Jerry Jones won't talk about Wade Phillips' future

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips is a lame duck.  And he’s the worst kind of lame duck; under the terms of his current deal, Phillips won’t be a free agent in 2010.

Phillips’ contract expires after the 2009 season, but the team holds an option for one more year.

And owner Jerry Jones wisely isn’t commenting on whether that option will be exercised.

“Since there’s been absolutely nothing in my mind but the fact I have
an option for him next year, that’s as far as we need to go,” Jones
said on his weekly Dallas radio show, via the San Antonio Express-News.  “And I’m proud that today we’ve had some
success and that the things Wade can bring to the table are showing. . . .  It wouldn’t benefit our fans at all for me to discuss his status for
next year.”

But at some point it could benefit the locker room to know that Phillips no longer is a lame duck, and that he’ll definitely be back in 2010.  And maybe that day is coming.  Our best guess is that it would happen if at all not long after the Cowboys win their first playoff game since 1996.

Then again, Jones also has a habit of changing his mind.

Just ask T.O.

The only sure thing is that Jones has been and will be carefully pondering all of his options, and that he likely will wait as long as possible before committing to a course of action for the future.

There’s also a chance that, before making a decision as to whether Phillips stays, Jones will talk to potential replacements.  He’s got a habit of doing that, too.

Just ask Dave Campo.

Permalink 57 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
57 Responses to “Jerry Jones won't talk about Wade Phillips' future”
  1. Steeler4life says: Nov 12, 2009 9:09 AM

Jerruh Jones is an idiot. I wish he would give himself the ax. It would be nice if Phillips takes them to the NFC Championship game then leaves Jones’ sorry a$$.

2. SirSuperSouthern says: Nov 12, 2009 9:16 AM

I was born and raised in Texas so I can speak for us all:
    We like you, Wade, but this is a business. There are some other really good options out there this off-season just waiting for the right amount of power and money. If you don’t win at least one playoff game this year you’re done in Dallas…
    Sincerely
    - Captain Obvious

3. leatherneck says: Nov 12, 2009 9:38 AM

Isn’t Wade Phillips something like 28-12 in wins and losses as a head coach? SNF put out a statistic to that effect.

4. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 12, 2009 9:39 AM

5. raybin says: Nov 12, 2009 9:39 AM

I think it’s a pretty simple formula.
    Win a playoff game = Wade stays
    Miss the playoffs/lose a playoff game = Wade goes

6. Bill In DC says: Nov 12, 2009 9:45 AM

An Owner ‘endorsement’ by ANY Owner, not just Jerry, is not worth the electronic bits used to display it. I don’t know why you seem to be trying to indicate that this is a ‘Jerry Jones’ specific behavior.

7. sammm says: Nov 12, 2009 9:50 AM

Wade is Jerry’s puppet. Who would he get to replace him?

8. chunky soupy sales says: Nov 12, 2009 9:54 AM

So he won’t comment on it and Florio is, like, “Jones won’t comment!” But if he DID comment, then changed his mind, Florio would be all, like , ” OMG!!! Jerry Jones said this and now he changed his mind!! who does he think he is??OMG!!”
    Dude, find another nail to hammer on.

9. penguininbondage says: Nov 12, 2009 10:04 AM

10. raybin says: Nov 12, 2009 10:08 AM

Oops…by “lose a playoff game” I mean “lose the first playoff game.” Management regrets the error.

11. Jersuza says: Nov 12, 2009 10:10 AM

Jon Gruden becomes Head Coach, Phillips becomes Defensive Coordinator and Jason Garrett becomes Jones’ limo driver.

12. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 10:13 AM

“All joking aside, I don’t think Jones will fire Phillips because as long as Phillips is there, Jones gets to coach the team through him.”
    So you’re saying that it was Jerry Jones that outcoached Andy Reid?

13. BaintheA says: Nov 12, 2009 10:14 AM

This isn’t news. Would you talk about Wade Phillips’ contract? No. So why is everyone so shocked that Jerry isn’t. He hasn’t done anything worthy of a new contract. The only way Wade stays is if the Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship game or better, and as a Cowboys fan, that’s not going to happen . Even if they win one playoff game, he won’t be back. Wade is not the long term answer and everyone knows this.

14. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 10:14 AM

“Of course he could always habg his hat on the fact that the cowboys have five superbowls. At least that’s the argument their fans always give when recent failures are pointed out. ”
    Only to fans of crappy teams that have never won even one Super Bowl.

15. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 10:15 AM

“Wade is Jerry’s puppet. Who would he get to replace him?”
    Andy Reid may be available but I believe the idea is to upgrade, not downgrade.

16. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 12, 2009 10:21 AM

Anything short of the NFC Championship game will be a failure and will lead to Phillips leaving.
    If the Cowgirls get blown out there he will probably be gone too.
    The chance to settle for a playoff win has passed, with so many big names on the market they need to win a few playoff games and hope the Saints don’t embarrass them like they did to the Eagurls and Giants.

17. Cubano says: Nov 12, 2009 10:34 AM

Hey Cowboys Fans, Jim Zorn will soon be available. He comes w/ his own leash and is already neutered. Think it over and get back to me.
    Sincerely,
    Dan Snyder

18. chunky soupy sales says: Nov 12, 2009 10:48 AM

“Then again, Jones also has a habit of changing his mind.
    Just ask T.O. ”
    You’ll have to find him first. He seems to have dropped off the earth.
    Any other owner who drops a player who becomes so sucky would be praised.
    Jerry made a great decision that has helped his team a great deal.

19. VonClausewitz says: Nov 12, 2009 10:54 AM

Jerry Jones, whatever his faults are, isn’t an idiot. He’s given the tools to his HC’s over the past few years to win with. And they haven’t. So of course he will refrain from commenting about Wade Phillips status until the season is done. As he should. I’m not sure how this makes Phillips a lame duck. Certainly he would be a lame duck if Jerry said he’s not renewing the contract.
    Wade Phillips knows that he needs to win, and he needs to win this year. What does “win” mean? That’s up to Jerry to decide. As it should be. So I’m a little confused that he’s receiving heat for taking his responsibilities as an owner, well, responsibly.
    If there is any criticism that can be laid at Jerry’s feet it’s that he hasn’t done anything to stop the culture of stardom that pervades the Cowboys and which, ironically, prevents them from being stars. That’s it. If you want to complain about him as an owner that should be your biggest beef. If you want to complain about him for spending millions of dollars to build awesome stadiums or for marketing his team well or for bringing in talent, then you have your head up your ass. He’s been fair to his HC’s and he’s done a better job as owner than most. Let’s give some credit where credit’s due.

20. penguininbondage says: Nov 12, 2009 10:56 AM

See that’s what I mean. Real fans realize that their was a league and thus championships before the Superbowl ever existed.

21. Deb says: Nov 12, 2009 11:01 AM

@chunky soup sales … you’re right that Jones would be damned if he did and damned if he didn’t. But he’s the one who chooses to make himself the center of the Cowboys media glare, so he must enjoy the pounding of that hammer. The owners who stay out of the spotlight don’t generate these kinds of articles.
    As for Cowboys coaching, Parcells to Phillips was already a surprising downgrade given Wade’s previous record. Proven winners like Holmgren and Shanahan would want control of their teams. No matter what Jones promised, they’d be wary after watching the Parcells/TO drama. They don’t want the owner overruling them on players. Maybe Gruden? Chuckie’s a QB’s coach, he’s hungry enough to put up with Jones, and Dallas is a gem franchise.
    It would be cold to drop Wade if the Cowboys do win their first playoff game in 13 years. But I don’t see him being there much longer.

22. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 11:18 AM

“As for Cowboys coaching, Parcells to Phillips was already a surprising downgrade given Wade’s previous record.”
    Eh?
    Wade Phillips = .598
    Bill Parcells = .570

23. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 11:19 AM

Eh?
    Wade Phillips = .598
    Bill Parcells = .570

24. KissMyArse says: Nov 12, 2009 11:31 AM

Ok……wannbe Cowboy fans, here is some insight for you. Regardless, of what Wade does he is gone. Jason Garrett will become the next HC and if Norv gets fired in San Diego then Jason will make a run at him to become the OC.
    I personally love the fact that he has made Wade a lame duck by making him work into the last year of his contract. It finally got Wade’s fat ass to get motivated and actually do what he was supposed to do from the start and that’s create a fierce defense.

25. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 11:53 AM

“It finally got Wade’s fat ass to get motivated and actually do what he was supposed to do from the start and that’s create a fierce defense.”
    Big mistake to put Brian Stewart in charge of the D. Phillips has been calling the D plays since week 8 of last season, after the loss to the Rams and of course, Stewart is gone.

26. cowboys suck says: Nov 12, 2009 11:54 AM

27. danlinker says: Nov 12, 2009 11:57 AM

I thought this team was doing so well and all. What with all the media hype about how great they are again, why would there be any questions regarding their head coach? Hilarious. You can’t have it both ways, either they are going in the right direction or they are not. Which is it?

28. Deb says: Nov 12, 2009 12:07 PM

@Vox …
    Phillips = 0 Super Bowl appearances
    Parcells was a marquee name in football. Wade Phillips not so much.
    And I give you credit for knowing all of this, so stop being silly.

29. Hap says: Nov 12, 2009 12:08 PM

How can anyone fault Jerry for taking that stand. he took the same posture when it came to Parcells extension. he wants post-season success. Who can blame him for that ? Bad post.

30. overkil2 says: Nov 12, 2009 12:11 PM

“VoxVeritas says:
    November 12, 2009 11:19 AM
    Eh?
    Wade Phillips = .598
    Bill Parcells = .570

Post Season
    Wade Phillips – 0 -4
    Bill Parcells 11 – 8 2 Superbowl Titles

31. Jerry's World says: Nov 12, 2009 12:23 PM

Wade is gone regardless of what happens….Depending on how the season ends will decide what kind of coach he brings in. Bad ending = big name coach, good ending = unproven coach. My hope is Shanahan!

32. purplepuzzyeatrz says: Nov 12, 2009 12:23 PM

Is anyone else seeing what I am seeing …..Wade looks completely lost out there…..ALmost embarassing ……I am a Viking fan…and really do not like the Cowboys all that much, but they used to be elite, they have talent galore…..I think he is a bafoon………..he needs to go to the same island as Mangina, cable, and Zorn, and Sir Dick in buffalo..
    they are absolutely awful….really lowering the standards of the great NFL

33. kravon says: Nov 12, 2009 12:42 PM

Vox stop embarrassing yourself already.

34. Hovenaut says: Nov 12, 2009 12:51 PM

There is no future in Dallas for the Wadester if he can’t steer the ‘Boys to the NFC championship game at the least.
    Tall order, considering Tony ‘Bumbles’ Romo’s less than sterling Decembers of past and zero playoff victories.

35. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 12:58 PM

“Parcells = 3 conference championship wins, 2 Super Bowl wins (and he took the Jets to a conference championship)”
    “I’d rather have the .570 regular season winning percentage and 58% postseason percentage over 0 postseason wins.”
    Fact is Phillips took Parcells’ guys and won four more games with them than Parcells could, and Parcells had his best year with mostly Dave Campo’s guys. Parcells hasn’t won a playoff game as a head coach since January of 1999 so you guys need to remember that the next time a Cowboy fan brings up the 90′s.

36. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 1:00 PM

“silly cowgirls…jerry jones is the entire reason you blow as a team. good owners only step in when it is needed…jerry jones on the other hand is too inept and too involved. i hope he stays there forever so the cowgirls can continually suck…personally i love jerry jones for that reason alone. i’d hate to have him as an owner if i were an NFL head coach”
    Yeah, damn those Cowboys suck, going into Philly and beating the Eagirls and all leading the division and stuff like that hahaha

37. kravon says: Nov 12, 2009 1:08 PM

Toni Braxton’s “Un-break My Heart” was the weeks #1 dance hit the last time Big-D won a playoff game.
    “Swallowed” by Bush was the #1 modern rock hit the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game.
    Leann Rhimes “One Way Ticket” was the #1 country hit the last time Jerrys team won a playoff game.
    Fiddle me that.

38. bezee23 says: Nov 12, 2009 1:47 PM

“kravon says:
    November 12, 2009 1:08 PM
    Fiddle me that.
    Of course we all remember the great film with John Travolta called “Michael”. The #1 film the last time Dallas won a playoff game. ”
    Dude, get a life. Seriously. Youre pathetic if you took the time to look this up. You need to read Florio’s Wilfork story about doing your job man. People spend so much time hating on us, they forget about their own teams. AND I LOVE IT.
    “SOME PEOPLE SAY IM CRAZY AS A SNAKE”

39. Tom Landry says: Nov 12, 2009 2:08 PM

Pay for performance. Sounds brilliant to me. Wade has not delivered anything yet. Jerry is wise to wait and see how this season pans out before committing beyond this year. The locker room will be fine. That is all.

40. bezee23 says: Nov 12, 2009 2:14 PM

Florio did you kick me off the board?
    Maybe my Bengals comments were a bit over the line, and for that I apologize. I notice you didnt post them.
    i havent cursed, been rude or vulgar just stating my opinons as a cowboy fan and Ive seen way worse stuff that what Ive written.
    So dude..whats up? I know you hate the cowboys but at least give us another voice. Another KNOWLEDGEABLE voice, that is.

41. Deb says: Nov 12, 2009 2:15 PM

@Vox …
    I don’t have anything against Phillips. All I said was that, from a perception standpoint, he was a big downgrade from a “marquee name” like Parcells. You know that as well as I do. You just like to jack people up and you know I’m not going to get into that sandbox stuff. But I will talk to you in a civilized way.
    I don’t know why Parcells wasn’t as successful in Dallas as he had been in other places. I thought he would be, but I have knowledgeable football friends who’ve always believed he was overrated. He has a huge ego and having to kowtow to Jerry definitely put him in a snit that probably created a lot of tension for the team. When he left, the ‘Boys probably took a collective sigh of relief and that alone might have accounted for Wade’s initial success. Wade’s a good coach. I just don’t think he’s a great coach, and I think Jones is getting ready to move on.
    Jones is no idiot. His business success proves that. But the team would be better off if he drew a line and stuck to marketing the Cowboys, which he does brilliantly, and left the player personnel decisions to his football staff. I’m sure he’s made some good calls on players, but overall, his methods of the last few years haven’t brought the results he’s seeking so he should take a different approach.

42. kravon says: Nov 12, 2009 2:22 PM

Bezee – thanks for reading Kravons comment.
    Kravon is a Steelers fan, so I dont have any reason to hate the Cowboys. Just pointing out some useless facts.
    Cheers.

43. bezee23 says: Nov 12, 2009 2:32 PM

kravon says:
    November 12, 2009 2:22 PM
    Bezee – thanks for reading Kravons comment.
    Cheers.
    Steelers = One of the only teams left in the league I actually respect. No you dont have any reason to hate us, neither does ESPN, Florio, or anybody else in America. I just think its an insatiable infatuation with the STAR. Which by all means, I can understand LOL. Big game for yall Sunday. I’m still not a believer in Marvin Lewis personally but they are playing good football. Good luck.
    “SOME PEOPLE SAY IM CRAZY AS A SNAKE”

44. KILLER FIN says: Nov 12, 2009 2:33 PM

Shannahan WILL replace Wade Phillips AGAIN!!! y’all heard it here first!!!

45. ocelots138 says: Nov 12, 2009 2:34 PM

# Deb says: November 12, 2009 12:07 PM
    “Parcells was a marquee name in football. Wade Phillips not so much.”
    Wade Phillips is a marquee name in the world of baking. He just takes off the chef hat to coach. But if Marion Barber came over and pushed his belly button Wade would go “Oh-hoo-HOO! Try my new Croissants!”

46. TRAMO says: Nov 12, 2009 2:38 PM

So kraven is a cable watchin corner standing government child, steeler fan, like most steeler and eagle fans.

47. kravon says: Nov 12, 2009 3:04 PM

TRAMO
    Kravon thinks you are a great person.
    Keep lovin the Steelers, ya silly fruitcake.

48. ShootahCowboy says: Nov 12, 2009 3:16 PM

So you’re saying that it was Jerry Jones that outcoached Andy Reid?
    _________________________________
    Well played Vox, well played….

49. ShootahCowboy says: Nov 12, 2009 3:20 PM

________________________________
    I am a Cowboys fan and I’m going to laughing about that one for weeks!!!!
    Thanks for the chuckle!

50. Vinchenzo says: Nov 12, 2009 3:35 PM

hey ‘cowboys suck” scheeche…..where to start….I guess thu first and most significant would be to…. repeat the movie quote….and say, put a lid on that garbage u ghetto reject and sell crazy someplace else……lest u be reminded that unless ur team is thu steelers, thu cowboys do have 5 SB rings, but ur too much of a dipwad 2 remember that. Furthermore Jones bought thu team in 89 for 150MM & if u knew how 2 read u would know that Forbes values them @ 1.6BB plus. Know I realize ur brain is too feeble and rudimentary 2 understand that math, however if 3 rings and a 1000% return on investment in 20 years is inept,(even with 0 playoff wins notwithstanding) then sign me up for the inept class. U really should lay off thu crack pipe and see a doc…..looking at thu wikepedia definition of Thorazine…..that would probably be most effective 4 u although there is still no medication 4 stupidity…….dipwad….

51. Deb says: Nov 12, 2009 4:01 PM

@ocelots138 … I’m never going to be able to look at Phillips again without hearing that Doughboy voice and thinking of Barber pushing his belly-button LOL

52. VoxVeritas says: Nov 12, 2009 9:49 PM

“All I said was that, from a perception standpoint, he was a big downgrade from a “marquee name” like Parcells.”
    OK Deb, seriously. What’s ultimately more important? Perception or reality? Fact is that names don’t win, and virtually any name would be considered a “downgrade” from a name like Parcells. There are no Landry’s or Lombardi’s or even Johnson’s available.
    “But I will talk to you in a civilized way.”
    I can do that.
    “I don’t know why Parcells wasn’t as successful in Dallas as he had been in other places. I thought he would be, but I have knowledgeable football friends who’ve always believed he was overrated.”
    Never thought he was overrated. I do think his style has it’s place but the nature of that style wears thin on players after a while. Now moreso than when Parcells experienced his highest levels of success. I just don’t think that the same “fear factor” is there, and that’s for all players, generally speaking. They’re making so much money, have so much visibility, I just think that they’re different animals now and that tough guy stuff and the psychological games can accomplish only so much before the players start getting tired of dealing with it. There are better coaches out there but I think that Phillips was a good choice and still is, particularly after Parcells. Parcells lost the team and everybody knew it. We can debate the how’s and why’s but there you go, that’s my opinion.
    My main reasoning for bringing up their regular season records is the fact that I’m just concerned with them just making the playoffs at this point. Losing TO-type production and not replacing it does not inspire confidence and you know as well as I do that you have to MAKE the playoffs in order to have the opportunity to win some games there. So yeah, regular season record is pretty important to me right now. Nobody can do anything about the playoffs until January, if at all. Now IF the Cowboys make the playoffs I’d probably prefer a Bill Parcells, but remember that the Cowboys made the playoffs under Parcells, too. Experienced as much success there as Wade Phillips has.
    “He has a huge ego and having to kowtow to Jerry definitely put him in a snit that probably created a lot of tension for the team.”
    Bah, I think he’s motivated purely by money right now. Maybe he was when he coached the Cowboys too, no idea.
    “When he left, the ‘Boys probably took a collective sigh of relief and that alone might have accounted for Wade’s initial success. Wade’s a good coach. I just don’t think he’s a great coach, and I think Jones is getting ready to move on.”
    Probably is, but Phillips is an old guy at 62 and he’s set for life by all accounts. I’d say the same about Parcells but I know that his divorce settlement put him in somewhat of a bind. If the Cowboys don’t win a playoff game, I think he’s gone and probably wants to be gone. The “100% of the blame, 0% of the credit” and “Wade’s an idiot” stuff has to grow old at some point. I mean how do you coach for 30+ years in the NFL and suck?
    “Jones is no idiot. His business success proves that. But the team would be better off if he drew a line and stuck to marketing the Cowboys, which he does brilliantly, and left the player personnel decisions to his football staff.”
    Well see you think it’s all Jones, I believe that it’s a collaborative thing between many people including Jones. I don’t have a problem with that. He’s the GM. I have two choices: live with it or don’t live with it. To tell you the truth I think that there are much worse GM’s out there and I don’t think that there’s a better owner. He’s the best owner and GM the Cowboys have had by far. Clint Murchison and Bum Bright were notorious cheapskates. Tex Schramm was another marketing genius but he was the definition of a “snake in the grass” that was always charged with doing the dirty work that Murchison and Bright either weren’t man enough to do or couldn’t be bothered with. People talk about how Jerry Jones treated Tom Landry have no idea that Bum Bright didn’t say 5 words to Tom Landry the entire time he owned the team, and personally detested the man.
    “I’m sure he’s made some good calls on players, but overall, his methods of the last few years haven’t brought the results he’s seeking so he should take a different approach.”
    What? The Cowboys have drafted pretty well in the last few years and have made some pretty shrewd free agent acquisitions, like picking up Marc Colombo after the Bears gave up on him, and Leonard Davis, who the Cardinals were playing out of position at tackle. Keith Brooking is working out great, he’s a locker room leader and productive on the field. Igor Olshansky is proving a more than adequate replacement for Chris Canty. Hamlin and Sensabaugh are solid if not spectacular.
    Then there’s the draft. Felix Jones was pretty much a no-brainer. Tashard Choice and Orlando Scandrick were absolute steals in the 4th and 5th rounds, respectively. Mike Jenkins is playing well, Victor “shoestring” Butler is trying to get somebody’s job, kinda bad luck that he backs up a guy named Ware. Do you have any specific personnel decisions from the past few years in mind that make you think that they’d be better off if Jones were not involved in the process? I’ll spot you TO and Roy Williams, but realize that you can probably pick a couple of bad points for any team. What really sticks out for you?

53. Deb says: Nov 13, 2009 1:04 AM

@Vox …
    Perception vs. reality is a great debate in itself, but that was basically my point: that any decision then, including Phillips, was a downgrade from Parcells. However, I agree with everything you’ve said about Parcells having lost the team by the time he left–and yes, he had the same playoff success Wade has had. Oh yeah, he’s certainly motivated by money, but you know he also has a huge ego.
    Obviously I think the Rooneys are the best owners in sports. Let’s not debate that because we’re not going to change each other’s minds. I’m a traditionalist. If it were up to me, we wouldn’t have instant replay. Jerry’s often on the progressive side of ownership issues, so that colors my thinking. I thought his dogged defense of TO was … bizarre. That would be one big example.
    But truthfully, my “perceptions” of Jones were set long ago. I’m a devoted Steelers fan, so the 90s Cowboys aren’t my favorite bunch. But they were one of the finest teams I’ve ever seen. If Johnson had stayed in place that team would have won at least four Super Bowls. Because the Steelers remain the only team to win four Super Bowls in six years, I’m thrilled Jones threw a monkey wrench into his own works. But it still blows my mind. I don’t really know all that happened between them and I can’t stand Johnson. But that was Johnson’s team and it seemed that Jerry wanted to tell him how to coach it.
    How does an owner let all that DRAMA happen in the middle of that kind of spectacularly rare championship run? I feel like I watched someone raise a thoroughbred then shoot it in the leg. People talk about the SBs he won. I always think about what he could have accomplished if he’d just let Johnson coach.
    Then he goes through this long long dry spell and finally gets Parcells, another proven winner. Does he let him buy the groceries? No. He shoves an egomaniacal receiver down an egomaniacal coach’s throat, again creating all this drama.
    So, that’s what sticks out for me, Vox. He may be making good personnel decisions, but then he undermines those decisions by going to war with his coaches. Behind-the-scenes drama doesn’t usually lead to Super Bowl wins. That’s why I said he needs to divorce himself from football operations. Maybe I’m wrong. But even with the talent he has he’s not getting the results he wants–another championship.
    Okay, gotta run.

54. ocelots138 says: Nov 13, 2009 5:35 AM

penguininbondage says:
    November 12, 2009 10:56 AM
    —————–
    Don’t try that line of logic on Cowboys fans. They exist in a world where it’s fine to brag about something that happened 13 years ago as if it were recent, but it’s stupid to even consider something that happened 50 years ago as valid. Because, you know…uh… actually, I’m not sure why. But then again, I have to experience the flow of time here in 2009, like most fans of the NFL. I can’t wedge myself permanently in the 1990′s.

55. ocelots138 says: Nov 13, 2009 5:38 AM

ShootahCowboy says:
    I am a Cowboys fan and I’m going to laughing about that one for weeks!!!!
    Thanks for the chuckle!
    —————
    The one thing we can all agree on in the NFCE – we’ve got some fugly coaches. Poppin’ Fresh in Dallas, the Big Red Walrus in Philly, and The Mummy Returns up in New York. I’d make a joke about Zorn, but he’s probably the best looking of the four (not saying much) and besides, by the time I think of something clever to bash him about he’s gonna be fired anyway.

56. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 13, 2009 6:26 AM

Here’s a tiny little fact you didn’t mention, Vox…..
    Parcels took over a bad team and improved it significantly. Phillips took over that IMPROVED team.
    NOW go ahead and consider the won-loss records.

57. kenyatta says: Nov 16, 2009 10:08 AM

wade has been successful as the cowboy coach as far as wins and losses but no playoff wins or rings eventually he will be gone as coach its that simple