Haslett says he has been contacted by NFL team

UFL coach Jim Haslett, who previously served as head coach of the Saints and interim coach of the Rams, has admitted that he has been contacted by an NFL team, according to FanHouse.com.

Though Haslett has declined to name the team that has contacted him, only one team currently is looking for a head coach — and Haslett has been linked to only one team.

The Buffalo Bills.

It’s also possible that Haslett has been contacted by the Buccaneers regarding the possibility of taking over a defense that previously was coordinated by Jim Bates.

Haslett isn’t the only employee of the 6-1 Florida Tuskers, who lost the inaugural UFL title game in overtime, to draw interest from the NFL.

“A lot of guys have been contacted; myself, a bunch of coaches have been contacted, so we’ll see,” Haslett said.

Haslett was a candidate for the Bills job the last time it was vacant, but owner Ralph Wilson opted to hire Dick Jauron.

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, St. Louis Rams, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Haslett says he has been contacted by NFL team”
  1. red13 says: Nov 28, 2009 8:39 PM

From a Rams fan, I hope he goes to a team in our division. Haslett has always been a complainer and an excuse-maker and I was so glad he didn’t get the head coaching job here. If it is Buffalo, they’d better get ready for a few more losing seasons. You’ll get a lot of tough talk and bluster, but not results.

2. Drat says: Nov 28, 2009 8:57 PM

Plenty of folks like the man, for some reason. But as a coach, he’s just horrible. Not very bright. Won’t take responsibility for his actions. But the main thing is this: lousy coach with utterly putrid defenses.

3. Cubano says: Nov 28, 2009 9:35 PM

Well if it was the Brown that contacted him, I wouldn’t really classify that as an “NFL” Team.

4. Nemesis says: Nov 28, 2009 9:57 PM

To: Jim Haslett
    From: Stadium Director of Facilities
    Subject: Final Notice
    Dear Jim,
    Please refrain from using the restroom stalls for unauthorized advertisement and posting of flyers by parking lot.

5. Larry David says: Nov 28, 2009 10:33 PM

Wow, talk about a let down for Bills fans, Jim Haslett, seriously? I’d rather let T.O. coach the Bills.

6. Hound32 says: Nov 28, 2009 11:06 PM

Hey Cubano Learn the English Language . It’s The Browns and Yes Asswhipe they are a NFL Team with a lot of Tradition and A Very passionate fan base . yeah I Am one of them .

7. red13 says: Nov 28, 2009 11:14 PM

Hound32:
    Good answer! As a Rams fan, I feel your pain and respect your defense of your team.

8. WashingtonRedstorms says: Nov 28, 2009 11:38 PM

Al Davis has contacted him.

9. cobrala2 says: Nov 29, 2009 12:01 AM

I got nothing against the Browns, I pity their fans if anything, but there is no such word as asswhipe. It’s asswipe. You don’t whipe your ass but you do (hopefully) wipe your ass after you’re done moving your bowels.

10. bigbolt says: Nov 29, 2009 1:12 AM

I didn’t know that Dairy Queen had an NFL team???

11. tatum32 says: Nov 29, 2009 6:16 AM

Haslett is ok. There have been other assistants and re-tread coaches FAR WORSE.