13 arrested, 43 ejected at Lambeau Sunday

Brett Favre made sure that it wasn’t a fun Sunday for the Packers faithful at Lambeau Field — at least the fans that were still around to see the game.

13 people were arrested at the contest, and 43 were ejected from the stadium.  The police confirmed that the number of ejections was higher than normal.

10 of the 13 arrests were for unlawful conduct.  (Booing Favre did not qualify.)  There was one arrest that included unlawful
conduct and a probation hold, one for possession of marijuana and one
for possession of marijuana, possession of a false ID and underage
drinking.  (The trifecta!)

The crowd behavior has caused some navel-gazing in Green Bay.  On Tuesday, the Green Bay Press-Gazette has scheduled an online chat to discuss fan conduct at the game.

I’m not sure whether it’s awesome or bizarre that there’s actually enough interest in the issue to hold such a thing.  Get your questions in early.

Permalink 63 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
63 Responses to “13 arrested, 43 ejected at Lambeau Sunday”
  1. tj.52 says: Nov 2, 2009 1:50 PM

The fans own the place, don’t they? I would assume that it is their right to be as lewd, drunk and cheesed up as they want.
    BTW, don’t you have to have like a pound of weed to get arrested these days? Sounds like those dudes brought enough for everybody.

2. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 2, 2009 1:51 PM

Every game people get the boot and most of it is because of the boos, no not the ones directed at HOF QB’s, the booze that people swill before and during the game.
    I have to laugh at the Press Regret, they flip flop more than Favre when it comes to the Packers, especially Vandermouse. I wouldn’t read that rag or even visit it’s site. I left their message board years ago because you’re not entitled to have you’re own opinion.

3. JohnnyH says: Nov 2, 2009 1:51 PM

“On Tuesday, the Green Bay Press-Gazette has scheduled an online chat to discuss fan conduct (i.e. Their Feelings and then they’ll all hug) at the game.”
    We should try that out in Philly, ya know from the jail inside the stadium.

4. Raiders Fan Please Dont Laugh says: Nov 2, 2009 1:55 PM

I LOVE IT!!! Brett went it to Greenbay and embarrassed you. LOLOL . Then the fans couldnt handle it. You got just what you deserve. Couldnt happen to a better fan base club, well maybe Pittsburgh. What a great game. Go Brett . LOVE IT! Made my Sunday .

5. AZVikesFan says: Nov 2, 2009 2:05 PM

It didn’t help that Packers fans had three extra hours to drink before the game started. The league might want to rethink 3pm starts at Lambeau in the future.

6. msnyder275 says: Nov 2, 2009 2:05 PM

I’ve been to Lambeau twice in Bears garb, and left with hugs and handshakes each time.
    Packers fans are some of the nicest folks around.

7. Twiz says: Nov 2, 2009 2:09 PM

My guess is this is another blog that we will not see the likes of Bob Nelson, Vox or jimmySmith LOL
    Once again, thanks to those packer fans that are not only *NOT* trying to make excuses, but also giving credit where credit is due. This year, the Vikes were the better team of the two. I would like to think they will for years to come, but as they say……”Any given Sunday……”

8. gwinn1952 says: Nov 2, 2009 2:15 PM

I believe the packer ruling also says those individuals lose their season tickets or whoever they bought them from. Way to go fans…..once voted the best fans in NFL. You couldn’t just do the right thing and clap for him when he ran out onto the field and booed during game if you wanted to. But to get ejected from the game…..really sad.

9. Champs says: Nov 2, 2009 2:19 PM

Jokes about expecting a cheesehead to stay sober until 3 aside, daylight saving time and the late game slot probably didn’t help. After all, kickoff was at what would have been 4:20pm local time the day before.

10. zappa says: Nov 2, 2009 2:27 PM

I have been to most of the stadiums wearing my Vikings colors and never had a problem at Lamboo. Philly was ok. Buffalo has some of the worst fans, at least in the cheap seats. In San Fran the fans around me bought me a couple of beers, very nice. At the old Cleveland stadium when Modell was the owner they threw trash at us every time we scored. But the worst, that honor goes to Pittsburgh. There was an extremely drunken father that had his kid (6 or 7 yrs. old) try to throw his orange pop on us. Instead he dumped it on a couple in front of us in full Steelers Super Bowl garb. The father came over to get his son and told the couple it was supposed to get thrown on us, the idiots covered in orange pop said they understood and shook this jerks hand. Drunk, stoned, sober or just an asshole is what go to Steelers games.

11. Majik Man says: Nov 2, 2009 2:30 PM

Hard to believe that a crowd who boos one of their all time great players would have drunken, behavioral issues.

12. Beast Of The East says: Nov 2, 2009 2:31 PM

@Raiders Fan Please Dont Laugh
    “I LOVE IT!!! Brett went it to Greenbay and embarrassed you. LOLOL . Then the fans couldnt handle it. You got just what you deserve. Couldnt happen to a better fan base club, well maybe Pittsburgh. What a great game. Go Brett . LOVE IT! Made my Sunday ”
    To start, I am not a Packers fan. However, I have met and been around several and they are among some of the classiest fans around. One of life’s funny little ironies I guess is to hear a Raiders fan bashing someone else’s fan base. Next he is going to say what a great owner Al Davis is.
    @johny H-that is hilarious dude. Yeah Philly has a rough crowd. Been to the vet to watch my skins a couple times (lost both times) in my full gear. Left there alive obviously. Rude fans to opposing fans and teams but I will say Philly fans know their sports regardless of whether they like to throw snowballs at Santa Claus or squirt mustard on the granddaughter of the opposing team’s manager, or throw batteries, or cheer when an opposing teams’ wideout is laying on the field with all appearances that he may be paralyzed from the neck down but they do know their sports history and the fact that the eagles have never won the super bowl has some of them feeling very hostile.

13. mixman34 says: Nov 2, 2009 2:31 PM

See what happens when you trust the lil cheese fockers to hang out till 3 before the game starts?
    Good thing they changed the name of that street sign to Aaron Rodgers. Dude gave the Vikes like 3 sacks for free…. it’s called throwing the ball away… QBing 101. Didn’t you learn anyhting when Favre was in town?!

14. BigSlick says: Nov 2, 2009 2:32 PM

LOL!…dumbass Packer fans!
    SKOL Vikings!

15. stetai says: Nov 2, 2009 2:36 PM

The Packer fan base is different no doubt. The organization has become something more akin to the Raiders of the Packers 60′-00’s.
    This organization and its fans are different. Now the players headbutt opponents, their head coaches shake hands to their former QB’s like Bill Belichek, the current QB’s tell their open receivers to block for them rather than throw it to them so they can steal glory, the fans are now unruly, classless, getting arrested.
    The Packers/Favre divorce has truly unearthed the ugliest side of Packer fans I’ve ever seen.

16. Wyoming says: Nov 2, 2009 2:44 PM

First. There is no jail @ the Linc. I’m interested to see if the media makes a huge ordeal of this like the would if it happened in Philly. As in any stadium in the NFL on any given game day, it is a very small group of fans starting problems, which becomes a bigger problem when the media gets involved.

17. cfuska says: Nov 2, 2009 2:48 PM

Sappa, that’s insane. The fact that you would judge an entire fan base on three people just proves that. I’ve been to plenty of Steeler games and believe me, most fans are not like that. So next time don’t be too quick to judge just because you’re jealous of the greatest franchise in NFL history.

18. stunned says: Nov 2, 2009 3:05 PM

I was at the game, Sunday. It is amazing that more people were not arrested, and that more fights did not occur. Basically, the home crowd was 70% anti-Favre, and 20% pro-Favre, and 10% neutral. The real Green Bay fans were anti-Favre, because they believe in what is best for the TEAM, and not best for baby Brett. The other 20% that think Brett got the shaft were clapping for him and also making smart ass comments to those who were booing him. I personally witnessed several verbal attacks, all instigated by the 20% who think Brett is god and had the right to hold the team back every year with his indecisiveness. I stayed neutral, as to not end up in a bad situation. Bottom line…to the commenter who said Green Bay fans are the classiest around, I would beg to differ. Maybe outside of the stadium, but not at the games. As a Wisconsin native and lifelong GB fan, the majority of the fans are loud, obnoxious, and borderline redneck. As an example, you may want to ask my friend I brought along how he felt about the spitwads and full glasses of beer being thrown on him from adult fans, simply because he was wearing a Vikings jersey and minding his own business. One very large man, who I wasn’t about to argue with told me I was I had no right to be in the stadium if I brought a fan of another team with me again. I’ve been going to games for 30 years and its always the same for a visitor. Yeah, real classy fans.

19. frank booth says: Nov 2, 2009 3:07 PM

As a Bears fan, and having been to Green Bay and Chicago for many Vikings games, the common denominator is typically the Viking fans that are traveling to the game.
    It’s not typically the Minneapolis/St. Paul folks, but the goofy three-toothed outlanders that voted for Jesse Ventura and molest loons when there not churning out chum at the Hormel factory.

20. footballrulz says: Nov 2, 2009 3:10 PM

@ stetai
    I normally don’t respond to idiots but I have to ask you–
    WTF are you talking about? That has to be one of the most insane, ridiculous, ludicrous, idiotic comments I have ever read on PFT. And buddy, let me tell you, that’s saying somthing.

21. Bob Nelson says: Nov 2, 2009 3:22 PM

Lambeau Field is the friendliest place on the planet. Everyone has a wonderful time.
    The Packers organization is the most open and cooperative with the news media. They know their fans want all the information.
    Now what other team publishes their ejection stats? It is news because it is so unusual for the open, warm and friendly, town of Green Bay.
    The article did not mention how many of those troublemakers were from out of state.

22. Deb says: Nov 2, 2009 3:24 PM

@Raiders Fan Please Don’t Laugh …
    You’re kidding right? A Raiders Fan (But It’s So Hard NOT to Laugh) criticizing other teams’ fans for behaving in a classless manner. A Raiders fan? Al Davis’s Raiders?
    Stop, stop … I get the hiccups when I laugh too hard.

23. Deb says: Nov 2, 2009 3:27 PM

@Zappa … You can’t judge an entire fan base by the behavior of a few dimwits. I’ll never forget all the Steelers fans leaning over the tunnel walls shouting encouragement to the Ravens’ Willis McGahee when he was carried off the field after being injured in last year’s championship game. There are many good people in Pittsburgh and in the worldwide Steeler Nation.

24. hk94 says: Nov 2, 2009 3:43 PM

@Deb – I’ve always been shocked by the hatred for Steelers fans on this board. My experience with them is similiar to what you mentioned. Passionate, but very respectful to their opponents.

25. launcher says: Nov 2, 2009 4:00 PM

Bob Nelson – you are alive!! The Vikings posters here were getting worried about you. Anything you want to say about the game?
    BTW…everyone has a wonderful time because they are the drunkest fans in the NFL.

26. njcheesehead72 says: Nov 2, 2009 4:03 PM

For those of you who say “How can those classless Packer fans boo Favre after he gave them a HOF career there?”, I say this: He quit on this team so he could go play for the division rival. Imagine that happening on your team.
    The bottom line is Favre is on a better team now. Yes, the Vikings are more talented. No doubt. And it’s because we have a GM who will only build a team through the draft. Until the Packers embrace free agency and spend some money, the Vikings will continue their domination.
    Favre played well, and most of all in control. How will he will play as the long season goes on? Who knows? But I do think if the Vikings give him a sweetheart Favre deal(i.e. skip training camp, skip 2 preseason games, skip OTAs), then he may still be playing at 45. And still beating the Packers long after Thompson and McCarthy are long fired.

27. TampaJoey says: Nov 2, 2009 4:28 PM

You can’t smoke weed at an NFL game?

28. Deb says: Nov 2, 2009 4:30 PM

@njcheesehead72 …
    It did happen to my team. When Rod Woodson left my Steelers, it broke my heart. I still love players, but I’ll never love another one like that. Never. And he went to the Ravens. And they beat us. And they won the Super Bowl.
    But I never booed Rod Woodson. I never took down my Woodson memorabilia. I hate the Ravens, but I’m glad he got his ring. He deserved it. And when he went into the Hall, I cried at the announcement. He played his heart out for my Steelers when they sucked and helped turn them into Blitzburgh. How could I EVER forget that?

29. Vikes-N-Favre says: Nov 2, 2009 4:32 PM

For those of you that have bashed my every word about the GB fans at Lambeau Field, now you know what I am talking about. The GB fans are some of the most disrespectful fans in the NFL.
    A couple years ago I attended the Christmas game between the Vikings and Packers in GB and it was Tarvaris Jackson’s first start. A kid walking up the steps to go to his seat had a Viking horn hat on and a Packer fan took it off his head, poured beer on it, then threw it in the crowd. This kid couldn’t have been much more then 11-12 years old and the guy that did it was like at least 30 years old. Talk about pathetic.
    Then in the same game, a drunk chick that was a GB fan was talking shit to the Viking fan in front of her and she slapped him upside his head. When he stood up and got in her face, he got kicked out of the game and she was laughing about it.
    That is why I get sick and tired when the announcers talk about GB fans being the best fans, and Lambeau Field being the best place to attend a game. They see shit from up in a booth and not up close. I live near Lambeau Field, I read what happens there in the papers, and I have witnessed it on several occasions in person. Packer fans are pathetic, and there are many more stadiums to attend a game in the NFL that are much more fan friendly. About damn time that this gets out there and portrays the GB fans for what they really are, and that is a bunch of pathetic, and drunken idiots.

30. durno99 says: Nov 2, 2009 4:32 PM

Bob Nelson, you are a PUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Warm???Friendly??????? I went to Green Bay for 2 Packer/Viking games and simply wore Purple and was yelled at as well as my pregnant wife. Classy my ass. Classy like mooning the oppositions team bus? Tony Dungy exposed the world to that one. Like I said before, I wish we could take down the bridges from our 2 states so you clowns can be penned in like animals should be. Green Bay is making Philly and New York look good. Brett Favre covered up Wisconsin’s true identity simply by association. He now is on a team HE deserves because you guys don’t deserve him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. dcfan-1212450 says: Nov 2, 2009 4:33 PM

They booed Farve because his indecision made the Packers into the bad guys and the fans proved it by booing Favre they know who the real bad guy is. Favre says im coming back before minicamp, theres no question. But at the start of training camp, in a total screw you Packers im Brett Farve mentality is wrong. And to do what he did to the Jets is so overlooked here. Talk about quitting on that team because he didnt want to play for them. Great player and i used to love cheering for him, but i lost all respect when he screwed the Jets. I gave him his leeway when he screwed the Packers, but to do it again to the Jets was unreal.

32. colebert says: Nov 2, 2009 4:58 PM

I was at the game and the only person I saw being arrested with an obviously intoxicated older (40-50ish) Vikings fan being driven on the back of a golf cart to somewhere underneath the stadium. He was in handcuffs. No idea what the problem was.
    Overall, everything seemed about normal for a Packers game though.

33. alphamail says: Nov 2, 2009 5:01 PM

Packer fans are pretty milquetoast – they’re nice to a fault. If they were bigger a-holes to visiting fans, maybe the team would win more often.

34. MadMark rAiDeR4LiFE says: Nov 2, 2009 5:15 PM

Beast Of The East- haha as a skins fan idk how you sleep at night!!! And to question a Raiders fan even funnier. Truth is niether of our teams our good, but hey at least i can get past a winless chiefs team… Oh and BTW about this posting GREAT! Absolutely Magical! I wish I couldve been there. They shouldve had a riot! I can’t believe the “class act” that favre is he would play for a 16 year rival!!! WTH IS THAT! That would be like Madden Coaching the Broncos!

35. garylandon41 says: Nov 2, 2009 5:18 PM

1. Every football game has ejections and arrests
    2. Any fan that thinks their entire fan base is higher and mightier than another is an idiot. There’s bad seeds everywhere.
    3. I was there, I saw about 10 people get ejected. There was a group of 3 vikings fans together that got ejected and a single viking fan that got tossed. I saw probably 4 packer fans that got tossed and the other two were probably split too.
    4. There are A-holes at every stadium. I’ve been to seven stadiums. The Metrodome is was number one for the biggest number of A-holes. That’s over Chicago, Arizona, San Diego, Green Bay, Denver and Dallas (a close second) —-My opinions.
    5. Until they post number of ejections and arrests for every stadium at a big time rivalry game with passionate fan bases, don’t talk S*&%, you sound like idiots

36. blazer026 says: Nov 2, 2009 5:18 PM

Seriously…is there nothing else to report…43 out of almost 73,000 people. Who cares!!

37. launcher says: Nov 2, 2009 5:24 PM

Vikes-N-Favre,
    Let me guess, the drunk chick at Lambeau had 3 teeth, 1 in her mouth and 2 in her pocket.
    Also sorry to hear you live in WI :(

38. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 2, 2009 5:33 PM

Launcher,
    Bobby poked his head out in the following posting. The usual Platinum-plated genius. I had to drive over his intellect with a truck again.
    Mostly, the GB faithful are amazingly subdued. Probably polishing up the blame sword to point at management, claims to follow that the management chose O linemen badly, that the Raji draft was a mistake, that Moobs McCarthy is a piece of a Peanut Butter Sandwich and no more, and that Satan will surely be lining Ted Thompson up behind Hitler and Saddam to shove a daily pineapple up his butt.
    Shock! Packers fans arrested! And the implication that it happens EVERY WEEK! Swoon! These are the GREATEST FANS IN THE NFL!! It’s proven! Drunken Louts? NO! Misunderstood, true- hearted, loyal-as-the-day-is-long FANS! God Bless Wisconsin, land that I love, stand beside her, and guide her, through the light with my Bud(weiser)! Single-handedly keeping Bowling at the top of the list of things to do in a Bowling Alley.

39. garylandon41 says: Nov 2, 2009 5:39 PM

♦ Forty-two of the 70 people arrested during Vikings games since 2004 were from Wisconsin. About 20 percent — 15 fans — had a Minnesota address.
    Can’t blame this ALL on Green Bay fans. This from the Green Bay Press Gazette from Sunday.
    It also shows that the games against Minnesota have the highest average of arrests and ejections. This game being just one or two above the average
    Common denomiator? Fans wearing purple. And don’t kid yourself thinking that all of the people with Wi addresses are packer fans, there a lot of western WI residents that are viking fans

40. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 2, 2009 5:43 PM

durno99 says:
    November 2, 2009 4:32 PM
    ————————
    Wow. You need to take it easy. That vein in your forehead’s about to pop.

41. zappa says: Nov 2, 2009 5:46 PM

@Deb,
    Yes there are good fans at all the games and drunken shitbags also. Being a life long Vikes fan makes you think I don’t understand one good feeling you had at a steelers, ravens game. I’m also a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates and Penguins fan and have seen the same bad manners at every game (over 200 and counting) through the years. People in Pittsburgh have nothing else but the team they root for, Steeler fans at the top. steeler fans think they have the right to ruin someone else’s good time because they are Roonies Raiders.

42. sand0 says: Nov 2, 2009 5:54 PM

I am a Vikes fan and hate on cheeseheads all the time here on these boards. They are some of the most delusional fans in all of sports. They can be so incredibly annoying when they talk about their team. They take it too seriously. They make excuses. They use the team’s ancient history to create this ultra delusional opinion of complete superiority that is enough to make a guy puke. Their team has won one superbowl in 40 years and they talk like they are the damn patriots…wow, a rant, I digress.
    Back on topic, I can say that in this case they are getting too bad of a rap. Despite their delusions, Packers fans are still generally very nice midwest people. If you go to Lamblow their fans are not going to absolutely ruin your experience. They’ll raz you a bit and give you a hug if your team loses.
    13 arrested at the game is higher than normal, but the late start, emotional aspect of the game, and the fact that they had extra police there can account for the extra arrests quite easily. It still isn’t that dang high in the grand scheme of things having one in 6000 arrested.
    But yeah you won’t be getting no 13 arrests at a Vikings game so I can throw a little flack east to the land of cheese, fireworks, full strength gas station liquor, and Cruisin’ Chubbies.

43. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Nov 2, 2009 6:08 PM

I was at the game and sat in the south end zone. I couldn’t believe it, but there were about 12 people ejected out of the 43 in my section alone. All of them were Vikings fans. What struck me as odd was that they happened so early in the 1st Quarter. Paying that kinda $$ to go to a game only to miss 90% because you don’t know how to handle your booze seems silly to me. That said, seeing the fans and how ridiculous and obnoxious they were before the game should have been a big indicator of what was yet to come. Living in Minneapolis and going to the dome for games, Vikings fans are really some of the worst fans I’ve seen. The more the bandwagon fills up, the more obnoxious they get.

44. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: Nov 2, 2009 6:13 PM

# AZVikesFan says: November 2, 2009 2:05 PM
    # BigSlick says: November 2, 2009 2:32 PM
    LOL!…dumbass Packer fans!
    SKOL Vikings!
    ————————–
    Like I said earlier. Based on my section alone given the numbers, over 25% of the total ejections were Vikings fans. I didn’t see one Packer fan ejected and there were by my count 12 people who were rejected from my section. Given that it was the largest showing I’ve seen from an opposing team’s fans, it wouldn’t surprise me if the majority of the idiots ejected were Vikings fans. Afterall, they have nothing to lose since it’s not their season tickets that will get revoked.

45. DocBG says: Nov 2, 2009 6:15 PM

Bob Nelson says: November 2, 2009 3:22 PM
    —————————————————-
    wow dude, you are taking you secret mission maybe a little too far here. The fact that you see so many fans being ejected and arrested during a game (Which i will gladly admit, probably happens during every game, at every stadium in the league) and turn it into a positive for the packers really makes one wonder if you aren’t Ted Tompson in disguise comming on here in hopes of keep a shred of the credibility that favre brought to your franchise.
    We are getting close to ending your secret mission pal, you’re getting in too deep.

46. jusford says: Nov 2, 2009 6:21 PM

Our fans are better than your fans.
    Our stadium is better than your stadium.
    Blah blah blah.
    There are bad apple’s at every venue. I’ve been to Lambeau and have never experienced any issues, I’m sure there are. I’ve been told by a good friend of mine (Viking fan) that he’ll never go to the Metrodome again cause his wife (a Packer fan) got heckled and felt threatened. Point is no place is perfect because of a few idiots.

47. EndOfStory says: Nov 2, 2009 7:05 PM

That Brett Farve just stepped up and knocked that Wisconson Cheese right off Ted Thompson’s cracker with Authority.
    END OF STORY

48. Vikes-N-Favre says: Nov 2, 2009 7:39 PM

Launcher
    She may have had a full set of teeth, but I highly doubt she was born with them if you know what I mean. Most likely dentures and implants.
    I do live in Wisconsin, however I was not born here. I was born and raised in Florida, and was forced to move here at 13. I actually do like the area I live in mainly because it has low crime whereas Florida was crime infested. That doesn’t make me a native, so the hillbilly jokes are free to come out of my mouth without retaliation. :)

49. Deb says: Nov 2, 2009 7:41 PM

@Zappa …
    I’m a devoted member of Steeler Nation, but don’t live in Pittsburgh and can’t disagree about events you’ve witnessed at Penguins and Pirates games. However, I have many friends in and from Pittsburgh that are loyal Steeler fans who regularly attend games–and they have much more in their lives than the team.
    I saw (on TV, btw) Pittsburgh fans trying to encourage McGahee, but I’m sure there were some dimwits in the stands who cheered when he got hurt. There are great fans and dimwits at every game. I don’t know where you fall in that spectrum, but overgeneralizing about and stereotyping any group of people makes you sound silly.

50. Contra says: Nov 2, 2009 7:53 PM

I was at the game. By FAR…Packer fans are worse than Eagles and Raiders fans put together.

51. frank booth says: Nov 2, 2009 8:25 PM

Contra says:
    November 2, 2009 7:53 PM
    Dumbest. Comment. Ever.

52. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 2, 2009 8:57 PM

Any details as to what led to the arrests for unlawful conduct – that is more of a catch all phrase and the offenders will get probation, if anything.

53. Raiderref says: Nov 2, 2009 9:37 PM

lmao @deb the squeeler fan, she is probably that fat lady who fell down 6 rows before the Raider vs Steelers game when Rothlisraper through 6 pics. I remember this so well because her drunk larda$$ husband only cared about the camera she dropped. BTW he passed out before the first quarter ended. I guess he couldn’t handle California liquor. I have been thinkin about taking up a collection so we could buy the Steelers some more stickers for the other side of their helmets.

54. Raiderref says: Nov 2, 2009 9:38 PM

55. Deb says: Nov 2, 2009 11:09 PM

@Raiderref …
    Wow … you were paying a lot of attention to that lady and her husband, weren’t you? And gosh, I can’t even remember the last time we played the Raiders, so you’ve been thinking about that lady for a long time, haven’t you? Hmm … what an, um, interesting fantasy life you have.
    Sorry to burst your bubble. Wasn’t me. But I’m sure you’ll having no trouble finding another lady just like that at your next Raider game. Don’t be shy now. Just jump in when her husband passes out. She’ll probably love spending time with a silver-tongued charmer like you. LOL

56. cfuska says: Nov 3, 2009 8:08 AM

zappa says:
    November 2, 2009 5:46 PM
    @Deb,
    =================================
    That statement is so wrong I have no idea where to even begin telling you how stupid it is. So based on that, I’m not even going to try since, based on your comment, you probably wouldn’t understand me anyway. Don’t be so quick to rip on a city that has provided a lot to this country aside from sports.

57. cfuska says: Nov 3, 2009 8:47 AM

@Raiderref… the fact that you think you can rip on someone else when you’re a raider fan is just laughable in itself. Nothing more needs said.

58. Supersuckers says: Nov 3, 2009 8:51 AM

Sad thing is if a season ticket holder sold their tickets to one of these clowns then they have just lost their season tickets for good.

59. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 3, 2009 9:47 AM

Vikes-N-Favre says:
    November 2, 2009 7:39 PM
    Launcher
    ——————————
    …because a transplant from Florida is immune to hillbilly jokes, right? They don’t have any toothless hicks in Florida?

60. Deb says: Nov 3, 2009 11:35 AM

@Adam-Chris Scheftersen …
    I’m from Florida, and yes, we have our share of hicks like everywhere else (but no, Raiderref, I’m not a toothless hillbilly, either–keep guessing LOL) And we have plenty of towns that aren’t crime infested. What is it with these people and their across-the-board stereotypes?

61. vikestwinswild1 says: Nov 3, 2009 8:12 PM

Seriously people this is something that’s going to happen anywhere. When there are games involving the Vikings, Packers & Bears and one happens to be playing one of the other 2 it really will escelate. I’ve been to Lambeau wearing Purple in the past but I must have sitting in the right section because I didn’t have any problems. A co-worker has been to the Dome for a Vikes-Pack game wearing green and he said he had no problems. And I know when they play each other, there can be some heated confrontations in the seats. I’m a Vikings season ticket holder and usually the Packer & Bear games have the most arrests & ejections. I saw 1 incident last season in the upper deck at the Atlanta game last season with a few arrests but for the most part it’s a friendly place. I’ve also seen Vikings away games in Buffalo, Cleveland & Detroit (Silverdome). They’re not so friendly over there but at least I never had my life threatened. 2006 @ Buffalo I got cussed at, flipped the bird & mooned just for wearing purple. Football is not the sport for a family atmosphere like baseball & hockey are. I have been to Twins-Brewers games @ Miller Park and have never had any issues. Personally I think Wisconsiners are the funnest people to drink with.

62. comatrip1 says: Nov 13, 2010 5:12 PM

This is actually a fun little rivalry starting up. Too bad Braylon makes it absolutely impossible to like the Jets though.

63. comatrip1 says: Nov 13, 2010 5:13 PM

How the hell did I end up posting this to the wrong story? I hate this new PFT server!