Jason Witten a gametime decision for Thanksgiving game

Jason Witten’s slow season might get a little slower.

After hurting his ankle Sunday, Witten is a gametime decision for Thursday’s game against the Raiders.  Witten was limited in practice Tuesday.

“Jason did go through some of the walk-through as he did yesterday,” coach Wade
Phillips said. “We’re a little bit worried about him being able to
play.”

Witten leads the Cowboys with 54 receptions, but he’s averaging only 8.9 yards per catch and has only three plays over 20 yards all season.  He’s scored only one time.

If Witten misses the game, everyone’s favorite multihyphenate Martellus Bennett should get more of Tony Romo’s attention.

Permalink 34 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
34 Responses to “Jason Witten a gametime decision for Thanksgiving game”
  1. jermely says: Nov 24, 2009 6:27 PM

Well Thomas Howard should be able to keep Bennett from doing anything huge :)

2. JSpicoli says: Nov 24, 2009 6:29 PM

How are the Raiders 14 point dogs? As a better, not a Raider fan, I’m amazed at the blindness that the over-hating of the Raiders inspires.
    I might take the money line. What is it +500?

3. Abe71 says: Nov 24, 2009 6:45 PM

If Romo looks for Bennett, expect him to have a huge day

4. chapnasty says: Nov 24, 2009 6:45 PM

@ Jspicoli
    As a Cowboys fan I am taking the Raiders in this game with 2 of my buddies. The Cowboys look like absolute garbage right now and I honestly dont see them winning another game this season. Again, I am a DIE HARD cowboys fan and this is my biased opinion.
    As far as Witten goes, I think his ankle has been hurt all year because he has been about as fast as Andre Gurode.

5. VoxVeritas says: Nov 24, 2009 7:03 PM

“As a Cowboys fan I am taking the Raiders in this game with 2 of my buddies.”
    You’re no Cowboys fan.

6. chapnasty says: Nov 24, 2009 7:22 PM

@ Vox
    You are what us real fans call a moron. Your fanhood and complete lack of understanding of the game of football are an embarassment and you should be banished to your room that is obviously in the basement of your grandmother’s house (Vox’s Mommy kicked you out)

7. Borg30 says: Nov 24, 2009 7:47 PM

@chap,
    LOL

8. pdxbolt4life says: Nov 24, 2009 8:52 PM

Amen chapnasty

9. howiseeit says: Nov 24, 2009 8:56 PM

I agree — you are no Cowboy fan. Loser yes, Cowboy fan, no. You and your 2 buddies can do whatever you like together and it still won’t affect the game.

10. DarthPirate says: Nov 24, 2009 9:00 PM

As a Raiders fan I don’t expect the Raiders to win, but I do think they will cover that 14 point spread.
    If we had halfway decent QB play we would have a shot, but we don’t.
    Gradkowski isn’t all that great, and really almost threw the game away on several occasions against the Bengals.
    Still, we have a shot as long as turnovers are kept down.

11. Nation 86 says: Nov 24, 2009 9:49 PM

Raiders 52 White Cowboys 13

12. VoxVeritas says: Nov 24, 2009 11:14 PM

“You are what us real fans call a moron.”
    You don’t speak for anybody but you so stop trying. You’re not a real fan. You are taking the Raiders? “As a Cowboys fan” you’re taking the Raiders? Seriously? You’re not a real fan. Here’s another chance to run me off of PFT. If the Cowboys don’t win another game this season I’ll stop posting here. If they do win another game, you stick your head in a bucket of water for 45 minutes. Actually you should do that either way, you’re not a Cowboy fan. You’re just a bandwagon-riding fool that’s looking for friends on a blog. You’re what guys like me call “pathetic and lonely”. You’re definitely creepy.

13. VoxVeritas says: Nov 24, 2009 11:18 PM

“You are what us real fans call a moron.”

14. JSpicoli says: Nov 25, 2009 12:32 AM

The point is that this sounds like a bargain to me. I’m got my pick in before the line changes.
    The point Vox, is we are trying to win cash, homie, not become some homer that cannot analyze football.
    I’m a Raider fan and I haven’t bet on them all year (should have last week), but due to:
    a) Cowboys sucking last two weeks
    b) Injuries to Cowboys
    c) AFC > NFC
    d) Raiders changing QB’s/recent success
    I’m betting with my head AND my heart this week. G/L to all. Happy T/G

15. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 1:19 AM

“The point Vox, is we are trying to win cash, homie”
    Get a job, losers.

16. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 1:26 AM

Gamblers and fantasy football geeks have changed what being a “fan” means. You root for money and fantasy points and your support for what you say is your “favorite team” is secondary. I hope you guys lose your money and that your nerd buckets get a hole in them.

17. MadMark rAiDeR4LiFE says: Nov 25, 2009 1:55 AM

@VOX….wow i have to say i agree with chap…haha, i’m a die hard raiders fan but when friends and i do picks you have to really determine who is playing better. Clearly Oak. You scored 7 points the entire game on a weak wash. defense. haha. and when i do picks and we play a team like the chargers, i have to face reality and pick them to win. That doesnt mean i’m not a fan, that just shows how stupid you are and your football inteligence is at the same level as my dog! Have a good day cowgirl fans! :)

18. Abe71 says: Nov 25, 2009 2:43 AM

Yeah, going 1-1 the last 2 weeks sure sucks…..get real.
    It’s not even worth explaining

19. Bwa Ha Ha says: Nov 25, 2009 6:25 AM

Wow Vox, stepping up I see, predicting that the Cowboys will win at least one more game this year!! Wow, Whatta fan you are, whatta gutsy call!!

20. chapnasty says: Nov 25, 2009 6:34 AM

@ howiseeit and Vox
    Vox, you dont need multiple screen names you terd. Do I want the Cowboys to lose, obviously not. Do I think that until there is a head coach with balls, an Offensive coordinator who can call logical plays and a QB who can actually throw a football accurately, that we are doomed, yes. The logic is that the Cowboys are banged up, they are struggling to play consistent offense, Romo can’t hit an open receiver, Jason Campbell completed 3rd and long completions on several occasions, Nick Folk hasn’t been the same guy since his hip injury, Felix Jones isnt as explosive as he was previous to his latest injury and whats worse is that they Cowboys have a tough schedule for the rest of the season. You want to call me a non fan than fine, we have all seen your myspace page, not one single person on this site or possibly alive needs to justify anything they say to you. You are a clown. But since you asked and had the balls to question my 20 years as a fan then I will burry you. Take away your google and let’s talk some history you clown. Let’s talk X’s and O’s of football to see who understands the game better. Let’s use logic and try to understand the rest of the schedule before opening our mouths.
    1. Raiders: Playing well with a new QB and are a team with absolutely nothing to lose. It’s thanksgiving, big stage, what better way than to prove you are a real threat than to walk into Dallas and hand them an upset (that is what the wife beater Cable is saying, if you had ever been in a football locker room you might understand that)
    2. Giants: First of all every NFC east opponent can beat any NFC east opponent on any given Sunday which is obviously why the games are so exciting. This one is in NY and will be tough.
    3. Chargers: In case you missed the smack down they handed to the Broncos, you know the same team that Romo choked agains, they laid the smack down on them. A team on a roll that needs wins to make it to the playoffs. I can promise you Rivers comes in with more leadership and emotion that Romo
    4. Saints: If I need to go here then you are truly the dumbest person alive
    5. Redskins: Seriously? Did you actually WATCH the game last week? I know I was throwing things across my living room because of how terrible we played them. You think Campbell wont be trying to up his worth for free agency? IN WASHINGTON? Ever been there? You think Phlliy fans are bad, you have no idea.
    6. Eagles: I hate to say it but 44-6. The playoffs were on the line and Romo and the entire team choked it up last season. The same thing may be on the line again, only just for the Eagles, motivation is a powerful thing, too bad Romo cant rally the troops around his team with it.
    You are a waste of space, oxygen and comment thread. You just wasted the first 10 minutes of my day at work today having to put you in your place, which is a hole in the ground. Be gone rookie.

21. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 25, 2009 6:37 AM

Spicoli: Check out this teaser, I played it Monday.
    Oakland +21 [teased from: +14 points]
    Cincinnati -7 [teased from: -14 points]
    Philadelphia -2 [teased from: -9 points]
    Jacksonville +10.5 [teased from: +3.5 points]
    New England +10 [teased from: +3 points]
    Risk: 300.00 Pays: 1050.00 Status: PENDING
    Vox: One day your going to see short curly hair growing around your groin area. Don’t be alarmed, they’re called pubes.

22. Krow says: Nov 25, 2009 8:10 AM

Witten is killing my fantasy team. And now this.

23. VickIsNoQB says: Nov 25, 2009 8:34 AM

The pokes will win the game, but they’re not 14 pts better than anyone right now.
    The NFC Least is up for grabs. It will most likely come down to week 17 once again – birds at boys in JerryWorld.
    Some of you guys on here are way too serious… relax before you all have heart attacks.

24. VickIsNoQB says: Nov 25, 2009 8:38 AM

@Joe in Toronto…
    Only one I would worry about is Phi -2.
    As we know, they call them teasers for a reason…
    Good luck!

25. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 25, 2009 9:04 AM

VickIsNoQB: Thanks buddy.
    I know, I debated between Philly at -2 and the Vikings at -3 1/2
    I ended up choosing Philly because it’s under a FG, lol.

26. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 9:25 AM

“Raiders: Playing well with a new QB and are a team with absolutely nothing to lose. It’s thanksgiving, big stage, what better way than to prove you are a real threat than to walk into Dallas and hand them an upset (that is what the wife beater Cable is saying, if you had ever been in a football locker room you might understand that)”
    What a great point. The Raiders will win because they want to win really bad. It’s a wonder that you’re not on ESPN. I guess they didn’t want to win the 7 games they’ve lost so far this season, or the 56 games they’ve lost since the ’05 season. Man, to think that the difference between 56 losses in four and a half seasons and a fistful of Super Bowl rings is desire. What genius! Yes, I want fries with that, “coach”.

27. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 9:44 AM

Chapnasty you’ve made your prediction that the Cowboys wouldn’t win another game this season, we’ll see how much you know.

28. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 9:51 AM

“Vox: One day your going to see short curly hair growing around your groin area. ”
    You are spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about my groin area and I don’t appreciate it.
    And it’s “you’re”. “Your” and “you’re”, two different words with different meanings. I’ll cut you a break since English is obviously your second language, Joe in Toronto, Canada.

29. chapnasty says: Nov 25, 2009 9:54 AM

30. VoxVeritas says: Nov 25, 2009 10:03 AM

“Vox I am also predicting that you will die a lonely virgin. Both of those can happen and at least one of those things will happen.”
    Yeah, everybody dies. More genius from Coach Frylock. How does your hubby feel about you trying to argue like a man on PFT?

31. 70's Cowboys says: Nov 25, 2009 2:23 PM

OH! You just got burned! Vox just implied you were married to a man! That was the most original thing ever!
    I didn’t know how he’d respond to chapnasty being an internet tough guy and being completely retarded, but damn! Burn!
    Both of you are being retards. Vox for caring enough to try to insult someone he will never meet over the web, and chapnasty for thinking a team leading their division will actually not win another game for the rest of the season.

32. mattitude says: Nov 25, 2009 2:33 PM

@Vox Veritas
    Based on the comment below, you should be the last person correcting someone’s use of the English language. I’m getting kind of tired of pointing out your stupidity on this website. It’s not even a challenge anymore.
    “You don’t speak for anybody but you so stop trying.”

33. Whiterhino says: Nov 26, 2009 6:30 AM

VoxVeritas says:
    November 24, 2009 11:18 PM
    You’re what guys like me call “pathetic and lonely”. You’re definitely creepy.
    ——————
    Weird, because when I went onto Google and typed in “Vox Veritas” the Myspace page that came up definitely belonged to someone who I’d call pathetic (Mullet, Mustache) and lonely (Does anyone in Austin want to play Magic: The Gathering with me?).
    And we all know you’re creepy, because your response to this will be nothing short of a whiny little highschool girl posting a fake account of me you created.

34. VoxVeritas says: Nov 26, 2009 7:25 PM

“@VOX….wow i have to say i agree with chap…haha, i’m a die hard raiders fan but when friends and i do picks you have to really determine who is playing better. Clearly Oak. You scored 7 points the entire game on a weak wash. defense. haha.”
    Nice call, Faider fan. Next time, tell Al to bring an NFL-quality team with him.
    “OH! You just got burned! Vox just implied you were married to a man!”
    Actually I implied that he’s a chick. And I think “he” may be.
    “Weird, because when I went onto Google and typed in “Vox Veritas” the Myspace page that came up definitely belonged to someone who I’d call pathetic”
    Yeah you do strike me as the type that would take the first return on a damn Google search of a Latin term as proof positive of anything. I’m not lame enough to have a myspace page. But lookie who has a yahoo profile!
    P.S. I made you change your name. 13-9. And 20-16. In Philly. Suck it.
    P.P.S. – 24-7, Cowboys easily cover the spread. The bookies saw you suckers coming down the pike. You’re nothing but fish in a barrel. Especially chapnasty the stereotypical bandwagon fan and his two buddies. Don’t quit your day jobs, girls.