Ted Ginn's new highlight video

It’s lunchtime in the East, and we know that’s when you’re able to turn on the speakers and take in some video.

And while we’ve got a new offering aimed at taking advantage of that “sound on” time (it’ll be posted soon), here’s a little something to whet your appetite.  (And “whet” really is the right word.  Trust us on that.)

It’s the first official Ted Ginn highlight video.  With some very appropriate background music.

Troy Williamson doesn’t think it’s funny.

Permalink 24 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Miami Dolphins, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
24 Responses to “Ted Ginn's new highlight video”
  1. parasonic says: Nov 24, 2009 12:48 PM

incredible.

2. Chad Pennington's Noodle Arm says: Nov 24, 2009 12:50 PM

Slow news day, eh Florio?
    I agree though, Ginn is horrible.

3. jzimmpa says: Nov 24, 2009 12:52 PM

Ted Ginn Jr’s biggest problem is his eyes.
    He wears glasses everywhere, but not on the field. He might wear contacts but his vision is clearly the issue. He is mis-timing balls, crossing his arms as he is trying to catch.
    Ginn, do yourself and your career a favor and get your eyes fixed. Lasik or something like it will turn your career around.

4. jrod5 says: Nov 24, 2009 12:53 PM

they should do one for roy williams but i dont think the song is long enough

5. Consigliere says: Nov 24, 2009 12:54 PM

Thanks Cam Cameron! Ted Ginn and “his whole family” can’t catch a cold. Let’s use hindsight to see who we could have drafted at NINE!
    1. Patrick Willis
    2. Darrelle Revis
    3. Dwayne Bowe
    4. Jon Beason
    5. Anthony Gonzalez
    I just vomited in my mouth.

6. swede700 says: Nov 24, 2009 1:04 PM

Hey, jzim…that’s what the Vikings said about Troy Williamson as well…even sent him to people who could fix his vision…
    Sometimes you just have to come to the realization that it’s not just the eyes…it’s that he sucks as a WR.

7. okforko says: Nov 24, 2009 1:06 PM

Yeah, Boy-eed..

8. CoxCrow says: Nov 24, 2009 1:08 PM

For your amusement, jzimmpa:
    I don’t know who this speaks worse of…

9. BrownsTown says: Nov 24, 2009 1:14 PM

Consigliere,
    Yeah, you could have drafted those guys, but Dolphins fans were clamoring for Brady Quinn.

10. Fart Face Killa says: Nov 24, 2009 1:28 PM

LOL… I just saw this about a week ago. Someone on a message board sent me a link!
    Hilarious!
    I love Miami, but HATE HATE HATE Ted Ginn.

11. awfflpete says: Nov 24, 2009 1:42 PM

I just don’t understand how some players forget how to play football. How you can get to the NFL and suddenly not be able to catch the ball is ridiculous…..

12. Pablo0620 says: Nov 24, 2009 2:03 PM

I dont blame Tedd Ginn, I blame Cam Cameron and the clowns who drafted him. I hope Tedd can turn it around and start making some amazing plays on the field. Our receivers finally started catching balls in the Carolina game…and magically we win. I will leave with this, the NFL better watch out for Chad Henne when he gets average receivers. And imagine what he would do with good ones.

13. rusH1023 says: Nov 24, 2009 2:43 PM

jzimmpa says:
    Ted Ginn Jr’s biggest problem is his eyes.
    _______________________________________________
    Not buying it. You’re an apologist. There are some catches that he has in his grip and he can’t haul them in. They fall through his arms, they deflect off his fingers… It’s lack of concentration, lack of skill, I dunno. But as a 1st pick NFL receiver, you make those catches.

14. mborz says: Nov 24, 2009 3:00 PM

Florio, I’d like to see man up and come out and say what you have against this guy. Same with Leinart and Reggie Bush. So many negative stories about all 3 of them.
    Not that the 3 of them don’t deserve criticism — all of them do. But you seem to get some kind of “added” pleasure out of ragging on these guys, above and beyond what is typical. I’d like to know what it is.

15. lusdawg says: Nov 24, 2009 3:11 PM

It looks like Ginn feels the need to jump for almost every catch – doesn’t seem to matter how high the ball is thrown. Looks like he gets off his feet and flails in the air in an attempt to catch a ball that’s originally at chest height.

16. chapnasty says: Nov 24, 2009 3:18 PM

Hey Florio, since when did you care about it being lunch time and us being able to turn on the speakers? That stupid Samsung add that you are running on the main page is obnoxiously loud and irritating and has gotten me in trouble once or twice.

17. Codename says: Nov 24, 2009 3:30 PM

No one, not even people like myself in Columbus who watched every play of every OSU game, thought he should be drafted that high. Don’t blame the guy because someone else over drafted him. That’s like hating Heyward-Bey because the Raiders were dumb enough to draft him over Crabtree and Maclin.

18. NachoBidness says: Nov 24, 2009 4:26 PM

mborz says:
    November 24, 2009 3:00 PM
    ______________________________
    Florio is justifiably critical of all three. The negative stories are a result of their lack of performance compared to the expectations of each player.

19. overkil2 says: Nov 24, 2009 4:35 PM

It may be his eyes, but he is also scared. Look when he does catch the ball, he either falls right down or runs out of bounds anytime someone comes close to him.
    He has no heart or balls.

20. damnitall says: Nov 24, 2009 4:35 PM

@# Codename says: November 24, 2009 3:30 PM
    Has any reporter even mentioned Crabtree having a great or even a good game? He did finally decided he wasn’t worth what he thought he was and decided to report and start playing, didn’t he?

21. mborz says: Nov 24, 2009 6:26 PM

@NachoBidness: I’m not saying he shouldn’t be critical of them — in my original comment I said they all deserved criticism.
    My point is, there are other bigger busts than these three that don’t get nearly the same attention, and I was asking Florio why.
    I’m sure he appreciates you defending him, though.

22. gobearsgo says: Nov 25, 2009 7:53 AM

Well, if they were choosing between him and Quinn, it’s not like they chose wrong, exactly.
    Games vs. the Lions notwithstanding, that’s a no-win situation. Rough day at work for the Miami draft squad…

23. hineswardcriesafterfumbling says: Nov 25, 2009 8:14 AM

Crabtree has been pretty solid since deciding he wasn’t worth what he thought he was.
    Ginn was an average receiver at OSU. I think everyone knew Gonzalez was a better wide receiver. But look at a few guys who were polished, phenominal receivers at the college level. I’m thinking of Braylon Edwards and Limas Sweed. They drop more balls than puberty.
    A friend of mine was a scout for the steelers when they drafted sweed. i asked him why sweed wasn’t on the field more, and he simply said, sweed doesn’t have it.

24. drubatuba says: Nov 25, 2009 11:07 PM

Phin fan here,
    Ted Ginns problem is that he is afraid of getting hit, plain and simple. When he DOES cath the ball he runs to the sidelines.
    There have been multiple occasions where he has returned a punt, ran to the sideline, and instead of stretching the play (which we all know he can do) he runs out of bounds. I can probably count the times hes been tackled on one hand. But when he’s in the middle of the feild and theres 10 guys running straight at him he slips away.