Betts has torn ACL, MCL

The Washington Redskins knew after Sunday’s loss to the Dallas Cowboys that the news was bad about the knee injury suffered by running back Ladell Betts.

This morning it’s been revealed that the news is really, really bad.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Betts has a torn ACL and MCL and will need surgery.

That type of injury doesn’t just put him out for the season; it also calls into question whether he’ll be ready for next season — especially with a running back who’s on the wrong side of 30.

Betts was starting in place of the injured Clinton Portis, who is expected to miss at least one more game. Rock Cartwright and Quinton Ganther carried the load for the Redskins after Betts went down, and the team may need to sign a running back this week.

Permalink 13 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
13 Responses to “Betts has torn ACL, MCL”
  1. mooremi9 says: Nov 23, 2009 9:29 AM

11/23/09 4pm. All is quite. Redskins fans have finally stopped talking Superbowl………..well this years superbowl at least.
    Sh*tty team Sh*tty fans.

2. jj jones says: Nov 23, 2009 9:31 AM

Good thing they took Laron Landry instead of Adrian Peterson in 07. Always draft the best player regardless of position.

3. powerte says: Nov 23, 2009 9:41 AM

Not a Skins fan but I really hope he can recover and play again. He was playing pretty well recently.

4. birdmancometh says: Nov 23, 2009 9:54 AM

Betts has always been a guy that deserved a chance to start in this league. It’s too bad it didn’t work out.

5. Mangy66 says: Nov 23, 2009 9:57 AM

Wow. A post about someone’s career being in jeopardy and these morons are in here talking trash about the Skins and Skins fans.
    Can you imagine what it must be like to be those morons. Their lives must be bleak for them to be okay with stooping to that level.
    I guess there is no need to talk trash to them. Their “lives” are punishment enough for them.

6. DonTerrelli says: Nov 23, 2009 10:21 AM

I always liked Betts more than Portis and he finally got his start and this happens. Too bad man.

7. chucktownYP says: Nov 23, 2009 10:41 AM

Sucks Betts, I’m sorry dude. Hope you make it back, you seemed to want it more than Portis anyways.

8. Haywood Jabuzzoff says: Nov 23, 2009 10:44 AM

Hate to see this happen to the guy, it’s going to be difficult to recover the career from it.
    As for the Skins running game, I don’t see a need to go out & sign a new RB… seemed to me Cartwright was doing pretty well. More practice with the first team & he could develop quite nicely.

9. Gweez says: Nov 23, 2009 11:02 AM

Mangy,
    What do you expect I’m sure Philly or Dallas fans. More than likely Philly.
    Sorry for Betts never like to see an injury to a player. Especially one which might have been able to prove just how done Portis is.

10. NFLMMAfan says: Nov 23, 2009 2:11 PM

The ‘Skins won the off-season Superbowl for the 10th year in a row since ‘Lil Danny bought the team. They sold a pile of tee shirts, jerseys, hats, etc.
    Vinny will sign another $100,000,000.00 D-lineman. Offense will be left to die on the vine.
    Geniuses?
    I think not!

11. ocelots138 says: Nov 23, 2009 4:34 PM

Gweez says: November 23, 2009 11:02 AM
    Mangy,
    What do you expect I’m sure Philly or Dallas fans. More than likely Philly.
    ——————
    Asshat. I hope the best for Betts, I always liked him as a player, but I hope you tear your ACL soon.

12. CH³NO² says: Nov 23, 2009 5:34 PM

I think the skins would have had more success if Betts had been starting not just this season, but the past 2 or 3. Portis is a lazy overpaid “U” thug who I hope is finished in DC.
    It sucks for Betts. Being over 30 and a running back and having to rehab this mess…….he may be done.

13. VoxVeritas says: Nov 23, 2009 7:20 PM

“It’s good to see we’re not fighting a lack of class with a lack of class, here. Oh wait, blaming anything mean spirited on Philly?”
    Well deserved, and usually correct. I mean look at you. You’re just another bitter, mean-spirited Eagirl fan, yourself.
    “I hope you tear your ACL soon.”
    You prove my point. You must feel like a really big man saying things like that from behind the safety of the anonymity that a public library computer monitor provides.