Seahawks-Vikings one-liners

The Seahawks were down 28 points before they crossed midfield for the first time in their 35-9 loss to the Vikings.

The Seahawks set a new franchise low with four yards rushing.

Said Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, “You can call it a step backwards, say we turned
a corner, we hit a U-turn, whatever you want to say. We just played terrible today. I didn’t break a
sweat probably ’til like five minutes left in the game … We couldn’t
never sustain a drive, couldn’t get anything going, but a lot of that
has to do with their defense.”

The Seahawks recorded two sacks in the first quarter and shut out the Vikings, but they couldn’t keep up the good effort.

While RB Justin Forsett was shut down on the ground, he did have eight catches for 80 yards.

Said Vikings TE Visanthe Shiancoe, “There was a lot of momentum out there, and everybody had a piece of the
pie in this win. But we can always get better. I know you guys are
tired of hearing that type of stuff, but it’s the truth.”

Vikings QB Brett Favre threw four touchdowns for the 22nd time, passing Dan Marino for the most in the history of the NFL.

NT Pat Williams said that he and the rest of the Vikings defensive linemen are “outlaws having fun.”

RB Chester Taylor played a big role on the second quarter drive that got the Vikings offense going.

The Vikings ran 72 offensive plays to 44 for the Seahawks, leading LB Chad Greenway to joke that he had time for plenty of cappuccinos.

Permalink 44 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks
44 Responses to “Seahawks-Vikings one-liners”
  1. TheBaySay says: Nov 23, 2009 3:54 PM

Yes Pat, you are an outlaw. Glad you’re having fun. Maybe a sheriff will catch up to you one of these days.

2. Vikes#28Owns says: Nov 23, 2009 3:57 PM

I heard that Houshmandzadeh guaranteed a win too. I am so glad he got out of the shadow of Chad Ochocinco so he could show us what a loud mouth mediocre receiver he is.

3. Hauschild says: Nov 23, 2009 4:08 PM

Favre’s a HAWG and soon will have his FOURTH MVP.

4. CanadianVikingFan says: Nov 23, 2009 4:36 PM

Look at the English with which Houshmandzadeh speaks with. “we couldn’t never”

5. TheGame says: Nov 23, 2009 5:07 PM

So glad housh ended up shafting us for Seattle. I hope he enjoys being irrelevant for the next 5 years

6. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 23, 2009 5:08 PM

What does Houshmandzadeh mean, they turned a corner? They sucked before, they suck now. I fail to see what changed in his mind.
    Congrats to the Vikings on the win, even if it was a completely pathetic showing by Seattle. You may well have a 15-1 season in progress. Here’s hoping it ends exactly like the last one.

7. Norseman says: Nov 23, 2009 5:57 PM

BeerCheeseSoup:
    Somehow, I don’t see another ’41-doughnut’. Unless it’s the Vikings with the ’41′.

8. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 23, 2009 6:06 PM

Thanks, Beer Cheese,
    All you can do now is hope Minny somehow fails. Your team must literally win every game of the year to qualify, maybe, for the wildcard. I hope Rodgers can take the continued pounding.
    I’m glad that Housch-alphabet didn’t like Minny’s QB situation last spring. Then we wouldn’t ‘have needed’ Harvin or been able to pay the Geezer. Amazing, isn’t it, how moments like that pop up. Chester Taylor was great in his only year as a starter, but with Wizzinator gone, and Peterson in the draft, All Day became a legitimate pick for us. Cool, huh? And if Moss hadn’t been traded to Oakland for Stony Willamson’s draft pick, there would have been no need for Sid (Astaire) Rice. And if Chilly’s Choice (Now a Major Motion Picture!) hadn’t been TJack, there would have been no need for Favre.
    See, Pack fans? It’s the Perfect Storm!

9. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 23, 2009 6:10 PM

Norseman, He didn’t mean the doughnut at NY. He meant the missed FG against Atlanta that got death threats for Gary Anderson.
    By the way, Beer, Our kicker today is another GB castoff. You may have heard of him. LONGWELL. Great name for an awesome kicker, isn’t it? I guarantee you Longwell hit a gamewinner in that situation. His record speaks for itself.
    LOADHOLT. Perfect name for an awesome Olineman. Just thought I’d toss that in.

10. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 23, 2009 6:46 PM

CanadianVikingFan says:
    November 23, 2009 4:36 PM
    Look at the English with which Houshmandzadeh speaks with. “we couldn’t never”
    ——————————
    Look at the language with which you hath spoken with with.

11. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 23, 2009 6:50 PM

Norseman says:
    November 23, 2009 5:57 PM
    BeerCheeseSoup:
    ——————————
    That was an 11-5 team. The 15-1 team finished with a 30-27 loss to the dirty birds at the Humpty Dump.
    You really ought to learn your own team’s history. But I know what you’re going to say. And I agree. There’s just been so damn many Vikings choke jobs it’s hard to keep them straight.

12. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 23, 2009 6:53 PM

purple hay-seuss says:
    November 23, 2009 6:10 PM
    LOADHOLT. Perfect name for an awesome Olineman. Just thought I’d toss that in.
    ———————————
    I can play this game.. Erin Henderson. Perfect name for a guy who wears purple.
    I’ve got another. Percy. Another perfect name for a guy who wears purple.

13. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 23, 2009 7:02 PM

purple hay-seuss says:
    November 23, 2009 6:06 PM
    Thanks, Beer Cheese,
    See, Pack fans? It’s the Perfect Storm!
    —————————
    Are you saying you’re glad they don’t have Moss? I hope you’re referring to Rice’s potential and age rather than saying it worked out better for this year.
    And Housh currently has 18 more catches for 117 more yards than Harvin. The Vikings could’ve used him. Sure, Harvin’s an impact kick returner. But it remains to be seen whether he’ll be very good as a receiver. Especially after Favre retires again.
    And it’s pretty funny that you prop up Favre while calling Housh the “Geezer”.

14. FumbleNuts says: Nov 23, 2009 7:31 PM

Jim Mora jr has that team playing real good.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

15. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 23, 2009 7:59 PM

Adam-Chris Scheftersen;
    You misread me. Favre has always been the Geezer in my posts. Housh is just Housh for this moment. Yep, he has a few more catches than a hot rookie. A rookie that has the inside track for O rookie of the year, by the way. You minimize Percy’s receiving numbers. Minny sees Percy as a complete package that produces several ways, by adding touchdowns. Cool. I’m not a stats guy, but I know Harvin scores TDs. And Chilly knows it, and Favre damn well knows it. And Percy looks great in purple. You pull Erin Henderson off the bench to make fun of his name. I have never, ever referred to Aaron Rodgers in the feminine. Ever. I don’t make fun of names because they weren’t chosen by the player for the most part. I like names as reflections of the character. Make fun of Harvin’s name if you must – just be sure to spell it correctly from behind – it’s written on the BACK of his jersey as he scores.
    And No, the Vikings don’t miss Moss. He’s great and all, and a likely HOFer some day. But now Minny has a great team capable of competing with the best in the league. I loved Culpepper, too, even bought his jersey along with Moss for my wife (she’s my primary receiver, you see) and wish Pepp the best. He may actually make something of the Turkey Day game for the Kitties. If GB can’t beat Detroit now, there are dire events forecast for the WI faithful. Even Joey Harrington, that whipping boy for years, beat GB on Thanksgiving Day a few years back. Pull up your jock, Pack. Stranger, more impossible things have happened.

16. PervyHarvin says: Nov 23, 2009 8:00 PM

Adam-Chris Scheftersen says:
    November 23, 2009 6:53 PM
    I’ve got another. Percy. Another perfect name for a guy who wears purple
    ————————————————–
    LMAO Only on the Internet. Yellow belly turds like you must love anonymous slamming of real men???

17. cbrandner says: Nov 23, 2009 8:28 PM

Adam-Chris Scheftersen says:
    November 23, 2009 6:53 PM
    I’ve got another. Percy. Another perfect name for a guy who wears purple
    ————————————————————
    What’s wrong, ADAM-CHRISSY???
    Mommy and Daddy weren’t sure if you were gonna end up a male or a female?
    Douche-bag.

18. Vikes#28Owns says: Nov 23, 2009 9:12 PM

I love all the Packer Trollers who think they can somehow downplay this dominant performance.
    And to everyone saying we will choke like always just remember that Bill Cowher made it to the playoffs 10 of the 15 years he coached the Steelers and only has one Superbowl ring to show for it. We don’t remember him as a choker but instead as a possible hall of famer. Every year is different and it doesn’t matter how many Superbowls we’ve lost only this year matters now.

19. sand0 says: Nov 23, 2009 9:51 PM

I think the Vikings haters have accepted the fact that we’ll continue to dominate the regular season. They are already moving on to praying that the Vikes are one of the 11 teams that “choke” in the playoffs this year.
    Meanwhile I am going to try to enjoy the regular season and not really worry about playoffs. The time will come for that but why bother with it now 6 games out.

20. Capt. Jayrocks says: Nov 23, 2009 10:15 PM

I love how people (packer fans) mock the fact that the vikings wear purple, and say that people that wear purple aren’t manly. I personally love the color purple. especially royal purple, and I have worn purple many times yet no one has ever questioned my manhood atleast to my face. What does it say about your manhood to say something on a message board about someone, that you know you would never have the guts to say to them in person. Shut up and enjoy your mediocre season

21. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 23, 2009 10:56 PM

purple hay-seuss says:
    Thanks, Beer Cheese,
    ____________________________________
    I hope you weren’t expecting an argument. You’re absolutely right. I have been reduced to hoping the Vikings choke, huge, in the first round.
    If they don’t, even if that means losing yet another Super Bowl, I will have no room to talk when my own team more than likely won’t even make the playoffs.
    I say anything over .500 is pretty good when you have a guy like Ted Thompson building rivals’ teams rather than his own. That said, it’s very obvious this not our year, and now all I can do is hope it’s not your either.
    The Vikings winning it all would be a very difficult pill to swallow. Your fans are obnoxious enough now, I don’t want to think how bad it would get after that.
    I guess I can take some comfort in knowing if it does happen, it will almost certainly, finally cost Ted his job. Even that still wouldn’t be worth all the ridicule we would face though.

22. sand0 says: Nov 24, 2009 7:55 AM

BeerCheese,
    All I can say is the same thing a former Vikings coach Mike Tice used to say. Enjoy the regular season.
    People get way too hung up in the super bowl biz. It gets kind of silly. 31 teams will fail to win the super bowl every year. The average team will win one every 3 decades. Yet we keep coming back.
    Your team is 6-4 and looks much better than last year. Most teams aren’t as good. Try to count your blessings and enjoy what your own club can do rather than just focusing on how we do.
    All you Packer fans accuse us of being obnoxious. Every obnoxious Vikings post is usually a response to some Packer trash talk with you being one of the main culprits.
    And you guys accuse us of caring more about how your team does than our own. Ironic isn’t it.

23. Chickenfoot says: Nov 24, 2009 8:40 AM

I see 2taperedshitterson is running off at the mouth again.
    This guy lost any credibility he had left when he offered to mail me some of his own shit.
    Who does that? Really?!
    Adam you are a skid mark on the underwear of life.

24. Supersuckers says: Nov 24, 2009 10:26 AM

Beer Cheese,
    Minnesota won’t play in the first round most likely. ted Thompson did everything he could to prevent Favre going to Minnesota. Blame Tannenbaum. ted isn’t going anywhere. 6-4 and in the race vs 4-12 season and 29 picks??? are you really this dumb?

25. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 24, 2009 11:22 AM

PervyHarvin says:
    November 23, 2009 8:00 PM
    ——————————-
    Hey, if you can call Aaron Rodgers “Erin”, then I can make fun of that guy for actually having that name. It’s actually pretty funny that you use “Erin” as an insult with Erin Henderson on your own roster. Makes you look (more) like an idiot.

26. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 24, 2009 11:23 AM

Capt. Jayrocks says:
    November 23, 2009 10:15 PM
    ——————————–
    I’d say it to your face. Purple is gay.
    This next part is for Florio… Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

27. Chickenfoot says: Nov 24, 2009 11:53 AM

I think I accused you of that there Adam.
    I may have mentioned a Cleveland steamer or a Hot Carl…but I never said I’d like to roll in crap.
    I think I was trying to get you entered in BigTurd 09. Talk to Super, he has all the rules.
    90% of these people don’t even know the Ragner moniker, shit for brains.
    I don’t want any of your special deliveries, send your mail somewhere else
    Nice try though, you know nothing of credibility.
    You are just an insignificant turd.
    You are the corn in my crap.

28. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 24, 2009 11:55 AM

purple hay-seuss says:
    November 23, 2009 7:59 PM
    Adam-Chris Scheftersen;
    —————————–
    Then I did misread you. Sorry about that.
    However, I’d be surprised if Harvin turns out to be much better than Devin Hester in the long run. They won’t run him straight out of the backfield because he’s not stout enough to play RB. They’ll get him the ball on end arounds, WR screens, as a receiver and returns. And when Favre hangs it up again, his numbers will plateau or decline. Favre has that effect on his receivers. They always look better with Favre than they do without him.
    And I’m not worried about Detroit. As a Viking fan, you shouldn’t be talking too tough about the Lions. Let’s not forget their two closest games in their record-breaking season last year came against your boys.

29. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Nov 24, 2009 11:59 AM

Chickenfoot says:
    November 24, 2009 11:53 AM
    I think I accused you of that there Adam.
    90% of these people don’t even know the Ragner moniker, shit for brains.
    I don’t want any of your special deliveries, send your mail somewhere else
    Nice try though, you know nothing of credibility.
    You are just an insignificant turd.
    You are the corn in my crap.
    —————————-
    At no point have you ever won any argument we’ve had. And we’ve had several, dating back to our old usernames.
    And again, you’re fascinated with poop. It always comes back to that. You want to know how they’re tapered for some reason. Is that because yours are only tapered on one end?

30. Chickenfoot says: Nov 24, 2009 12:56 PM

I’ve won every argument we’ve ever had you moron.
    You think your stat boy posts prove something?
    The only stats that matter are 9-1 and 6-4.
    The rest is just window dressing.
    I find all things fecal, funny.
    Supersuckers will get you signed up for BT10.
    You could evn win a travelling trophy!!
    And you can e-mail your poop, no having to deal with the USPS.
    You can’t have toilet paper in there when you take a pic with your cell phone though.

31. Supersuckers says: Nov 24, 2009 1:37 PM

Adam,
    Speaking of turds and shits we have a annual turd contest up here in the state of Minnesota. next year it will be called Big Turd2010. How it works is after you take a dump and turn around to admire its size and width (you know you do it) you snap a photo on your cell phone of the shit, single or double tapered it doesn’t matter, and send it via email with your name to a email address i will provide you if you are interested. There is a nominal $5 entry fee which goes to the prize pool and maintenance costs of the website. At the end of the year our panel of judges will selects ten turds to be sent back out to all the people that entered a turd that year for a mass vote. Winner takes all as far as the cash and possesses the traveling trophy for the next years contest. Would you be interested? If so send me your email as we like to send out a mailer and a welcome packet

32. lskynard87 says: Nov 24, 2009 3:00 PM

I’m not sure a Favre break down is imminent, they pulled him for Jackson and Favre’s play has been steady for the most part.
    His age is a factor, but it’s not all on his shoulders like it was last year with the Jets, that season is a non-factor when considering this season.
    The Vikings only lacked one major component for a playoff run and Favre has surprisingly delivered with it… and that missing component was consistency.

33. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 24, 2009 3:25 PM

sand0 says:
    ____________________________________
    Me? I do talk my share of trash, that’s the point of this site, but I also congratulate you guys when you win, and give the credit where it’s due.
    Every team has it’s share of obnoxious fans. We’re not exempt from that by any means. I’m sure you’ve seen a few Bob Nelson or Supersuckers postings on here by now. Just as we’ve all seen a few from Larrybird and Bigsky. No need to lump anyone else in there with any of those worthless hairs on the ass of society.
    I only dislike the bandwagon, I’m-a-fan-now-that-they’re-winning Viking fans. the rest of you, who have worn the purple all your lives, and suffered through your share of postseason choke jobs, have my utmost respect. I may hate your team, but I would never want to lose the rivalry. It’s a fun one for all of us.

34. Supersuckers says: Nov 24, 2009 4:14 PM

Beer Cheese,
    You cannot name one post of mine that wasn’t down to Earth and realistic and spoken with a level head. You calling for the firings with no credible solution on the other hand is THE classification of obnoxious. You admitted you know nothing about football and all you watch is the ball on the tv. You learn very little of what actually occurs watching the ball. Beer Cheese Soup here thinks there is a better solution but cant name it. Classic knowledgeless fan.

35. sand0 says: Nov 24, 2009 4:49 PM

Beer Cheese,
    Obviously if someone is a big enough Vikings dork to be posting anonymously and arguing with Packers dorks online they likely aren’t bandwagon hoppers as you like to put it.
    You constantly hurl those insults at people who will never, ever read them. Ironically I respond to this thread after you likely are to go back to it. Bandwagon hoppers are folks that only watch football when their local team is dominating. Minnesota fans are like this towards the T-Wolves but not the other 3 teams.
    We do have a tendency to hate on our team if they are anything short of great. I hate that about our fans to be honest. But bandwagon hoppers is a stupid term. Vikings typically rank in the top half of attendance/vs capacity at the stadium and local TV ratings. Obviously good seasons those numbers go up like this year where they are freaky high but they are always solid.
    So like always your random generalizations and insults really have nothing to do with the numbers and facts out there. But if you repeat them enough at least you can believe them yourselves. Perception is reality after all.
    Quick fact, Vikings/Seattle dome was 257 under capacity. Packers/Cowboys Lambeau was around 1000 under capacity. Can I call you guys bandwagon hoppers? Sell the tickets but don’t mean nothing to me if the folks don’t show up for the game.

36. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 24, 2009 6:34 PM

What???? Lambeau was NOT sold out to maximum capacity? There must be a rip in the space/time continuum!! Curly must be spinning in his hallowed grave!! Lordamighty! Call for an immediate investigation of Ted Thompson!! He surely had a hand in this! He and Brad Childress!! That’s it! Chilly bought 1000 Packers/Cowboys tickets! I knew I loved that bastard for a good reason.
    Thanks, Sando. I hate stats, but that one made my day.

37. Supersuckers says: Nov 24, 2009 9:51 PM

purple hay-suess,
    The game was sold out. Which means every ticket was paid for It was the no shows in the woods shooting deer (or attepting to) that decided they had something better to do. Green Bay Packer football games have never been “NOT sold to capacity”

38. Beer Cheese Soup says: Nov 25, 2009 2:53 AM

sand0 says:
    Beer Cheese,
    ____________________________________
    I’m still here. Actually, a number of the Favre fans who followed the Pack for years and are now on the Vikings wagon post on here fairly regularly. They would be the types I’m referring to.
    If, as you say, you are a true lifelong fan, and therefore my insults don’t apply to you personally, I am very glad to hear it. You can stop getting offended by them now then.
    Congrats on your team’s success up to this point. You all are in a position to make quite a run this year. While I won’t wish you luck, for obvious reasons, I will say your success is well-deserved. Regardless of what happens, enjoy the rest of the season.

39. Supersuckers says: Nov 25, 2009 9:54 AM

There is over 1/3 of the season left there Beer Cheese. No one is in a position to make a run until after the 12th game.

40. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 25, 2009 2:48 PM

So every single Green Bay Packers ticket in the history of Lambeau Field has been sold. This is why the NFL.com people named GB’s fans the best in the league.
    Thanks for setting me straight on that. If you can say that with a straight face, I can say correctly that the Minnesota Vikings have sold out every single Home Vikings game since 1998. And I can ignore the bleats of those Cheezers that say Minny’s fans are lame because they “don’t sell out games, even playoff games.”
    Thanks very much.

41. TheBaySay says: Nov 25, 2009 4:08 PM

@ Purple hay-seuss – “Sid (Astaire) Rice”?!? I have to admit I have never heard of either Sid Astaire or Astaire Rice. Now FRED Astaire did have a frequent dance partner named Cyd Charisse; was that who you were thinking of? Hahaha! Have to admit the idea of “Cyd” Rice dancing backward down the field in heels is pretty funny. Thanks for that image!

42. purple hay-seuss says: Nov 25, 2009 4:55 PM

BaySay,
    I was of course referring to Sidney Rice moving fluidly and with as much mastery of movement as old Fred.
    Fred’s most common partner was Ginger Rodgers. She is quoted once in answer to whether her dance parts were easier than Fred’s because he was leading:”No, they are equally as difficult but I have to do it backwards and in heels.”
    Nice try.

43. The Doctor says: Nov 25, 2009 10:54 PM

All this talk about the color purple being gay. A color is not gay, it is a color. As a matter of fact, the color purple has always been a sign of royalty and power. A color is not gay, being gay is gay. Also, wearing a hunk of cheese on your head is gay.

44. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: Dec 27, 2009 5:01 PM

Gay, gay, gay. Purple is gay.