PFTV takes a look at Westbrook's situation

OK, so we probably should have posted this one before news emerged regarding the results of Eagles running back Brian Westbrook’s visit to Pittsburgh.

Still, the opinions and the discussion and whatever in the hell else we said for two minutes and change is something by which we still stand.

So click, watch, comment, repeat.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “PFTV takes a look at Westbrook's situation”
  1. Fan_Of_ Four says: Nov 19, 2009 7:56 AM

Thank you for reminding me to eat a Wendy’s
    Give it up Brian before your brains get scrambled and you end up a Republican.

2. Hap says: Nov 19, 2009 9:26 AM

The question is, will The Eag’s drop their 3rd in a row to Chicago ? The Eag’s have NEVER won a Super Bowl and this ain’t looking like their year either. Westbrook’s absence isn’t helping their plan.

3. Big_Monkey says: Nov 19, 2009 9:28 AM

As hard as it is for these players, I hope Westbrook has the sense to let it go. These concussions tend to keep re-occuring and there was a very interesting feature on 20/20 regarding this very issue. Severe brain damage can occur later in life.
    Former great Colt tight end, Mackey, has to eat through a frickin straw from all the head trauma. I know these current players don’t think about this but it is a reality.
    I hope the Eagles have enough sense to release Westbrook at the end of the year. He has clearly lost a step and is not the same player/threat he once was.
    The shelf life for the running back is a short one. Thanks for all you’ve done, Westy, but I think this is the beginning of the end.

4. mattitude says: Nov 19, 2009 10:49 AM

I think everyone understands that the long term health of these athletes that play for our entertainment is of paramount importance. That being said, why are you calling for Westbrook to hang up his cleats, Florio? Is it because he is 30? Would you be making the same suggestion if 24 year old Adrian Peterson, 26 year old Frank Gore, or 26 year old Stephen Jackson suffered two concussions in one season? I can’t say I believe you would.

5. cantgetenough says: Nov 19, 2009 10:51 AM

As a Giants fan, I hated to see Westbrook making plays. But I would never wish harm on any player from any team. I hope for a full and complete recovery for the man whether or not he decides to hang up the cleats.

6. Jeff Smith says: Nov 19, 2009 12:52 PM

mattitude, I think the fact that Westbrook is 30 SHOULD be a factor in his decision. He’s had a great career and it is winding down–he’s not at the start of his career.
    He should retire and enjoy the fruits of his labors (hopefully he has been wise with his money). I hope he doesn’t suffer Mackey’s fate.

7. ocelots138 says: Nov 19, 2009 4:11 PM

# Hap says: November 19, 2009 9:26 AM
    ——————
    You’re a disgusting troll, and I bet like Vox Veritas you’re a 30 year old virgin. The question is, will a woman every voluntarily sleep with you? The answer is about as probable as the Cowboys winning a postseason game this millenium.