Favre: "It was awesome to be a part of it"

After leading the Minnesota Vikings to victory over the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field, Brett Favre said he would put the win high up on his list of the most satisfying games he has played at the stadium.

“It ranks high,” Favre said at his post-game press conference. “Where on that list? I don’t know. I was part of some pretty good games here as a Packer. But this is pretty high up on the list. … It was pretty awesome to be a part of it.”

Favre was asked about the way he was loudly booed by the Green Bay fans who once revered him, and he did his best to shrug it off, saying he can be proud of his time in Green Bay even if the fans of Green Bay don’t have warm feelings for him anymore.

“It was about what I expected,” Favre said. “It was probably worse every time I took the field … but I considered it a good thing. It’s better than saying nothing, I guess. I know what I did here. You can ask the teammates I played with here. … I would venture to think all the guys I played with would speak positively about the way I carried myself. … Although I wasn’t expecting a standing ovation, I know what I’ve done and what I stand for.”

Favre said he felt strange riding the visiting team’s bus into the stadium and looking at the fans who were there to greet the bus.

“I saw a mixture of everything,” Favre said. “Cheers, a couple fingers.”

But ultimately, no matter how many fans booed him or gave him the finger, Favre said he felt great playing in Green Bay again, even playing for the opposing team.

“I know how special these fans are,” Favre said. “I think deep down inside I know how they feel. Packer fans cheer for Packers first. I know that. I hope that everyone in the stadium watching tonight said, ‘That joker’s on the other side, but he does play the way he’s always played, with his passion and love of the game.’ As long as I play, that’s not going to change.”

As he walked away from the podium at the conclusion of his press conference, Favre grinned and said, “It was pretty fun.”

Permalink 116 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
116 Responses to “Favre: "It was awesome to be a part of it"”
  1. danlinker says: Nov 1, 2009 8:18 PM

CLASS move by 80 – Driver after the game. Class move.

2. PFTiswhatitis says: Nov 1, 2009 8:18 PM

Booo!
    ————
    Hey I am glad you made it so that you cant actually write a comment + submit without being logged in but now how about making the REMEMBER ME thing actually work for more than a few days. 6 Months would be good.

3. LiveNBreatheFootball says: Nov 1, 2009 8:19 PM

Favre really is one of the most oblivious “right now” type of people I have ever seen.

4. Favre+Harvin=Farvin says: Nov 1, 2009 8:19 PM

Translation= Lick my balls TundraStruck of PFT.

5. Bob Nelson is a Tool says: Nov 1, 2009 8:20 PM

sweep sweep sweep sweep sweep!
    SKOL VIKES

6. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 1, 2009 8:21 PM

It was awesome baby !
    Don’t worry Brett you still have a ton of fans even if the rubes in Green Bay aren’t smart enough to realize what you did for that Podunk town.
    Now with all this Green Bay crap over I predict Favre goes on a terror getting his 4th MVP and second Super Bowl Ring.
    Sidebar: Ahman Green and Mark Tauscher really saved the day lolololololololololol

7. SlipperyPete says: Nov 1, 2009 8:21 PM

Whatever, Brett. Break down already, start throwing your boneheaded picks, and toss yet another organization under the bus.

8. VIKESvikesVIKES says: Nov 1, 2009 8:22 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

9. VIKESvikesVIKES says: Nov 1, 2009 8:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10. CanadianVikingFan says: Nov 1, 2009 8:23 PM

Great Win. Brett played like a champ.

11. FumbleNuts says: Nov 1, 2009 8:24 PM

Bottom Line: Forget the immature “Boo-Birds” this was a nice win from a great QB.

12. Fan of Football says: Nov 1, 2009 8:30 PM

A win and 4 TDs for Favre, just like I said in this morning’s post.
    look it up

13. mixman34 says: Nov 1, 2009 8:33 PM

7 tds 0 ints SWEEP

14. Vikingsfaninpa says: Nov 1, 2009 8:33 PM

So Packer fans Come take your beating.
    To those of you in the preseason that said he would throw picks blah blah blah blah and how Favre would throw picks to the packers blah blah blah
    You can now shutup.
    Favre threw ZERO picks in either Vikings / Packers games.
    Oh, make no mistake.It’s not revenge he’s after. It’s the reckoning.

15. purpleguy says: Nov 1, 2009 8:36 PM

The Pack hung in there and should make the playoffs if they can get their O-line figured out. Hopefully, the debate about which team is better should now be over.

16. Osterhouse says: Nov 1, 2009 8:37 PM

And Packer Nation falls silent. The old gun slinger got the last laugh.

17. Gordon Tremeshko says: Nov 1, 2009 8:37 PM

Sweep!
    Packer’s fans, face it, your club just isn’t as talented as you thought. For all of you who have lives that revolve around nothing but the packer’s, I feel sorry for you. You’re going to have a rough week.

18. Okey says: Nov 1, 2009 8:37 PM

Way to Go Brett!!!!!
    Good Job!!!!!!
    Best of luck to you the rest of the season!!!!!

19. purplescar says: Nov 1, 2009 8:39 PM

I don’t suppose Jimmysmith and Bob_nelson will show up for their humble pie will they …

20. JaredAllen69 says: Nov 1, 2009 8:41 PM

It happened just like I said it would. Favre had a huge day with 4 TDs and the Vikings won. Where’s Bob Nelson? Does he have enough guts to man up and admit he was wrong?

21. Plato Pye says: Nov 1, 2009 8:43 PM

For those who will admonish this Legend, you must remember the words of Rochdale and realize that time is fleeting and the choice to return to the field of glory dims exponentially with each passing year, at least the dog years that are the NFL..
    “And glory, like the phoenix midst her fires, Exhales her odours, blazes, and expires.”
    -Rochdale

22. PatERay-Vikes says: Nov 1, 2009 8:44 PM

Where’s all the Favre H8ters now…????????

23. employer says: Nov 1, 2009 8:47 PM

I am sooo disappointed in Brian Robison. Had he just fallen on that gimmicky assed squib kick rather than trying for extra yardage this game would have, with out a doubt, turned into the humiliating ass whooping that it was shaping up to be.
    My only regret is that it gave Green Bay and the Packer fans a smoke and mirrors opportunity to close the gap and make this game out to be much tighter than it truly deserved to be.
    The vikes need to work on some stuff. Most notably closing these lesser teams out when the opportunity is there.
    Until the Robison gaffe this game had all of the makings of completely taking the will out the packers to fight back.
    The Vikings are clearly,the dominant team.

24. comment_submission_error says: Nov 1, 2009 8:47 PM

Don’t know about anybody else, but but it seems to me that the Brett Favre story has been sufficiently covered. You media types are like a bunch of teenage girls when it comes to this guy. What is wrong with you? Florio was doing updates like it was something other than a mid-season divisional game. Shut the f–k up already.

25. Hauschild says: Nov 1, 2009 8:51 PM

How SWEET it is!!!
    Not bad for a guy who supposedly chokes in big games.
    Hopefully the insane now realize that more often than not, a QB can only consistently be as good as his supporting cast.

26. DanMarinox says: Nov 1, 2009 8:51 PM

I enjoyed how FOX was so obsessed with all the Favre camera stuff but once the game was over and he was mingling around the field greeting everyone they cut to the awful Cards/Panthers game with about 30 seconds left in a blowout. Smoooooooth.

27. CincyJungle says: Nov 1, 2009 8:54 PM

Absolutely beautiful.

28. purple4life says: Nov 1, 2009 8:55 PM

And we will see you in 2010 Packers. Thanks for showing up.
    Sure, the Vikes might not win it all (or they just might), but they are in the race to do so. Consider them elite in all facets of the game: Offense, Defense, Special Teams.
    I’ll take a 25% or so chance at winning the title over a 25% chance at getting into the playoffs (GB)!
    Nan nah nah, nan nah nah, ney eh eh, goodbye!
    Get the brooms out Vikes fans!

29. Twiz says: Nov 1, 2009 9:06 PM

In the immortal (almost) words of the great Jackie Gleason — Oh how SWEEP it is!
    Now we can be rid of the idiotic Favre hater/Packer fans for the season.
    14 sacks in two games on Rodgers. I saw someone say this somewhere, but it bears repeating……If the Packers cannot do something about their O line, Rodgers will retire before Favre!
    No way will the packers make the playoffs this year. The way things are shaping up at this point, it looks like the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles will split the wild card and division title. Vikes, Saints and either the Cardinals or Niners will win the other divisions. The road to the Super Bowl will go thru either the Saints or Vikes. Obviously I’m picking the Vikes!
    Oh well Packer fans, there is always next year…..or the year after…..or the year after…….or the year after…….LOL

30. MNPackerfan says: Nov 1, 2009 9:10 PM

For those of us that have to live with these immature Vikings fans, all I can say is 1998. A repeat of the NFC championship game will be fun to watch.
    Viking fans are great front runners, but wait until old #4 tosses in his usual dumb throws a couple of times later this year and the fans will be jumping ship quickly.
    Anyway, congrats on the victory. You had the better team. And can we stop covering Favre now. I am really tired of hearing about him, etc.

31. FumbleNuts says: Nov 1, 2009 9:11 PM

Put er’ in the old vise.
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

32. kyle says: Nov 1, 2009 9:11 PM

where are all the big mouth packer fans now.
    eat it bitches!

33. Canyonero says: Nov 1, 2009 9:11 PM

I have to hand it to the network, when Favre went on the field the first time and the boo’s started to rain down, the announcers just stayed quiet. Good job.
    I wish more games let the crowd and the players tell the story.

34. PiedmontPackerFan says: Nov 1, 2009 9:11 PM

If Favre had remained with the Packers and played in today’s game (with the pounding Rodgers took), Favre would have been lucky to not have had his career ended, let alone finish the game. The Packer offensive line is inadequate to have been able to protect Favre, even as wily as he is.
    Viking fans have every right to celebrate: theirs is the superior team. Perhaps Favre’s most significant contribution to the Vikings is giving them permission to be confident in themselves.

35. Vikes42812 says: Nov 1, 2009 9:12 PM

Where are all the Packers fan that was bragging about their best quarterback in NFC? He was shut out in the first half, thanks to the “improved” o-line of yours!!!
    And what happened to your 3rd best defense in the league?? Favre picked them apart all afternoon.
    Seriously, where are those Packer fans?????

36. FootballFanatik says: Nov 1, 2009 9:14 PM

For the love of God, can we shut up about Brett Favre now??? Rumor has it, that wasn’t the only NFL game that was played today!

37. Sparrowhawk says: Nov 1, 2009 9:17 PM

I figured I’d see something from Florio concerning one of Troy Aikman’s comments during the broadcast. Aikman mentioned that maybe Favre didn’t want to come back to the Packers in 2008 and he said that no one was talking from that angle. Brett has gotten a lot of positive PR by taking the position of the victim in the his Packer divorce, but how many of the “We miss you Brett” fans would have felt differently if they thought that Brett had instigated and managed the fiasco? It was interesting to hear a national commentator finally make a comment without his lips being tightly pressed to Brett’s buttocks.

38. Howie Handles says: Nov 1, 2009 9:20 PM

So Packer fans Come take your beating.
    You can now shutup.
    Favre threw ZERO picks in either Vikings / Packers games.
    Oh, make no mistake.It’s not revenge he’s after. It’s the reckoning.”
    _____________
    Not a Packer fan, or a Viking fan, but its easy to talk crap AFTER the fact. I’m sure you were one of those folks thinking they should have stayed with Jackson.

39. rudedog36 says: Nov 1, 2009 9:24 PM

Congrats vikings. Better team won. I still think the pack is a good team, but they have alot of work to do.
    I still love ya Brett, just not this year. Hope you understand. Nothing personal

40. vikes backer says: Nov 1, 2009 9:24 PM

Still waiting for that trainwreck! What a masterful game conducted by FAVRE AND THE VIKINGS!!!

41. kyle says: Nov 1, 2009 9:25 PM

all i heard was(you just wait until nov. 1st) were going to get even!
    No really Seriously, where are those Packer fans?
    Eat it bitches!

42. jorge says: Nov 1, 2009 9:27 PM

Congrats Vikings, I must tip my hat off to you.
    (seriously.)
    That was a quality win. The Vikes looked solid on all three of aspects of the game, certainly the Vikes are the better team “right now”.
    I guess its one those “We’ll catch ya next year type of things”. Hopefully Brett wins a Super Bowl for you dudes (no sarcasm intended), so you can join the Bears and us as teams that have hoisted the Lombardi trophy.
    Much luck the rest of the way.

43. TorVikeFan says: Nov 1, 2009 9:27 PM

When I read all the pre-season hype about the Packers — that their offence would light-up the scoreboard, that their vaunted new 3-4 defence would stone-wall opponents and that they were a lock for the Super Bowl — I laughed. Where are the know-nothing so-called experts now? Red-faced and chastened, no doubt. And I’m still laughing now, too. He who laughs last laughs best! Hahaha!!!

44. Osterhouse says: Nov 1, 2009 9:29 PM

Aaron Rodgers couldnt even finish the game. I bet his ribs were broken by Jimmy Kennedy on that big hit late in the game. That back up from LSU had to come in to finish the game

45. Duderino says: Nov 1, 2009 9:29 PM

The Vikes o-line did a heck of a job tonight protecting Favre & run blocking. Favre had a great rhythm going tonight. Allen was a beast & Harvin showed no signs of having a virus (or whatever it was that limited his practice time this week). I was a bit disappointed by the boos when BF came out tonight, but I can’t say that I was too surprised. After all the playoffs he led them to…… That doesn’t mean a thing when he’s wearing purple, I guess.
    I only hope that the Brown County Sheriff’s Dept. isn’t too busy tonight dealing w/ the inevitable domestic dispute calls resulting from a Packer loss. After the one and only Lambeau game I ever attended (a Packer loss), I overheard a county cop saying, “hurry along, folks, we are going to be busy tonight with all the domestic calls.” Wow…..WTF…….I thought Kentucky was bad when I lived there. Chill out, it’s just a game.

46. leroyjj says: Nov 1, 2009 9:30 PM

why aren’t packer fans talking about how sad it is that ted thompson’s ego made them boo their legend? favre wanted to come back to green bay if memory serves correctly??? wtf. i hated (but always respected) that guy for 16 years but wow am i glad that we don’t have to watch taint jackson anymore. he is best qb to play in my era. oh and and a little credit should go out to mr harvin for his impact on kr and big td…something about those wrs that drop in the draft and go to mn…

47. stetai says: Nov 1, 2009 9:32 PM

At first I was willing to tell Packer fans, its over now, so we don’t need to continue the fighting. But then you cheese eating losers start pulling out excuse after excuse and continue your bitterness, saying “wait and see when this happens …” blah blah blah.
    Everytime you bitterly predicted some sort of screwup or collapse with Brett you’ve been wrong.
    Brett kicked your ass twice and one day you’ll wake up and realize that he could’ve lead YOUR team to the Super Bowl and not the vikings, but YOUR general manager and jackass coach didn’t want him.
    Karma’s a beeyottccch!!!

48. bakler5 says: Nov 1, 2009 9:36 PM

As a die hard packers fan, who admittedly would have booed just as loud as anyone of the fans at lambeau, I must say Favre is having the best year of his career, and I couldn’t be more happy for him. It hurts to see it happen with the Vikings, and I don’t regret what happened because Rodgers is amazing, but I am happy for Brett, he plays the way it is supposed to be played. He is the best qb to ever play the game. And the better team won today. Before the game I thought there was no way the Packers could lose, and I was one of the fans who was talking a lot of shit, but I can honestly say the Vikes are a better team, congrats.

49. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 1, 2009 9:38 PM

Wow, I didn’t think the Paqueers were that bad. It was hilarious watching Harvin making the pukers look like pee wee players. While Raji contributed his usual nothing, actually he through in a facemask penalty. All the Paqueer fans that talked shit all week, SUCK IT YOUR TEAM IS AWFUL.

50. Duderino says: Nov 1, 2009 9:40 PM

Piedmont – Great point: “Perhaps Favre’s most significant contribution to the Vikings is giving them permission to be confident in themselves.”
    I don’t think the Vikes had the same mojo last year with Gus or TJ. Having a winning mentality & culture are important for any organization. If you are questioning your ability to succeed, you are dead in the water. Favre is a proven winner & has done so consistently. He is a gunslinging, risk-taker, but he has led some incredible come from behind victories during his career. This year, it looks like age & wisdom have led to better decision making for Favre. He knows he can’t get away with winging it, and he doesn’t feel the pressure of carrying a lousy team on his shoulders – he has a great core group of talent around him, much like the ’96 Pack team.
    I think Rodgers has the potential to take the Pack to this level, too. He just needs some protection up front & a more consistent running game to balance out the passing game.

51. EndOfStory says: Nov 1, 2009 9:46 PM

Looks like Favre done knocked the cheese off Ted Thompson’s cracker . . .

52. Twiz says: Nov 1, 2009 9:46 PM

my hat is off to *some* of you packer fans. Nice to see you come and congratulate the Vikes on their win today.
    I’ve always tried to say say “not all” or “some” when I have made disparaging remarks toward packer fans, but I may have missed a time or two.
    Thanks for proving me correct. Not all packer fans are complete imbeciles! Some of you actually understand how the game is played and why people do what they do.

53. Sparrowhawk says: Nov 1, 2009 9:47 PM

Favre is having his best season of his career. It’s too bad that he couldn’t have played with that much discipline and caution when he played for the Packers because he would have had 3 or 4 SB wins if he would have. I guess that revenge is a greater motivator than than loyalty and professionalism.

54. Facts Domino says: Nov 1, 2009 9:50 PM

This one was stuck right up Ted Thompson’s enlarged ass.

55. Deb says: Nov 1, 2009 9:51 PM

@DanMarinox … I was floored by that, too. Woohoo–30 whole seconds of a game that wasn’t even close. Those Fox people are so smart.
    @Osterhouse … Best line I’ve read today.

56. Duderino says: Nov 1, 2009 9:54 PM

Bakler, as a Viking fan who has lived in WI for the last 13 years, your comment restores my faith in humanity & civility. I have heard way too much smack talk about Mr. Favre over the last 1.5 years. He deserves some respect from the Packer faithful for services rendered.
    The Vikes have been on the other side of Mr. Favre’s ass whoopings many times. He has always been fun to watch. I still remember all the GB/TB games where Warren Sapp would bury Favre & old BF would pop right up & pat Sapp on the ass and say “good job.” The guy just knows how to have fun on the field and compete at a high level. I hope his hallmark toughness lasts through the end of the season (and maybe next year too) – Ol’ Greybeard still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

57. Pack Attack # 1 says: Nov 1, 2009 10:02 PM

the vikings got lucky were the better team with the better quarterback

58. Deb says: Nov 1, 2009 10:03 PM

@MNPackerfan … Just curious–were you tired of hearing about Favre when he won the Packers their first Super Bowl since the ’60s? How about when he took the field and played so beautifully the night his father died? Or in 2007 when everyone thought he was washed up and the Pack went 13-3?
    Like I said on another post, when Rod Woodson left the Steelers, I was shattered. Then he went to our division rivals, the Ravens–and won a Super Bowl. But I’d have taken a baseball bat to ANYONE who tried to remove one piece of Rod Woodson memorabilia from my wall. My loyalty is to the Steelers, but I still wanted Rod to make the Pro Bowl every year BECAUSE of all he did for my team while he was there. When he made the Hall, I cried for joy.
    You people blow my mind.

59. Favredaze says: Nov 1, 2009 10:04 PM

Where are the Packer fans?
    The real Pacvker fans were not booing Brett Favre today, there were holding thier heads down, because of the way a few idiots disrespected the best fans in the NFL.
    Real Packer fans realize that Brett wanted to play in Green Bay, but Green Bay(Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy) wanted Aaron Rodgers.
    Real Packer fans realize Brett Favre brought the Packers back from being the Raiders of the 80′s
    But where are the Favre haters or McCarthy/Thompson lovers that said they THOUGHT ,let me say it again, THOUGHT that the team was better with Rodgers than with Brett. They are the ones booing, because they realize they were wrong about everything. Brett was a winner, McCarthy is a moron, and Rodgers will never take the Packers were Brett took the Packers. The HATERS mentioned earlier in this paragraph are the one’s who are tired of hearing about Favre, because they are tired of hearin how wrong they were. They want Brett to throw INT’s so they will not be wrong
    But guess what Favre haters and McCarthy/Thompson lovers. You were wrong Sad day for the real Packer fans. It was like your Mom deciding to divorce your Dad and then going to the park and there is your Dad with his new wife, but guess what you don’t boo Dad you go up and talk to him and when he leaves you tell him you love him.
    So haters stop hating and give your daddy the respect he deserves.

60. wrath4771 says: Nov 1, 2009 10:04 PM

The Vikings are the better team this year, but I’m hoping the Packers get a third crack at them in the playoffs. With that out of the way, Mike McCarthy needs to have his head examined. T.J. Lang did a pretty good job on Allen consdiering he’s from a MAC school and this was his second game – but how do you not give him some help on Jared Allen? Why did it take until the third quarter to throw the quick outs to the receivers, when the Rams had already shown that was an effective way to move the ball? Rodgers is a top 5 quarterback in the league, but he has got to get rid of the ball and quit taking all those sacks. Also the Packers have some flat out duh-umb players. Jolly’s head butt costed the Packers four points without a doubt. The Packers have some good things going for them, but McCarthy’s game plan and some boneheaded players are going to keep the Packers from being more than mediocre.

61. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 1, 2009 10:08 PM

So how much is that Karen Rodgers Street sign worth now ? He will be lucky to get a park bench with his name on it.

62. irishgary says: Nov 1, 2009 10:08 PM

Vikings fans are incredibly stupid. Still 0-4 in Super Bowls and they won’t make it again this year and they gave up a lot totry to get there.
    Trash organization, and really dumb fans.
    Also time for the Pack to get rid of McCarthy, he cannot coach

63. CripZip23 says: Nov 1, 2009 10:11 PM

tt and mm are both sick tonight so funny!! we all know now rodgers cant lace favres shoes.
    green bay played like scared bitches

64. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 1, 2009 10:12 PM

Tundrastruck says:
    October 26, 2009 8:17 AM
    Cue the “the Vikings played well even if they lost” bullshit. I seem to remember a game from a Monday night a few weeks back where Packers fans said the same thing and Vikings fans summarily dismissed that as sour grapes from a lesser team in the same breath they were saying 16-0…Chew on this Vikings fans….your team will lose by at least a touchdown next week. Brett Favre, if you listen to the talking heads, is the best QB in the league. Brett Favre is maybe the 3rd best QB in that division right now, so save that talk. He may be the best QB on the team, but Kluwe is also their best punter..it’s all relative. Favre would not be able to unseat Rodgers in Green Bay, #12 is easily the best QB in the division, probably the conference (sorry Brees fans) Lastly, before MN fans talk about how Green Bay hasn’t played anybody, I would argue they have pretty much played the same schedule MN has (although I would put Cincy ahead of Pitt, and MN has played SF and Green Bay played Chicago…a tossup) Right now, MN has scoreboard, but payback is a bitch (just like PervyHarvin) and Green Bay takes the front seat for the division title with a home win in Favre’s Shakspearean Tragedy next Sunday
    Great Prediction Dumbass LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

65. MrHumble says: Nov 1, 2009 10:12 PM

66. tufar says: Nov 1, 2009 10:18 PM

You know, Nelson and Smith never really had much in the way of integrity they way they constantly and mindlessly bash on the Vikes on this site. But to not come on here today and at least say something, even if it’s more garbage, says a lot about what jerks they really are. Put down the beer cans, you can’t drink this one away, you just had your asses handed to you by a team that’s lousy according to your posts. Love it!

67. Pack66 says: Nov 1, 2009 10:19 PM

Sparrowhawk…
    I thought the same thing..
    But maybe Favre knew something about Ted Thompson that you buffoons are just finally starting to figure out….that he’s not that good!
    Favre got the hell out of Dodge at just the right time, if you ask me….

68. Duderino says: Nov 1, 2009 10:30 PM

Deb – Rod Woodson was the man – best D-Back of his generation. If you’re a football fan, how can you not enjoy watching that level of exellence?
    This isn’t a fair comparison, but when ex-Vike Rich Gannon won MVP & took the Raiders to the Superbowl, I was actually happy for the guy. Hell, I didn’t know he had it in him!!!

69. Majik Man says: Nov 1, 2009 10:31 PM

Deb says: November 1, 2009 10:03 PM
    _____________
    Excellent post by a neutral party. 16 years of leaving it all on the field, and his reward is a chorus of boos from a large group of very small people. What an incredible embarrassment for the entire state of Wisconsin.

70. packers4life says: Nov 1, 2009 10:36 PM

“What’s with all this crap about Rodgers being “amazing, top 5, super qb, etc. etc.”? He took a 13-3 team and led it to a 6-10 record, this year 4-3 thus far with wins over lions and browns. He holds the ball too long, seems to be playing with a lot of pressure (shadow of #4), the pack has no running game so he is always throwing for a lot of yds with most of them coming during “garbage time”, yes garbage time. he hasn’t won a single playoff game and excels at throwing to a wide open wr but rarely does he “thread the needle” or throw to a spot, he wants to see the wr open. he is young and has some potential but to put him up there with the mannings, favres, brady, rivers etc. is a real injustice. those other qb’s help their team to win from the opening kickoff, rodgers is a garbage time qb as of yet.”
    Dude. Bullshit. All Rodgers’ yards came in garbage time?? Are you freakin’ kidding me? He led the Packers back from a 24-3 deficit in the 3rd quarter and you call that garbage time???
    and he doesn’t thread the needle? Were you watching the game or were you to busy making out with your cut-out cardboard of Favre?? He threw a pass right in between two defenders to Donald Driver.
    It seems everytime Rodgers loses, you still try to make it look like it was entirely his fault and everytime he wins, you still say “It was against the Lions. It was against the Browns” you effin’ hyprocrite.
    Rodgers has freakin’ 14 touchdowns and 2 interceptions this year and that isn’t top 5 material? Wow. You are stupdier than I thought, moron. and FYI he didn’t lead the Packers from a 6-10 record.

71. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 1, 2009 10:39 PM

4 T.D’s 4 good ole #4

72. snomizzle says: Nov 1, 2009 10:40 PM

Im one of the biggest packer fans youll ever meet but dude seriously what the hell is up with Mike McCarthey?!!!! hes an absolute idiot calling plays this year. we continuously run the football on 1st and 2nd down and then we are stuck with a third and long. LOOK IT UP almost every game its recockulous. I hate Brett Favre dont get me wrong but he played an amazing 8 games so far and dont look like hes gonna slow down.
    The sad thing is other packer fans are also idiots as is almost every viking fan. Ever been to a Vikes game? They are retarded, they fight each other when they lose.

73. snomizzle says: Nov 1, 2009 10:43 PM

Did anybody else listen to what Troy Aikman was saying during the game? He finally said what i have been saying for 2 years now. Brett NEVER wanted to come back to GB. He wanted to play in MN and its completely obvious so anyone who says FAVRE wanted to come back is a tard.

74. GreenAndGold says: Nov 1, 2009 10:44 PM

First off, congratulations to the Vikings for a deserved victory. Favre was great, but I still would rather have Rodgers as my QB. The difference was in the defenses, not the QB. You guys realize you can just enjoy football without talking crap about everything, right?

75. GreenAndGold says: Nov 1, 2009 10:45 PM

76. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 1, 2009 10:45 PM

Where is Jimmy, Bob and Tundra? Must be attending the mass suicide in milwaukee.LOL

77. stetai says: Nov 1, 2009 10:47 PM

And now the award for the most bitter and petty sports fans in the world, who still refuse to give Brett any credit or admit any wrongdoing by their GM and HC in the matter …
    The idiot GB Packer fans!!!!

78. DocBG says: Nov 1, 2009 10:54 PM

# jorge says: November 1, 2009 9:27 PM
    Congrats Vikings, I must tip my hat off to you.
    (seriously.)
    Much luck the rest of the way.
    —————————————————-
    Much appreciated, We’ll see you again next year in what will be a good game.
    To the rest of you sophmoric, imbred, dimwitted packer fans, maybe you should read a little from this guy, is it really that hard to be respectful and admit defeat when it happens? wins and losses are part of any football season, getting worked up one way or the other is overblown.
    to the jimmysmiths, tundrastunks, dbag nelsons, and hydras of the world, collective get bent and move on you turd, odds are you don’t show face around here for awhile, and thats just fine with me. on the bright side, you might be able to actually make up some ground on the NFC North Leading Minnesota Vikings next week, as it is our bye week. This, of course, is assuming you are able to get by the very talented buccaneers. (as one of you fools said, its all relative, right?)
    Best of luck next week GB, you might need it.

79. SuperbowlViking says: Nov 1, 2009 11:01 PM

This just isnt right, Packer fans get screwed and held hostage by Brett Favre and now they get swept, there has to be some sort of Karma in this mix no one is seeing yet. Too easy for our ball club Vikes, the Packers have good things in the future we need to enjoy what we got now because this is just too easy and lucky.

80. sven_ftw says: Nov 1, 2009 11:08 PM

i sure am glad that there aren’t any annoying jimmy smith, or bob nelson posts in here(yet)…
    great win for the vikes. final 3 games have shown us a lot about the team, and the bye comes at a great time.
    best thing about the sweep of the pack is that we’ve twice risen to the occasion of a pretty good football team.

81. MrHumble says: Nov 1, 2009 11:14 PM

I think the following post from a Packer fan on the Green Bay Press Gazette says it best, “I was born in Green Bay almost 56 years ago, and have been a Packer fan since then. I no longer have any desire to be associated with Green Bay. The people of Green Bay came off as uneducated, ignorant hillbillies with the booing of Brett Favre. No athlete in any sport has given more to a franchise or a city than Favre. 16 years, never taking a game off despite a myriad of injuries, returning a floundering franchise to respectability, and he gets treated like crap by a crowd of classless imbeciles. Shame on you , Green Bay. I hope the next 16 years brings Green Bay the same level of frustration and failure that characterized the organization for the 2 decades before Favre arrived. You thankless idiots.”

82. BigSnert says: Nov 1, 2009 11:14 PM

Thanks for the day, Vikes. It has indeed been awesome.
    and @ Plato Pye . . . As somebody named General Tony McAuliffe once said to somebody like you and Rochdale:
    “NUTS!”

83. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 1, 2009 11:15 PM

Okay, I’m here.. Let’s hear it..
    Respect to the Vikings for the win (I am getting really tired of typing that), it was more than obvious who the better team was today.
    Nice push by the Pack in the second half, Rodgers looked like he was finally able to somewhat compensate for the failings of the Baby Swiss, but it was all too little too late, so I will give the credit where it’s due. Congrats Viking fans, you seem to have quite a contender there.
    If there is a silver lining to such a humiliating loss, it’s that this game is more than likely the end of Thompson’s reign of terror in Green Bay, which most Pack fans have awaited for years.
    That said, although I personally never predicted a win, I am here now and willing to take whatever PFT’s purple faction has ready to throw at me. Go ahead and get to it.
    I am more awaiting the return of Bob Nelson and Supersuck, however. Someone needs to explain to me how this loss was actually beneficial for us, how having three fullbacks is a great idea even despite STILL having no running game, how the Baby Swiss is actually among the league’s elite, and, once again, how Thompson is the greatest GM in the history of the league. I still don’t see it.

84. MrHumble says: Nov 1, 2009 11:23 PM

packers4life…..read what u wrote, 24-3, vikes only rushing 3 DL, qualifies as garbage time in most fans books…..rodgers may have 14 td’s but how many does favre after today, does that make favre top 5 qb?? in addition, he has LED his team to 7-1, what has rodgers did? I agree rodgers will be good some day but tell me what he has accomplished so far? I think his record is 10-13, no playoffs. and call me a moron but yes the rodgers led pack was 6-10 last year …ur the fan you should know. you need to go suckle on TT and MM for some more kool aid dude, LOL

85. SuperbowlViking says: Nov 1, 2009 11:26 PM

Packers are done, Purple-Pride has just begun, my Dad was in my moms clothes again he put his horn (with heidi wig on) in his bt tt and 3 of his friends where over and where tickling him talking about superbowl. I threw up.

86. purplescar says: Nov 1, 2009 11:30 PM

@Beer Cheese Soup … Thanks man and I won’t pile on, I’m too out of breath anyway. A good game from the North.

87. DailyNorseman says: Nov 1, 2009 11:38 PM

Yeah. . .you won’t be hearing anything today from Tundrastruck, or JimmySmith, or Bob_Nelson, or any of the rest of the filth-spewing Packer fans that frequent this site. For you see they, like most Packer fans, are stupid. They’re really good at flapping their gums and talking about how great their team is, and when their team goes out and pees all over themselves in front of a national TV audience, they’re nowhere to be found.
    Here’s the facts, boys. . .
    Your team sucks.
    Your quarterback is overrated.
    Your offensive line couldn’t block Big Ten defensive lines.
    Your starting running back would be the #3 guy on Minnesota’s depth chart, if he made the team at all. (Although you don’t have to feel that bad about this one. . .Chicago and Detroit are in that boat, too.)
    Your coach is a moron.
    Your GM is a pathological liar.
    And, finally, your team is vastly inferior to the team on the other side of the river.
    Spend the rest of the regular season and the off-season sucking on that. Fortunately for you. . .and unfortunately for us. . .there’s no chance of you seeing the Vikings again for the rest of the year.

88. Vikes-N-Favre says: Nov 1, 2009 11:38 PM

No Pack No, No Pack No, No Pack No, No Pack No.
    That is what the fans in GB were cheering right? 7 TD passes and 0 INTs for Favre in 2 games against the shredded cheese. 7.5 sacks for the Sack Master Jared Allen in 2 games against the shredded cheese. Total domination of the Packers by the Vikes this season. 68 total points in 2 games as well.
    All GB has is a bunch over loud mouth players on their team. At least when the Vikings players talk smack, they back it up. Where was that woman beating Nick Barnett in these 2 games? He sure as hell wasn’t putting Favre on his ass like he claimed he was going to do. They at least were able to get close enough to Favre to sneeze on him this time, but still couldn’t sack the old man whereas the Vikes sacked Rodgers 14 times in the 2 games, and had him rolling on the ground in agony a few times in these 2 games. This sure is the black and blue division, but the Cheese are the only ones that are bruised now. Rodgers could be a good QB down the road, but he is not in Favre’s league even at 40 years old. Thanks Ted and Mike for allowing Favre to get his wish to play for the Vikings. We all thank you for that. SKOL VIKES!!!!!!!

89. Gordon Tremeshko says: Nov 2, 2009 12:01 AM

@ Beer Cheese,
    I have to respect you for showing up. It is nice to see a fan with some class despite a loss.
    Speaking of class, did any of you Packers fans watch Favre’s post game press conference? How can you hate the guy? He has a huge amount of respect for green bay fans. He went to another team when GB no longer wanted him. He went to a team that he thought gave him a chance to go far. Seriously, how can you begrudge him that? It is sport. It is a business. It is not a family. For all of you idiots acting like a spurned lover over his departure, grow up and show class.

90. bakler5 says: Nov 2, 2009 12:06 AM

Say what you will about the Packers, rip on fans for expecting a win, rip on them for losing, whatever, but when Driver was injured and the whole crowd was chanting his name, that was an amazing moment, no matter what your favorite team is. I can guarantee you won’t see that anywhere else but Green Bay. The connection with the team is like no other organization and that is why I will always bleed Green and Gold.

91. Vikes-N-Favre says: Nov 2, 2009 12:13 AM

I must say, there are several honorable Packer fans on this site. I talk complete smack from time to time because I want to give it back to GB fans and make them realize exactly how dumb they sound when they say the things they say about the Vikings and how badly the Packers would beat them.
    I have been a Viking fan for a long time, and games like this are long overdue IMO. The Vikings always seem to have a good team its just that they never know how to combine all facets of the team and win games. They are doing that now, and people really need to take the Vikings serious for once.
    The thing that pisses me off the most is that you have guys like Sterling Sharpe, Michael Irvin, Howie Long, and those types of guys that continue to make excuses for teams like GB and continue to bash the Vikings at every turn. I wanted this win more then anything just to see those guys look completely stupid again.
    The Vikings were coming into this game at 6-1 (could have very easily been 7-0) and they still didn’t get any respect. The Vikings beat up GB a month ago, and it seems all these people somehow “forgot” about that and acted like the Vikings were a below .500 team and GB was the division leader. The Vikings deserve more respect then what they get, and I hope they continue to play with a chip on their shoulder until they get where they want to be.
    I think they already proved with wins over the 49ers, Ravens, 2 over GB, and hanging with the Steelers that they can play with any team in the league on any Sunday. This team needs to be taken serious, and if they have to keep beating teams up to get that respect, then I hope they do. IMO, the Vikings are the team to beat in the NFC.

92. purple digger says: Nov 2, 2009 12:24 AM

I would just like to thank TT and the packers org
    for wanting to go in a diferent direction, and not wanting Favre any more, We love his mojo.

93. purple digger says: Nov 2, 2009 12:52 AM

Brett did not leave the Packers and play for another team, He was traded to another team. I think Packer fans need to remember what he did for the packers all these years. Viking fan are happy to have Him. Over the years we have seen what he is do, We are just glad he is doing for us.
    Go Vikes!!!

94. Frank Burns says: Nov 2, 2009 12:59 AM

Maybe now Vikings fans can stop whining like little schoolgirls about their loss to the Steelers?

95. Frank Burns says: Nov 2, 2009 1:00 AM

You know, the way those Vike fans are telling Pack fans to stop their whining.

96. Twiz says: Nov 2, 2009 1:10 AM

@packers4life
    While you are busy kissing up to “Karen” Rodgers, you forgot one of the most important stats……The Vikings put him on his ass 14 times in two games! Another very important stat you conveniently forgot is that he leads the league in getting sacked for the SEASON!
    That pretty much puts him straight into the cellar, not even fit to look at the REAL top 5 QB’s in the league!

97. PervyHarvin says: Nov 2, 2009 1:48 AM

@ jorge – Didn’t know you had it in you,but nice post dude. I being of the logical sorts,don’t attack a friendly party. You and I have exchanged verbal beat downs to say the least. While I’m sure we never would be fishing buddies, I appreciate you congratulating the Vikings when many Packers can’t. Don’t take anything I said personal, just football smack bud.That being said, if you were congratulating Viking fans, me not included, ……..you know where you can go and let round 10 begin! LOL

98. jorge says: Nov 2, 2009 2:38 AM

Beer Cheese Soup says: November 1, 2009 11:15 PM
    Okay, I’m here.. Let’s hear it..
    ****************************************************************************************
    Well, Beer Cheese Soup, I’ll say it for us. The “D” is still a work in progress, the pass rush is an area that really needs some serious attention to it, the pass coverage on third down is also an area that we’ll have to address, thee nO/Line is in disarray, the ground attack is punch-less, the special teams is not so special, the talent evaluators (G.M./T.T.) may not have a clue about what he’s doing, our Q.B. might be suffering from tunnel vision, and the stupid guy at McDonald’s got my order wrong yet again!!!

99. hk94 says: Nov 2, 2009 7:03 AM

bakler5 says:
    November 2, 2009 12:06 AM
    @bakler5: This was the high point of the game for me. It was a nice moment and contrasted strongly to a moment I saw in an early game between the Colts & the 49ers. A 49er was injured as the Colts gained momentum so the clock stopped and the crowd booed. Yes, booed an injured player. Classy, Indy fans. It just showed how much the GB fans love their team and these players as people, which actually explains why so many felt betrayed by Favre signing with the Vikings.
    My final thoughts on the subject:
    - Minny looks much stronger than I thought. If Favre AND the Vikings can avoid what has become a typical late season fade, they may give the Saints some serious contention for best of NFC.
    - I am still happy with Rodgers as the GB quarterback. I think he shows a great deal of promise, and if he can be coached to throw the damn ball away and be given some protection, he will be a very good, possibly even elite QB in the near future. He’s not there yet. But it was still the right decision to commit to the future rather than ensuring years of failure at the position when Favre finally retires for good.
    - McCarthy and Thompson need to go, but not because of the Favre fiasco. They just are not good at their jobs.
    - There are some Packers fans here that make me embarassed to admit that I’m one. Thank god they are not representative of the whole.
    - There are some Vikings fans here that make me proud to hate the Vikings. But there are some that have acted with class after the win, and to those I say good luck with the rest of the season, nothing personal, we’re just a bunch of fans passionate about our teams.

100. Ollie says: Nov 2, 2009 7:28 AM

Ever notice how Brett can sound so humble while patting himself on the back?

101. zappa says: Nov 2, 2009 7:32 AM

Still time for the Packers to get it together, Bucs next week. Packers at Vikes in the playoffs.

102. MNPackerfan says: Nov 2, 2009 7:52 AM

Deb,
    In response to your earlier post, I was getting tired of BF later on in his career. He started out as a guy I could cheer for and loved watching. He turned into a Prima Donna. I am tired of the media oversaturation of him. Personally, I lost a lot of respect for him.
    SparrowHawk, I heard Aikman’s comments also. I hope someday we can find out the entire story about this messy divorce. I have a feeling Mr. Favre had a lot more to do with it than most people expect. It is kind of like his manipulation of getting the Jets to release him so he could go to the Vikes.
    Ollie, he has become a master of do that.
    Anyway, congrats to the Vikes they have a pretty good team. I don’t see many teams beating them. They will only lose when Brett goes back to his gunslinging ways.

103. bustabloodvessel says: Nov 2, 2009 8:20 AM

Why is everyone so pissed about Brett being booed? Of course the home team is going to boo the visiting team. If they had cheered for him when he took the field, I would have lost all respect for Packer nation. Green Bay fans cheering for Favre as a Viking would be like catching your wife/girlfriend cheating on you, and giving her a “way to go babe!”.

104. mikethevike says: Nov 2, 2009 8:54 AM

Aikman said it best. These are two really good teams BUT, the Vikings look mature where the Packers just aren’t there yet. I agree Packers are a good team and will be scary maybe under new coaches/management BUT, there not mature enough yet. Oh and please don’t stop wasting your draft picks on college overachievers.

105. finsbooyah says: Nov 2, 2009 10:01 AM

Anyone watch the “Favre Cam”? I didn’t but I want to know if I missed him pick his butt, give a high five to Harvin, or the sky open up and pour rays of sunshine down on his face.

106. Supersuckers says: Nov 2, 2009 10:53 AM

This is for us packer fans that have a bit of enjoyment talking knowledgeable football and not for you trolls that as the Green Bay Press Gazette put it this morning. “throw insults annonymously while eating doritos in their parents basement. Just ignore them. they have no life and get aroused by getting a rise out of someone they don’t even know” Thank you Tom Perilisso. A great beat reproter. And he is only in his twenties. Good head on his shoulders.
    Anyway, Vikes-N-Favre must have been watching a replay of the 1998 game. This was a game that showed you exactly how good Minnesota can be (first half and last drive to seal the game) and a game that showed me a ton of the character of the Green Bay Packers. They were manhandled in that first half. The third quarter was magnificant. The ultimate result was a loss and there is a definite gap albeit a small one between these two teams. The season is by NO means over packer fans. Winning the division seems unlikely. Lets focus on getting one of the wild cards and maybe just maybe…by getting better and and getting more consistent on the OL with chemistry have a chance to see these guys once again at the dump and end their season as they did to us with a 8-8 record in 2004 with the aid of 4 Favre interceptions. green Bay has a good team. Minnesota is clearly better. Right now. Were not even half way done! 4-3?? Not too bad. Lets get to 5-3 half way through and were right in the thick of it.

107. footballrulz says: Nov 2, 2009 11:19 AM

Supersuckers & hk94–you are good Packer fans, as are most, but there are some real idiots posting here also, for both sides. Suckers I hope we get that wild card but I’m not sure 8-8′s gonna do it and that’s about the best I see the Pack coming out of this currently. No discipline, none–you have to put that on the coaches. No going out & improving the O line (Wake up TT, eat some wheaties & man up).
    Good luck to the Vikes, let’s see how far you can ride this train.
    Suckers–where’s Chickenfoot?

108. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 2, 2009 11:37 AM

Supersuck says:
    ____________________________________
    I enjoy talking knowledgeable football too. So let’s start with some basic facts here: his name is Tom PELISSERO, not whatever you said, and he’s a fairly mediocre reporter. Decent writing style, but spends too much time towing the company line and kissing Thompson’s ass rather than giving an objective point of view or doing any actual investigative work.. Also, the parents’ basement line is now lame on at least four different sites.
    As for you, I know you weren’t on here yesterday (for obvious reasons), but if you had been, you would have seen that I specifically called on you to explain once again exactly why and how you think Thompson is the best GM in pro sports.
    After the loss yesterday that was ultimately on his shoulders, it’s been difficult to find any of his supporters left anywhere. Since there’s no longer any debating to be done with Viking fans as to whether their team is good or not, maybe we can discuss ways to fix our own..

109. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 2, 2009 12:35 PM

Twiz says:
    November 2, 2009 1:10 AM
    @packers4life
    ————————-
    And yet his rating against the Vikings this year is a healthy 115. If he could play all 16 games against the Vikings he’d win MVP with 5,368 yards passing, 40 TDs and 0 INTs.
    But the Packers would go 0-16.
    Anyway, to blame Rodgers for all of those 14 sacks is absolutely assinine. Did you notice that Jared Allen came unblocked on one play? Yeah, he’s only one of the best pass rushers in the league. Let’s let him come free. Can’t blame Rodgers for that.
    You can blame him for some other sacks, but not more than 1/4 of the ones he’s taken.

110. packers4life says: Nov 2, 2009 3:32 PM

Look, I give credit to Favre for having a great game but come on now, some of you Viking fans need to stop bashing Rodgers for unknown reasons and start giving the dude credit. Yes he has been sacked 31 times this season but despite that, he has still managed to rack up a rating over 100 this season and has thrown 14 touchdowns versus 2 interceptions. That is pretty damn impressive for someone who gets sacked an average of 5 times a game.
    It’s hard to believe Mike McCarthy kept Allen Barbre in the game for as long as he did because Barbre is absolutely awful. We signed Mark Tauscher for a reason and there is no way he could be any worse then Barbre.
    and sorry about my little tirade before. Wasn’t happy about the loss but I still love my Packers.

111. Pack66 says: Nov 2, 2009 3:36 PM

The reason I love to see the Packers crushed by Favre is for all the dooshbags like MnPackerfan who want to blame Favre for not winning a SuperBowl for every year that he played for them.
    These morons in GB are such HOMERS that they’ve scapegoated Favre rather than look at their own handicaps and shortcomings—ie., Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy.
    Man, do I love to see those jackasses backpedaling now!

112. EddieTheToolboxWest says: Nov 2, 2009 4:10 PM

If there is a silver lining in this the whole Favre fiasco for the Packer nation, it has got to be the way all these so-called hard-core, fiercely loyal Viking fans have dropped to their knees to gargle the nards of the guy (Favre) who routinely sodomized their team for 16 long seasons.
    I wonder how many wins will it take to for them to forget that taste?

113. Duderino says: Nov 2, 2009 5:55 PM

Adam-Chris & Packer4Life – Both of you have made so excellent points re: AR. Rodgers is a good, young QB. He still has a lot to learn. But, the lack of a decent O-line is killing him. Two things he needs to work on, given the crappy o-line:
    1) feel the pressure, no open receivers, nowhere to run – throw the damn ball out of bounds
    2) more quick slants – this is West Coast offense at its finest (Montana, Young, & Rice rode this play all the way to several Superbowls, as did BF)
    Jennings is pretty damn fast, so I think the slant would work, if the defense is giving you the space/alignment to set this up – +8 yards everytime w/ a chance for YAC if you set it up with a consistent run game that keeps the LB cheating towards the line & the DB’s are in a zone.
    The play selection is one of the Pack’s worst issues on offense right now – way too predictable.
    I will alway be a Vikes fan, but it’s good to have consistent, tough competition within your own division to keep you honest about your abilities as a team (like Chamberlin vs. Russell in the NBA, back in the day – your only as good as your best competition). I hope the Pack do make the playoffs, but it will be a tough climb, fighting w/ Philly, Dallas, ATL, and/or NYG for a wildcard spot.

114. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 3, 2009 12:01 AM

Well said, dude.

115. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 3, 2009 12:09 AM

MrHumble says:
    November 1, 2009 10:12 PM
    ———————–
    Yeah, I’m sure the difference in the defense between 2007 and 2008 had nothing to do with the record. It’s all the QB’s performance. That’s why Dan Marino won 10 Super Bowls, right?

116. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 3, 2009 12:13 AM

Vikes-N-Favre says:
    November 2, 2009 12:13 AM
    ——————————
    Very easily could have been 4-3 as well. They’re a very good, very balanced team. But it was a wing and a prayer with 2 seconds left against the 49ers and a missed field goal against Baltimore that’s kept them in the lead in the NFC North.
    They’re 7-1 with the toughest part of their schedule in the rear view mirror and congrats to them on that. But don’t think for a second the Vikings haven’t been lucky in addition to being good.