Saints putting the rest of the league on notice

Early in Monday night’s game between the Patriots and the Saints, it appeared that New England was heading toward a 14-3 lead.

Mike McKenzie put a stop to that.

And then Drew Brees took it from there.

Three touchdown passes later, the Saints seem to be cruising to their 11th win, 24-10.

The first score came on a short pass to Pierre Thomas, followed by an impressive scamper and dive into the end zone.

Next came one of the worst blown coverages of all time, resulting in a 75-yard catch-and-run by Devery Henderson that prompted me to wonder aloud, Twitter style, whether that was a real play, or whether my kid was playing Madden against the dog, again.

Then, after a field goal from the Pats cut the score to 17-10, Brees found previously underachieving first-round wideout Robert Meachem for a 38-yard score.

For the first half, Brees has completed 11 of 13 passes for 229 yards and three touchdowns.

We’re not writing off New England, but the Saints look as good as any team we’ve seen since the 1985 Bears — including the 2007 Patriots, the 1999 Rams, the 1998 Vikings, and the 49ers of the Walsh-Montana-Young heyday.

Permalink 106 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
106 Responses to “Saints putting the rest of the league on notice”
  1. Franchise says: Nov 30, 2009 10:12 PM

I’ll hold my judgement on the Saints being unstoppable till they face a defense with a good pass rush.
    I’m suprised the Pats offense isn’t keeping up, but not suprised that Brees is eating the defense up like a bowl of New England Clam Chowder.

2. PervyHarvin says: Nov 30, 2009 10:12 PM

Yah,look like they could keep up with the 2009 Vikings Florio,pretty good.

3. FootballFanatik says: Nov 30, 2009 10:12 PM

This is one of the best match ups this season. Two dominant teams playing their hearts out.
    Love it!

4. DJP says: Nov 30, 2009 10:15 PM

Yeah Florio, it’s going just like you said it would on Duemig’s show today huh? Yeah, I don’t rcall you saying the Saints would be up 24-10 at the half. Again. Stick to lawyering. Tiger could probably use you, football, can not.

5. danj0306 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:15 PM

Every time I read a PFT post about how a team is cruising to a victory, I end up comming back 2 hours later to a new post that reads something like this one may read. “Brady leading the Pats back in the 2nd Half”

6. FumbleNuts says: Nov 30, 2009 10:15 PM

“The Pats had a chance to cut the lead to 13 before intermission, but Steve Gostkowski missed a 50-yard field goal to the left.”
    Beicheat should call up Brandon Coutu.

7. JPeezy says: Nov 30, 2009 10:15 PM

The Pats just aren’t that good. They haven’t won a title in 5 years and people still act like they are a dynasty or something…. No spy cameras, no chance.

8. Bob Buckowski says: Nov 30, 2009 10:16 PM

The Count is pissed, don’t ever rattle off great teams without metioning his “76″ Raydahs……

9. Bigskyvikes says: Nov 30, 2009 10:17 PM

Wow, what a game!
    I hope the Patriots get a win here some how, because if the Vikings have to play these Saints in there house for the Championship game, YUK!!
    I love my Vikes, but they picked a hell of a year to be great, because the Saints look unstoppable at home.
    Just too bad if they lose to these guys in NFC champ game, the losers like jimmyshit and quavenelson will say “see the melt down told you” blah blah blah wha wha wha. All I know is it will be one hell of a slugfest.
    Go Vikes!
    But like they say, “any given Sunday”

10. nfcbeast says: Nov 30, 2009 10:18 PM

The Saints are just insane and i love that they are going bonkers on the Patriots. Nothing better than an NFC team putting a beat down on an AFC team….especially NE.
    I hope Brees runs one in himself just to put an extra bit of icing on top of the cake. Maybe an Elway run but actually spin around and land in the end zone.
    Brady is gonna cry and blame everyone but himself after tonight. He’s def not the type of player that would give any kudos to the Saints for deflowering his ass.

11. MrHumble says: Nov 30, 2009 10:19 PM

The Saints are very impressive but I still say the last team they want to meet up with is the Vikings as it is not a good matchup for the Saints. Tonite they are doing well with the run and play action pass but that won’t be there against the Vikings. The Vikings defense will shut down the Saints running game and will put more pressure on Brees with their front four than the Saints have yet to see this year. The Saints have a good passing game but I don’t think being one-dimensional against the Vikings will allow their pass game to excel. Don’t get me wrong, the Saints are very very good, it’s just not a good matchup for them against the Vikings.

12. FranktheTank says: Nov 30, 2009 10:19 PM

Florio, you sound just like Jaworski, Trico and Gruden:
    Jaworski – “The Saints are good”
    Trico – “Yeah, they’re real good”
    Gruden – “Who wants to give Drew Brees a blow job in the locker room at halftime first?”

13. CutlerSucks says: Nov 30, 2009 10:19 PM

Easy to look great when the Pats have ZERO pass rush and a below average secondary. Patriots defense sucks.

14. The Real Shuxion says: Nov 30, 2009 10:20 PM

I do say my team is on the wrong side of an ass kicking.

15. Postman says: Nov 30, 2009 10:20 PM

The ’98 Vikings?

16. glenno08 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:23 PM

the Saints are really good but Jonathan Willhite is the worst excuse for a conerback in the NFL. Can’t cover, can’t tacle and can’t blitz

17. Raider Pride says: Nov 30, 2009 10:23 PM

You write will Mr. Florio.
    It is Kind of like a conversation between guys watching the game.
    Now that I sucked up to you… Can you do something so the Sunday Night Chat is on the regular P.F.T. site feed as well as NBC’s.
    YOU SEE…. here in fricken Canada the NBC feed is blocked by the Canadian Government… They are worried about Canadian Stations who pick up NBC not getting the Canadian Advertising from local stations broadcasting the NBC feed direct… Even over the Internet.
    I know this is a pain in the ass request.. But if the Boomer can show CFL Highlights in his 3 minute half time piece… You to can reach out to your P.F.T. Canadian Followers.

18. StatAddict says: Nov 30, 2009 10:25 PM

Up 14 at the half isn’t putting anyone on notice.

19. Hooby says: Nov 30, 2009 10:28 PM

theyre slowly becoming the patriots of a few years ago, the steelers of this year, and the cowboys of most recent years…theyre just now becoming a force to reckon with and EVERY saints fan i know is making sure everyone knows it
    i think the saints are on their way to becoming one of the most hated teams in the nfl near the steelers, patriots, cowboys, and raiders

20. nfcbeast says: Nov 30, 2009 10:28 PM

All hail Jaworski and Gruden, combined they are the new Madden.

21. Osterhouse says: Nov 30, 2009 10:28 PM

Florio, is this possible, I dont know what the court situation is as I (and you and everyone) have forgotten about this…..but….what if the Saints/Vikings meet in the NFC conference championship and both the Williams Wall and the Saints D-ends are suspended for the Starcaps stuff. What an epic mess that would be. It would def hurt my Vikings more, even though Jimmy Kennedy has been sneaky good this year. I would assume for the sake of the game and this season those suspensions would not be enforced anytime soon even if the court of appeals goes with the NFL and allows for the suspensions. Or even better, if the NFL after their precious Pats lose tonight…decide to enforce the 4 game suspension on the Saints DEs

22. StatAddict says: Nov 30, 2009 10:30 PM

Since when are 50-yard field goals only worth one point?

23. BostonISaChraphole says: Nov 30, 2009 10:30 PM

Mike Florio is putting TMZ.com on notice. See I can do it too. I could easily blow everything I see out of porportion and jump up and down and say look at me too. It is just ridiculous claim after claim week in and week out. Try to relax a little bit, ESPN should have something real soon you can spin into a big deal just keep hitting refresh.

24. carp killah says: Nov 30, 2009 10:33 PM

Well, the big story here as far as I’m concerned is the weak line play on both sides of the ball by NE. No pass protection on offense, no pressure on Brees on defense.
    The other thing I would say is that despite getting younger on defense, the Patriots didn’t improve by losing all of their leaders on defense. Regardless of age, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, some of those guys were valuable leaders on a much weaker defense.
    I think New Orleans is strong, but Minnesota will do what they always do (I was there against Atlanta in the NFC Championship game), the league is just much weaker this year in general. I think Indy will pummel whoever the end up playing.
    Oh, and this one isn’t over, don’t count out New England yet.

25. danj0306 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:33 PM

26. Bob Loblaw says: Nov 30, 2009 10:34 PM

Notice for what? That they’re good? Gee, I wished I heard about that before tonight.
    If the Saints win this game, the “can they go undefeated?” talk will ramp up and multiple every week. That adds a lot of pressure to teams. From memory (so sorry of I have years or records incorrect) that hasn’t been a good thing:
    2005 — The Colts start about 13-0 and lost in the division round to the Steelers.
    2007 — The Patriots make it undfeated the entire regular season. I think everyone knows how that ended.
    2008 — The Titans started about 12-0 or 13-0, and also did not make out of the divisional round, then started 0-6 the next year.
    So going undefeated deep into the regular season hasn’t really worked out. I guess the players get worn down answering the “can you do it?” question 20 times a day, or overthink their place in NFL history, or just get tired of hearing about the douche bags from the ’72 Dolphins keeping the champaign on ice waiting for them to lose.

27. BostonISaChraphole says: Nov 30, 2009 10:35 PM

Robert Kraft looked like he was sitting on a Hemorrhoid Donut, is that news too? Did you see how high up in his chair he was sitting?

28. ahajha says: Nov 30, 2009 10:37 PM

BOOM! WHAT AN ANSWER BY BREES AND THE SAINTS!

29. TylerDurden says: Nov 30, 2009 10:38 PM

The Pats are who I thought they were…..BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

30. PervyHarvin says: Nov 30, 2009 10:38 PM

Brees isn’t getting touched at all. We all know the Vikings reach out and smash the qb better than any team in the NFL(40sacks compared to Patriots 18) Patriots d backs look lost. Griffin and Winfield wouldn’t look this bad. I still think the Vikes can spread it around more than the Saints and get them on their heels. Be one hell of a game.

31. pedd says: Nov 30, 2009 10:40 PM

when the bengals beat the saints in the SB. it will be sweet

32. Osterhouse says: Nov 30, 2009 10:41 PM

Postman says:
    November 30, 2009 10:20 PM
    The ’98 Vikings?

33. red98 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:41 PM

The ’98 Vikings?
    How about the ’98 Broncos?

34. Franchise says: Nov 30, 2009 10:41 PM

Postman says:
    November 30, 2009 10:20 PM
    The ’98 Vikings?
    Thats what I see as well. A great offense with a decent defense that can play loose with a lead.
    StatAddict says:
    November 30, 2009 10:25 PM
    Up 14 at the half isn’t putting anyone on notice.
    31-17. 8 minutes left in the 3rd.
    One word: Domination.

35. Richm2256 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:42 PM

These guys are scary good ….. I’d heard all the talk about a weak schedule, and a one-dimensional team, I have seen the patriots light up lesser defenses than NO and I’ve seen the New England defense handle some pretty good teams this year ……
    but New Orleans is really putting it to them on BOTH sides of the ball. They’re playing the Pats way harder than Manning and the Colts did.
    I have always liked Drew Brees, and thought SD made a huge mistake letting him go, but I never thought he’d be THIS good. Vikes fans, you have something to worry about come playoff time.

36. pilot08 says: Nov 30, 2009 10:43 PM

Panthers should have beat them in New Orleans.. You can’t get into a throwing contest with them.. Run the ball and convert on 3rd downs and any team can beat them.

37. Osterhouse says: Nov 30, 2009 10:53 PM

Can we just have the Vikings/Saints game like 1 week after Winfield is back so he shakes off the rust. No 1 wants to see the other bum NFC teams. Lets just have Saints vs Vikings at a site like St. Louis..super nuetral, and in a dome…and winner auto goes to super bowl. Most retarded idea ever? Maybe. Wouldnt it be epic though?

38. MrHumble says: Nov 30, 2009 10:54 PM

The Pats are but a freakin’ shell of their dynasty teams. Trading Seymour to the Raiders is gonna cost them….this year. No defensive rush, no db’s….hell, no defense period. While many thought this would be an epic monday nite game, i just didn’t see it what with the pat’s terrible defense. The best matchup for the Saints will be against the likes of the Colts and Vikings, as they are definitely the only 3 elite teams in the nfl this year.

39. MrHumble says: Nov 30, 2009 10:56 PM

Colts are lucky, they don’t have to play either the Saints or Vikings to get to the SB….

40. Hugh says: Nov 30, 2009 10:59 PM

No one touches the Shaqtus.

41. bustabloodvessel says: Nov 30, 2009 11:05 PM

Not worried about my Vikes against these guys in the NFC championship game, but I hope it’s as good a game as it looks like it will be.

42. rhf123 says: Nov 30, 2009 11:06 PM

I’ve seen almost all of the Saints games this year and I am not a Saints fan. They’re the best team in football and will win it all this year. They’re historically good.

43. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 30, 2009 11:11 PM

Shame the Vikings will choke in their first playoff game and will never get to travel to New Orleans and play the Saints. Hot Cardinals/Eagles team could easy do that.
    Vikes/Saints would be a good game, but don’t see anyone beating the Saints at home.

44. Franchise says: Nov 30, 2009 11:13 PM

I RUN UP THAT SCORE MR PAYTON!!!
    Belicheat looks scared.
    I hope to god us NFL fans get to see the Saints vs Vikings.
    It might be a better game than the Super Bowl.

45. FootballPhil says: Nov 30, 2009 11:13 PM

No way the Vikings can keep up with the Saints in a track meet. Brees is a beast.

46. MNFANINAZ says: Nov 30, 2009 11:13 PM

eh hem… while everyone is freaking out about this Saints team, might I remind everyone that Minnesota and New Orleans played last year and the Vikes beat them in the Superdome… teams are pretty much the same with the exception of Sharper on the Saints and God (#4) now playing for the Vikes!
    If it wasnt for a couple of Reggie Bush punt returns… vikes blow em out. Brees certainly didn’t do to us what he’s doing to this embarassing Patriot defense.
    Saints don’t scare me.
    look at the history of these two clubs… Vikes punk them nearly every time we play em.
    all we do is win!!
    all we do is win!!
    if there were ever a franchise that we own its the saints.
    SKOL!

47. troll_aikman8 says: Nov 30, 2009 11:15 PM

They could’ve used Seymour tonight.

48. Vikes#28Owns says: Nov 30, 2009 11:15 PM

Probably should be rooting against the Saints in hopes of home field advantage but watching Brady sulk on the sidelines is far to priceless to pass up. Keep it up Brees.

49. ShruggingGalt says: Nov 30, 2009 11:22 PM

The Patriots quit during that last drive…down 3 scores, and you RUN?????
    Then Brady didn’t even TRY to stop the INT runback….

50. jaxdolfan says: Nov 30, 2009 11:22 PM

2 things.
    1. When did that Malcom in the Middle kid get the Saints HC job?
    2. When will Bill Bellycheat learn that you cant let all of your defensive stars go and just plug in anyone now that Pioli is gone.

51. BlitzDorsey says: Nov 30, 2009 11:23 PM

Mr Florio:
    It’s time for you to throw in the towel when it comes to making predictions. You are one of the worst in the biz! You do excellent work otherwise, but your predictions are dog crap (but a hair above cat crap).
    The Patriots were going to roll the Saints tonight, right? Just like your Super Bowl prediction a couple years ago (Pats-Giants, which you thought the Pats would win by 30). There are hundreds of other examples as the guy from ESPN.com outlined. He thinks you are the worst football writer in the country at making predictions and I would have to agree.

52. sven_ftw says: Nov 30, 2009 11:24 PM

question: how is it that new england does not have a SINGLE pass rusher??
    vikes would definitely interrupt that timing… and stuff that run.

53. Dont Taze Me Bro says: Nov 30, 2009 11:24 PM

if the media ever did it’s job, they would have properly pointed out that getting rid of Asante Samuel and Richard Seymour were huge mistakes.
    They had the cap space to keep Samuel but they were arrogant enough to believe the hype that they could just coach up anyone.
    Any of you Pats fans want to trade that draft pick back to Oakland for Seymour right about now?
    Pats defense can’t rush the passer and can’t cover. The only thing they can do is stop the run, if you run directly at Wilfork. Maybe they can trade away Wilfork this offseason and the media will tell us how smart that was.

54. JPeezy says: Nov 30, 2009 11:24 PM

Saints vs Vikings in the playoffs will be an epic game if it happens….

55. jeremiah says: Nov 30, 2009 11:24 PM

MNFANINAZ
    the saintsdefens was NOWHERE near as good as they are this year, and that is the difference between last years saints and this years.
    all brees does is throw TDs!
    all brees does is throw TDs!
    all you do is play the easiest sched. in the league!
    all you do is play the easiest sched. in the league!
    WHO DAT?
    soory man but you don’t “own” anyone. the saints are a better, more complete team. yes i said it. more complete. deal with it.

56. red13 says: Nov 30, 2009 11:24 PM

How about Belichick giving up and pulling Brady with 5 min left? Holy Cow!
    I’ve never seen BB concede a game like this…Wow.

57. FootballPhil says: Nov 30, 2009 11:26 PM

# MNFANINAZ says: November 30, 2009 11:13 PM
    Saints don’t scare me.
    all we do is win!!
    all we do is win!!
    if there were ever a franchise that we own its the saints.
    SKOL!
    —————————————————–
    Who cares about what happened last year? It’s this year now. Plus, why are you referring to the Vikings as “we”? Are you on the team?
    “You” didn’t win against the Steelers.
    You can tell the Vikings’ fan’s are scared about playing the Saints. But don’t worry guys because your team is one and done in the post season anyways. Then it’s on to sunny L.A.

58. SF Saints Fan says: Nov 30, 2009 11:26 PM

11-0
    The Saints are who we thought they were………still undefeated baby!!!!!!!

59. 12+81=7 says: Nov 30, 2009 11:28 PM

This hurts to watch. So many missed chances. But gotta hand it to the Saints, they are one hell of a team. If the Pats don’t win the Super Bowl, I hope they do.

60. SmackMyVickUp says: Nov 30, 2009 11:43 PM

Vikes haven’t embarrassed any good teams this year.
    Saints embarrassed the Eagles, Giants, and Pats.
    Vikings:
    27-24 49ers
    33-31 Baltimore
    Lost to the Squeelers 27-17
    But hey, at least you own the NFC north.
    Saints:
    48-22 @ Philly
    48-27 Giants
    38-17 Pats
    Only close games for the Saints are division games. Bucs beat the Packers too. NFC south has not lost a game to the North this year.

61. VegasBronco says: Nov 30, 2009 11:46 PM

Lets hear from all the Pat lovers who spoutted here about Colts and Saints being false 16-0 pretenders.
    And how about this poor Charger fan having wet dreams!
    “Jay16 says: November 30, 2009 10:59 AM
    Well the P.I call for the Colts was a joke. Sooner or later this style of play will catch up to them when they play a real team in the playoffs. If the Chargers win out even with Indy winning 16-0 the Chargers to me are the team DOMINATING right now. Records mean crap, lets watch tonight I predict a Patriots win against the Saints.”
    @Jay16..since you may be 16 years old, learn more about football to pick out DOMINATING teams. Chargers are not one. Most dominating team is the New Orleans Saints.

62. FootballPhil says: Nov 30, 2009 11:49 PM

I think ESPN should get their independent Neurologist to check out Teddy Bruschi. He needs to sit a couple weeks. Listening to this guy makes me want to draw a nice, warm bath and open my wrists up.

63. Route36West says: Nov 30, 2009 11:49 PM

Saints putting the Rest of the League on Notice”
    Dont you mean ” Saints putting the Rest of the League and us Genius Analysts, Sports Writers, Internet Bloggers, Fantasy Experts, and Tv Mouth Pieces on Notice”
    Come on Mike I got this big bowl of Crow for you. Will you Please take a Bite? You weren’t just saying the Patriots were going to win your were saying they were going to win convincingly. You werent just saying it could happen you were saying it was gonna happen.
    Im not critisizing I thought the Pats MIGHT win too, but don’t act like they’re telling people something you were saying all along. The so called notice you say the Saints are putting out to the league isnt just to the other 31 teams its for you too.
    Im personally not worried about the Saints. Yes they beat the Eagles but they didnt have their star players available including Mcnabb and even with all that the game was alot closer then the score would have you believe.
    All I know if the Eagles and Saints meet in the playoffs the next playoff game will be played at the linc or the metrodome if the Vikings arent already eliminated by the Packers.

64. MNFANINAZ says: Nov 30, 2009 11:51 PM

Hey Saint fan,
    Paper or plastic (bag for your head) when we end your season again.
    little history lesson:
    Saints -
    Division championships (3)
    NFC West: 1991, 2000
    NFC South: 2006
    Playoff appearances (6)
    NFL: 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 2000, 2006
    Record against Vikings??? 7 wins 20 losses oh and in the playoffs??? out of the puny 6 times you’ve made it… you’re 0-2 against MY vikings… or “Us” if you will.
    44-10
    34-16
    Vikings-
    League championships (1)
    NFL Championships (1)
    1969
    Conference championships (4)
    NFL Western: 1969
    NFC: 1973, 1974, 1976
    Division championships (17)
    NFL Central: 1968, 1969
    NFC Central: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1989, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2000
    NFC North: 2008
    Playoff appearances (25)
    NFL: 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2008
    the Vikings are NFL royalty.
    The saints are known for wearing bags on their heads.
    we’ll see you soon enough.

65. Patrian says: Nov 30, 2009 11:54 PM

Are you serious? Since 85?
    None of those teams hold a candle to the 93 Cowboys.
    None…

66. leatherneck says: Nov 30, 2009 11:56 PM

The Vikings will beat the Saints in the playoffs.
    The ’75 and ’98 Vikings would, too.

67. MNFANINAZ says: Nov 30, 2009 11:59 PM

If you’re still using the Denny Green “they are who we thought they were” line you need to update your material.
    Sincerely,
    Shecky Green

68. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 12:04 AM

MNFANINAZ says: November 30, 2009 11:51 PM
    the Vikings are NFL royalty.
    ——————————————————–
    This made me laugh until I realized that you are obviously mentally retarded and laughing at retards is a crime in some states.

69. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 12:12 AM

Why is Steve Young on television? They ask a question about undefeated seasons with Teddy Bruschi the only person on that panel who would know about that, and Young trys to answer for him. What a moron. MNFANINAZ probably thinks he’s the best

70. MNFANINAZ says: Dec 1, 2009 12:13 AM

Footballphil,
    We’ll go down there and beat your ass…
    LIKE WE ALWAYS DO.
    ALL WE DO IS WIN
    ALL WE DO IS WIN
    Brett Favre > Brees.

71. snnyjcbs says: Dec 1, 2009 12:20 AM

@ the comment of two dominate teams playing their hearts out? I only saw one dominate team on that field tonight and it sure was not New England. New England has not been a dominate team for the past three years and has been falling over each of the past three years. It was not that hard to see if one pulled their head out of the coaches ass long enough to clear the shit out of their eyes and see the truth.

72. polar says: Dec 1, 2009 12:22 AM

Hey MN Fan, how’d the Vikes do in Super Bowl appearances so far?

73. Nolabr says: Dec 1, 2009 12:24 AM

9:24pm ET – Mike, Saints will go down in flames after tomorrow?
    I think they’ll lose convincingly, and that they’ll then have to try to refocus once they realize that beating the Pats, Colts, or Charger in the Super Bowl will be a tall order.
    Time to eat crow Mr. Florio. And do you know what made this win special? That Brees and the rest of the Saints are first rate people. But I’ll take the win over your obviously bad call.

74. Nolabr says: Dec 1, 2009 12:28 AM

And for all the vikes lovers and saints haters: come on down to NO and enjoy some good food, culture and even better hospitality. Oh and don’t forget that we have the BEST team in the NFL.

75. mnmaverick says: Dec 1, 2009 12:32 AM

The Vikings have the better team.
    You’re not going to score like that against the Vikes.
    The Vikes know Sharper’s weakness, he’s a pussy when it comes to contact. Adrian will run right through him.
    Our defensive line will snap Brees like a twig while Percy shows no Mercy in taking it the distance.

76. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 12:39 AM

MNFANINAZ says: December 1, 2009 12:13 AM
    I’m not a Saints fan genius. However I will enjoy watching them dismantle the Viqueens.
    Read polar’s post right below yours. Before you start with saying the Queens are NFL royalty, they should probably win a Superbowl. But that’s just my opinion and every other half way intelligent person out there. NFL Royalty would be Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys, Packers, and 49ers.
    Just because you go onto thesaurus.com and looked up a word like umbrage doesn’t make you sound smarter.
    And please stop referring to an NFL team as “we”. You don’t play for the Vikings.

77. mnmaverick says: Dec 1, 2009 12:47 AM

Best team? MY ASS!
    We’ll see what happens when Brittle Brees goes down.
    Have you seen what happens when Brees is hit?
    He flies. He hasn’t faced a real defense.
    The kind of defense that will send Brees flyin’ and Saints fans home cryin’.

78. packers4life says: Dec 1, 2009 12:54 AM

“You’re not going to score like that against the Vikes.”
    Really? because Drew Brees will pick apart that weak Viking secondary. They have been torched like fire all season long.
    And if the Saints defense can destroy Tom Brady, they sure as hell can destroy Brett Favre too.
    Goodness you Viking fans are obnoxious.

79. MNFANINAZ says: Dec 1, 2009 12:59 AM

Hey Phil,
    How the F*ck am I supposed to know what team you support? Why don’t you share with us who you support and remove that shroud of mystery.
    We’ll cash in our super bowl in little over 2 months and this whole “how many super bowls have you won” discussion will be moot. And then all those wins and division titles and conference titles will be judged with all of those teams you mentioned and not disregarded as trivial.
    I’m sorry my vernacular is intimidating for you, its not meant to be…
    I cannot wait until WE win the Super Bowl, its gonna be bad ass!
    ALL WE DO IS WIN
    ALL WE DO IS WIN
    Brett Favre is god.

80. mnmaverick says: Dec 1, 2009 1:00 AM

Phil is a Packer fan who can’t bear the thought of Favre winning a Championship outside of that little hickville in Wisconsin with the fat farm girls and smell of manure in the air.

81. mnmaverick says: Dec 1, 2009 1:06 AM

Antoine Winfield has been out all season long, you gas bag.
    While the Vikes have given up yards, theyu haven’t allowed many points. The Saints can have all the yards they want and kick field goals.

82. MNFANINAZ says: Dec 1, 2009 1:09 AM

I was in Lambeau for Favre’s revenge errr return… Those local yokels couldn’t have been more accommodating on and off the field. Viking fans owned that town almost as much as we’ll own Glendale this upcoming weekend.
    I’ve never been more Underwhelmed in my life.
    Thanks Green Bay…
    I had more Packer fans hugging me than at a family reunion.
    Sober up slobs and keep your sweaty sausage fingers off my Jared Allen Jersey.

83. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 1:09 AM

About every 5-6 years the Queens are above .500 and we all have to hear their fans cheese it up. Then they choke and the mediocrity continues. Then magically, not a peep from the fan base. I do feel sorry for them because after they go one and done, the team goes to LA and the state of Minnesota will have a grand total of 0 superbowls.

84. mad mango says: Dec 1, 2009 1:51 AM

Hey where you at Speedy Gonzales? Yesterday, you was talking smack about wait and see what kind of day that Brady B**ch was going to have.
    What happened, still sucking your thumb?
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha

85. sven_ftw says: Dec 1, 2009 2:12 AM

packers4life says: December 1, 2009 12:54 AM
    “You’re not going to score like that against the Vikes.”
    ————————
    are you serious?? of all teams to be a fan of, you should still be balled up in the fetal position crying yourself to sleep at night after both of the rapings rodgers took by the vike’s d-line… and you still feel you have a leg to stand on. aaron may have put up a yard or two, but you know damn well your team was completely de-railed. he was lucky the few times he even got a look into their secondary…

86. mnmaverick says: Dec 1, 2009 3:02 AM

Phil, the Viking fans are not bandwagoners.
    We haven’t won a Super Bowl and we’re still here.
    Where would you be if the Packers had never won a Champuionship?
    I thought so.

87. bucc19 says: Dec 1, 2009 3:39 AM

88. packers4life says: Dec 1, 2009 3:43 AM

“Oh, and the whole Lambeau mystique is a joke. There is nothing intimidating about that place. A giant bowl in the middle of nowhere with generic scoreboards and fans who sit on their hands the entire game. Oooh, ahhh.”
    You know what’s a joke? The piece of trash you call the Viking fanbase. You idiots are nothing more but fairweather delusional morons who can’t even sell out a freakin’ playoff game. You idiots go into hiding when the Vikings start losing but come out once they started winning.
    Also, Lambeau is intimidating because of the cold weather and harsh elements. Unlike the Vikings who act like little sissies and play in 84 degree weather every home game. You are just jealous that the Vikings have to play in that dump called the Metrodome which would be pretty much empty on game days if it wasn’t for the TV networks in Minneapolis buying out the rest of the tickets so the game can sell out.
    “Those local yokels couldn’t have been more accommodating on and off the field. Viking fans owned that town almost as much as we’ll own Glendale this upcoming weekend.”
    Dude. The Packers actually have a fanbase that owns every fanbase that comes to that town. All those Viking ‘fans’ were just Favre wannabes like yourself. Plus, Minnesota isn’t even in that much love with their Vikings. Trust me. I went to Mall of America a few years back and they had a Packer store in there. You don’t see any Viking ones in Wisconsin, nor anywhere outside of Minnesota.

89. tatum32 says: Dec 1, 2009 6:01 AM

“”Brady leading the Pats back in the 2nd Half” ”
    I think we can count that out…

90. VoxVeritas says: Dec 1, 2009 7:11 AM

“the Vikings are NFL royalty.”
    aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha

91. VoxVeritas says: Dec 1, 2009 7:13 AM

“How convenient… My saying the Vikes are NFL royalty is the only aspect of my post that you take umbrage with…oh that’s right, the rest of what I said was undeniable truth.”
    It’s not that it’s not the truth, it’s that winning that historically weak division is like being the fastest kid at the special olympics.

92. VoxVeritas says: Dec 1, 2009 7:17 AM

Holy Jebus watching Vikings and Saints fans argue is like watching Kenny and Kyle’s dad fighting after they’ve been “cheesing”. You’ve got it in your minds that you’re fighting a noble battle but the rest of us see… well, just watch that episode.

93. azwildcats96 says: Dec 1, 2009 7:41 AM

the ’98 vikings might have had the best offense that year but they were only the third best team behind Atlanta and Denver LOL. Denver was far more dominant winning 18 games in a row going back to the ’97 season.

94. PervyHarvin says: Dec 1, 2009 8:45 AM

VoxVeritas says:
    December 1, 2009 7:17 AM
    ————————————————–
    Come on Vox..that coming from you??? Dude better check yo’ self.

95. Jay16 says: Dec 1, 2009 9:07 AM

Message for Vegas Bronco
    Actually I’m eating crow today and I admitted that on another Saints and Pats Florio forum here. Thanks for running me in the ground though but that’s ok…I still standby my Charger prediction in the AFC, if you don’t see them being the better team RIGHT NOW I’m sorry for you then. The Saints played one awesome game last night and I believe that Brees holds the trump card for MVP for having the game of his career last night. Who boasts a perfect rating against Belichek? I still wouldn’t hold my breath on the Patriots because they looked flat last night. All it takes to win a superbowl is 4 wins in a row at the most and if you think the Colts and Saints are shoe ins then ITS YOU who don’t watch football. Listen to the other guys on here talk about previous SuperBowl imposters. The Saints and the Colts are not more impressive then 2007 Patriots or that 2005 Colts team that won 13 in a row then melted down. So again you got me on the prediction, I went for it, really out on a limb on a Patriots win. But do yourself some justice so I don’t have to save this quote and slam you when the Super Bowl begins in Febuary and neither of these teams are in it…Will you be a stand up guy and admit your a shmuck?

96. SF Saints Fan says: Dec 1, 2009 9:30 AM

Just how good is the Vikings defense supposed to be? From all the Vikings cheerleaders commenting here you would think nobody has scored a point against the Vikings all year. Let’s see:
    Against the Vikings: (worst 6 games – total 160 points)
    Pittsburgh 27 for the WIN
    Baltimore 31
    Green Bay 26
    San Francisco 24
    Green Bay 23
    Cleveland 20
    Against the Saints: (worst 6 games – total 151 points)
    Miami 34
    Detroit 27
    Giants 27
    Atlanta 27
    St. Louis 23
    Philadelphia 22
    Sure, the Vikings have beaten up a few “tomato cans”, but look at their worst six games and the Saints worst six games. In those games the Vikings have given up 151 points and are 5-1. In the worst six games by the Saints defense the team is 6-0 and have given up a total of 160 points.
    The only teams with a winning record that the Vikings have beaten all year are the Packers and the Ravens, and they lost to the Steelers. The Saints have beaten four teams with winning records, the Eagles, Giants, Falcons and Patriots.
    The Saints had a slump a few weeks ago and continued to win. They had serious injury problems in the secondary and at nose tackle and continued to win. Drew Brees looked mortal for a few games and they continued to win. I see no reason why that pattern cannot continue and the Saints will continue to win. The Saints have their mojo back………..
    All I know is that the Saints and Vikings look to be the two best teams in the NFL and home field advantage is going to be huge. Whoever has home field advantage in the NFC has, by far, the inside track to the Super Bowl. I don’t see the Vikings losing at home, and I don’t see the Saints losing at home either.

97. Vikes-N-Favre says: Dec 1, 2009 9:41 AM

Come on Florio, everyone knows that New England’s defense is in flux and the only way the Pats had a chance is if Brady was on his A-Game. Brady wasn’t, and they didn’t win.
    Drew Brees has not faced a defensive front 4 that can and will put pressure on a QB like Minnesota’s. Our DL can rush any passer, and Drew Brees will be just like any other QB in this league when he is throwing while running for his life, or on his back all game long.
    Sure, the Saints are a very good football team, but so are the Vikings. Our offense can match points with any team in the league, and the one thing we have that no team that has played the Saints has, is a very good defense. Lets see what happens when Drew Brees plays the best DL in football, 3 of the best LB’s in the game, and a CB that will be returning soon that is just dying to lay someone out. Until then, these teams are on the same page.

98. Slappy says: Dec 1, 2009 9:51 AM

Funny how the teams with the best records are wussy DOME teams.. .

99. bian8 says: Dec 1, 2009 10:02 AM

What about away games slappy? The lions, texans, cardinals, falcons and rams all have indoor stadiums. None of them are 11-0. So explain how an indoor stadium has that big of an effect?

100. Vikes#28Owns says: Dec 1, 2009 10:03 AM

@bucc19
    “Geez you Midwesterners are bitter up der in “Minnesotaaaa “nice” and Visconsin. Is there anything to do up there besides trash each other ? Wisconsin, don’t you have some great Universities up there? Do you use them? Mineesota? Don’t you always brag about having the arts,and restaurants, and theatres? Why don’t you attend those? You people are like high schoolers on this web-site…or you you really just that? Or are you what everyone percieves you as..some fat-ass 40 something with coke bottle glasses, masturbating in his number 4 jersey, watching star trek reruns and stalking your 15 year old neighbor, and then watching videos of the ’98 season…gosh get a life LOOOOSERSSS .”
    __________________________________________________
    I’m trying to decide what happened to you as a kid that made you think you were slightly intelligent. Well I guess I could answer some of the questions. Yes, we do have excellent colleges and many people do use them, myself included. Yes, we do have an excellent night life including museums and theaters that are attended regularly. However, prior to your belief their is not really any 40 year old obese males with poor visual acuity regularly defacing Brett Favre jerseys. I’m curious why you call us high schoolers and then decide to try to slam us with misguided stereotypes. This doesn’t strengthen your argument.
    Yes, I was very disappointed by the 98 season. However, I don’t dwell on it to the extend that everyone thinks. Based on your screen name I assume you to be a Bucs fan or a Saint’s bandwagon jumper. Either way, both of those teams have some horrid pasts to speak of so calling out other teams on it does in no way prove your point. But rereading your post I seem to think you were not trying to prove a point and just excited at a chance to insult someone else. That to me is the definition of an epic fail.

101. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 10:07 AM

mnmaverick says: December 1, 2009 3:02 AM
    Phil, the Viking fans are not bandwagoners.
    We haven’t won a Super Bowl and we’re still here.
    Where would you be if the Packers had never won a Champuionship?
    I thought so.
    ——————————————————–
    I don’t know because I’m not from Wisconsin and I’m not a Packer fan. I do know that the Vikings are a sorry franchise that has done nothing in it’s history and have yet to do anything. They will win the NFC North. WOW!! Win some championships, superbowls, hell even a playoff game and then start talking trash.
    You guys can’t even beat the Steelers and I guarantee the Patriots would take you apart. There’s no way Favre can continue to throw no interceptions. It’s a scientific impossibility. Wait until the playoffs when the Queens are down by 10 and he starts chucking the ball up. Then ALL GAY starts putting the ball on the turf. There’s two players on that team that aren’t Divas or primadonnas: Allen and Winfield.

102. PervyHarvin says: Dec 1, 2009 10:11 AM

Slappy says:
    December 1, 2009 9:51 AM
    Funny how the teams with the best records are wussy DOME teams.. .
    ===================================
    Funny how people that post crap like this are the biggest wussies on PFT! Hater douche

103. Vikes-N-Favre says: Dec 1, 2009 11:58 AM

Here is my take on this. Both the Saints and Vikings are different teams then from a year ago when the Vikings went into the Superdome and beat the Saints.
    The Vikings are obviously much better on offense with the addition of Favre, Harvin, and the emergence of Rice. The Saints were a well balanced offense last season, and they are this season as well. The one area where the Saints got better was on defense.
    So anyone on here that is guaranteeing a Saints or Vikings victory over one another is absurd. The Saints haven’t seen a defense like Minnesota’s, and the Vikings haven’t seen a offense like the Saints. The one thing I do know is that the Vikings can move the ball on New Orleans defense and score points, the thing we don’t know is if New Orleans OL can contain our front 4. No other team has been able to do it, so what makes New Orleans the one team that will be able to? I am sure the Saints can score points on the Vikings defense, but I will take our defense over the Saints in allowing less points.
    The Pats looked like a shell of their self last night as was still able to move the ball on that defense. Maroney fumbling, and Brady throwing picks is what did them in. I am not taking anything at all away from the Saints, they are one hell of a team, I am just saying that dismissing the Vikings as a huge threat to the Saints this year is a mistake on anyone’s part that is saying it. The Vikings are a much better team this year on offense, defense, and special teams, so it will be a very good game if they indeed play each other in the playoffs.
    For those saying that New England would beat us, get real. The Vikings would have beat them into submission last night as well, their defense looked awful and out of place all night long.

104. DnBrnc says: Dec 1, 2009 12:25 PM

The Saints are looking as good as the 98 Vikes and the 99 Rams? What? Who won the SB in 1998? Who won back-to-back? The Broncos. Where are they in that discussion?
    That being said, I am happy that New England got pounded. I knew that would happen. I can’t believe that everyone said that the Pats were going to go 14-2 and be dominant. If a few things would have happened differently, they may be 5-6 right now. That team will fall apart if Brady or Moss get hurt and have to miss the playoffs.

105. FootballPhil says: Dec 1, 2009 1:18 PM

The Queens would get hammered by both the Patriots and Saints. Saints have the number 1 scoring offense and the Patriots are number 2. Vikings are giving up an average of 292.4 yards and 1.6 TD to the 5 quality QBs they have faced.
    The Vikings would lose in any type of shootout. They ride the game on Favre’s arm which has paid off for them thus far. But for any that has been following the NFL, that will be tested the further the season goes on. In the last few years, Favre has not shown up for the big games. Look at the Packers loss to the Falcons in the Divisional Round and in 2007 he throws the game lossing INT, Giants win and go on to win the SB.
    Favre will collapse at some point in the season or playoffs like he does every year. At that point, it will be up to the SECOND best back in the game, and whether or not he decides to start hanging onto the football

106. packers4life says: Dec 1, 2009 9:46 PM

“is a very good defense.”
    Very good defense? That ‘very good’ defense is ranked 19th against the pass, giving up 221.9 passing yards per game.