken mind knows no respect.

3. nerd says: Oct 31, 2009 4:52 PM

By “respect,” he means he should be able to dictate to the GM, name the head coach, personnel moves, call plays, dictate offensive philosophy, design uniforms, etc.

4. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 4:53 PM

“All I ask for is respect. “
    Try earning it.
    And no. Being a waffling douche does not earn it.

5. mudd1997 says: Oct 31, 2009 4:55 PM

Now I understand. It’s the Packer’s Fault he jumped teams. All this time I thought the problem was ” He wouldn’t commit”.

6. Fan of Football says: Oct 31, 2009 4:59 PM

“All I ask for is respect. What I did there goes without saying. I’m proud of it. ”
    And it does. But the Packers have moved on, “left the station” as it were, on a one way ticket to mediocrity. You on the other hand have moved on to make winners out of losers. Sucks to be a Packer fan this year, embarrassing may be the better word. It started with yet another silent year from TT in Free agency, to their DT star going to court for drug trafficking, to Ocho Cinco doing the Lambeau Leap, to Favre handing it to the Pack in Minn. And with the false confidence built from the Pack blowing out the two worst teams in the league the last couple weeks, tomorrows loss will hurt all the more for the Ted Thompson fateful.

7. thebootguy says: Oct 31, 2009 5:00 PM

I hope the Pack kick ” Brett and the Favrettes ” all over Lambeau!!!! GO PACKERS!!!!!!

8. ncm42 says: Oct 31, 2009 5:01 PM

HughJass, how about all those wins and TDs? Those don’t earn any respect either, huh? And answering the questions that someone asked makes him a prima donna huh?

9. kayC says: Oct 31, 2009 5:01 PM

I don’t really mind Favre, but his goal ever since he left the Packers was to screw them by playing for Minnesota. Even his Jets stint was just a stepping stone on his path towards the Vikings. Sorry, but that’s showing a pretty big lack of respect for the Packers fans who embraced him for years. You have to give respect to get it.

10. MrHumble says: Oct 31, 2009 5:02 PM

Twist it to fit your twisted minds, it doesn’t matter if he waffled, changed his mind etc. etc., the bottom line is the PACKERS TRADED FAVRE! Get over it Packer fans, aim your hurt and misery at the two who are tearing your team apart, TT and MM.

11. Fan of Football says: Oct 31, 2009 5:05 PM

HughJassPhD says: October 31, 2009 4:53 PM
    “All I ask for is respect. ”
    Try earning it.
    It’s statements like above that contribute to the reasons why most NFL fans in the league consider Packer fans some of the dumbest and undeserving fans in all of sports.

12. jamesz23 says: Oct 31, 2009 5:05 PM

I respect all the things he did for the Packers for all those years. But I don’t respect how he handled the last year and a half. Calling the Lions and Matt Millen deserves everyones respect – that was such a classy move.

13. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 5:07 PM

HughJass, how about all those wins and TDs?
    Ok, I respect his arm.
    The rest of him? Not so much.

14. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 5:10 PM

And answering the questions that someone asked makes him a prima donna huh?
    It’s the way he answered the question that makes him such a twat.

15. Bigbluefan says: Oct 31, 2009 5:10 PM

Lord Favre
    Do we all recall his last pass in GB
    I know I will never ever forget it
    For those of you who do not recall it was in OT in the NFC Championship Game and he tossed it to a NY Giant and that was the end of the Packers year

16. Mactator says: Oct 31, 2009 5:14 PM

This is not an Aretha Franklin song! It’s a football game. Respect is earned MR. WAFFLE!
    I hope you get booed to no end. You deserve no less for the crap you pulled.
    Furthermore, I hope the Packers DO NOT retire his number. It should be given to the mascot!
    Go Pack Go!!!!

17. Elb says: Oct 31, 2009 5:17 PM

Ill give you respect…

18. jamesz23 says: Oct 31, 2009 5:18 PM

Brett turned a 10-6 team last year into winners good 1 FOF.

19. CKL says: Oct 31, 2009 5:21 PM

Favre is a one way street…shocker!!!
    Had he returned in a situation like Montana playing for the Chiefs and going back to SF, he would deserve cheers. Favre engineered all this with his passive aggressive lying BS. Were I a GB fan, I would boo the EFF out of him because he showed ZERO respect for the city or team with what he did.

20. The Wishbone says: Oct 31, 2009 5:23 PM

ncm42, how about all those INTs and lies? Those don’t earn respect at all. Lots of QBs would have more TDs and wins if they had a great D and didn’t get benched for throwing INTs because they were “having fun out there” and “being a gunslinger”.
    Favre has the same amount of rings as Trent Dilfer.

21. packers4life says: Oct 31, 2009 5:23 PM

I would love to hear what his definition of respect is because he sure didn’t have any when he landed with Minnesota.
    “Sucks to be a Packer fan this year”
    It is going to suck even more for Viking fans when Favre chokes them right out of the playoffs just like he did with the Jets and takes 4-5 months in the offseason trying to make a decision about retirement.

22. TheBigOldDog says: Oct 31, 2009 5:28 PM

Ya you cheeseheads respect the narcissist stabbing you in the back! After all, he went through a lot of trouble to get to Minnesota so he could piss all over you people at least twice!

23. PackerBacker1980 says: Oct 31, 2009 5:35 PM

I was the biggest Favre fan back in the day.. Rodgers isn’t the diva like Favre.. the Vikings will choke like they always do.

24. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Oct 31, 2009 5:35 PM

# Fan of Football says: October 31, 2009 5:05 PM
    HughJassPhD says: October 31, 2009 4:53 PM
    “All I ask for is respect. ”
    Try earning it.
    ——————————–
    No. It just makes D-bags like you who worship your Favre blow-up doll look like an idiot. He has nobody to blame but himself.

25. Fan of Football says: Oct 31, 2009 5:38 PM

“Favre got a ring because of Reggie White. Reggie White got a ring in spite of Favre.”
    fail
    Epic actually, because when you think about it Reggie White didn’t get a ring without Favre either. As a matter of fact, despite being in his prime and have a very good team around him, Reggie White could not bring a ring home for Philadelphia. And if you really want to get into the detail, tell me where Reggie was when the “number 1″ Packer defense got walked all over by Terrel Davis in the SB?

26. footballrulz says: Oct 31, 2009 5:40 PM

Pervy
    I’m afraid this one might break the record..

27. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Oct 31, 2009 5:41 PM

“He cares what fans think, he’s usually not afraid to admit, and that’s one reason he’s connected with the NFL fanbase in a way that few others have.”
    ======================================
    This is exactly right.
    Hate him all you want, Packer fan. To the rest of us, it won’t be about you, it’ll be about Favre, as it should.
    To you though, It’s “Favreageddon”.
    Personally, I think he has yet another big game, as he always does when emotions run high.

28. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Oct 31, 2009 5:41 PM

# MrHumble says: October 31, 2009 5:02 PM
    —————–
    You act like it was that simple. He was traded. On the surface that sounds nice and clean. Below the surface he he tried to manipulate, lie and trash the organization with more lies to get his way. His own agent even accidentally even contradicted his lies. The calling of the Lions trying to share secrets the week before they played the Packers and then lying about it to try to save face was when I lost the last shred of respect for him.
    I can’t wait to walk into Lambeau and watch Rodgers mop up the field with Favre and his band of purple panzies. When he’s done, he can declare it his house now, change the locks and kick Brett Fraud out the front door.

29. robb says: Oct 31, 2009 5:44 PM

TO ALL YOU PACKER PRIKS: JUST WATCH WHAT FAVRE DOES TOMORROW, HE WILL EARN “YOUR” RESPECT. IF YOU ALL DON’T RESPECT HIM AFTER TOMORROW, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU ALL…..CAN YOU SAY 34-20 VIKES?

30. SwedishMurderMachine says: Oct 31, 2009 5:46 PM

Say what you want but the Favre has been playing lights out for the Vikings all year and we are going to kick you all over the field AGAIN this Sunday like the bunch of butt hurt babys you are.

31. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 5:47 PM

I like how all the slurping Farve fanboys think anyone who criticizes him is a jilted GB fan.
    Men don’t like him because he’s such a indecisive attention whore. Even my wife thinks he’s a drama queen.
    When his arm finally goes, I bet he’ll be on more reality TV shows than Flava Flav.

32. JimmySmith says: Oct 31, 2009 5:47 PM

It never really dawned on me till I read these comments, he is really an insecure person.
    Well, playing for the Vikings is not going to change that anytime soon. Their lack of championships, their legendary choke performances, all that is only going to make him feel even more inadequate by the end of this season and Childress wearing a dress and playing the fool is going to do nothing to lessen the impact.

33. Scoop says: Oct 31, 2009 5:58 PM

Its amazing to me that these guys expect a type of loyalty that they don’t return. The Jets, I could understand. Telling folks that he really wanted the chance to stick it to the Pack via the Vikes, what do you expect? Who are you really sticking it too– another merc like Ted Thompson or your loyalest and longest suffering fans? Its about the franchise, dude– not the ever changing warm bodies that fill it.
    Besides, Brett– you managed 2 Super Bowl appearances and one ring. If the NFL media was result oriented rather than intoxicated by style of play, you’d belong on the legend meter with, say, Mark Rypien. You don’t even come close to Starr, Staubach, Bradshaw, Montana or Elway. But its the PFWA that drive public opinion, not reality. So you’re apparently an all-time great. Whatever.
    I hope Packer fans make you feel sick. You should reap exactly what you sow. What’s your heart worth, when you left 1,000′s broke in your ego driven wake?

34. PackFaninPackLand says: Oct 31, 2009 6:03 PM

EVERY PACKER FAN in America should read the column by Cliff Christl in this weeks Packers Plus. It will change the way most Favre-haters look at Favre, forever. The article lays out how the Packers organization and former White House spokeman and PR guru Ari Fleischer deliberately spread lies about Favre in June and July of 2008 to better back the position of Ted Thompson and his minions inside 1265 Lombardi Avenue.
    And the Packers Wisconsin beat media (Michael Hunt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jason Wilde (now fired, thank God) of the Wisconsin State Journal, in particular, etc., even those at the Green Bay Press Gazette) were ALL too eager to report the lies, AND run with them.
    Funny how, NOW, after the damage has been done, and after 16 months, some of this stuff is FINALLY starting to trickle out.
    Odd that Florio and the folks at PFT “never” reported THIS STORY on Favre, isn’t it ??? Whyyyyy one would almost think there was an “agenda” here or something !

35. PerryMason says: Oct 31, 2009 6:07 PM

Here you go Packer fans. Get out your beer and hankys.

36. tufar says: Oct 31, 2009 6:08 PM

I am a Vikes fan, and was not too happy about Favre coming to the team. Partly because I cheered against him for years but moreso because he won’t be the long term answer at QB. My confusion is with Packer fans who now dump all over him when for years those same people idolized him as the second coming of Bart Starr. Shouldn’t your vehemence by shown towards Packer management who did not want him any more? Rodgers puts up the stats, but doesn’t he have to go 10-6 just to be .500 in his career? It seems that Favre is still playing really good football, maybe to management he was finished but they may have been wrong. You can predict that he will fail in the end all you want, but that and $1.50 will get you a cuppa Joe, not reality. But I can tell you I’m enjoying the ride, even though I did not like the idea of him in purple. Both teams have a cup-cake schedule with the Pack having more dogs than the Vikings though. I can see this division going down to the wire with one team div. champs and the other a wild card. It will be a noisy one tomorrow, Go Vikes!

37. Beer N Donuts says: Oct 31, 2009 6:15 PM

There are two kinds of fans: those that cheer for the jersey and those that cheer for the name on the back. I have my favorite players on each team, like a lot of NFL fans, but at the end of the day I want my team to win and my team’s rivals to lose.
    I have no animosity towards Brett Favre, nor do I have animosity towards Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy.
    Like many Packer fans, I had a hard time watching Favre play in another uniform. I did not have a hard time, however, bypassing the annual ‘will he or won’t he’ that has become a Favre tradition.
    Personally, I hope the Vikings lose every remaining game (which, of course, they won’t). It isn’t a Favre thing, it’s a Viking thing. Favre going to the Vikings will not make me appreciate his time in Green Bay less, but he’s wearing the wrong uniform, so I won’t cheer for his success either, because his success is the Viking’s success.
    It’s as simple as that.

38. DocBG says: Oct 31, 2009 6:17 PM

# HughJassPhD says: October 31, 2009 4:53 PM
    “All I ask for is respect. ”
    Try earning it.
    And no. Being a waffling douche does not earn it.
    ——————————————————
    Wow, talk about a short memory. If anyone here is the douche bag, its clearly you.
    Sad thing is that morons like this typify the packer fanbase, there are exceptions, but they are rare, this is normal. The guy led you to a SB championship (i believe your first in a LONG time) he brought your franchise out of the wilderness and into the mainstream, but you’re right, he didnt earn any respect now did he?
    To top it all off, the guy was run outta town by that dbag that the rest of the NFC north appreciated, TT and his lapdog of a coach MM, and you clowns look at the guy that has lead your team for 16 seasons and tell him to get bent, the new guy knows best…….right?
    you ungrateful, unappreciative, disrespectful, undeserving morons aren’t worry to hold favres helmet during wrangler commercials. As a lifelong fan of the vikes, its been hard to watch the things he’s done over the years against the vikes, but its never been hard to respect it. have a little decency, maybe put down the moonshine and grow up a bit you tools.
    p.s. no one thinks the guy should get a standing ovation, he is returning on the team of a rival, but to lose all respect for the things he’s done is insane. Boo him as you would any other opposing qb, nothing wrong with that, but don’t forget about the fact that he is a major reason why your team is relevant today.

39. Beer Cheese Soup says: Oct 31, 2009 6:27 PM

He had a lot of respect.. He threw it all away. Now he thinks he’ll get it back just by ASKING for it?
    Not likely.

40. wydok says: Oct 31, 2009 6:28 PM

41. TheBigOldDog says: Oct 31, 2009 6:40 PM

PackFaninPackLand says: October 31, 2009 6:03 PM
    ***
    So, in order to seek revenge, he’s willing to hurt people who loved him most: the fans. The very people who made him famous and wealthy. The people who purchased his merchandise and fought in public for his contracts. The people who defended him for years against all comers. The people who’s whole sporting-life revolved around him. They have a name for people like that. They are called ingrates and he’s example A1.
    I mean, you aren’t dumb enough to think any of the people mentioned in that article are hurt one bit by what Favre has done do you? No. Only the fans are hurt and ultimately, the way he’ll be remembered.

42. ncm42 says: Oct 31, 2009 6:41 PM

Wishbone, I’m not disputing he holds the record for INTs as well. But the whole, “someone else could have thrown all those TDs and had all those wins IF” is a horrible argument. The record books will show that, no matter how many QBs COULD HAVE done it, only one did. And I am a Broncos fan, and I have always felt that Elway could have held every record had Reeves not shackled him for so long. But Reeves did shackle him, and Elway does not have every record. Which is my long winded way of saying that, while other QBs COULD have certain records, only Favre actually HAS the records for TDs and INTs, but more importantly, the one for WINS.
    As for “all the lies,” I was not in all the behind the scenes meetings, so I can’t say if Favre or Thompson or McCarthy is telling the truth. But in my work, I see over and over again that the truth is usually somewhere in the middle, as humans are just programmed to recount things in such a way as to make themselves look a little better and the other guy a little worse.

43. PervyHarvin says: Oct 31, 2009 6:41 PM

Funny listening to a bunch of Packer fans caught up in this sissified soap opera for men. It is very simple. He played there. Now he don’t. Why all the crying over a guy that got you one ring? Most of you seem happy to have the new kid,Rodgers. Why all this “I don’t respect him” “after what he did to us” blah blah blah STFU
    It’s like this. If you really like Rodgers and think he is better,why care about Favre. The guys a Viking now.That is only reason I see for you to hate him.Unless you wanted him to be there. I can’t stand Rodgers. Hope Allen murders him tomorrow. Why?We are rivals. That’s all.
    For all of you that keep bringing up how he will break down and choke us out of the playoffs like he did you. Don’t count on it. He is surrounded by more talent right now than the Pack ever gave him. Hope you boo him tomorrow and he turns Lambeau into a library. You know,very quiet. Like most home fans get when getting a beat down.
    Oh,I always loved Favre also. Only Packer I ever gave a damn about. Happy to have him, not jumping on any bandwagon. Bet if Brett did a Lambeau leap tomorrow, you haters would be the first ones trying to touch the back of a legend!

44. ncm42 says: Oct 31, 2009 6:45 PM

…and I agree that he is overrated for someone who only has 1 ring. However, I think Pack fans can agree that 1 ring is 1 ring more than they sniffed for 20 seasons before Favre took over. It’s one more than Marino has, and about the same number as Manning has. So are we saying Dilfer, Marino, Manning are all on the same plane of QB greatness, too?

45. TheBigOldDog says: Oct 31, 2009 6:47 PM

DocBG says: October 31, 2009 6:17 PM
    I love it. It’s the fans fault that Favre has done everything he can to spit in their collective eye by going out of his way to join their hated rival. The people who made him famous and wealthy are at fault, not the narcissistic, rich, aging, indecisive athlete who could have simply stayed in the AFC or even retired with grace and dignity. Nope. better to make commercials mocking your annual retirement watch and give the people who worshiped you the collective finger at least twice.

46. Fan_Of_ Four says: Oct 31, 2009 6:55 PM

I hope the Packers get to revisit the 70′s & 80′s. Most of these dimwitted cheeseheads probably aren’t old enough to remember when the Packers were the Lions of their time. The Packers sucked, nobody and I mean nobody wanted to play there. Things were so bad that mediocre players like Lynn Dickey and Don Majikowski were idolized. Favre put Green Bay on the map again. Favre lead the Packers to a 13 year stretch winning more games than anyone. Yeah I’d say he’s do some respect. Being a Wisconsin native I hope Green Bay fans show some class but I won’t hold my breathe.

47. zappa says: Oct 31, 2009 7:04 PM

I’m a huge Green Bay Packer fan and I can’t wait for the Packers to kick Favre all over the field and win the game big. My goal is to not drink as much as I usually do at the game because I have a hard time getting up for work on Monday. A cold beer, a brat or two, and my sister suckin my joint. Ah, I love Wisconsin and my sister.
    Bob Nelson

48. packers4life says: Oct 31, 2009 7:05 PM

” And if you really want to get into the detail, tell me where Reggie was when the “number 1″ Packer defense got walked all over by Terrel Davis in the SB?”
    The Packers’ had the #1 defense when they won Super Bowl in 1996 moron. You know…the game where White recorded a Super Bowl record 3 sacks?? Yeah that one.

49. vikes backer says: Oct 31, 2009 7:07 PM

Don’t worry GB fans, it will be over before you know it, and Favre and the vikings will be 7-1. Some of the comments I’ve seen on here make me sick, you can’t respect a QB like favre, who has done what he has for the packers over the years? You aught to be ashamed! I have watched him when he played for GB, and I can respect a good QB like that, that plays with that kind of passion. I’m telling you, it says alot about some of the packer fans, I would like to think that they are not all that way. Anyway, the vikings will go into lambeau and shred the cheese on sunday, mark my words!

50. 34_Fan_4_Life says: Oct 31, 2009 7:15 PM

I haven’t read all the comments so, if this has been said before, I apologize.
    He wants respect ??
    Respect is earned, Brett and you spent all the currency you had.
    When a player holds a team hostage and comes out on the short end, then acts like a victim, he can’t beg to get his standing with the community restored in a damn interview.
    I am a Bears fan so, I couldn’t care less and I hardly ever hope for injuries but, if there were a way for Brett to get a career ending injury and both teams to not win, I’d be happier than a pig in the mud.

51. Vikes-N-Favre says: Oct 31, 2009 7:20 PM

Favre will not get respect tomorrow and let me tell you why..
    The fact of the matter is, we went into Pittsburg last week and should have had a win when we left. The last thing this Vikings team should be tomorrow is intimidated. If anything, they should be playing tomorrow with all the confidence in the world knowing that just a few weeks ago they handed GB their asses with ease.
    How the Vikings are picked to lose in this one is absurd. They are the 6-1 team, they are the better team, and until otherwise proven differently, the Vikings should be the team to beat, and the team favored to win.

52. elduderino13 says: Oct 31, 2009 7:33 PM

Respect? He didn’t respect Green Bay enough to make a decision one way or the other. He got mad when they didn’t get the players he wanted. He held that franchise hostage his last 4-5 years there, and got his feelings hurt when they did what any good team would do – plan for the future by drafting Rodgers.
    Favre’s over-rated. How did his last playoff game end? Interception. Guy has the record for interceptions, too.
    Let’s not re-write history and say that Favre single-handedly saved the Packers. Reggie White played a much bigger role in that then Favre.

53. Fan of Football says: Oct 31, 2009 7:38 PM

“White was one, if not, the best defensive end ever so there is certainly no reason to bash him like you are. ”

54. Calistin says: Oct 31, 2009 8:01 PM

Favre sucks, Chilly sucks, Vikings suck, Minnesota sucks.
    Nuff said.
    Enjoy the thrashing.

55. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 8:02 PM

I’m not a Packer fan, just a guy who tired of a guy who can’t stay retired — twice. So, he lost any respect he had garnered. In two seasons, the queef pissed it all away.
    So if he wants some now, he’s gotta earn it, again.
    But it’ll be tougher this time, since he’s been such a whiny diva – just like his fans.

56. CYGNUS X-1 says: Oct 31, 2009 8:03 PM

now that we know he wants your respect packer fans instead of booing him just sit in your seats and do nothing.let him know you don’t care about him now that he is with the enemy and what better way than with silence?he gets no standing ovation or booing just we could care less silence. besides didn’t you cheeseheads show him enough respect during the time he played there?

57. leatherneck says: Oct 31, 2009 8:03 PM

Here is the link to the story about the Packers PR war on Favre.

58. Raider Pride says: Oct 31, 2009 8:12 PM

Mr. Florio:
    Can you please limit it to one comment per post per person… Or two at the most.
    It is annoying having some lame dick commenting four or five times on the same post.
    It is like fingers down a chalk board. Especially when the posts have zero creativity or entertainment value.

59. PackerBacker1980 says: Oct 31, 2009 8:26 PM

Vikings won’t win crap in January.. you have a legacy of losing… Favre will contunue that for you

60. Sterling says: Oct 31, 2009 8:29 PM

You disgruntled anti-Favre Packer fans are sick. While Favre was in Green Bay, the Packers had the highest winning percentage, for that time period, of any team in the NFL. Favre played with a broken leg, broken fingers, a separated shoulder. He gave you EVERYTHING he had. It isn’t like he left in free agency. He left because your stupid GM decided he didn’t want him anymore. You can hardly blame Favre for playing for a team that (a) wanted him and (b) had an offense he was familiar with. If they’re the division rival, well … blame your GM. Favre owes you nothing, because he gave you everything he had while he was there.

61. antneejay2 says: Oct 31, 2009 8:31 PM

According to some of the comments posted here, the ability to do something well is how respect is earned, regardless of any accompanying misdeeds or displays of aberrant behavior.
    They say Jeff “The Chef” Dahmer was a whiz at dissecting frogs in biology lab. Did he then deserve respect? How about the dude who aced him in the prison shower? They say he had a swing like Stan Musial.
    When I was a kid, my cousin Dirty Pierre was the best marbles player in the neighborhood. He also happened to be a scumbag. Was he generally referred to as the best marbles player in the neighborhood? Nope. He was referred to as a scumbag. There was only one other person alive (including his parents) who respected him. That other person happened to also be a scumbag. Gee, I think I’m starting to see how this stuff works.

62. GobiasINC_1 says: Oct 31, 2009 8:32 PM

MrHumble, don’t let that hallow come down and choke you.
    And Vikes Backer, shame on you! Shame! For shame! Zero Super Bowl wins. Shame!

63. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 8:48 PM

“All I ask for is respect. “
    He probably wants a pony for Christmas, too.

64. HughJassPhD says: Oct 31, 2009 9:14 PM

Especially when the posts have zero creativity or entertainment value.
    Like this one?

65. PervyHarvin says: Oct 31, 2009 9:29 PM

@ caliistan – Thanks skip!! The best always seem to be hated by many. The only thing getting thrashed tomorrow will be 300,000 brats in the mouths of Packer swine. Be a good game as usual.The chances of a Packer thrash on the Vikes is about the same as you being hung like John Holmes!

66. Majik Man says: Oct 31, 2009 9:48 PM

elduderino13 says: October 31, 2009 7:33 PM
    ______________________
    Are you retarded? Favre didn’t do it alone, but Reggie white didn’t play a bigger role. Favre was the QB, the most important position on the field. White was a defensive end, and a great one. But Favre’s 39 TD passes were a lot more important than White’s 8.5 sacks and 30 tackles.
    And let’s not forget that if Favre hadn’t been in GB, then Reggie never would have come. Favre played a huge role in recruiting White.
    I know you hate Favre now because he’s gone, and he took any chance of a post season appearance in the next 5 years with him, but it’s no reason to act like an idiot and post that kind of garbage. In fact, I’m surprised you had time to post, considering all of the fake funerals and jersey burning ceremonies going on.

67. ALL4Favre says: Oct 31, 2009 9:56 PM

Wow!!! No wonder Packers are losers. All of our stupid- no brain fans are so aweful. Have respect for the best QB to ever be in green and gold please.
    I do not see Rodgers running down the field to make tackles or to celebrate a touchdown with his receivers. RODGERS is WORTHLESS until we start winning. With Favre, we only had one losing season. With Rodgers, we already had one and looks like this will be the second one. Rodgers is a WANNABE QB!!!
    I hope Vikes kick our butts and send Rodgers to the IR for the season. Losers!!!

68. 1230 says: Oct 31, 2009 10:10 PM

Let me get this straight, a few weeks ago the Hillbilly told the Packers fans to “move on”. Now he wants “respect”? I’ll tell you what, the Packers fans have indeed “moved on”. The Hillbilly ball-lickers haven’t…but that’s just fine.
    The Hillbilly will get booed roundly and repeatedly throughout the game tomorrow and he’s earned each and every one of them. He severed his ties with Green Bay and its community via his own actions. That he wants things that he can no longer have, while not surprising, is just too damn bad. Perhaps one day he’ll look to the front offices of the Jets and Vikings because if I’m the Packers, I absolutely and steadfastly refuse to retire his number.
    They come and they go Hobbs, they come and they go.

69. 1230 says: Oct 31, 2009 10:14 PM

Goodness gracious, someone on here is pointing to an article written by Cliff Christl as being both factual and authentic? What has this world come to?

70. PackFaninPackLand says: Oct 31, 2009 10:48 PM

Apparently TheBigOldDog can’t read. It was the Packers that deliberately spread lies ABOUT FAVRE, not Favre about the Packers.
    Sooooo, if theBigOldDog’s place of employment (assuming he has a job) spread lies about HIM, on a National basis, and did it ONLY to discredit BigOldDog and to cover their own ass, I guess BigOldDog wouldn’t care one bit, huh ??? Right. What a lie.
    This whole mess was created by the Packers and Ted Thompson in particular.

71. PervyHarvin says: Nov 1, 2009 12:11 AM

@Vikes-N- Favre – Very good post guy.Right on.

72. SuperbowlViking says: Nov 1, 2009 12:31 AM

Are all viking fans as dumb as my grandpa he still thinks we got rings for those 4 superbowl chokes and he is a season ticket holder since the old met

73. packers4life says: Nov 1, 2009 12:46 AM

“Because GB Packer fans are some of the most disrespectful, and pathetic fans in the NFL. Before you dumb asses say anything, I live 10 miles outside of GB and have been to plenty of GB/Viking games over the years. I think I should know what its like attending a game in GB. They just had a mock funeral for Favre yesterday in GB, and the fans were laughing about it. How can you be more disrespectful then that? They hate him now, and they will be stroking his c@ck in a few years when he is retired for good.
    “I also love how these so called NFL experts say that GB will pick apart the replacements for Winfield tomorrow. In case everyone has been living in a cave for the past week, Winfield didn’t play last week against the defending SB Champion Steelers and our replacements did just fine in keeping Hines Ward in check (who is much better then any WR on the Packers) and Rothlesberger (who is much better then Aaron Rodgers)”
    Cry me a freakin’ river. Are you upset that Packer fans were being mean to your man-crush?? Vikings fans would do the same thing if he was still a Packer.
    and let me be the first to remind you that Rodgers threw for 384 yards against the Vikings WITH Antoine Winfield and Joe Flacco threw for just as many without Winfield. So if Rodgers can throw for that many yards against them with Winfield in there, then he can sure as hell do it again.
    “….And Favre is one, if not, the best QB ever so there is certainly no reason to bash him like you are…. hypocrite ”
    You would say that moron. No reason to bash him? I can name a million reasons to bash him and one of them is unretiring and putting on those pukey purple garbage you call uniforms.
    Of course..your a Viking fan. You don’t think anything happened and there is no reason to bash him. Psh get off the internet.

74. TheBigOldDog says: Nov 1, 2009 12:51 AM

PackFaninPackLand says: October 31, 2009 10:48 PM
    This whole mess was created by the Packers and Ted Thompson in particular.
    ****
    Your analogy sucks. A better analogy is, I go out of my way to hurt my former customers who love me and made me rich and famous because I am mad at my ex-boss. Get the picture now? If I just want to hurt my ex-boss there’s plenty of way to do that w/o hurting the people who loved me.
    BTW, I am not a Packer fan. I just hate ingratitude especially when it comes from narcissistic filthy rich aging, indecisive athletes.

75. 1mge says: Nov 1, 2009 12:53 AM

Hey Pervy & Mrhumble isn’t it blow your waiter night in Minneapolis…what are you doing with your heads above the table typing???
    You both idiots and even Viking’s fans know it.

76. packers4life says: Nov 1, 2009 12:53 AM

“Have respect for the best QB to ever be in green and gold please. ”
    I’m sure Bart Starr has something to say about that…..
    and please don’t call yourself a Packer fan. Your pretty stupid to be one but hey..look at the bright side…you will fit right in with the Viking fanbase.

77. PurpleIsForGays says: Nov 1, 2009 1:06 AM

As I sit and read all the ignorant Vikings fans on here all I can do is laugh. They sit and criticize Packer fans for hating Brett Favre for the shit he has pulled in recent years, yet fail to see the opposite side.
    Idiots like PercyHarvin who claimed they always cheered for Favre even as a packer, thats the biggest load of bullshit I have seen in a while. 99.9% of Vikings fans absolutely dispised Favre when he was a packer, now they are loving every second that he is playing. Do you think they showed him any respect when he came to the dome regardless of how good he was? Of course not.
    And for those of you who are criticizing packer fans as being the worst fans in the world, you have never been to that shithole metrodome as a visiting fan. I’ve never seen so many assholes in one place outside of Washington D.C.
    The Vikings are a decent team no doubt, You are 6-1, but that doesnt say a lot. Despite a miracle hail mary, and a field goal gone astray, you are then 4-3 and 1/2 game back of the division. So before you ride that high horse into the sunset you might want to stop being HOMERS, and take a closer look at the season. We have all seen what happens to over rated teams who’s statistics resemble what your purple is putting up right now. I believe the best explanation will be one and done.
    I have no choice but to live in this shithole state of MN, thanks to a little job relocation, but Wisconsin High School football teams have a better fanbase than you bandwagon puss bags that call yourself vikings fans.
    Keep posting your idiodic, repetitive comments, hopefully you all ride your high horses and bandwagins all the way to L.A. when old Zygi doesn’t get his stadium. I’ve said it before, but it pleases me so much to point out that you low lifes don’t deserve a professional sports team, so it’s only fitting the vikes and AP move to that nice new stadium with Purple seats. Enjoy F&#^$S, you have 1 year left.

78. luther549 says: Nov 1, 2009 1:36 AM

I think the only guy that really respects Favre is Strahan!

79. kjack58 says: Nov 1, 2009 7:28 AM

To all you haters out there – Can you honestly say that Favre can’t play at a very high level?
    Why should Packers fans be so upset that he’s still playing? Ted Thompson ran him out there door but I’m sure you dolts don’t see it that way tho.
    Thompson is a hack. Favre is a legend. Time will be much kinder to Favre than freaky eyes Thompson.

80. PervyHarvin says: Nov 1, 2009 8:23 AM

@1mge -Why would I have to blow a waiter tool? Actually,it is your old lady blowing me regularly. You thought they had Tupperware parties 5 nights a week?? Dumbass! I get along with the FEW smart Pack fans,so once again come up with a take that don’t suck!!
    @PurpleAssYouKiss – I never said I cheered for Favre to beat the Vikings all those years. I said I always loved him. I respect his passion and game. Quit assuming shit. Go back to your biscuits and mustard Karl Childers. Actually,that would not be fair to Karl,he could fix small motors,you most likely worthless!

81. sand0 says: Nov 1, 2009 8:48 AM

Green Bay fans are too classless to show respect to a man that rebuilt their franchise and gave them 15 winning seasons. They lack the basic intelligence to realize that this is a game adults play for money. They, like Brett, are much too sensitive and take things way too personal.

82. thecree says: Nov 1, 2009 10:08 AM

HughJassPhD says:
    October 31, 2009 4:53 PM
    “All I ask for is respect. ”
    Try earning it.
    And no. Being a waffling douche does not earn it.
    hugh,
    brett is a living legend. first ballot hall of famer.
    as for you hugh, you must’ve been on a deserted island the past 15 years. “try earning it” ? REALLY? That makes you sound kinda stupid, kinda makes you look like you have no idea what you are talking about…..hahhhahahaha
    Go to nfl.com and look up career passer records. stats dont lie. guys like you do, but stats dont.