Packers check out Chukwurah

Veteran defensive end Patrick Chukwurah, who played for the UFL’s Florida Tuskers in 2009, could be returning to the NFL.

Per a league source, Chukwurah worked out for the Packers on Tuesday.

The 30-year old Chukwurah spent his first two NFL seasons with the Vikings, after being selected by Minnesota in round five of the 2001 draft.

He was out of football in 2003, and he signed with the Broncos in 2004.  After three years in Denver, Chukwurah signed with the Buccaneers, where he was on the teams roster in 2007 and 2008.

In Green Bay, Chukwurah likely would be moved to linebacker in the team’s 3-4 defense.

But first they have to sign him.  For now, they haven’t.

54 responses to “Packers check out Chukwurah

1. How many blocks
    could Patrick Chukwurah chuck
    if Patrick Chukwurah could chuck blocks?
    Patrick Chukwurah would chuck
    all the blocks Patrick Chukwurah could chuck
    if Patrick Chukwurah chuck blocks.

2. Just once – ONCE, I tell you! – I’d like to get to this point in the season and have EVERY STARTER ON EVERY TEAM TOTALLY HEALTHY, put all those guys of varying talent, experience, and drive out on the field, and just see how it would all work out.
    No matter which team you support, injuries (no pun intended) HURT!

3. When your career highlight is vomiting on Monday Night Football, you’re unlikely to make an impact for any team.

4. Scandal! I would hate to see ‘The Predator’ in a Packers uniform. Oh wait, I wouldn’t, he sucked.
    Reminds me of my favorite Predator quote:
    “There’s something out there waiting for us, and it ain’t no man, it’s Chukwurah. We’re all gonna die, and / or give up 200 Rush yards per game.”

5. Hell, if the guy didn’t cut it with the Vikings, what the hell are the Packers going to do with him?
    Usually it goes the other direction, the Packers use a player and when he starts to suck, the Vikings always sign him whether he is any good or not.

6. Fan_Of_Four’s comments are about as useless as a wet fart. He just pours out pure negativity. He’s worthless.

7. Fan of Four called TT the most overrated GM of all time – he really looked that way on Monday with Rajii, Matthews, Jones, FA signing Woodson, Jermichael Finley & Aaron Rodgers all making a big impact.
    Rodgers is putting up the same numbers as his lover Favre behind a worse offensive line and no All-Day lined up in the backfield behind him.
    Its funny how the Karen Rodgers comments have really gotten quiet.

8. cheddar is beddar says:
    December 9, 2009 2:52 PM
    Good to see the Fan of Fruits tandom is still commenting with useless wit.
    *************

9. JimmyS,
    Are you going with some self deprecating humor? Vikings have picked up Sharper, Longwell, and Favre (sort of though he made a stop in between) as former Packers players and each obviously have something left in the tank. Two will be pro bowlers this year and Longwell is better than average.
    I would think you are being sarcastic if I didn’t know any better.
    Wait a minute. I just realized this is a packers story that was stuffed into the Vikes thread. I don’t even remember this dude. WTF?

10. Typical of the Packers to be with their backs up against the wall and having to resort to…the UFL for players? The UFL?!?! Wow, ok…new low I guess but sounds like a Packer move to me.

11. You sure your source wasn’t drunk and trying to say Chuck Woolery, former host of “The Love Connection”? Probably has the same football ability.

12. sand0 says:
    December 9, 2009 3:09 PM
    JimmyS,
    Two will be pro bowlers this year and Longwell is better than average.
    ———————————————–
    Longwell is one guy I wish the Packers never got rid of. He was and still is such a clutch kicker. WAAAAY better than that piece of shit Mason Crosby. I am tired of this guy missing easy field goals. He costed us three games last year, and could have cost us the Monday night game against Baltimore if the rest of the team didn’t pick up for his lack of kicking.
    Kickers are paid big bucks to kick a ball. That’s all we ask of them. Yet Mason Crosby can’t make the easy kicks. I never worried about Longwell when he was a Packer. That’s why I try to draft him every year in fantasy because I know he’s reliable and accurate.

13. I guess I fail to recognize how exactly the Packers’ backs are against the wall for one. And second, I would rather a UFL player fresh off playing a few games against the same type of competition come in over a street free agent who hasn’t seen any action on the practice field or otherwise this season. If you are going to throw around useless jabs, actually think about what they mean first.

14. myasylum says:
    December 9, 2009 1:56 PM
    How typically…. cheap
    —————————-
    Absolutely right. They should be going after those high-priced really good unsigned free agents late in the season. There’s buttloads of talent out there now, right?

15. Yeah, the packers and TT are so cheap. I don’t understand why they just don’t sign Reggie White or Richard Dent if they need d-lineman.

16. Contra says:
    December 9, 2009 3:17 PM
    —————————-
    Yeah, why didn’t Thompson stockpile starting-quality outside linebackers just in case Thompson and Kampman would go down to injury? Screw the depth of the rest of the team, we need 15 outside linebackers!
    Dildo.

17. # JimmySmith says: December 9, 2009 2:34 PM
    Yeah like Longwell and current MVP candidate Favre? And defensive MVP candidate Sharper, now on the Saints?
    Once again proving you are an epic douchebag. Good luck with Suckworah.

18. He played Linebacker for the Vikings. Mostly back-up and special teams. I only remember him because of his unique name. Didn’t make much of an impact while here. Should be a stand-out for the Packers.

19. Longwell had to go for one reason alone. He was a whiner! “Oh you can’t cut this guy, he’s my favorite holder!” ” I can’t kick with this guy snapping!” “It’s too cold to kick outside today, cut me so I can go to a dome team!” All three of the Mouseketeers had to go because they were locker room cancer. “Hey let’s go to Minnesota, they’re so desperate the head coach will pick you up at the airport!” Well, not the kicker, they sent Fat Pat’s personal pizza purveyor to pick him up in the Humptymobile. By the way, now that the other owners have quit sending Zygi pocket money, they’re gonna repo Ragnars’s Vespa! That is so cold.

20. There are some short memories here. The Packers did not cut Sharper because they were “done with him” or because he had nothing left in the tank. He was a casualty of Sherman’s ridiculous backloading of contracts. His cap number was too large, and he was unwilling to renegotiate his contract. I wish we were able to save him.
    Now why Minnesota decided to cut Sharper I don’t know.

21. bluestree says:
    December 9, 2009 4:58 PM
    ==============================
    Asshat of the day winner. Total lack of knowlwdge on former players on the team.
    Adam shpould have got it for the multitude of inane posts today. But, I see this is the equivalent of stuffing the ballot box.
    You are just trying to cinch the Asshat of the year, and i won’t have it.
    A guy that wants to mail shit to people is one to not take seriously.
    besides that, your football knowledge is on par with Bob and jimmy. Which is virtually nil.
    You may still enter the big turd contest, that is more up your alley. You don’t have to know anything except how to wipe your ass.
    I’m sure that’s not a gimme either.
    At least you won’t embarras yourself with your lack of knowledge.
    Blues: your award:

22. # Manbearpig says:
    Good luck with Suckworah.
    ____________________________________
    We haven’t signed him yet, and hopefully we don’t.
    However, this is the man who brought you Hawk and Harrell in the 1st, Jarrett “I couldn’t cover a” Bush, TWICE, and the original three-fullback set. Chukwurah wouldn’t be the worst thing on that roster, not by a long shot.

23. hk94 says: December 9, 2009 5:05 PM

Same went for Mike Wahle…the anti-Ted jihadists forget he was due $11million in 2005.

24. Wow. People criticize Thompson for not signing free agents but yet when it looks like he is going to sign one, people call him cheap.
    For freakin’ crying out loud, it is the middle of the season. It isn’t like there are big named free agents out there.
    “Finally the last piece of the puzzle, this guy should put the Packers back on top. ”
    They are already there, buddy.

25. Pay back is one, eh ladies ? Anytime there is a post about Favre or the Vikings you never pass up the chance to chime in like a bunch of little b!tches. Now I almost want the Sh!t Packers to win out just so Favre and the Vikings can stomp their wussy a$$es into the ground for the third time this year.

26. “All three of the Mouseketeers had to go because they were locker room cancer.”
    I’m so glad you got what you wished for because it worked out so well. None of that winning the division, playoff crap for those Packers, they have all sweetness and love in their shower room.
    And don’t worry about Ziggy when the CBA ends, he has deep pockets. Worry about Buffalo and Green Bay. Can someone say RETRACTION?

27. jeff says:
    December 9, 2009 5:30 PM
    —————————–
    And, more importantly, an obvious Packer fan. That’s the single biggest qualification right there. But no one ever called you objective, did they Fagnar?
    —————————-
    jeff says:
    December 9, 2009 5:30 PM
    —————————-
    Why don’t you go ahead and amuse all of us by quoting me with the “multitude of inane posts today”. You shpould do that. Regale us with your knowlwdge.
    Wait, nevermind. That would require thought and/or research and/or work, none of which you are capable of.

28. Fan_Of_ Four says:
    ____________________________________
    I don’t think our respective teams will meet in the playoffs, and by that I mean they’ll BOTH be one and done.
    You might remember Favre’s playoff prowess from the ’04 game, or maybe from all the times your Vikings sat on the couch at home to watch him. Either way, it was a pickfest then, and it will be a pickfest again. One and done. Take it to the bank.

29. Ted Thompson stays busy all year long.
    Scouting a guy is not signing a guy.
    Just gathering information for the future.
    Good teams do that.
    Bad teams have no replacement when their middle linebacker is out with injury.

30. Bob Nelson wrote:
    December 9, 2009 6:16 PM
    Ted Thompson stays busy all year long.
    Scouting a guy is not signing a guy.
    Just gathering information for the future.
    Good teams do that.
    Bad teams have no replacement when their middle linebacker is out with injury.
    ———–
    Nice one Florio. Now sign on as JimmySmith and try to write another douchebag comment against the Vikes to stir the pot. You havent signed on as Ambrose in a while so you might want to resurrect that name as well to throw everyone off the scent.

31. PerryMason says: December 9, 2009 5:38 PM
    —————————————
    Never mind the fact that the Packers bring in alot more revenue than the Vikings…nevermind they’re never in the bottom half of the league like the Vikings consistently are (usually one of the last 5 teams in revenues actually).
    You should shut your pie-hole…retraction my ass. GB is a small city but their fan base is vast compared to the d0-nothing Vikings. You have to draw fans from the Dakotas & Iowa to sell out your games, including your playoff ones.

32. # Fan_Of_ Four says: December 9, 2009 2:21 PM
    ———————————————–
    You are the most ignorant troll on the internet
    If you’re such a genius, give us all some DE & DT names out there that could be put in in case some of the Packer’s D-lineman can’t go on Sunday.
    Tell us!
    BTW FoF, the spirit of your dead mother visited me last night…she says you should give her a proper burial instead of keeping her in her rocking chair…and to stop wearing her clothes.

33. I loved watching this guy narf on tv. The sweet thing about it is the network showed it about six times, and a few were slow motion.

34. “Now I almost want the Sh!t Packers to win out just so Favre and the Vikings can stomp their wussy a$$es into the ground for the third time this year. ”
    Haha. In your dreams. Remember the Packers sweeping the Vikings in 2004 and losing to them in the playoffs? Yeah that is going happen again this year but this time it is going to be the other way around.

35. Shitterson:
    That would require me reposting everything you posted for the day. People on here don’t need me to repost your stuff to see how stupid you are.

36. Tell me FoF, who is out on the FA market for the Packers to sign? Who out there is worth a big $ contract (since you think TT is cheap).
    ________________
    Well, I’m no genius, but it seems to me it’d be smart to sufficiently stock your team before the season, when plenty of players are available through the draft, free agency, trades, etc. Then you wouldn’t have to bring in a suckbag like this guy. Not that it really matters. Your shit team isn’t going anywhere anyway.
    P.S. – speaking of offseason moves, probably wouldn’t hurt to keep future HOFers on the roster instead of letting them walk to a division rival and lead said rival to a pair of blowout victories over your sorry squad.

37. “instead of letting them walk to a division rival ”
    It’s no wonder you don’t think you are a genius.

38. Manbearpig says this funny stuff:
    ——-
    asshat candidate ??

39. jeff says:
    December 10, 2009 8:30 AM
    Shitterson:
    ——————————
    Not at all. One quote would do. Just one. Just a tiny little bit of effort to try to make your point. I’d settle for that.
    Instead, you’ll disappoint again. Probably post something about your favorite subject: poop. I understand that you’re constantly wiping it off your needle dick, but we don’t need to hear about it all the time, OK Bozo?

40. “instead of letting them walk to a division rival ”
    It’s no wonder you don’t think you are a genius.
    _______________________
    They paved the way for him to hop on the Purple train. I’m not going to get into that whole saga, but needless to say he’d still be in Green Bay were it not for the brilliant personnel man Ted, who has brought you the likes of Brian Brohm and Justin Harrell, and the fat lard who waddles the sidelines named Mike.
    So I’m an “asshat” huh Supersuckers? Way to use a tiresome insult that gets regurgitated on here numerous times a day. Clever. Nice comeback.
    Would everyone on the message bored who is not an unoriginal piece of repeatin’ shit please take one step forward?
    Not so fast, Supersuckers.

41. Why go to the trouble, when all people have to do is read the thread?
    Sorry pal, you are tagged with the shitterson moniker for your unbelievable wanting to mail shit to people.
    Trying to turn it around me is not going to work.

42. manbearpig aka jeff,
    This guy got it right. You left his name out.
    “That was all Favre, moron. The Packers traded him to the Jets and than began his selfish ways again and retired, asked for his release, unretired and signed with the Vikings.”

43. Sorry Supersuckers.
    The clever nickname of Packers4life should have been credited with the ridiculously false statement about Favre. My bad.
    Sure doesn’t make you any less of a douche though.

44. jeff says:
    December 10, 2009 2:26 PM
    Why go to the trouble, when all people have to do is read the thread?
    Trying to turn it around me is not going to work.
    ——————————
    It’s amazing a person can get through life this way… Consistently making references to someone’s stupidity and just as consistently FAILING to prove it. Only on the internet can this happen.
    But we all knew you were an internet tough guy. Just the fact that you put “chicken” in your last username was enough to make that obvious.