Kerry Rhodes tweets about leaving New York

Still upset about being taken out of the starting lineup, New York Jets safety Kerry Rhodes went on Twitter today to say he thinks he’d be appreciated elsewhere.

Responding to a tweet from a Jets fan who asked him if he realized how lucky he was to be playing football in New York, Rhodes tweeted the following (edited for clarity):

“New York is an OK place to play! Very good place to live and do other things, but to play is OK. I love real fans like you, trust me. The only reason I would leave is to show the few that hate what I will do with another team and let them know that having me isn’t that bad! I promise a lot of teams would love to have me as their problem!”

Rhodes and Jets coach Rex Ryan are clearly not on the same page about Rhodes’ role in the defense, and Rhodes yelled at a Jets assistant during Thursday’s practice. For as much as Rhodes seems to think he deserves to be a starter for the Jets, at this point it’s hard to see why Ryan would want him on the team at all. Which means that in a few months, Rhodes can find out exactly how much he’d be appreciated elsewhere.

Permalink 28 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: New York Jets, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
28 Responses to “Kerry Rhodes tweets about leaving New York”
  1. Adept says: Dec 11, 2009 6:26 PM

This is almost as good as the first time I read it.

2. blancanieve says: Dec 11, 2009 6:27 PM

Ok Kerry i will give you back your Pacifier

3. Bigbluefan says: Dec 11, 2009 6:27 PM

Kerry first off you do not play in NY nor do you pratice in NY you play for the NJ JETS which by the way is the 2nd class team in the Meadowlands

4. Cubano says: Dec 11, 2009 6:28 PM

Rhodes should STFU, and keep playing w/ his twitter!

5. damnitall says: Dec 11, 2009 6:34 PM

Bye Kerry. On your next team, make sure you walk into the locker holding your breath until you turn blue. Guaranteed to get you a starting job.

6. hsf09 says: Dec 11, 2009 6:34 PM

Is Rhodes due to be a FA at the end of the season? I thought he signed an extension?

7. Gene Simmon's Tongue says: Dec 11, 2009 6:50 PM

With the respect you give your current team, why not leave the NFL!
    Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. xR11Rx says: Dec 11, 2009 6:50 PM

Hey Kerry would be more than welcome to join the Oakland Raiders!! Kerry Rhodes at FS and Tyvon Branch at SS??? Man that’s a nice lookin secondary!! And in case some of you guys aren’t aware…Tyvon Branch is #12 in total tackles and #1 in tackles out of DBs. And he’s only a 2nd year player. Just a little stat.
    But ya Kerry Rhodes come to Oak Town

9. nyj-gate D says: Dec 11, 2009 6:51 PM

Tannenbaum should send his a$$ to the Browns so that we can read more of Kerry’s comical tweets, I’m sure Mangini would give up Joe Thomas/Shaun Rogers for another terrible Jet. He stopped playing once he got paid, and that’s why he got benched.

10. das8929 says: Dec 11, 2009 6:56 PM

We’ll take him in Miami! Come on down!

11. Ron In Charlotte says: Dec 11, 2009 6:57 PM

Ha Ha…Jets SUCK!

12. PFTiswhatitis says: Dec 11, 2009 7:03 PM

He can still play but he sure can run his mouth and leaves no doubt about his lack of brains. Mouthing off to an assistant will just reduce his opportunities for next year. That said, I wouldnt mind getting a hard hitting D-back on my fav team.

13. Ravenaddict4 says: Dec 11, 2009 7:07 PM

Kuck Ferry Rhodes!!!!

14. RaiderEric says: Dec 11, 2009 7:13 PM

# xR11Rx says: December 11, 2009 6:50 PM
    But ya Kerry Rhodes come to Oak Town
    ————————————————–
    As a fellow Raider fan, I have to say this is a terrible idea. Rhodes is mouthy and we already have a hard hitting SS in development (M. Mitchell). And Tyvon Branch’s stats are inflated by the fact that our LBs cant stuff the run worth a shat, so of course he’s leading DB;s in tackles. So did Stuart Schwiegert a few years ago, and he’s not considered a beastly player. I’d rather have a run stuffing DT or a true Mike LB and either shift or trade Morrison.

15. Bigguy says: Dec 11, 2009 7:21 PM

The real NY team is in desperate need of a safety. We’ll take him

16. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Dec 11, 2009 7:31 PM

Hahahaha, this is the same Kerry Rhodes that said, something along the lines of, our D is soooo good, I dont see us losing a game all season. LMFAO. You should be thankful Buffalo still has a team, so that you and your sucky franchise arent at the bottom of the division

17. nyj-gate D says: Dec 11, 2009 7:42 PM

PFTiswhatitis,
    rhodes is anything but “hard-hitting”, just look at any of his game films from this year, he has been shying away from hits all season long. including against Welker, which means you know he’s a big pu$$y…

18. cannoli says: Dec 11, 2009 8:01 PM

Raider fans – take him! But he’s not fast enough for Al Davis to fall in love with. Besides, why would you want him when you have Mitchell and Huff besides Branch?
    The Jets will be fine without him.

19. tacious says: Dec 11, 2009 8:53 PM

As I said earlier, Rex needs to go Gruden and Keyshawn his ass for the rest of the season; then trade him for a decent draft pick this winter…

20. Bill Cowher's Chin says: Dec 11, 2009 8:55 PM

PFTiswhatitis says:
    December 11, 2009 7:03 PM
    ____________________________________
    That “hard hitting” defensive back is the same guy that got absolutely debacled by Laurence “Dancing With the Stars” Maroney…… Maroney debacles no one, so you get the idea

21. hizzle1281 says: Dec 11, 2009 9:24 PM

a dollar he goes to the Bengals and you never hear from him again(Roy Williams)

22. SanFranFan says: Dec 11, 2009 9:24 PM

Come on over across the country to San Fran Mr. Rhodes, we’re in need of a secodary!!

23. GoBears84 says: Dec 11, 2009 10:27 PM

I’d take him.

24. RevisMVP says: Dec 11, 2009 11:09 PM

Ron In Charlotte says:
    December 11, 2009 6:57 PM
    Ha Ha…Jets SUCK!
    Please Ron, Panthers aint doing much better. you watch 2 weeks ago and see what kerry rhodes did? How many yards did D’angelo have? What steve smith do? Clown

25. mcm says: Dec 11, 2009 11:34 PM

I’m a Jets season ticket holder and I loved this guy when he actually cared about his on the field efforts. He has become a clown and Mr. T please ship him elsewhere.

26. antneejay2 says: Dec 12, 2009 12:00 AM

Yo, Kerry. Go to Philly and take Revis with you. Then turn around and go back to New York alone.

27. CKL says: Dec 12, 2009 11:31 AM

LOL, Rhodes never ran his mouth like this until Mr. “I WON’T KISS BB’S Rings” came to town.
    Even as a Pats fan I used to like the kid and respect his game. Now, not so much.

28. tom coughlin's coat holder says: Dec 12, 2009 2:11 PM

rhodes tackles like a hairdresser.