Boldin: Whisenhunt not "man enough"

The Arizona Cardinals earned a big win over the Chicago Bears today, but not everyone in the Cardinals’ locker room was in a mood to celebrate afterward.

Wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who was inactive for the game, said his injured ankle felt good enough to play, and he was baffled that coach Ken Whisenhunt held him out. And he said he was even more baffled at how he found out that he wasn’t playing.

“I’d have probably felt better if somebody would have been man enough and walked up to me and told me what the situation was,” Boldin said after the game, per Kent Somers of The Arizona Republic, “but I had to walk back in the locker room and find all of my stuff gone.”

Whisenhunt, however, said he didn’t decide that he was going to rest Boldin until minutes before the deadline for declaring players inactive (90 minutes before kickoff), and that he approached Boldin as soon as he did decide.

“I put his name down right before that 10:30 deadline,” Whisenhunt said. “I was torn right up until that. He [Boldin] was still out on the field.”

The Cardinals’ passing game was just fine without Boldin, as Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner completed 22 of 31 passes for 261 yards and five touchdowns. But the Cardinals’ locker room won’t be fine if Boldin and Whisenhunt aren’t on the same page.

Permalink 27 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Arizona Cardinals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
27 Responses to “Boldin: Whisenhunt not "man enough"”
  1. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 9:07 PM

Boldin just needs to rest up, get completely healthy and work on making another run to the Super Bowl. Being a vikings fan this cardinals team is one of the few in the NFC that truly scares me, the saints being the other. Plus, I need you to get well to help me in my fantasy playoffs!!

2. slipkid says: Nov 8, 2009 9:08 PM

boldin is a jackass crybaby. whisenhunt is a damn good coach.
    they are winning without him. does it matter what page boldin is on?
    lets see how well the crybaby does elsewhere next year.

3. Orange&Blue says: Nov 8, 2009 9:10 PM

If he wants to bitch, doing it after a big win is not the time. Another great receiver who cares only about himself. What a baby.
    I guess the writing’s on the wall with Boldin, he’ll be gone soon. Maybe he’ll wind up in Chicago with that other cry baby, Cutler. Both are very talented, but couldn’t care less about their team and actually WINNING football games. Losers.

4. Hooby says: Nov 8, 2009 9:23 PM

anquan thinks ken needs to boldin up, while ken thinks anquan needs to whisen up

5. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Nov 8, 2009 9:34 PM

Anquan’s a competitor, but even he should know that the Cards will need him healthy for the playoffs. Whisenhunt is doing the smart thing here.

6. NomNoms says: Nov 8, 2009 9:40 PM

ohh hooby i bet your zaney zingers are all the rage at your senior citizens home.

7. TFBuckFutter says: Nov 8, 2009 9:48 PM

Wow. That’s weird.
    A game Anquan actually WANTED to play in.

8. GirthyOne says: Nov 8, 2009 10:16 PM

Players want to play. You think he has been playing hurt because he is a whiner? Wow, have you been absent these pasts years.

9. Deadskinsfan says: Nov 8, 2009 10:20 PM

Just once I’d like to hear a diva professional athlete voice a complaint without referring to manhood or respect.

10. TFBuckFutter says: Nov 8, 2009 10:33 PM

“GirthyOne says:
    November 8, 2009 10:16 PM
    I guess it’s too difficult for some of you to consider how Boldin found out he wouldn’t play. I would be pissed off too. You dorks apparently wouldn’t be upset. I guess your used to sitting the pines, so no big deal.”
    You realize we’re talking about the Bob Sanders of Wide Receivers, right?

11. Lombardi 6 says: Nov 8, 2009 10:34 PM

Geez another douchebag wide receiver–Who woulda guessed??

12. Howie Handles says: Nov 8, 2009 10:58 PM

Wow Alquan, how valuable are you? They keep you out and still win by 20 on the road.
    Yet another primadonna athlete. Things were so much simpler when I did read all the crying from the athletes, or perhaps they were more team orientated back in the 70s and 80s.
    Hell, if I was an athlete, I’d be happy as hell to be collecting that check. Whisenhust probably realized that Soldier Field has one of the choppiest fields in the league, and why risk it on a mid season game, especially since they already have the division pretty much locked up.

13. Howie Handles says: Nov 8, 2009 10:58 PM

What a baby. Solider Field has one of the worst fields, why risk it?
    What an ass.

14. trickbunny says: Nov 8, 2009 11:06 PM

This is clearly Eric Mangini’s fault.

15. Hooby says: Nov 8, 2009 11:11 PM

@nomnoms
    im 17…but yes i frequent to some senior citizen homes to tell puns, how did you know

16. WHO DEYvid says: Nov 8, 2009 11:16 PM

I like Hooby
    Boldin’s a turd

17. Eddie Drycleaner says: Nov 8, 2009 11:25 PM

Do you wanna marry him?

18. steelframe says: Nov 8, 2009 11:44 PM

A tough diva WR is still a diva WR. Clearly Warner and his 5 TD passes didn’t miss Boldin too much this week. Enjoy your new team next season, Anquan.

19. Jimsjam33 says: Nov 9, 2009 12:00 AM

I just saw Boldin crying on TV about not being on the active roster for the game . I think California governor Arnold Swartzenegger said it best when describing the cry baby legislators in Sacramento , ” Their a bunch of Girly Men . ” Antwan Boldin welcome to the fraternity of ” wah wah ” players that make too much money and have very little impact on the game .
    The Cardinals despite what Warner and Fitzgerald say DON’T NEED YOU !

20. kickout0381 says: Nov 9, 2009 12:07 AM

Boldin is a great WR, but he’s a jerkoff. Last year right after the Cardinals beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship game, he wasn’t on the field celebrating with his team because he was pissed off that he was replaced by Steve Breaston during part of the game winning drive. Seriously, you just made it to the Super Bowl and you’re pissed off over playing time?! He won’t be happy until he gets an extension and he probably will get it because if the Cardinals were going to trade him, they would’ve during the draft in April.

21. Hovenaut says: Nov 9, 2009 2:56 AM

Hey, the Bears aren’t who we thought they were and all, but it looks to me like ‘Zona can drop this ass. What a dickhead.

22. DonTerrelli says: Nov 9, 2009 6:58 AM

If he’s this pissed now, wait until this time next year when he’s with the Redskins or Raiders.
    LOLZ

23. zappa says: Nov 9, 2009 7:34 AM

If Boldin was a white player he would have been handled differently by the coach, and all of you honkies on this site would be crying he was treated unfairly. GO WHITE DEVILS!

24. slutnuts says: Nov 9, 2009 8:26 AM

best move the cards did was not giving boldin a fitzgerald type contract.. the guys is great, but you cant be paying a receiver 9 million to play in 6 games.

25. bengalstink09 says: Nov 9, 2009 9:20 AM

@ hooby: Still laughing. Florio might have to put that in the body of his next story on the Cardinals and crybaby, steroid injecting Boldy boy!!
    @zappa: GTF outta here dutch bag and STFU. This is cleary not a race issue JA. STFU and get a life and stay off the message boards until you have something meaningful to share. Oh …. that would be never.

26. mborz says: Nov 9, 2009 10:03 AM

@zappa: See Shockey, Jeremy

27. zappa says: Nov 9, 2009 10:27 AM

@bengalstink09
    No need to bring my Dutch heritage into this blog, you DOUCHE BAG STEELER FAN!