Woman says Suggs hit her, spilled bleach on her

Last week a restraining order was issued against Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs. Today the Baltimore Sun has published the ugly details of that restraining order, in which a woman who says she’s the mother of Suggs’ children claims he hit her, knocked her down, and spilled bleach on her while threatening her with it.

The woman, Candace Williams, identifies herself as Suggs’ fiancee and the mother of his two children, although Suggs told the Baltimore Sun he is not in a relationship with her.

Williams said Suggs threw a soap dispenser at her head, hit her in the chest with his hand, and held a bottle of bleach over her and her 1-year-old son. According to Williams, Suggs said he was going to “drown [her] with this bleach.” She says she put her hands over the cap, but the bleach spilled onto her and her son.

Suggs has not been charged with a crime. He is not commenting publicly on the allegations.

Ravens vice president Kevin Byrne noted that Suggs “will have his chance to tell his side of the story.”

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said the NFL will “take a look at it as we would any such matter to try to understand the facts.”

Permalink 70 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Baltimore Ravens, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
70 Responses to “Woman says Suggs hit her, spilled bleach on her”
  1. Krow says: Dec 8, 2009 1:40 PM

Thug team… thug player.

2. The Coop says: Dec 8, 2009 1:40 PM

Let’s be honest, does this really surprise anyone?

3. The Coop says: Dec 8, 2009 1:41 PM

I need to slow down when I read. At first glance, I thought the article said the woman was “Cadillac Williams.”

4. Akshun says: Dec 8, 2009 1:43 PM

What the hell??? Held a bottle of bleach over her and her 1 year old son?!?!

5. Mean D says: Dec 8, 2009 1:43 PM

NFL will probably fine him 15K which is why we keep getting this thug behavior.

6. CABroncoFan says: Dec 8, 2009 1:45 PM

he should be giving Brady Quinn that treatment…something tells me Brady would file a restraining order too!

7. KevinFaulk-an-a says: Dec 8, 2009 1:46 PM

I’ll send in Brady Quinn to kick his ass again.
    The Ravens are more of a tribe than a team.
    They, and their fans, are the biggest whiners in the whole league.
    If it weren’t for poor officiating, they would still be undefeated since they moved from Cleveland.

8. JuicyMelon says: Dec 8, 2009 1:46 PM

If this is true…and that’s a big IF…Then Suggs should be banned from the league.

9. Diggs says: Dec 8, 2009 1:46 PM

Terrell Suggs looks like Biz Markie.

10. Chris Fiorentino says: Dec 8, 2009 1:47 PM

Much Much better to keep Plaxico in prison than to put Suggs or the hundreds of other wife-beating pieces of garbage in the world into prison. Pathetic. Really, truly pathetic.

11. homercles82 says: Dec 8, 2009 1:47 PM

thugg life. Ray Ray and Terrell be hitting it up tonight. Ruff Rydaz

12. Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: Dec 8, 2009 1:47 PM

If Flozell Adams is a dirtbag what does that make Suggs?

13. JollyOldMan says: Dec 8, 2009 1:47 PM

[I]Williams said Suggs threw a soap dispenser at her head…[/I]
    Suggs threw Ochocinco at her?
    Wait, that would be a soap dish. Never mind.

14. filthymcnasty says: Dec 8, 2009 1:48 PM

Take a number Lady. Suggs hits alot of people.
    ALOT.

15. Igottz5onit says: Dec 8, 2009 1:49 PM

What does this lady expect? She gets engaged to the only orc to escape from the Lord of the Rings and then is surprised when he flips out on her?

16. thefo0 says: Dec 8, 2009 1:49 PM

I’m starting to think that the Ravens linebackers might have anger issues.

17. Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says: Dec 8, 2009 1:51 PM

A Baltimore Raven committ a crime?!? That doesn’t happen…cough *ray ray* cough.
    Well if there is something positive Baltimorons can take away from this is a that Suggs can defend himself against a helpless baby momma!!!

18. rgott28 says: Dec 8, 2009 1:54 PM

I hope this is all false. I can’t believe some of these pro athletes with all their money, fame and power, put themselves in vulnerable positions, especially with women when they can just go get another one. We are all human, but sheesh man, pay me league minimum and I will keep my ass out of the news and out of jail.

19. Bmored82 says: Dec 8, 2009 1:56 PM

Thanks Smith! Actually they posted it yesterday and you left out a ton of details and discrepencies. It’s becoming blatantly obvious how anti-Raven f├╝hrer Florio and this site are. Everything is worded in a way that incites these brain-dead, inbred posters who love to crap on Baltimore. So let the original and brilliant “knifing Ray Lewis” comments fly. That is so fresh, that only happened 10 years ago and to use it to stereotype a team that are such “thugs” but never seem to have players in the news getting arrested, is Hilaaaaaaarious. So let’s hear it Shittsburgh and Cleaveland, i’m sure someone has something clever to say about “Turdell Thuggs”. See what I did there, I rearranged letters in his name to make funny words, that is just brilliant. I can’t believe none of you hilarious posters do that everyday, adnaseum, about everyone, all the time, probably even now as I type. Douche nozzles.

20. Tomb says: Dec 8, 2009 2:00 PM

Bleach?
    Was he trying to go all Michael Jackson on her, and make sure she was white as the driven snow?

21. Cubano says: Dec 8, 2009 2:04 PM

DAMN Suggs! WTH……

22. bearsrule says: Dec 8, 2009 2:05 PM

# Akshun says: December 8, 2009 1:43 PM
    What the hell??? Held a bottle of bleach over her and her 1 year old son?!?!
    If this is true, he’s in a shitload of trouble.

23. Tomb says: Dec 8, 2009 2:05 PM

At least the Ravens can now say they legitimately beat someone.

24. Bmore Styles says: Dec 8, 2009 2:06 PM

I always thought of Suggs as a jolly kinda dude. He always had a smile on his face. But now he’s no better than James Harrison, Santonio Holmes, and the rest of the thuggish Steelers who are always towards the top of the league in arrests every year. But nobody seems to notice because they’re the Steelers.

25. Craig says: Dec 8, 2009 2:06 PM

You all are stupid. You have no idea what the word “claims” means. Don’t talk bad about someone you do not even know when the truth has not come out. That is what is wrong with people like you.

26. Brooklyn Eagle says: Dec 8, 2009 2:07 PM

Crazy women and steroids just don’t mix.

27. Nemesis says: Dec 8, 2009 2:07 PM

The Coop says:
    December 8, 2009 1:41 PM
    ———————-
    LOL glad to see it wasn’t just me that thought I saw the same thing too!

28. fellasheowed says: Dec 8, 2009 2:09 PM

as a steeler fan, i have to admit i am shadenfruding my ass off at this, the lack of criminal charges will be compared to roethlisberger, the soap dispenser has a soupcon of jeff reed’s exploits last winter, and suggs incident is reminiscent of charges that were dropped against james harrison…
    fans of the obstructor of justice ray lewis’ ravens have lost points in three recent incidents they love to bring up…
    of course, if true, i feel badly for the ms. williams, but however this situation is resolved, it will serve as a counter to any neo-browns fan who attempts to talk the oh-so-clever off field incident smack that has become a part of the fan-rivalry patois.

29. PUR-D33 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:11 PM

Did you expect any less from Mushmouth? Ray Lewis is such a mentor for these guys……

30. mattitude says: Dec 8, 2009 2:12 PM

Cleveland Sucks aka Philly Sewer Rat says:
    December 8, 2009 1:47 PM
    If Flozell Adams is a dirtbag what does that make Suggs?
    ————————————————
    Uhh….it doesn’t really have any impact on Flo, does it? Suggs is an “off-the-field” thug and Flo is an “on-the-field” thug. In any event, both are bitches.

31. Florio Blows Favre says: Dec 8, 2009 2:12 PM

If Ray Lewis were the great leader he’s made out to be, he would teach his teammates how to get away with things like this. He can murder two people and, not only get off, but people love him more, he can teach Suggs how to douse his bitch with bleach and not get in trouble. Lewis is all hype, man, that guy is no leader. He should be ashamed of himself.

32. jx4cmario1 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:14 PM

Bmored82
    December 8, 2009 1:56 PM
    ……..Are you seriously defending a cowardly wife beating pile of garbage?? Naaah, that couldn’t be true, could it?

33. mattitude says: Dec 8, 2009 2:23 PM

Craig says:
    December 8, 2009 2:06 PM
    ————————————————-
    You don’t really know much about the world we live in, do you? In the court of law, a person is innocent until proven guilty. In the court of public opinion, however, you are guilty until proven innocent. Most children are even aware of this contrast.

34. SATAN567 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:28 PM

@ Mean D:
    Agreed. Punishment is relative, and while a lot of people have made it a cliche, $15k is chump change to Suggs. Make it $150k and you’ll get some attention. The league office has made a joke out of disciplinary actions. That is, unless it involves an unruly owner flipping off the crowd.

35. Holeinone09 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:29 PM

Hey Bmored82, you are a dope! You talk about morons twisting letters around like “Turdell” but yet you youself say “Shittsburgh”? I think you just called YOURSELF a “douche nozzle”! Do you usually punch yourself in the face? LOL!
    Hey Bmore Styles, how in the blue hell could you possibly compare what Jeff Reed did to what Suggs allegedly did? And what difference does it make how many “articles” come out about ignorant outrageous behavior?? Doesn’t it only take ONE, and doesn’t it only take one proper conviction for a penalty to fit the crime? You sir are also a dope (or is that a douche nozzle?).
    Please folks, do NOT try to justify outrageous behavior by talking about someone else. This is not about anyone else, it is about SUGGS and what HE ALLEGEDLY DID.
    In any event, if this is true, which I am not saying it is, then Suggs needs to go directly to jail and not pass go.

36. lskynard87 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:29 PM

The Coop says:
    December 8, 2009 1:41 PM
    ———————-
    LOL glad to see it wasn’t just me that thought I saw the same thing too!
    ———————-
    yep same here, thought this was somehow related to the Buccaneers, lol.

37. cheddar is beddar says: Dec 8, 2009 2:30 PM

Enjoy your familiar stomping grounds Rice. At least bleach and battered women means something must be happening in Baltimore.

38. WashingtonRedOookies says: Dec 8, 2009 2:31 PM

Bmored 82 – While watching the game last night I was thinking that it must be hard for the Bmore fans to watch that defense collapse while their offense regresses. I guess I was right.

39. Brentonmcclellan says: Dec 8, 2009 2:43 PM

Honestly I find this surprising because Baltimore is known for having a rather large stable of thugs, punks, accomplices to murder, and other less than stellar human beings, I always thought that Suggs was supposed to be a pretty decent person.

40. JimmySmith says: Dec 8, 2009 2:54 PM

She should be glad it was Suggs and not Ray Lewis, he would have stabbed her and then denied it to the police.

41. Bmored82 says: Dec 8, 2009 2:56 PM

Yeah Holeinone I meant to have that at the end but it came out quick. It was meant to make fun of the oh so clever name twisters but had the opposite effect. And Washington, my team sucking has nothing to do with this, even though I am bitter party of one about that. It’s the fact that if you read the actual article it says it all started out a fun and games and allegedly got carried away. But for some reason no criminal charges were filed or are pending even though there is a restraining order. That is pretty rare. I don’t know that it didn’t happen but that doesn’t seem to fit the kind of dude suggs is. And everyone is already positive that he did even though there is contradictory evidence. And also am tired of hearing about Ray the supposed murderer. The Ravens are labeled as thugs yet this ALLEDGED incident is the first for this team since some Matt Stone a backups backup at safety got a DUI and drunk in public or something last season. He was released from the team immediately. That being said, if it comes out that he did do this deplorable deed, then game on.

42. Jsaxdubv says: Dec 8, 2009 3:04 PM

Tonight’s Main Event :
    Terrell “Soap Dispenser” Suggs vs Jeff “Towel Dispenser” Reed in a BATHROOM BRAWL!

43. BigFella87 says: Dec 8, 2009 3:12 PM

Re. Holeinone09
    Wow buddy….your comments might very well be the worst ones I have ever read…..please stop commenting on this site….as a fellow human being, I’m feeling very empathetic towards the fact that you keep making yourself look like a complete retard…
    People…..before you criticize other’s posts….take a good second or two to CORRECTLY decipher what is being said….in doing so, you’ll look less retarded….

44. Craig says: Dec 8, 2009 3:14 PM

Hey mattitude ,
    Just because it is a saying does not mean it is a reality. Go gossip about your co -workers.

45. chunky soupy sales says: Dec 8, 2009 3:35 PM

Maybe Suggs wanted to bleach her white and pretend she’s Brady Quinn.
    Because he obviously can’t handle the real Quinn.

46. HamBurghlar says: Dec 8, 2009 3:35 PM

Hey Baltimore,
    Your team is just as thuggish as your trashy city. Ray Lewis should have some great info on how to stay out of jail while committing horrible crimes, so listen up Suggs! Either way Baltimorons, I feel sorry for you, having to watch that overrated team and live in that $hithole.

47. RavensFan87 says: Dec 8, 2009 3:40 PM

You people are idiots. The ravens are an organization that pride themselves on high class players. Hence the number of free agents they haven’t brought due to the lack of class. I especially love the Cleveland fans in here running their mouth, you guys are just AWFUL, don’t speak. Also, really were the biggest whiners? Did you not see the game last night. If you don’t see any bias there then your blind. We did get some penalties but pay attention to when and who the key ones were called against. I love how your sole argument is also Ravens are thugs, and all you have to refer to is an incident almost 10 years ago ONE incident TEN years ago, STFU people.

48. Steeler-lady says: Dec 8, 2009 3:44 PM

I cant believe how naive some people are..Just because someone is rich doesnt make them guilty every time someone CLAIMS something occured.
    I HATE the Ravens…but c’mon now.. this is all her story so far.. My goodness no wonders there is soooo many innocent people in prison.. with a jury composed of some of you morons its no surprise.
    Is there any proof outside this accusation,such as a hospital report? I know as a parent if bleach is spilled on my child im taken him to the hospital.. fumes alone could be harmful to their small lungs.
    Lets wait n see the evidence.. its the same scenario with Big Ben..someone claims he raped her but yet ive seen no proof once so ever to back her claims.
    Dont you men n women get sick of people being able to do this shit without any evidence??? I know if it was me i would be livid..and i also know since im not a millionaire that no lawyer would even take on my case with no evidence.

49. Holeinone09 says: Dec 8, 2009 3:46 PM

Bmored82, nice reply, fair enough. I also agree that the old Lewis incident gets brought up a lot. Of course I don’t know Suggs as a person, but the story is pretty awful from what was reported.
    BigFella, I would urge you to please get a life. Overall, I am not unhappy with my modest body of posting on this site. If what I wrote here was truly “the worst” you have “ever” read, then I guess what I wrote was the FIRST you ever read, you dope. If I made any mistakes by reading a post fast, I apologize, no big deal. In your case, would you do the same about YOUR comments in YOUR post?
    I would also like to suggest you try to stop using the words “retard” and “retarded”. It is a hugely obscene and ignorant gesture to some folks, possibly even some in your own family.
    Have a nice day.

50. chris says: Dec 8, 2009 3:49 PM

I personal do not HATE anyone or team, i dislike Ray Lewis in my personal believe that he was a part of a group of people that murdered two people and bribed is way out of it. But what disturbes me the most is that a 1 yo child was part of this and that the youngster saw this happen to his mom. That is truly the sad part. The mother is an adult that we all believe can handle herself, but a 1 year old? C’mon man…thats just sad and irresponsibe behavior on his part if true. What if the bleach, did into fall into the boys eyes and he was blinded?

51. Stillerz says: Dec 8, 2009 3:50 PM

HAHA oh yea Ravens fans?? Now these are just CLAIMS?? Yet when a hotel worker CLAIMED that Ben Roethlisberger sexually assulted her you deemed him ” Ben Rapistburger”…
    Karmas a bitch and so it Terrell Suggs

52. savagenation says: Dec 8, 2009 3:50 PM

Yes, true story. ….and he got the bleach from Sammy Sosa

53. FumbleNuts says: Dec 8, 2009 3:55 PM

Bleach Boy, Bent and going Ballistic….. Extra Extra read all about it.

54. psychoward86 says: Dec 8, 2009 4:11 PM

Hey BmoreStyles you must be a real idiot comparing him to Holmes. Holmes had a little joint in his car, Thuggs had a bottle of bleach over a 1 year old kid. You must be a total idiot!!! And yes Harrison had one run in with a women, but he didn’t poor bleach on her. I guess Thuggs big lips got in the way and he didn’t know what he had in his hand.

55. Fed up says: Dec 8, 2009 4:18 PM

Leave it to Ratbird fans to try and make this about the Steelers. LMAO!

56. DayAllOnJuice says: Dec 8, 2009 4:23 PM

“This is like the 4th article on Sugg’s restraining order. How many articles did Harrison get for hitting his wife? Or Holmes get for drug possession? Or Jeff Reed for being a belligerent alcoholic idiot (he’s been in western PA for too long, apparently he’s starting to blend in)?? Or Hines Ward for being a huge roid head??? Well the last one hasn’t broken yet, but it’s comin.”
    __________________
    Mike Florio will post articles until the comments run out and any Steeler post will bring commentators, both for and against out of the woodwork.
    As far as the Hines Ward roid comment, you may have noticed face of your team is Ray Lewis. That guy could be a poster boy for ‘roid rage. Lets face the obvious. There is a lot of HGH in the NFL. Your team, my team, every team.

57. 69ers says: Dec 8, 2009 4:26 PM

ahah..this is awesome (well not for Cadillac Williams and the 1 year old)…and Raisin fans love bashing for Roethlisberger’s alleged assault on some beat chick in Tahoe. Baltimoron is an absolutely hell hole..murdertown usa!!

58. fbfan10 says: Dec 8, 2009 4:40 PM

Thugs, crime, and baby mama drama…Ray Rice can feel more comfortable now that he’s out of boring Green Bay and back to all that.

59. iusedtobeteddybayer says: Dec 8, 2009 4:40 PM

Yeah, but never go full retard.

60. bspurloc says: Dec 8, 2009 4:42 PM

THE KIDS! THE KIDS!!!! Jail his ass and throw away the key!!!!!
    Well not till after the season I’m in the playoffs and need him to play…….
    Oh wait never mind I dumped his ass from getting hurt by a little old QB……..

61. Bmored82 says: Dec 8, 2009 4:46 PM

Stillerz you gotta admit Raplisberger is pretty funny. And 69ers(yet another brilliantly named poster, just so clever) have you ever been to Baltimore. Look it up in comparison to other American tourist destinations, it’s up there. Not bad for a hole as you so eloquently put it. I assume you take your knowledge of the city from the Wire and, judging by your post, your grammar lessons.

62. nfcbeast says: Dec 8, 2009 5:08 PM

Suggs, haven’t you learned from your mentor? Ray Lewis would have just killed her.

63. Matt says: Dec 8, 2009 5:54 PM

Had this been a Steelers player, degenerate Ravens fans would have put up 25,000 posts by now because there’s apparently nothing to do in Baltimore aside from sitting around talking shit.
    … that is, unless you’re that one Raven’s fan who posted on here about getting bent over when he was a kid and having whatever done to him. Apparently Baltimore has plenty of that to offer, as well.
    *********************************************
    # Bmored82 says: December 8, 2009 4:46 PM
    *********************************************
    Really? On the several occasions I’ve been to Baltimore, the one thing that stood out to me was the number of crackheads standing around in the shit neighborhoods that stretched on for miles with barred up windows and people trying to sell me “nails and glue to build a house with.” Definitely at the top of my list for tourist destinations. I liked the Harbor, some of the historical stuff is okay, and the museums are somewhat above average, but no thanks. I don’t need to go to Baltimore to see a day’s worth of sites and a bunch of run-down trash.

64. BIG BOB says: Dec 8, 2009 5:57 PM

STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES

65. Gautam says: Dec 8, 2009 6:08 PM

not again!!!
    why do these guys find it so difficult to lead a normal life

66. BigFella87 says: Dec 8, 2009 6:11 PM

@ Holeinone09
    Sorry to offend you…didn’t know that those simple terms, that have a wide use of meanings struck so close to the heart…….get a life buddy….your posts still suck.

67. CharmCityRavens says: Dec 8, 2009 6:27 PM

#1 PFT.com thank for the breaking news scoop. Too bad you’re a day late and a dollar short. This was posted in the Sun on the 7th, not the 8th, and they’ve already gone back and edited the original story. I guess this is what you get from a site that quotes Mike Preston has a knowledgeable source on the Ravens.
    #2 I, along with many other Ravens fans, have openly stated that Big Ben looks about as guilty as Mother Theresa in the rape case. Just another ho looking for a handout. Too bad Steelers fans can’t be as objective. This whole story just doesn’t hold the sniff test. People should read the Sun article and hear some of the stuff she’s saying. Supposedly this melee started over Suggs taking a smelly deuce and tix to the Steelers game. It’s pretty far-fetched…
    Furthermore, Steelers fans you’ve had 4 (count’em 1, 2, 3, 4) players arrested in recent years for domestic violence. James HGHarrison, Santonio Holmes, Cedric Wilson and Najae Davenport. And a 5th player arrested for being a pimp…err I mean leading a prostitution ring (Richard Seigler). So your fanbase doesn’t really have a leg to stand on.
    #3 For the rest of y’all, you call the Ravens thugs but have to go back a decade to the Ray Lewis incident. That’s a pretty long stretch by today’s NFL standards.
    Here’s a fun fact: The Ravens have the most Mormon players on their roster out of all the teams in the NFL (five: Heap, Ngata, Beck, Kruger and Hale). Mormons if you recall are those thugs that don’t believe in drugs and alcohol.
    Harbs and Oz have openly said that they won’t bring in free agents or carry players on the roster that have “character flaws” i.e. Brandon Marshall, T.O., etc. And they booted CMac because of his off-field issues. And this season it’s been pretty apparent that we have some glaring needs at the WR and secondary spots. So really the whole Ravens are thugs is a pretty far-fetched and lame smear attempt by fans from other teams…

68. fellasheowed says: Dec 9, 2009 5:17 AM

@charmin city
    how in the holy hell does counting the number of double infinitive church members on a roster in any way translate into some proof of character or purity?
    that makes about as much sense as claiming it doesn’t count as sex because you did it through a hole in the sheet?
    you’re telling me the mormon militia at mountain meadows weren’t some straight up thugs?
    brigham young didn’t have all those wives because he was horny, he was straight pimpin.or as the kids call it, a skank agent.
    warren jeffs?
    ted bundy?

69. HamBurghlar says: Dec 9, 2009 9:06 AM

@CharminCity: Glad you can count to 4, but your post is hilarious! Read what @fellasheowed said, I couldn’t have put it better myself. The Ray Lewis incident was a long time ago… BUT HE STABBED SOMEONE and was an accessory to MURDER. It’s not like he punched a towel dispenser while drunk in a bathroom.. He should have been in jail for the last decade. All 4 of the Steelers arrests don’t add up to a one HUNDRETH of what Ray Ray did. Go back to learning how to count, lil one.

70. Rancor says: Dec 9, 2009 12:02 PM

There is her side of the story and his side of the story, and somewhere in the middle is the truth.
    Bleach and putting his hands on her would be totally unnecessary, all a Rancor need do is smile!
    Here is Coach Harbs talkig to Suggs about the incident. http://sicklygazelle.com/Images/Pictures/Hidden/Movies/rancor_monster.jpg