PFTV looks at Holmgren in Cleveland

As rumors swirl that the Browns are actively interviewing candidates to come in and salvage a sunken ship, the name still at the top of the list is former Packers and Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren.

So will Holmgren do it?

PFTV explores.

Permalink 26 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
26 Responses to “PFTV looks at Holmgren in Cleveland”
  1. Hap says: Nov 13, 2009 11:14 AM

For the right cake, of course Homgren will go anywhere.

2. Mandingo52 says: Nov 13, 2009 11:20 AM

Florio….Cowherd just called and said you are 100% wrong, no matter what you are talking about and you look like Casey Kasem.

3. Sheward says: Nov 13, 2009 11:21 AM

Snore. Worthless.

4. 1nationraidernation says: Nov 13, 2009 11:30 AM

I guess that is why he built a house in Santa Cruz, so he can commute to Cleveland. That commute alone is worth an extra 5 to 10 million on the deal.

5. B Eazy says: Nov 13, 2009 11:35 AM

Peyton Manning will overcome his injury riddled D and beat the pats by 10. If brady didnt have such a good D, Kicker, and tuck rule he would be another phillip rivers. Good luck

6. B Eazy says: Nov 13, 2009 11:38 AM

why r u not posting this

7. st.michael says: Nov 13, 2009 11:44 AM

Florio, What makes you think the Browns are looking for somebody just for the 2009 season? Nobody has said it would be “short-term.”
    The Browns might offer Holmgren a 5 year contract to run the organization. I agree with you on your final point, whomever you think it will be, it likely will not be.

8. bearsrule says: Nov 13, 2009 11:48 AM

I’ve got a better place for Holmgren…….Chicago. The Bears need to seriously start looking. The team is just terrible and Lovie’s welcome has been worn out. I know he didn’t throw 5 interceptions, but the time has come. They are now free falling. The Walrus would look good in navy blue and orange.

9. JAJ says: Nov 13, 2009 11:53 AM

I like the idea. He can’t f*@k things up any worse. I like Holmgren as GM w/him bringin’ in Gruden as HC. They have a pre-existing relationship. Both have the same game philosophy and let’s face it, turning this franchise around is a two man job. Lerner can afford it.

10. The Coop says: Nov 13, 2009 11:53 AM

I don’t believe that Lerner is going to hire a guy who also wants to coach, which I think will rule out Holmgren (as well as guys like Cowher, etc.).
    Oh, and Brocato, just a tip….. don’t look down at your notes bro. One word — Rogaine.

11. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 13, 2009 12:00 PM

Talk about a total rebuild, if I was Holmgren I wouldn’t want anything to do with that Team. It seems to me that their owner really doesn’t care if they win.

12. This is not news says: Nov 13, 2009 12:05 PM

Cleveland is the armpit of the US. Holmgren’s wife won’t live there, so this idea is DOA.

13. dawg pounded says: Nov 13, 2009 12:30 PM

really? does Cleveland need a man whom could not cut the GM duties or draft well in Seattle? wake up. Mangini is horrendous,but Holmgren the answer- probably not.

14. DemsAreIdiots says: Nov 13, 2009 12:30 PM

Why not, I am not even a Browns Fan but I am sure he could straighten this mess out. Couldn’t do any worse now could he…

15. BBrophy1 says: Nov 13, 2009 12:36 PM

In this video you remind me of Ricky Bobby doing his first interview.

16. Duan says: Nov 13, 2009 12:37 PM

I wish there was more to this? We know the season is down the tubes, but I would love to know if any real names have been in discussions with Lerner?
    We don’t even know if Holmgren wants the job?
    I am so ready for an announcement of some kind of significance. I feel like a parent that went on vacation but left the house to my 17yr old son, there’s no telling what kind of havoc that little joker can cause to the house, while I am away.
    Come on Florio, give me some meat and potato’s regarding the search for a VP or GM

17. GoBrowns19 says: Nov 13, 2009 12:46 PM

I hate to think about it until it’s a true rumor…right now it’s just speculation. Holmgren would at least get us to a point where every games’ not over at halftime. That’s getting tiresome.

18. razorface says: Nov 13, 2009 12:55 PM

Boom goes the dynamite

19. olskool711 says: Nov 13, 2009 1:10 PM

Cleveland has become a marxist/leninist socialistic welfare state.
    Seattle is a marxist/leninist clueless hippie state.
    He can make the adjustment.

20. PayDoh says: Nov 13, 2009 1:13 PM

—What about the other two Superbowl rings Brady has? And BTW, Philip Rivers is a good Quarterback. First year watching football?Welcome, its a great sport and you will love it. The only thing is you need to start watching the games and over seasons, eventually you may have some idea what you are talking about.

21. purplepuzzyeatrz says: Nov 13, 2009 1:51 PM

What is the obesession with CLevland on this site….every other article has to do with clevland….I swear there is something to this?????????
    Just do us a favor and eliminate the Browns from your Mind…..They are horrible and its embarassing to you to comment about them so often….
    ISH

22. footballrulz says: Nov 13, 2009 5:45 PM

Rumor has it Holmgren was seen in Green Bay on his cell phone, when the rumor monger snuck a quick peek at the screen if had a J Gruden on it……

23. Canyonero says: Nov 13, 2009 6:42 PM

I thought Holmgren was going to travel with his wife overseas and do charity work, or something.
    She’s been doing it for years.

24. FumbleNuts says: Nov 13, 2009 8:35 PM

The Walrus as G.M. and Gruden as the HC is the only way Cleveland might improve.

25. snakeman40 says: Nov 13, 2009 9:46 PM

St. Michael is the only one who truly nailed this; Florio, the openings in Cleveland are NOT for two months. Lerner is looking to hire someone to run the franchise, hire a G.M. and probably a new Head Coach (please Lord!) and overhaul the entire Front Office (if need be….and me thinks it need be). You don’t hire someone for two months to do this. You give someone a multi-year contract to do this. Duh!

26. Dawgpound2009 says: Nov 13, 2009 10:24 PM