Report: Freddie Mitchell arrested

Freddie Mitchell has managed to get his name in the news once again, but not in the way he might hope — unless he’s trying an unusual strategy for getting signed by the Cincinnati Bengals.

Mitchell, the former Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver, was arrested in Philadelphia for failure to pay child support, according to a tweet from Leslie Gudel of CSN Philadelphia.

Mitchell, who played for the Eagles from 2001 to 2004, is remembered for being an outspoken player who said things like “I’d like to thank my hands for being so great.”

But he may be more appropriately remembered for a quote that was spoken not by him but about him: When the Patriots met the Eagles in the Super Bowl, Patriots coach Bill Belichick said of Mitchell, “He’s terrible, and you can print that.”

Permalink 22 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Philadelphia Eagles, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
22 Responses to “Report: Freddie Mitchell arrested”
  1. scrapdawg12 says: Dec 6, 2009 8:31 PM

Does this mean that the Freddie Mitchell radio show this week is cancelled? Damn…I wanted to hear him talk trash on Mcnabb and the rest of the team. I was hoping to find out why he sucked so bad.

2. Cereal Blogger says: Dec 6, 2009 8:31 PM

Thats outstanding, possibly the best quote ever.

3. HughJassPhD says: Dec 6, 2009 8:32 PM

I’d like to thank my brain for not caring about these bozos.

4. BonnieD says: Dec 6, 2009 8:36 PM

You just can’t leave the Bengals alone, can you? They have nothing to do with this and you still bring them up. It’s pathetic.

5. phillyburdzfan says: Dec 6, 2009 8:40 PM

Haha, what a bum.
    Why didn’t he just tell the arresting officers, “4th and 26!!!”

6. Beezer says: Dec 6, 2009 8:49 PM

My favorite Freddie Mitchell moment was prior to the superbowl when he told the media to tell Rodney Harrison that he was coming for him and he had 1 catch for 10 yards.

7. SlimPickens says: Dec 6, 2009 9:00 PM

FredEx some money to your honey you stinkin bum!! A bum in the NFL and a bum as a father

8. Richm2256 says: Dec 6, 2009 9:08 PM

It’s not that he didn’t SEND the money, he sent it FredEx and as expected, it didn’t deliver.

9. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Dec 6, 2009 9:10 PM

Beezer says:
    December 6, 2009 8:49 PM
    ___________________________________
    It was even funnier when Rodney was asked how he felt about Freddie Mitchell’s challenge, and his response was, “Who is Freddie Mitchell?” LMFAO

10. Living_Legend says: Dec 6, 2009 9:47 PM

Hahahahaha….I wonder if the cuffs fit over his oven mitts that protect his great hands..Idiot

11. JSpicoli says: Dec 6, 2009 9:50 PM

I’d say “Who?” but this one is hard to forget, unfortunately.

12. FumbleNuts says: Dec 6, 2009 9:52 PM

Tell his former spouse he sent it “FredEx.”

13. Tim says: Dec 6, 2009 9:53 PM

“Who is _____” doesn’t work anymore. It just shows you don’t watch tape, and you’re unprepared. It sounds as stupid as D. McNabb saying, ” I didn’t even know there were ties in football.”

14. Bee_Arthur says: Dec 6, 2009 9:53 PM

So explain to me how someone who played in the NFL for 4 years and got a $9 Million dollar contract… not have any money 5 years later. Oh wait he’s a !@#$ing dumbass.

15. BakerSucks says: Dec 6, 2009 9:58 PM

really florio…..another played out Bengals jab….whats it been 3 years now since an arrest. At this point it just shows your lack of creativity….sad.

16. lilvernon28 says: Dec 6, 2009 10:14 PM

Seriously? You bash the Bengals when this has nothing to do with them? why do you hate them so much.

17. Bigbluefan says: Dec 6, 2009 10:40 PM

Nice to see another outstanding man taking care of his personal business
    I am sure we the tax payers are supporting his rug rats
    Way to go Fred class act to locked up for that you must have been waaay over due

18. I_Hate_Yams says: Dec 6, 2009 10:52 PM

Did he thank his hands for being so great when he was being arrested?

19. dpa6 says: Dec 6, 2009 10:55 PM

To all the Bengals fans who are commenting in this thread:
    Sorry, but your team deserves to be the butt of jokes. Your team was filled with criminal bums for far too long and I’m not quite sure your team has learned its lesson yet.

20. Buttered Izel Jenkins says: Dec 6, 2009 11:00 PM

I wonder if he’ll get his best friend Steve Urkel to help him post bail.
    (Totally not kidding.)

21. DJSlyBri says: Dec 6, 2009 11:57 PM

I never get tired of the FredEx stories. May he always have a place here on PFT. Maybe he should call Chase Utley for a handout.
    Besides, FredEx owes me the laughs after all the pain I endured watching his garbage-ass career, one that would have been 2 years shorter had he not been a first rounder.

22. who_dey_kid says: Dec 7, 2009 2:02 AM

# dpa6 says: December 6, 2009 10:55 PM
    To all the Bengals fans who are commenting in this thread:
    =====================================
    You’re right, I totally remember Roger Godell suspending Chris Henry, and telling Mike Brown that they had to let Florio make fun of them for 5 years after the fact.