Report: Ruskell won't return to Seattle

On Friday, Mike Florio wondered if the Seahawks had already decided to part ways with G.M. Tim Ruskell at the end of the season.

ProfootballWeekly reports the decision has indeed been made, and Ruskell has been notified that he won’t get a chance to turn Seattle’s fortunes around.

With this cat apparently out of the bag, speculation season will pick up in Seattle regarding the next decision maker of the Seahawks franchise.  Mike Holmgren has already received plenty of buzz as an option, despite his mixed performance as the team’s personnel chief last time around.

With an excellent fan base and an owner willing to pay top dollar, the Seahawks job should be a very attractive one for any would be G.M.

Permalink 10 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
10 Responses to “Report: Ruskell won't return to Seattle”
  1. Farves sweet Hair says: Nov 29, 2009 11:33 PM

The Fatso is a coach not a GM.

2. The Notorious V.I.C. says: Nov 29, 2009 11:47 PM

Paul Allen says: “Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now, Ruskell!!!!!!”

3. Tim says: Nov 29, 2009 11:48 PM

4. daffy87 says: Nov 29, 2009 11:57 PM

They’ll certainly hire Mike Holmgren as their next GM. Which means Cleveland will have to look elsewhere for their VP of football. Ron Wolf & Ernie Accorsi are still available.

5. SeaColt213 says: Nov 30, 2009 12:40 AM

I like the idea of Holmgren as our GM as he is sort of the “cool uncle” of this Seattle family. However Holmgren is still suspect on a few levels which confuses myself as to why I still give him the credit I do.
    He has fairly poor play calling/clock management which leads me to believe he’s a little hasty.
    He might be thinking from a coaching perspective instead of a GM’s perspective (that will be temporary as Holmgren is not stupid by any means).
    And he’s WON ONE Super Bowl… (With Brett Favre) and LOST TWO Super Bowls and people treat him like he’s the second coming of Lombardi. I worry that attitude might cloud the evaluating of the ‘checks n balances’ of the organization…
    I don’t know. There are a bunch of GM’s out there I wouldn’t mind seeing in Seattle. Personally if Holmgren left the equation I’d be interested to see if Paul Allen could lure one large tuna. A stretch, but not out of the realm of possibility.
    Anything to get my Hawks on track. Thank god for you Peyton, I’d be suicidal about now without my AFC mistress.

6. WashingtonRedstorms says: Nov 30, 2009 1:09 AM

You sure they didn t mean Russell?

7. Hawksfan says: Nov 30, 2009 2:53 AM

” Now we wonder how coach Jim Mora feels about possibly losing the man who hired him. ”
    Hopefully Mora will be the next to follow, not wondering about losing the man who hired him.

8. Vaxman says: Nov 30, 2009 9:17 AM

Well, they may have jumped the gun a lil bit!!! Don’t they know they have the greatest offensive weapon in the NFL????!? What are they thinking?? TJ Douchemanzadeh and Matt “my back hurts” Hasselback are going to have “top five seasons” remember? Man… I mean Douchemanzadeh is a machine… Catching passes like a slow ass tight end…

9. texasPHINSfan says: Nov 30, 2009 12:13 PM

“Tim says:
    November 29, 2009 11:48 PM
    BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL YEAR!!!! I WAS GOING TO PUT THE $5500 I NORMALLY PAY FOR MY CLUB SEATS IN MY ROTH IRA NEXT YEAR. NOW – DEPENDING ON THE REPLACEMENT I’LL HAVE TO RECONSIDER………”
    yikes! i’d probably just put that money in the IRA anyway. sounds like you’ll need that $$ more than the seahawks will. ;)
    in other news, mora is not a good head coach.

10. Dave The Dude says: Nov 30, 2009 3:50 PM

This is the best news I’ve had all day. GO HAWKS!!!!!!
    Ruskell cost us Hutchinson, drove Holmgren out of town, brought his buddy Mora in, drafted a freaking linebacker with the #4 pick in a LT-rich draft when it is obvious that Walter Jones is done, dumped Shaun in favor of some bum who couldn’t get a starting job in Dallas and still hasn’t managed to put up more than 2.0 YPC yet! And if that’s not bad enough, Ruskell gave up a 1st-round pick for Deon Branch! I won’t even mention all the failed draft picks with back/knee problems and such.
    Ruskell has taken a SuperBowl team and turned it into a perennial toilet-dweller. Good riddance!
    GO HAWKS!! KEEP IT LOUD, 12TH MAN!!