Break up the Bucs!

Early in Sunday’s revival of “The Bay of Pigs,” it looked like it could be a good game.  The score was knotted at 14, and there was a vague sense that maybe the Bucs could get their first win since December 2008.

The game seemed to be over when a 12-yard touchdown run from Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers pushed the lead to 28-17.

Since then, however, the Bucs have scored two more touchdowns on passes from rookie Josh Freeman.  The two-point try failed on the first one and succeeded on the second, giving Tampa a 31-28 lead.

The Packers failed to get a first down on their next drive, forcing a punt with 2:05 to play.  Clifton Smith returned the ball to the Green Bay 40.

Permalink 95 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
95 Responses to “Break up the Bucs!”
  1. irishgary says: Nov 8, 2009 4:11 PM

McCarthy has to go. I’ve been saying it for weeks. Rodgers STILL does not know how to get rid of the ball. There is no discipline. This team coaching staff sucks. Same crap every weekend.

2. cannoli says: Nov 8, 2009 4:12 PM

How about just a new offensive line and a zapper that will shock Aaron Rodgers when he holds the ball more than 4 seconds?

3. ErinRodgers says: Nov 8, 2009 4:14 PM

Wow…That young, gritty Bucs team is the best winless team through 8 weeks that I’ve EVER seen!!! Good game Packers, and Karen…you gave it your best and just got beat by the better team today. I’m just glad the Vikings don’t have to play the Bucs…they look tough at home. Especially Josh Freeman….

4. csaber2007 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:18 PM

Oh, cheap heat on that last one there Florio. What, you have an affinity for the Favre felchers now?
    And what, the Bears are smooth sailing now too?
    But hey, let the people run the team, what with all their fantasy football trades and sign every free agent we can…they know what’s best.
    If the Packers get rid of people because the fan’s want them to, I’ll stick with college football and maybe go back to baseball for the foreseeable future. With that thug DeMaurice Smith running the players and Goodell running this league into the ground, baseball will be back on top in no time.

5. danlinker says: Nov 8, 2009 4:20 PM

Pack getting exactly what they deserve.

6. Osterhouse says: Nov 8, 2009 4:21 PM

Clifton Smith had some Percy Harvin esque returns. Wasnt there a bet between a pack fan and vikings on here that the bucs would get 6 sacks and win? hahahaha 52 seconds until that becomes a reality

7. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 8, 2009 4:22 PM

Sir gets Sackedalot stays true to form holding the ball to long once again. I truly enjoyed this one, Green Bay will be lucky to match it’s 6-10 record from last year. One more nail in McCarthy & Thompson’s coffins.
    Oh and by the way….I counted six sacks for those of you with not so nice things to say about me. You know who you are.
    Guess I get the last laugh.

8. Akshun says: Nov 8, 2009 4:23 PM

PACKERS = FAIL!

9. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 4:23 PM

Let’s see all the packer trolls who come to vikings posting boards and talk junk and try to piss on our parade, this is too sweet!

10. launcher says: Nov 8, 2009 4:24 PM

Game over – can’t wait for the Packer bashers to be out in full force. I’m sure we won’t see Bob Nelson for a week or two…or until Florio posts something about the Vikings.

11. lebowski says: Nov 8, 2009 4:25 PM

Bye bye McCarthy. It’s been real. Shitty.

12. leatherneck says: Nov 8, 2009 4:25 PM

Second look Raheem Morris!
    His players love him and play hard for him.

13. Bigskyvikes says: Nov 8, 2009 4:25 PM

I just read the stadium in LA may be home for the Packers.
    I also read that 40% of the state of Wisconsin is actually a Bucs fan. Go figure!
    So they figure going to LA would be the closest move for Buc fans to be close to their new team.
    Im kind of upset because it is so fun to cream the cream puffs twice a year.
    We’ll have to leave that to the Raiders from now on.
    To bad for Pack fans, they lose to the BUCS!!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!

14. Bubba Maximus says: Nov 8, 2009 4:26 PM

I need a little info:
    Can one of the Packer fans give me an update on Aaron Rodgers’ record as a starting QB?
    Thanks a bunch!

15. Twiz says: Nov 8, 2009 4:26 PM

I called it earlier in the week……5 sacks today for Rodgers! Maybe they will take my earlier suggestion and look to the womans prison for help on their O line! LOL
    (Fudge)Packers lose…..Bears lose……Great day today for Vikings fans!!!!!

16. GobiasINC_1 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:27 PM

This was pathetic. Mike McCarthy had a great game plan, if his plan was to turn Aaron Rodgers into David Carr.
    Thompson and McCarthy have to go. And this is from someone who has defended them every step of the way. Their offensive line is record-setting bad. They couldn’t get to the quarterback if their lives depended on it.
    It’s just a pathetic situation to a once proud franchise. And this has nothing to do with Brett Favre, for posters like Fan_Of_Four.

17. ErinRodgers says: Nov 8, 2009 4:28 PM

They doused the coach in GATORADE!!!! The packers are soooo pathetic!!!

18. EskinSux says: Nov 8, 2009 4:29 PM

Is Rodgers waiting for a bus……Or dropping back in the pocket?……….Christ

19. JaredAllen69 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:30 PM

I love it, the Packs gives the Bucs their first win of the year. Where is Bob Nelson? Does he still want to say GB will win the division?

20. irishgary says: Nov 8, 2009 4:31 PM

21. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 8, 2009 4:32 PM

Adam-Chris Scheftersen
    How about them Bucs getting the six pack of sacks I predicted ? Got any cute names for me now or did mommy take away your computer privileges ?

22. dr4iz says: Nov 8, 2009 4:34 PM

Where’s tundrastuck, or shall I say tundrasuck and his big mouth now?

23. myasylum says: Nov 8, 2009 4:34 PM

And this is why Favre left!
    Face it, Favre was right all along. Admit it!
    Thompson is a loser!

24. just_a_cigar says: Nov 8, 2009 4:36 PM

Congrats to Ted Thompson for continuing to destroy the pride & legacy that Wolf, Holmgren & Favre faught so hard to bring back to Green Bay. Your ultimate goal of destroying Packer football & splitting the fan base by turning many of us against the icon who made our franchise great again is nearing completion. Should you see a bus rolling full speed down Lombardi Avenue, feel free to step directly in front of it.

25. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 8, 2009 4:37 PM

cannoli says:
    November 8, 2009 4:12 PM
    LMAO, the zapper idea is great my dog has one and hates it. I just got word of a mass suicide at Jimmy Smiths house, I guess Bob Nelson is organizing it.

26. employer says: Nov 8, 2009 4:38 PM

JimmySmith.
    I hope so badly that you read this.
    Last fall we entered into some banter about the disparity between the Packers and Vikings.
    You had stated how your beloved Packers were so very superior to my Vikings and had indicated that I was a delusional fool based on my predictions for this year.
    I’ve kept my mouth shut until now, but can no longer contain what was so blatantly obvious during our brief dialogue last fall.
    It’s official. The Packers suck. And further more, you suck too. Don’t ever talk football to me again. Your fascination with being right, as well as your disdain for all things viking, including their fans, has clouded what little football knowledge that you may think you possess.
    I’m right. Your not. Please STFU.
    Idiot

27. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 4:41 PM

irishgary says:
    November 8, 2009 4:31 PM
    Instead of analyzing your own team, you come on here and take shots at a far superior football team.
    Vikings need pass rush they trade for Jared Allen
    Vikings need a game changing special teams and receiver they draft Percy Harvin
    vikings owners make zero money yet they go out and spend on what they need. Might be time for the Packers to spend some of that money that Sconnies so loyally dump into their team like they dump paint thinner and rubbing alcohol down their throats

28. stetai says: Nov 8, 2009 4:42 PM

I owe everyone an apology. I once said the Packers can’t beat teams with winning records, and can only handle bottom feeders.
    As it turns out, they can only handle the Rams, Lions, and Browns, and literally that’s it. Here’s looking at 4-12!!!
    Packer suck and I’m loving it!!! May Brett reign forever!!! Victory!!!! Victory!!!!

29. Twiz says: Nov 8, 2009 4:43 PM

irishgary says: November 8, 2009 4:31 PM
    ________________________________
    All the smack talk till the last two weeks. Now the best you can do is bring up the past. However that does explain oh so much. All they have left is to bring up the past. Course that explains a lot. The (Fudge)Packers are now living in the years BEFORE Favre came to down when they sucked so bad!!!!!!!

30. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 4:43 PM

where are thou Bob Nelson? Probably giving his wife the half nelson!!!

31. EskinSux says: Nov 8, 2009 4:48 PM

Irishgary……..so..you are blaming the pack losing to a team that hasn’t won a game….to the viking fans on PFT?……Not a fan of either franchise, but that was sad, really sad……Why not post your anger at an unprepared team?…Who lost a game, they never should have….How is this the Vikings fans fault, what do do expect a rival team to say?….Nice try?……lol

32. marshall70 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:48 PM

Erin Rodgers was the king of the world celebrating scoring a TV against the Bucs. What a hero

33. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 8, 2009 4:49 PM

Ted Thompson Quote : The proof is in the pudding !
    Uh, Teddy you might want to check the expiration date on your pudding.
    Mike McCarthy Quote: The Train has left the building !
    Yup and flew right off the track right into the ravine.

34. marshall70 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:51 PM

Game
    Set
    Match…………………….

35. wrath4771 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:52 PM

Congratulations to the Bucs – for a team that was 0-7 they showed a lot of heart and obviously haven’t given up on Raheem. I’ve defended McCarthy and Thompson over the last couple of years, but now I thinnk you have to turn on the hot seat for both of them. The offensive line has been atrocious since Thompson took over and Clifton and Tauscher are to old tob effective anymore. McCarthy has to take a lot of heat for the insane amount of penalties the team takes. The special teams are horrible and you have to wonder why the defense struggles with the 3-4 when you see the Broncos and Saints thriving. On top of that, you ahve like five first round picks on that defense, so it shouldn’t be lack of talent. Again though, congrats to the Bucs – they deserved to win that game.

36. cvh2009 says: Nov 8, 2009 4:55 PM

WAIT! I cant wait for the Vikes-PACK-ing(it-ins) rematch in the play-offs either! Ha-ha. As if that is ever going to happen. dur—dur-dur-in-ere- Go-Pack-Go! (Back down in the cellar) Haha.
    I’m curious if there has been any scientific testing taking place in Wisconsin, I think the cheese has gone bad! Might want to look into it. Down with Pasteurization! It’s dead cheese!

37. Osterhouse says: Nov 8, 2009 4:57 PM

Bigskyvikes says:
    November 8, 2009 4:25 PM
    I just read the stadium in LA may be home for the Packers.
    Im kind of upset because it is so fun to cream the cream puffs twice a year.
    We’ll have to leave that to the Raiders from now on.
    To bad for Pack fans, they lose to the BUCS!!!!!!!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!
    ——————————-
    Easy there big fella…your making us look bad.
    1. GB is closer to LA than TB
    2. Dont jinx us with that “this is our year” stuff
    3. Easy on the caps
    4. Easy on the exclamation points

38. packers4life says: Nov 8, 2009 4:58 PM

“I just read the stadium in LA may be home for the Packers.
    They figure the NFC north is to tough of a league for the Pack, so it would be a perfect fit for the LOSERS to go there, to ease up their competition.”
    In case you haven’t noticed, they are 4-4. Not 0-7 or 1-6.
    and oh yeah. It is nearly impossible for the Packers to move. That isn’t the case for the Vikings. They may be 8-1 but that still doesn’t remove them from the list of worthless franchises that may move to LA.. After all, their fanbase is crap and the state isn’t letting them build a new stadium.

39. redsquare says: Nov 8, 2009 5:00 PM

The Bucs really, really, really, really need to KEEP those throwback uniforms. In this age of terrible uniform design, those orange suits are a breath of fresh air. I say, toss out those boring, tired, bronze-y skull outfits and go back to the orange. It’s fashionable, it’s fun, and they sure played like demons in them.
    I have nothing against the Packers, but I was rooting for those orange unis today. It helped create such an atmosphere of fun. C’mon, Bucs, liven up the No Fun League!

40. JaredAllen69 says: Nov 8, 2009 5:07 PM

# irishgary says: November 8, 2009 4:31 PM
    ***********************************************
    Awwww, somebody is cranky because their Fudgepackers lost today.

41. Laxer37 says: Nov 8, 2009 5:08 PM

Pretty sure I saw Favre high-fiving guys on the Tampa Bay sideline.

42. tcgreenmn says: Nov 8, 2009 5:10 PM

Hey Irish, you Green Bay gals always want to talk about penises…is it because you suck?

43. DocBG says: Nov 8, 2009 5:13 PM

laughing ones ass off in a situation like this is uncalled for, the bucs did not play like a typical 0-7 (well, 1-7 now) team. but the packers sucked a big one today, and their fans should be absolutely ashamed. Odds are that instead of hanging their heads in disgust, they will continue to run their mouths about TT being the greatest thing since cable TV (which they just got in GB 2 years ago), and how the vikes are just a “lucky” team.
    Thank you GB for making the Vikings bye week worthwhile, we all appreciate it.

44. FavreHasAVagina says: Nov 8, 2009 5:15 PM

45. GBP says: Nov 8, 2009 5:15 PM

I am a huge Green Bay fan, I mean, I named my dog Brett for cying out loud (a little dissapointed with that decision now but moving on…). As utterly embarrassing as todays loss to the worst team in the NFL was, I have to say, I am more than ok with it. You see, I am sick of GB being a mediocre, and often, wildly undisciplined team. The point I am getting to is maybe, performances like todays will show Mark Murphy (GB’s President) that Ted Thompson really has to go.
    Any replacement will be accepted, but what would be really nice is if we could pick up Cowher next year as either, or, or both, a GM/HC. Maybe I should just be happy with a TT firing.

46. Majik Man says: Nov 8, 2009 5:17 PM

Wasn’t Adam-Chris Scheftersen trying to make wagers and guaranteeing that GB would not lose, and there was no way Rodgers would take 6 sacks? Wonder if we’ll ever hear from him again…

47. Favreception says: Nov 8, 2009 5:17 PM

For those who think it’s wrong that Packer fans want a change let me ask you this. It is now Year 5 of the Ted and Mike show and we just lost mid-season to an 0-7 team. Is this progress? How long exactly do we wait for Ted’s plan to actually produce results? 2007 was a fluke if that wasn’t clearly obvious to some of you by now. I would think that by year 5 we’d be looking at 12-4 and a top 3 seed in the playoffs. Well,Green Bay won’t even make the playoffs and may be dead before Thanksgiving. That tough December slate might be a moot point as none of those games will matter. Is that acceptable?
    As for Rodgers. Go back and see if holding the ball too long was a problem last year.
    Please tell me the last time Greg Jennings took over a game. James Jones is Mister 2 big plays a season and the rest of the time he’s the invisible man.
    DD is NOT a #1 WR.
    And do any of you honestly think Favre matters on this team? Favre under that sort of pressure would be throwing interceptions left and right. Ok,fine..so Favre would have 10 fewer sacks but 10 more picks. Difference? I see none.
    Kampman is a bust in 3-4. Raji has had no impact. Grant is slower than Grandma in mud. No speed at TE. Every freaking kick return for good yardage is called back by a penalty McCarthy said he would “clean up”.
    I don’t want Ted and Mike fired because of Favre. I want them fired because this plan of building through mediocre drafts is a clear FAILURE!

48. Wiscdave says: Nov 8, 2009 5:22 PM

irishgary says:
    “well for the ViQueen bitches who want to come out and beat their penis, you are still 0-4 in super bowls and the only possibility of a change in that would be 0-5″
    We have a new definition of sour grapes.

49. csaber2007 says: Nov 8, 2009 5:22 PM

“Akshun says: November 8, 2009 4:23 PM
    PACKERS = FAIL!
    Still waiting to hear all those Packers fans who think getting rid of Favre was a great idea lol..”
    Once again, he retired, he was not pushed out. Would be nice if you retards would get your facts straight.

50. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 8, 2009 5:30 PM

dr4iz says:
    November 8, 2009 4:34 PM
    Where’s tundrastuck, or shall I say tundrasuck and his big mouth now?
    Sorry to inform you of the bad news but TundraSuck commited suicide after the Vikes mopped up his beloved paQueers last week. No one has seen him on a PFT thread since the beatdown in LamBlow by his former hero and idle.

51. Bucsfan90 says: Nov 8, 2009 5:33 PM

Great Day! Where you at now hammer90????

52. Favreception says: Nov 8, 2009 5:38 PM

Ok,so GB keeps Favre. How many times in 16 years did Favre lead a ‘bad’ GB team to the Super Bowl?
    Zero.
    How many times in 16 years did Favre lead a good Packer team to the Super Bowl? Twice.
    This is a bad Packer team. If GB is looking at 7-9 right now you could maybe make the case for 8-8 with Favre. Pack probably would beat Minnesota once assuming Jackson is their QB.
    Wow…7 wins or 8 wins. Whoopie.
    The Favre debate is a waste of time. What’s done is done..he’s gone regardless of why or who’s fault it was. At this point we have to look at how Ted and Mike run this team and it’s NOT WORKING!
    AJ Hawk was a top 5 pick and still has zero impact plays through 4 seasons.
    Justin Harrell was a #16. BUST.
    Packers took Jordy Nelson over DeSean Jackson.
    Packers took Harrell over Greg Olsen.
    Packers took Hawk over Vernon Davis.
    Ted has dropped the ball every stinkin’ year.

53. packers4life says: Nov 8, 2009 5:44 PM

“And those Packer WR’s are OVERRATED.
    DD is NOT a #1 WR. ”
    They may not been that dominating but they are far better then the Viking WRs and Driver is having just as good of year as Sidney Rice…at age 34.
    “Kampman is a bust in 3-4. Raji has had no impact. ”
    Kampman may not been dominating but he isn’t a bust. He has been getting pressure on the QB like crazy. and you seem to go right on by Clay Matthews and instead go straight to Raji. Afraid to admit that Matthews is having a great rookie season and was a great pick? Yeah thought so.
    “Perhaps the fact he has a 2nd year guy at RT,a rookie GUARD at LT….a POS at LG…a midget center. And those Packer WR’s are OVERRATED. ”
    Moron, Mark Tauscher started at RT and Chad Clifton started at LT. Man, are you stupid. No surprise your a Viking fan.

54. Favreception says: Nov 8, 2009 5:48 PM

Zero.
    Wow…7 wins or 8 wins. Whoopie.
    AJ Hawk was a top 5 pick and still has zero impact plays through 4 seasons.
    Justin Harrell was a #16. BUST.
    Packers took Jordy Nelson over DeSean Jackson.
    Packers took Harrell over Greg Olsen.
    Packers took Hawk over Vernon Davis.
    Ted has dropped the ball every stinkin’ year.

55. kdawg says: Nov 8, 2009 5:48 PM

Favreception says:
    November 8, 2009 5:17 PM
    A FLUKE? You GB Fans still do not get it! Favre carried the youngest least talented team to a 13-3 record and almost the Superbowl and you fans RAN HIM OUT OF TOWN!! You absolutely deserve this! I have listened to you all online since and it was all his fault for the int in OT. So What? He was your team!!!!

56. irishgary says: Nov 8, 2009 5:50 PM

Wow, so many of you queens can read, or is it you just post under different names. No that would take an IQ in double digits. leaves all of you out.
    OK Queenies you still have Chilly as a coach which = no super bowl also your Prima Donna QB goes in the hall as a………guess what? PACKER,
    Allen another teams pick as well.
    you have a shitty organization and are losers.

57. launcher says: Nov 8, 2009 5:51 PM

“# FavreHasAVagina says: November 8, 2009 5:15 PM
    I LOVE how all the loser Viqueens have nothing better to do then comment on how the packers lose just so they can put something about the Viqueers in a packer post.. ALL THE VIKING FANS CAN EAT A FAT…………DICK”
    Nice post…I’ve had more intelligent conversations with my 4 yr old nephew.
    And by the way, get a new login name. Nobody takes you serious with a name like that.
    Idiot

58. edgy says: Nov 8, 2009 5:55 PM

I really thought they were going to struggle to 0-16 but you gotta give them credit.
    P.S. – Feel like a challenge? http://www.boards.edgy-sports.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2324

59. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 8, 2009 5:57 PM

LMAO at all the comments. I love it when the paQUEERS lose but it is even better when they lose to a team that is winless & 1 of the WORST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE!

60. irishgary says: Nov 8, 2009 6:00 PM

EskinSux;
    Bozo, did you read the first comment on this one, it’s mine as well. I’ve been rippiing McCarthy since the second week.
    You are sad and a Moron, you really must be a Queens fan in drag.

61. Crushitlong says: Nov 8, 2009 6:03 PM

3 STOOGES GOTTA GO
    Murphy, Thompson, McCarthy.
    Wouldn’t Cowher look good in green and yellow?

62. "Hate" says: Nov 8, 2009 6:06 PM

this Buc fan enjoyed every minute of it. The site of the throwbacks in Ray Jay was a site to behold.

63. Majik Man says: Nov 8, 2009 6:11 PM

packers4life says: November 8, 2009 5:44 PM
    _________________
    Actually, super genius, the guy you are referring to is a Packer fan. It’s not hard to figure out if you actually read the entire post. And if you have an IQ over 40. After reading the garbage you constantly spew on here, I’m guessing the IQ thing is where you went wrong.

64. Majik Man says: Nov 8, 2009 6:18 PM

# irishgary says: November 8, 2009 5:50 PM
    Allen another teams pick as well.
    you have a shitty organization and are losers.
    _______________
    Is it just me, or is everyone else struggling to make heads or tails of this post? I’m pretty sure he’s trying to insult the quality of the team that currently has a 3 game lead in the division after playing only 8.
    Please stop posting on here, you’re embarrassing the entire human race.

65. marshall70 says: Nov 8, 2009 6:23 PM

If there ever was a fanbase in need of a lesson in humility it would have to be Packer fans. I can’t help but respect the teams history (1960’s). That being said the Packer fans have acted like they were kings of the world for 15 years. I’m happy for your 1996 championship and all. Congrats

66. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 6:24 PM

irishgary says:
    November 8, 2009 5:50 PM
    Youre funny. Sconny girls are fat, ugly and bucktoothed. You know the “tooth”brush was invented in Wisconsin, cuz had it been invented in Minnesota we would have had the good sense to call it a “teeth” brush

67. VikingsPimp says: Nov 8, 2009 6:25 PM

Skol VIKINGS!! Atleast the Packers can get a head start on scouting for that top 10 pick in the draft next season.

68. kdawg says: Nov 8, 2009 6:30 PM

How bout a little love for Josh Freeman his first career start! Way to go man!

69. steve says: Nov 8, 2009 6:37 PM

i guess its the coaching. it seems like we have too many good players to lose these type of games. its effing frustrating being a packer fan right now. we look like a mid level team and we have too much talent to be in the bottom tier. this sux!

70. Hosstyle In Tampa says: Nov 8, 2009 6:44 PM

SUCK IT PACK FANS….YOUR TEAM IS GARBAGE
    Packfan4Life, You’re an idiot…go eat some bratwurst and cheese…you guys never should have let Favre leave…LOL

71. Crushitlong says: Nov 8, 2009 7:04 PM

Aikman dropped a sutle hint during the last packer/Viking game, something along the line “That everyone assumes Brett was forced out, but maybe Brett really didn’t want to come back to this team”. and then he added that that thought never gets discussed. Maybe it should, because if anyone knows the mess McCarthy and Thompson have created its #4.
    Cowher and Capers. Sounds good to me.

72. Lamblow Field filled with Dairyland Drunks says: Nov 8, 2009 7:33 PM

At least GreenGay gave it there all. Way to play the winless Bucs tough champs, better luck next time. LOL

73. FavreHasAVagina says: Nov 8, 2009 7:43 PM

Hey Launcher your WIFE took me seriously, literally took ALL OF ME seriously.
    Here’s to you having to brush your teeth everytime you kiss her.

74. JpBirdman says: Nov 8, 2009 8:18 PM

Maybe all these Viking “fans” should actually show up and support their team at the dome if they love them so much. Your team is having a great year, and the place STILL is having trouble even filling up.
    Stop wasting your time trashing Wisconsin, which is obviously your measuring stick for everything. I don’t know what made you into a bunch of haters. All you seem to want to do is rip on the Pack. Yeah, they’re struggling and whatever. It happens.
    Go support your team if you want to keep them from moving to LA. Either way, the Vikings always choke and all of you Viking supporters that are completely ignorant when it comes to football will shut up yet again.
    And I didn’t make this rule. It’s a general man law:
    REAL men do NOT wear purple.

75. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 8, 2009 8:28 PM

The post Favre era in Green bay has been a disaster.
    Pack Fan: First you boo the only good thing to happen in GB since Lombardi himself, and now these comments after losing to the lowly Bucs.
    A little class goes a long way, just ask Brett.
    He has some.

76. Vikes-N-Favre says: Nov 8, 2009 8:44 PM

# FavreHasAVagina says: November 8, 2009 7:43 PM
    Hey Launcher your WIFE took me seriously, literally took ALL OF ME seriously.
    Here’s to you having to brush your teeth everytime you kiss her.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Seriously? All you are doing is proving all the people right that say GB fans are a bunch in inbreds that talk shit all the time.
    Your post also means jack squat seeing as though you are probably a 14 year old boy whose favorite part of gym class is the showers after you see all the other little boys sweat. Get a life jackass.

77. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 8, 2009 10:14 PM

“Coupled with a sweep of the Packers by Brett Favre, a loss to the woeful Bucs could be enough to spark loud calls in the vicinity of Lambeau Field for a new General Manager and a new head coach.”
    Florio, where exactly have you been the last few years? Clearly NOT following Green Bay, or else you would realize said loud calls are nothing new. They are getting more and more justified each week though.
    What a complete and utter meltdown today. Tauscher comes back just to get hurt again, Barbie leads the Baby Swiss to six sacks (and one that should have been a safety), AGAIN. Rodgers posts amazing numbers while lying on the turf, also again, and Harris talks big just to get humiliated, again, and this time by a rookie QB making his first start ever, and McCarthy’s failure to instill discipline becomes even more evident than it already was, AGAIN.
    Fellow Pack fans: are you okay with this crap going on week after week after week? Thompson has run this team into the ground and then started digging. Even the most blind homer in the world, and by that I mean Bob, can see that.. The only ones that can honestly say they appreciate what Ted has done for us are VIKING FANS!!
    Another week, another humiliating loss. You’d think I’d be used to it by now. I defy anyone to come up with a valid argument why Thompson should even stay until the end of THIS season, let alone a few more. Enough was enough a long time ago.
    Now, with that out of the way, congrats to the Bucs for the win. Josh Freeman looks like a true pro, one who can potentially lead that team for years. I also heard the announcers comment on the quality blocking up front at least twice. That’s a phrase I don’t hear too often anymore. The pieces are there for sure. I’ll look for you guys to pick up a couple more in the offseason and then make quite a run next year.

78. Supersuckers says: Nov 8, 2009 10:31 PM

NFL Clowns,
    (as am I)
    Losing this game isn’t on Thompson. It’s obvious for the most part the talent is there. Ted Thompson cannot prevent a blocked punt. Ted Thompson cannot tackle on kickoff coverage. Ted Thompson can’t get rid of the ball. ted Thompson cannot call the plays to get guys open. Anyone that denies the TALENT is there is a football idiot. I know nothing. But I DID listen to 3 hours of packer post game on the radio and McCarthy sounded like a guy ready to resign. He won’t because winners do not quit. We are 4-4. Lets stop bashing and try to beat Dallas at home and cure all of this and get back in the hunt for the tournament. (winning breeds winning) Usually in Wisconsin 1 win shuts up the HATERS. Life is too short to hate.

79. packers4life says: Nov 8, 2009 10:48 PM

How do some of your idiot Viking fans think the Packers are one of the worst teams in the league??? Yeah they lost the Buccaneers but we are still 4-4 and not even close to be out of the playoffs. Plus, last time I checked the Eagles lost to the Raiders, who are just as bad as the Bucs but are they one of the worst teams in the league? Nope that loss was just a fluke for them.
    ” have acted like they were kings of the world for 15 years”
    and right now Viking fans are acting like they are kings of the world when they’re actually not.

80. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 8, 2009 10:49 PM

Wow Suck, I didn’t expect to see you here so soon. I take off my hat to you for having the guts to come on take the verbal beating you’ve earned.
    Losing this game (and the last one) IS COMPLETELY on Thompson. Those 3 FBs, that you said we needed for special teams, haven’t made much of a difference. You think the talent is there?? TALENT can make blocks, tackles, prevent sacks, and with regard to coaching talent, can call the proper plays and prevent all these penalties. Talent, which your good buddy Ted has failed to obtain.
    Yeah we’re 4-4. I’ll let you be proud of that, because I am sure not. Winners don’t quit, that’s for sure, but winners don’t currently wear green and yellow either. We just lost to TAMPA, with a QB making his first start to boot. You think we have a prayer against Dallas, an actual decent team? You think we have any chance of “getting back in the tournament” after today? If so, you’re out of your mind.
    Life is too short to let this disaster continue. It needs to be fixed now. Not after five more losing seasons like you seem to want, not even at the end of this season. NOW.
    One PLAYOFF win will shut me up. Since that’s obviously not happening, I’ll keep talking, and you can just keep trying to out-homer Bob Nelson and heaping praise on a team that’s 7-9 at best. As stated in another thread, I want to win.

81. launcher says: Nov 8, 2009 10:52 PM

FavreHasAVagina,
    Thanks for proving my point with your last post.

82. Majik Man says: Nov 8, 2009 11:00 PM

Ted Thompson hired that ass clown you call a coach. And he put together that defense, and hand picked the coordinator, which gave up 38 to the worst team in football. And, oh yeah, he ran that one guy out of town so he could move on with his guy, who doesn’t seem to realize that the guys in the other jerseys are trying to tackle him.
    Other than that stuff, Thompson had nothing to do with this loss.

83. Supersuckers says: Nov 8, 2009 11:13 PM

Well Beer Cheese I don’t know what to tell you. one of the “3 FB’s” was inactive today. Gee wizz Beer Read Perlisso’s chat tonight so you can get level headed. Is there problem’s? OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remeber 2003? 6-6 after week 12 and we ended up one Favre heave from the title game. Things need to be corrected. Thompson and McCarthy WILL NOT be fired tomorrow. McCarthy is now on the hot seat for the rest of the year. Thompson has provided the talent. McCarthy?…its on him. Lets see how the second half of the season goes huh? Shooting from the hip and making knee jerk comments without counting to ten is a sign of bad decision making. Thank GOD you, Beer Cheese Soup, has nothing to do with the Green Bay Packers. really….THANK YOU GOD!

84. Supersuckers says: Nov 8, 2009 11:16 PM

Please remeber clowns that do not think with anything other than emotion,

85. purple digger says: Nov 9, 2009 12:36 AM

For the Packers to make the playoffs they are going to need to be a 10-6 team, they would need to win 6 of there last 8 games. I do not see that happening. Maybe AR stats can mean something next year

86. FavreHasAVagina says: Nov 9, 2009 1:11 AM

Launcher & Vikes-n-Favre, you 2 viQueers give eachother a little kissy poo before turning out the lights? Queers. This is the first time the Vikings gave been good in……ummm….EVER? Talk all the shit you want it’s the first time you’ve been able to in…….EVER. Just remember you losers aren’t 3 games up with MN football players, you’re 3 games up with GB players. BTW tell the wifey I’d like visitation rights.

87. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 9, 2009 2:53 AM

Supersuckers says:
    Well Beer Cheese I don’t know what to tell you. one of the “3 FB’s” was inactive today. Gee wizz Beer Read Perlisso’s chat tonight so you can get level headed. Is there problem’s? OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thompson and McCarthy WILL NOT be fired tomorrow. McCarthy is now on the hot seat for the rest of the year. Thompson has provided the talent. McCarthy?…its on him. Lets see how the second half of the season goes huh? Shooting from the hip and making knee jerk comments without counting to ten is a sign of bad decision making.
    ____________________________________
    -I know one of the 3 FBs was inactive. Having three taking up roster spots is dumb enough, NO ONE is stupid enough to dress all three. Learn to recognize sarcasm, it will help you a lot on this site.
    -Why would I want to read anything written by that hack (or his “special friend” Vandermause)? I’m still trying to figure out how he even can see what he’s typing with his tongue permanently wedged in Thompson’s ass. The GBPG has been a complete joke for the last few years. I read more than enough Ted-lust as it is, I don’t need to deliberately seek it out.
    -McCarthy being on the hot seat is nothing new, and Ted is right there with him whether you refuse to accept it or not. He has brought in SOME talent (Rodgers, Jennings, Woodson, Jenkins), but he has utterly failed where it matters, and the current record shows that.
    “Some people try to find things in this game that don’t exist, but football is really only two things-blocking and tackling.”-Vince Lombardi.
    Guess what. No one on the current Pack roster can block worth a damn, and the tackling isn’t much better. Ted is a great accountant, but he doesn’t seem to know much about football. If he DID know about football, as Lombardi did, he’d have addressed those issues LONG before they got this bad. You’re right, a knee-jerk reaction IS bad decision making, but it’s still arguably better than ignoring a glaring need for years at a time.
    So you know, none of this is anything against you personally. I am just tired of the losing that is the hallmark of the Thompson regime, and you make yourself an easy target by continuing to defend him despite the obvious failures he has made, and the damage he’s done to the fanbase.
    I left you a reply in the Erasmus James thread that I feel sums up the differences between your point of view and my own. You should check it out if you haven’t. At the end of the day we’re both Pack fans, we just have differing opinions as to what that means.

88. PervyHarvin says: Nov 9, 2009 8:52 AM

irishgary says:
    November 8, 2009 4:31 PM
    FavreHasAVagina says:
    November 8, 2009 5:15 PM
    ————————————————–
    WOW! A humiliating Packer loss sure brings out the TRUE sausage lovers eh? Maybe you two should get a room and have an inbred family reunion. Call it a picnic. Then the two of you can fight about when to eat the lil’ sausage and who gets to toss the salad. Freaks!

89. mixman34 says: Nov 9, 2009 10:01 AM

@ FavreHasAVagina
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH A little bitter you’re team sucks so bad?! It’s ok you can come watch your poster boy on the good side of the river. It’s ok we won’t tell.. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

90. launcher says: Nov 9, 2009 1:05 PM

@ FavreHasAVagina
    Your posts about my wife are getting a lot funnier. Keep up the great commentary.

91. mborz says: Nov 9, 2009 1:34 PM

Supersuckers said: “The 1997 Green Bay Packers gave up 41 to the 0-10 Colts in a loss and the Pack was in the super bowl later that year. If you want to give up give up. I will not subscribe to that loser mentality.”
    It’s probably worth nothing that the loss to the 1997 Colts dropped the Packers record to 8-3 (.727) . This year’s loss to the Bucs dropped their record to 4-4 (.500).

92. Supersuckers says: Nov 9, 2009 2:02 PM

mborz,
    Thankfully we have 8 games left instead of 5! You would agree correct!!?

93. mborz says: Nov 9, 2009 3:18 PM

@Supersuckers: Yes, I agree. I’m not a Packers or Vikings fan, but I admire your optimism.

94. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 9, 2009 3:33 PM

Suck says:
    Thankfully we have 8 games left instead of 5! You would agree correct!!?
    ____________________________________
    We do have eight games left, but I for one am not thankful for that. Things have not gotten any better, the problems McCarthy is “tired of hearing about” have not been addressed. We’ve suffered enough humiliation this season already. I’d rather just get it over with so we can get into the offseason and make some MUCH-needed changes.
    The easiest part of our schedule is over, and we’re 4-4, 4 games back from first place in our division. We just lost by two scores to a 0-7 team. We average four sacks a game, and next up is Dallas, with DeMarcus Ware. I can’t see that ending well, other than maybe being an opportunity to see how a 3-4 defense is SUPPOSED to be run.
    I’d love to know exactly why you think things are going to be any different in the second half of the season than they were the first. Do tell.

95. packers4life says: Nov 9, 2009 8:31 PM

BeerCheeseSoup,
    What you said about the Packers’ three fullbacks, John Kuhn isn’t that bad. Sure he muffed that block on the punt but all in all, he is a good receiver and a good run blocker.