Jason Campbell says "everything blacked out" after hit on final drive

The Redskins’ chances against the Eagles on Sunday ended with quarterback Jason Campbell taking a hard shot on a fourth-down play, being flung to the ground after throwing a pass.

After the game, Campbell talked about what occurred.

“I tried to hurry
up and give it to [Santana Moss] and the guy actually threw me on top of my head,” Campbell said on Comcast Sportsnet’s Postgame Live (via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post).  “And when he slammed me down on my head everything blacked out, my left
arm was numb and I had the breath knocked out of me.”

Campbell remained on the ground for several minutes after the play.  No penalty was called.

But at least Campbell still has his sense of humor.  Asked whether a flag would have been thrown if Tom Brady had been the quarterback, Campbell said, “Yeah, I think it was a 15-yarder maybe.”

Permalink 21 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Injuries, Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories, Washington Redskins
21 Responses to “Jason Campbell says "everything blacked out" after hit on final drive”
  1. chunky soupy sales says: Nov 29, 2009 6:51 PM

Then again, Tom would have thrown a TD on the play, also.

2. B_radC says: Nov 29, 2009 7:02 PM

I’m not sure that is a sense of humor. I think that might just be fact.

3. HgMeng says: Nov 29, 2009 7:10 PM

Maybe it was because of the tears in his eyes?

4. Richm2256 says: Nov 29, 2009 7:13 PM

“But at least Campbell still has his sense of humor”
    When asked if he remembered playing QB for the Redskins, he laughed and said “that’s a good one!”
    “No seriously, what team DO I play for?”

5. jpk6044 says: Nov 29, 2009 7:15 PM

Pussy.

6. Bird Man says: Nov 29, 2009 7:20 PM

Yea takes a good sense of humor to know one…you two are a couple of riots…

7. Joe in Toronto, Canada says: Nov 29, 2009 7:30 PM

All bullshit aside, that was a blatant penalty that somehow, was never called.
    They’ll fine him, like usual, but how they missed that call is beyond me.
    For the record, I was pulling for Philly.

8. rockotica says: Nov 29, 2009 7:41 PM

that is a penalty; what a horrible job by the refs as usual.
    the refs screw up nfl games every week in the nfl. every damn week.
    why even watch football the refs will just screw everything up guaranteed? and y is funny that he said brady would get that call [which he would]? y is it funny that one player gets legit special treatment and every1 knows it?? NFL IS A JOKE.

9. boysroll says: Nov 29, 2009 7:48 PM

soon to be former deadskin QB….boy…going to have to clean house next yr dskins….org is in shambles and probably need about 10 players just to compete week to week…
    go boys….SB.

10. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 29, 2009 8:04 PM

Then again, Tom would have thrown a TD on the play, also.

11. JohnnyH says: Nov 29, 2009 8:21 PM

Yeah I was surprised there wasn’t a flag thrown. He got thrown to the ground like a rag doll.

12. Bwa Ha Ha says: Nov 29, 2009 8:30 PM

Maybe next season he can be the Eagles #2 QB?

13. boysroll says: Nov 29, 2009 8:52 PM

stop crying about the officials and win a game….thats a loser mentality and this is tackle football so the refs should put the flags away on tackles….come on.,
    go cowboys SB

14. JayPhilly says: Nov 29, 2009 8:57 PM

Bwa Ha Ha: Kolb and McNabb aren’t going anywhere; everyone in Philly knows this whether they like it or not.
    Rockotica: Learn how to write. PFT is a part of NBC now! They even Florio moved out his mom’s basement as a part of the partnership.
    For the record: Should have been 15 yards, but the throw to the ground was after the ball was thrown, so it didn’t affect the play…

15. jk7761 says: Nov 29, 2009 9:19 PM

Also rooting for philly, but that was a blatant penalty.

16. boleyn9 says: Nov 29, 2009 9:36 PM

As a Skins fan, I envy Campbell. I wish I could blackout this entire season.

17. whatthef? says: Nov 29, 2009 10:02 PM

why has the NFL become such a puss league? You think Montana, Marino, and Aikman have never been tackled like that? Campbell shoulda gotten rid of the ball earlier if he didn’t want to get tackled hard. Stay in the pocket and bad things will happen.

18. VoxVagina says: Nov 29, 2009 10:36 PM

JayPhilly- Roughing the passer is always called after the ball is thrown… I’m a huge Eagles fan and bias aside that was clearly a flag. Parker got away with one

19. packermaninindy says: Nov 29, 2009 11:03 PM

If I played for this team, my head would hurt all the time.

20. sonvar says: Nov 30, 2009 9:51 AM

Parker did get away with that as he had no need to throw Campbell to the ground. Had it been Payton Manning or Tom Brady I guarantee that flag is thrown

21. bake says: Nov 30, 2009 1:28 PM

Amazing no flag on that…….Especially in the era where players pull the imaginary flag outta their pockets every game. Bednarik and co. despise this sort of thing, and I agree.
    Seriously that woulda been a bigtime first down and 15 yards had it happened to one of the precious qb’s like Brady or Manning, or Romo. The refs are often subjective and inconsistent, it drives viewers nuts.