Death of Drew Brees' mother ruled a suicide

In August, the mother of Saints quarterback Drew Brees died suddenly

Now, reports have emerged that Mina Brees’ death has been ruled a suicide

In the days before her passing, Mrs. Brees had been involved in a controversy regarding alleged efforts to compel Houston-area restaurants to pay $20,000 or more to retain the right to use their current business names.

We were reluctant at first to mention this latest development, out of respect to the Brees family.  But given Drew Brees’ high profile and the well-documented relationship between Brees and his mother, we concluded that the item — reported in the Austin American-Statesman —  is newsworthy, and we again extend our condolences to the Brees family at what surely has been a very difficult several months for them.  We hope that they will be able to find closure and peace in the coming days.

Permalink 81 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
81 Responses to “Death of Drew Brees' mother ruled a suicide”
  1. Alzado's Vein says: Nov 16, 2009 6:50 PM

Picking scabs again Florio?
    “We were reluctant at first to mention this latest development, out of respect to the Brees family. But given Drew Brees’ high profile and the well-documented relationship between Brees and his mother, we concluded that the item — reported in the Austin American-Statesman — is newsworthy, and we again extend our condolences to the Brees family at what surely has been a very difficult several months for them. We hope that they will be able to find closure and peace in the coming days.”
    So you hope the family will find closure in the coming days? Well posting this won’t help. How bout you do the family a solid and remove this post. Maybe then, they won’t have to answer all of the questions that will come in the wake of this post.
    I

2. Brewster says: Nov 16, 2009 6:52 PM

Florio, a totally unnecessary post.

3. Saintsfan9 says: Nov 16, 2009 6:52 PM

Florio, have some class. If you died tragically for some reason, would you want it plastered all over the news and internet for your children to be reminded of constantly? Trying being a man instead of a journalist (ha ha) sometime.

4. Richm2256 says: Nov 16, 2009 6:59 PM

Mike, you went too far with this….. this has zero to do with Brees’ football career, and has zero to do with his personal conduct.
    This is about a mother from whom he is estranged, and has no place here whatsoever; not the suicide, not the alleged “shakedowns”, none of it.
    You can tell me it’s in the public domain because of the Austin American-Statesman, but trust me, absent this thread, I would have never heard of that publication, or this story, and would have had no need to.
    Keep your credibility by deleting this entire piece, for your own sake as much as Drew Brees’.

5. whodey5 says: Nov 16, 2009 7:07 PM

Dude, nobody needed to know about this. I could MAYBE understand if this happened a couple days ago, but this was back in August. Just when the Brees family was hopefully starting to cope with this tragic event, you go and open the wound back up. Why?

6. loutheeaglesfan says: Nov 16, 2009 7:08 PM

Hey lay off guys. This is a totally legit piece of news and Florio was very sensitive about how he handled it. I don’t particularly want to read about it myself, but it’s appropriate for him to write about it. To ignore it would be a lapse in the quality of this site’s journalism.
    If you don’t want to read about it, then move along. That’s what I plan to do after typing this.

7. endzoneview says: Nov 16, 2009 7:09 PM

I will chime in as well and say there is no need for this post.

8. tenakeytyrant9 says: Nov 16, 2009 7:09 PM

yall are too much! this was a totally classy way to present the news..its related to a top qb which could or could not affect his play. get off florio, hes a douche but in this instance hes right..and yall are overly sensitive sissies

9. Hosstyle In Tampa says: Nov 16, 2009 7:10 PM

CLASSLESS MOVE, FLORIO. More of why you’ve driven me away from this site.

10. American says: Nov 16, 2009 7:11 PM

I’m inclined to agree with Florio on this one. News is news, as tragic as it may be.
    The more I think about it though, you gotta take this post down, Florio. This isn’t an affair. This isn’t a scandal. This is someone’s mom. This is a suicide. Take it down, man.

11. soupnazi says: Nov 16, 2009 7:12 PM

What a scumbaggy post this is.
    Something as sensitive as this should remain in the backwater local paper it was originally printed with no lip service paid, not aired out to the world by some fame-hungry tart like yourself.
    Go eat some anthrax chips, you massive massive douche. Drew Brees seems like a very kind-hearted guy, he doesn’t deserve this muck.

12. Tigers Johnson says: Nov 16, 2009 7:12 PM

This is absolutely classless….
    This stuff is no one’s business but Drew Brees and his families……..
    Period!

13. zappa says: Nov 16, 2009 7:12 PM

She’s dead, lets move on.

14. Play4Blood says: Nov 16, 2009 7:13 PM

That’s wild. Sounds like Mama Brees was a real piece of work. Thankfully, her son turned out better than she did.

15. smittydvd says: Nov 16, 2009 7:13 PM

Having been one of the first to congratulate your business transaction with NBC, I have to say Mike, your focus on non-sports related topics has been poor and this borders on classless. I guess I have to chalk this up to ‘any press is good press’ mentality that you seem to have taken since the merger. For your fans sake, I can only hope you return to the top-notch sports journalism that got you noticed by the big boys in the first place!
    Having just re-read my post, maybe this is the sort of thing you want in the first place…let’s hope not.

16. JimmyY says: Nov 16, 2009 7:16 PM

It’ll be all over ESPN and SI, and all other sports and non-sports sites as it is already with the embedded links. That’s the way it is. You don’t like it? Too bad, don’t read the internet or newspapers.

17. kosarsmyidol says: Nov 16, 2009 7:22 PM

Florio may be a classless hack, but that should be expected at this point. He’s the TMZ of the NFL. As he often just posts what others report first, if we weren’t all so damn lazy we’d just check the other major sports sites and use Google.

18. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 16, 2009 7:22 PM

Now, reports have emerged that Mina Brees’ death has been ruled a suicide.
    ————
    Has been ruled – which means it is not a speculation post.
    That makes it newsworthy.
    A speculation post would be petty and unnecessary and would still normally fit Florio’s standards though.

19. ar1888 says: Nov 16, 2009 7:23 PM

I dont know why this is even newsworthy. Its not really anybodys business. Why is this in football news? She never played the sport.

20. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 16, 2009 7:24 PM

Saintsfan9 says:
    November 16, 2009 6:52 PM
    Trying being a man instead of a journalist (ha ha) sometime.
    ——————————
    That’s actually a compliment.

21. rectd says: Nov 16, 2009 7:27 PM

This is news albeit sad that is of interest to the football world and those who know and follow Brees. I don’t believe this is a judgment call. The way this site is set up, it should be reported. And I don’t know how it can be handled any better.

22. MightyMoonWorm says: Nov 16, 2009 7:29 PM

So just because it’s tragic and sad there shouldn’t be a story about it? Get over yourselves, it’s just news so stop being so damn sensitive.

23. TC says: Nov 16, 2009 7:30 PM

Its a news worthy story point blank and whether its nbcsports or espn or the Houston papers, someone was going to report it.

24. Rex Grossman says: Nov 16, 2009 7:32 PM

I didn’t need to know this information.

25. me so horny says: Nov 16, 2009 7:34 PM

People, how many times does something like this happen with everyone jumping on the author for reporting it. You know, for like doing his job. Damn that guy. I’m sure Florio was as reluctant as anyone to report this. But he has a damn job to do. You start making arbitrary decisions on what you think should or shouldn’t be reported due to the sensitive nature of the story then you are opening up a can of worms. Is Drew Bree’s privacy anymore sacred then anyone elses horrible situation that has been reported? Where are you people screaming for ones privacy with everyone else? Go to your local newspaper website, or any news related site, and read all them stories about someones mom or child passing away with their pictures being posted for everyone to see. And to add insult to injury half the dickhead commenters on said story are making jokey jokes about it. Look it’s a horrible situation. My heart goes out to Brees. But as the cliche goes “it is what it is.” Florio has a job to do, and thats report the news. Its his damn duty. And from time to time he is going to have to do the unpopular thing.

26. cpizz says: Nov 16, 2009 7:35 PM

Worst.Post.Ever.

27. Green&Gold4Life says: Nov 16, 2009 7:38 PM

Truly classless. On a Monday, after SEVERAL FOOTBALL storylines and many great Sunday games, you run with THIS?? Really? Come on…

28. montrealfinfan says: Nov 16, 2009 7:39 PM

What a classless hack, he felt that it should become news because of his high profile.

29. Lawdog2011 says: Nov 16, 2009 7:41 PM

Posting this makes you look like a classless ass clown. This is some of the counter-intuitive “journalism” ala Rush Limbaugh. “Ooooh I’m going to say something controversial and compelling, and then justify my “research” by saying oh well I hope they can have some closure.” Where did CBS find you anyway? I’ve sat through my counseling classes in law school and I know I wouldn’t handle a story in such a repugnant manner.
    Aside from your shoddy commentary the actual news ABOUT football is great, if only CBS could find a decent moderator for it. (Much like the talking faces commenting on football games – none at all is better than a Jaws coming in and ruining it for everyone).

30. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 16, 2009 7:44 PM

Did you really need to post this ?

31. sall says: Nov 16, 2009 7:45 PM

I really enjoy reading the posts here, but this one has no class at all. Just because you think it’s newsworthy doesn’t make it right for you to make matters worse for the Brees family by bringing up some controversy that I am sure they are well aware of. I agree with Alzado’s Vein, do the family a solid and take this down.

32. WTE says: Nov 16, 2009 7:45 PM

I read Florio’s link how she tried to extort from all those restaurants.
    She obviously was a very troubled woman. I offer my condolences as well.

33. BenRapistberger says: Nov 16, 2009 7:47 PM

Why are stories about family members of celebrities or pro athletes in the news at all? Especially family members who aren’t even close with said celebrity/athlete…

34. DirtySanchez says: Nov 16, 2009 7:49 PM

Florio, delete this article now. It doesn’t pertain to why people come to this site, and it could only cause pain for the Brees family and those who love them.
    Drew Brees is the class of the NFL, and you’re showing your ass by creating posts that create “clicks” yet offer nothing more shock value (at best).

35. tigeralum99 says: Nov 16, 2009 7:50 PM

Florio, do the right thing and take this post down.
    Show a heart and some class… This occurred close to 3 months ago..
    Please.

36. CurseofBoJackson says: Nov 16, 2009 7:57 PM

Wow, first I had no idea about this, second, why the outrage? It’s news worthy as HER SON is pretty high profile in the league, it wasn’t written disrespectfully, and it has already been printed, I’m sure, in more than one place. I love to call Florio or Rosenthal out too, but I don’t see the issue here.

37. thestan says: Nov 16, 2009 7:59 PM

Not even worth commenting on…so of course, I will anyway – your post was completely unecessary and seems to lack human decency

38. champ1315 says: Nov 16, 2009 8:00 PM

Florio…. you’re showing less class than Pacman Jones with this post.

39. CYGNUS X-1 says: Nov 16, 2009 8:02 PM

this concerns football in what way?since it happened in august I don’t think it has affected his or the saints play so far this season has it?you wish them well and hope they have closure yet you find it newsworthy to share something maybe they did not feel the rest of the world needed to know.as footbll fan this means nothing to so again why would you deem it newsworthy?real classy florio

40. MFM says: Nov 16, 2009 8:05 PM

Hey Alzado’s Vein:
    Look at your user name and reread what you wrote. How about you do the same and sign up again with a tactful name, if that’s how you really feel?
    For the record, I have no problem with this post, or your name. But I do have a problem with you, using that name, criticizing this post.

41. Bills-N-Yankees says: Nov 16, 2009 8:06 PM

Don’t get mad at Florio because he posted factual public information. If she commit suicide she obviously had mental problems or enormous guilt. There is a reason that a class act like Drew Brees and his mother we estranged. He knew she was a mess and got far away from. Hey Florio- keep up the good work.

42. PervyHarvin says: Nov 16, 2009 8:08 PM

Wow dude, not too cool. You are big now Florio,the NFL players read this site. Should of cut Drew some slack and left this alone. Like he wants all his fellow players to know this horrible story. Sure hope Drew isn’t logging on. Could have let the other sources sling the crap.

43. Abe Froeman says: Nov 16, 2009 8:18 PM

New SOP for news organizations, if content is tragic don’t post it.
    Seriously?

44. HavesomeclassFlorio says: Nov 16, 2009 8:18 PM

What a horrible thing to report. I hope you get fired. And then you have that little chickenshit disclaimer at the end to try and justify reporting this. The only reason I registered was to let you know how I feel. I don’t plan on ever coming back to this site. POS

45. Sasquash says: Nov 16, 2009 8:25 PM

Keep it to pro football talk! Kids, Parents, and siblings shouldn’t get mentioned. As someone who is jealous of the money these guys make I find myself saddened by this. First we learned that he and his mother were estranged, then she committed suicide. I feel for the man, he must be hurting inside. If the Eagles don’t win the superbowl I will be pulling for the Saints. Please lay off stuff like this in the future, there is enough drama in the NFL without going this route.

46. dbick says: Nov 16, 2009 8:43 PM

you people are nuts. if someone close to a super high profile athlete commits suicide it is definitely news worthy.

47. Apetits says: Nov 16, 2009 8:45 PM

What a bunch of sanctimonious jackoffs…This is news and should be reported. Go watch Lifetime or something if you don’t like it, you big empathetic bunch, you.

48. JoeSchmoe says: Nov 16, 2009 8:45 PM

Sasquash, it looks like you’ll be pulling for the Saints then…
    MFM… good point on Alzado.
    Lawdog… it’s NBC not CBS
    Florio, I’m on the fence on this one. You know you’re pining to a bunch of sensationalisticly charged people here in your fanbase and you knew this would ruffle up the feathers.
    The reason this sucks is because we can all basically agree that Drew Brees is a good guy and a hell of a leader but regardless of who the person is, it’s sad for anyone to lose their mother one way or the other… probably doubly sad if you’re on the outs with her at the time it happens. Drew will become a better man in the long run but it doesn’t really matter one way or the other how/why it happened, or that it happened at all unless you’re family or friends.
    I say step back on this one big time since it’s not really news worthy. I don’t think something that happened 3 months ago will impact the way Brees will perform on the field next week or going forward and there’s really nothing to explain regarding his past performances either. They’re undefeated for gods sake!

49. me so horny says: Nov 16, 2009 8:48 PM

Oh please, you people are only mad because its your precious favorite quarterback. You are the same people that reads stories like this of others every single day. Take your self righteousness and shove it up your ass people

50. Fire Ted says: Nov 16, 2009 8:55 PM

F**king classless to report this story. I don’t care if Brees is a public figure, his mother’s suicide is a private matter. What a goddamned douchebag you are for reporting this.

51. cincybang says: Nov 16, 2009 9:10 PM

As someone who has been in the news business for 27 years, there is no news value to the story about her death. Suicides aren’t news, and it doesn’t matter that other “news” outlets have reported the story. Stay above the fray, Florio or risk descending into irrelevance.

52. dc4545 says: Nov 16, 2009 9:18 PM

Hey Florio,
    50 plus posts at this time with the majority bashing you for running this story.
    In fact, the only comments I see defending you are from “Apetits” and “me so horny.”
    Nice.
    Did you feel compelled to take a shower after posting this?

53. Bob Loblaw says: Nov 16, 2009 9:22 PM

I see a lot of people asking, did Florio really need to post this.
    The answer is “yes”. It has 50+ responses already and will probably get 100 or more.
    In case people haven’t figured this out, aside for the real newsworthy and timely stories, the rest of this posts are based on what will generate the most comments — internet revenue is driven by hits and responses.
    Why do you think there are more stories on teams like the Vikings, Eagles, Steeler and Packers that generate the most reponses, and a lot less on teams like the Lions, Jaguars, and Buccaneers. And why there were 10-15 posts on the same subject every day when that subject was generated a lot of responses (Rush Limbaugh ownership bid, Brett Favre unretiring, Mike Vick returning to NFL, etc.).

54. Deb says: Nov 16, 2009 9:27 PM

PFT isn’t a “news” site. It’s a blog where people chat about football issues after you and your staff “re-report” and comment on them. Brett Favre’s decision to play despite the death of his father had a football angle. A cause-of-death ruling, months after the fact, on Drew’s mother–from whom he was estranged–does not. Better to have omitted it.
    My deepest condolences to the family.

55. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Nov 16, 2009 9:43 PM

It’s good that Florio reported this tidbit. He stated awhile back that she died suddenly, and now we know how. The circle is complete.

56. Raider Pride says: Nov 16, 2009 9:43 PM

What is the difference between reporting this story and reporting about Bret Favre’s father dying?
    Absolutely Nothing…
    Just because it was a suicide? Bull Shit. And you can not report a suicide without possibly reporting what caused that person to make that decision.
    Keep On Keeping On Mr. Florio.

57. Richm2256 says: Nov 16, 2009 9:47 PM

“Hosstyle In Tampa says:
    CLASSLESS MOVE, FLORIO. More of why you’ve driven me away from this site.”
    Yeah, we can tell by the post you didn’t just make.
    I swear, there are some TRUE idiots here.
    Florio, if you need someone to screen and weed out idiot posters, I’m available.
    You need it, believe me.

58. chrispin53 says: Nov 16, 2009 10:00 PM

Never felt compelled to leave a comment before, and I truly enjoy reading what are for the most part insightful, yet funny and well informed posts. I don’t blame you Mike for posting this, because I know it is a tough call and I am willing to bet you strugged with this decision, especially in todays media where the most shocking headlines get the most clicks. However this has little to do with football, and this is a football website. Drew Brees is one of the classiest players in the NFL. I am a firm believer in the golden rule and Drew doesn’t deserve a public reminder of what is no doubt one of the most painful subjects of this life. You have always done a great job of taking the high road, and you are progressing at lightning speed as the best news outlet for football. Set the bar high, do the right thing, take down this post.

59. Rhon Mecksiko says: Nov 16, 2009 10:05 PM

Like it or not, it IS newsworthy and IS appropriate for this blog.

60. The Notorious V.I.C. says: Nov 16, 2009 10:08 PM

hahahah “Alzado’s Vein”…..BEST USER NAME EVER!
    Hey Florio, just so you know, I get way more entertainment out of reading the user names of people on this site than from your actual posts.

61. SF Saints Fan says: Nov 16, 2009 10:18 PM

This is a close call for me as to whether you needed to “report” this or not. Your site built its reputation and viewership on NFL “news” and, more importantly, rumors. Based on inside information, backwater channels, half-truths and innuendo you have been able to bring this site some credibility and have gotten yourself a major sponsor for your site. For all of that I give you a job well done.
    In this matter, you have taken a short four sentence matter of fact report in a very minor publication and have spread it throughout the world. Just because other sites may or may not decide to “report” this should not be relevant for you. You needed to make a decision as to whether this is worthy of being “reported”/spread around the world on a site that has thousands of times the page views of the “Austin American-Statesman”. You made the decision that it is. I am not sure you made the correct decision. I think I would have not “reported” this. You have not “reported” anything, you have only spread a news item to millions of people who really have no interest in this topic other than the fact that this is a very sad story of an apparently troubled woman.
    By all accounts Drew Brees is a class act.
    Last I heard, Florio, you are still a lawyer…….

62. Bob Nelson says: Nov 16, 2009 10:19 PM

If a football player and a parent are “estranged” how does an announcement regarding an August event affect the NFL?
    This is something I would rather have not read.
    Are you really proud of the legal extortion racket? Did you really have to mention the shakedown of businesses by a lawyer?
    That is just sick.

63. flyertime says: Nov 16, 2009 10:19 PM

Rex Grossman says:
    November 16, 2009 7:32 PM
    I didn’t need to know this information.
    Really well seems you read it until you were moved to post a reply.
    Hosstyle In Tampa says:
    November 16, 2009 7:10 PM
    CLASSLESS MOVE, FLORIO. More of why you’ve driven me away from this site.
    WELCOME BACK ;-P

64. JHACK says: Nov 16, 2009 10:24 PM

DEAR FLORIO-
    I have visited this site almost daily for a long time now and I JUST NOW GOT A USERNAME so I could say that I am removing this site from my bookmarks and will no longer be visiting. News like this just isn’t even close to the reason people like me visit this site regularly. I was logging on tonight to see if there was news on a player’s injury.

65. dc4545 says: Nov 16, 2009 10:31 PM

I’ve only commented on a few stories, NEVER posted twice on the same one. You have the best NFL site on the internet (and that’s saying a lot.) As someone who loves this site please just take a look at these comments and make a decision as to whom you are trying to attract to this site. If it’s numbers, then more power to you. There will always be more morons.
    Do you really want to be (as one commenter put it) “the TMZ of the NFL”?

66. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Nov 16, 2009 10:48 PM

dc4545 says: November 16, 2009 9:18 PM
    Hey Florio,
    Nice.
    Did you feel compelled to take a shower after posting this?
    … and they say 50 million Frenchmen can’t be wrong. Not.

67. Marcelo says: Nov 16, 2009 11:03 PM

Im not trying to offend anyone or piss anyone off but I see NO reason in the world to comitt suicide especially when you have a son who is very succesfull and im not talking about on the field im talking about off the field.
    I do feel sorry for the Brees family and i hope they can get through this.

68. Deb says: Nov 16, 2009 11:10 PM

@Raider Pride …
    Mike Florio and the all-knowing press can rip this woman’s life to shreds and when they’ve satisfied themselves they know all, they still won’t have a bloody clue what caused this woman to “make this decision.” No one on this earth will EVER know that to a certainty. All they’ll know is what was going on in her life at the time. Put 100 other people in the same circumstances, would they commit suicide? No. Suicide is not part of a rational decision-making process.
    As for this being the same as the Favre situation: Favre had a game the night his father died. He’d never missed a game. He was very close to his father. Whether or not he’d play was a BIG football story. Drew Brees was estranged from his mother. Her death was reported months ago. He isn’t playing today and the cause of her death has no bearing on his status as a player.
    So Florio isn’t reporting football news and no reporter is going to enlighten anyone on why this woman took her life.
    But other than that, heck yeah, keep on keeping on.

69. dc4545 says: Nov 16, 2009 11:37 PM

SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: November 16, 2009 10:48 PM
    dc4545 says: November 16, 2009 9:18 PM
    Hey Florio,
    Nice.
    Did you feel compelled to take a shower after posting this?
    … and they say 50 million Frenchmen can’t be wrong. Not.
    ————————-
    Sorry Florio,
    I forgot to include SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK with his esteemed company of “Apetits” and “me so horny” in the defenders of this post.
    Apparently he felt left out. Perhaps he can get his friends “MomMakesMeGoToBedAt9:30pmOrI WouldPost” and “ElephantGenitalia” to chime in to further buttress his argument.

70. outragedpftfan says: Nov 17, 2009 12:02 AM

How dare Mike Florio make a post about the cause of death of a prominent member of a NFL star’s family who had a notably estranged relationship with said star. How disgusting. I hate this man, everyone reading this, and everyone who has been in the same room as a computer.

71. Nick O'Tine says: Nov 17, 2009 12:47 AM

Most of you people here are really, really lame.
    This is a legit news story, whether it pisses you off or not. Yes, she died, and yes the Austin American-Statesman ran the confirmation that it was a suicide. She’s the mother of a famous football player who’s on the ride of his career right now…and she was well-known locally in her own right.
    I live in Austin, I used to produce a sports radio call-in show here, and we had Mina Brees on the air when she was first representing Drew, acting as his agent in the NFL draft. Back then the relationship was still good. She was also a prominent local attorney and I had interviewed her for other stuff here in town.
    Obviously their relationship soured, and her life took a very weird turn before her death. Now Brees happens to be leading a 9 – 0 Saints team, so it’s a story that’s going to be out there. Get the hell over it.
    If Brees and the Saints continue their winning season and into the playoffs, look for this story to be out there. That’s just the way it is.

72. Nick O'Tine says: Nov 17, 2009 1:57 AM

A couple more things: out of curiosity, I went back and did some reading on Drew Brees and his mom’s falling out. Turns out when she was on the radio claiming to be representing him, he wanted no part of her. Allegedly she was “undercutting” him with other agents. This to me makes this story that much more interesting…that his own mom was screwing with his football career as he entered the NFL draft.
    And a quick note to “SF Saints Fan” — the Austin American-Statesman is not a “very minor publication,” you dim-wit. It’s the newspaper of record in the state capitol of Austin, Texas and has a very significant online readership.

73. Johnny Moss says: Nov 17, 2009 3:20 AM

“Making the tragic and untimely death of 59-year-old Mina Brees, an Austin, Texas lawyer, even more upsetting was that Drew Brees and his mother had been estranged for several years.”

“Even more upsetting” for who???

74. PurpleJudas says: Nov 17, 2009 5:42 AM

Im just wondering if people were this upset when the news broke about Tony Dungy’s son.

75. SaintsBucsPanthersSUKK says: Nov 17, 2009 9:30 AM

dc4545: The most sophisticated & mature & rational whiner here at PFT. :rolleyes:

76. chargerrich says: Nov 17, 2009 10:09 AM

It is news, it has been reported elsewhere and has a place here as it relates to football whether you like to admit it or not.
    If Mike did not post this, he would not be doing his job. I for one and glad that I can count on ALL related news to be posted here.
    All of you high moral crusaders apparently no NOTHING about news reporting.

77. Alzado's Vein says: Nov 17, 2009 2:45 PM

“All of you high moral crusaders apparently no NOTHING about news reporting.”
    Apparently theres no morals, or common decency in news reporting.
    Sorry but I like my football news to be about football. Maybe we can find dirt in Florio’s family, hes sort of a celebrity. 6 degrees to football right?

78. wendella67 says: Nov 20, 2009 5:42 PM

I just heard it on the radio, which is what prompted me to google the story online. He didn’t reveal a deep secret – it’s on the news. I thought it was very sensitively written.

79. Pantherfan10 says: Nov 20, 2009 8:14 PM

Not needed, the family should be respected. At least his article wasn’t as sickening as the one that ESPN put out.
    Before you make another post like this in the future please think to yourself: How would you feel if someone were to post your family business on the internet for millions to read about?

80. Pantherfan10 says: Nov 20, 2009 9:08 PM

wendella67 says:
    November 20, 2009 5:42 PM
    ————-
    Your mom ever tell you just because everyone else jumps off a bridge, it dosn’t mean you have to?
    It was more sensatively written than the ESPN article but still unneeded. How would you feel if this was your dirty laundry being posted all over the internet?

81. getalife40somethings says: Nov 23, 2009 5:48 PM

Query: Would you freaks be so upset with this article and Florio if the deceased’s name were Mina Owens and she was the estranged mother of Terrell Owens?!
    The article was appropriate as it was news and, moreover, it was written in a more than fair manner.