Bengals-Vikings one-liners

Adrian Peterson carried the Minnesota offense, especially in the first half, during Minnesota’s 30-10 victory over the Bengals.

Brett Favre on his 17-of-30 for 192 yard performance: “If there was ever a game to manage going in, it was this one.”

LB Jasper Brinkley was solid in place for E.J. Henderson in his first start, but S Jamarca Sanford was the rookie replacement who impressed most.

The Minnesota secondary looked a lot better with CB Antoine Winfield back in the lineup.

DT Pat Williams, always good for an awesome ornery quote, said the team never doubted itself after last week’s meltdown: “Y’all had a doubt. You’ll do the doubting. We lost the game last week, played bad
and we bounced back.”

More Williams, this time on the Bengals: “To y’all they’re super Bengals. That’s the same old Bengals to me. I watched tape all week.
They didn’t impress me none.”

The sluggish Bengals passing attack was highlighted when Carson Palmer only threw for 94 yards on 25 attempts.

Palmer isn’t getting great protection, and he’s not going vertical because his receivers don’t get that open.

Eleven penalties were called against the Bengals, continuing a season-long trend of mental errors.

Despite pregame talk the RB Larry Johnson would get more involved, L.J. had only three carries to 16 for Cedric Benson.

Bengals S Chris Crocker is expected to miss 2-3 weeks after hurting his ankle.

Permalink 15 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors
15 Responses to “Bengals-Vikings one-liners”
  1. ryanmc says: Dec 14, 2009 7:27 PM

Um, Pat, the last time you guys played the “same old Bengals” was back in 2005 and they whipped your team 37-8.

2. Cincy007 says: Dec 14, 2009 7:37 PM

“To y’all they’re super Bengals. That’s the same old Bengals to me. I watched tape all week. They didn’t impress me none.”
    -Why can’t they just interview Brett so we don’t have to lose and then have to read this jibberish.

3. bluestree says: Dec 14, 2009 7:54 PM

Paper Tigers. Turns out it’s the Bengals who melt down. Good win for the Vikes. If they continue to ride AP in December they shoudn’t lose another game.

4. shinsnake says: Dec 14, 2009 8:39 PM

Pat Williams was 0-1 as a member of the Vikings, so I guess it feels good to him to get even. In his comments he was probably referring to his 4-0 record against the Bengals when he was with the Bills, but the trade-off was he had to play in South Canada, so…

5. shinsnake says: Dec 14, 2009 8:41 PM

Oh, forgot, he’s right though, they did look like the old Bengals.

6. HardcoreH1 says: Dec 14, 2009 9:06 PM

Every good team loses a game or 2 (or 4). No shame in losing to a great team. Unless of course they come out and do the sane thing against the Chargers. A 1st round bye is on the line and I think they’ll rise to the occasion.
    The Vikes played a great game. Kudos to them and congrats to the Vikings fans.

7. dustyschmidt22 says: Dec 14, 2009 11:41 PM

other than the defense, they havent been overly impressive to me either, and im a fan. we have the worst offensive coordinator in the league, not only is the gameplan coming into the game predictable, but the playcalling is predictable. i get that marvin wants to be a running a defensive oriented team because thats what the AFCN is, but with a $100 million qb, you have to be able to get production out of the passing game.
    other than chad, no wr has stepped up on a consistent basis. coles and caldwell have had their games and made a few plays, but its never been something you can count on. with teams scheming to take chad away (he was doubled and sometimes tripled all game sunday, and most teams have approached him in a similar manner), the other WRs need to step up and they havent. whats also great is that our 2nd round draft pick wr cant even crack the active roster.
    bring back zampese! we havent developed a wr since and our offensive production shows it

8. blester01 says: Dec 15, 2009 12:21 AM

I don’t have faith in this team anymore for the remainder of the season. I think we will still win the division with wins over the Chiefs and Jets, but SD is going to open a can of whoop ass on us unless the offense gets it together. I want to see the Bratkowski, who called the Packers game, not the non-creative garbage that we have been getting since the bye week. For a team that improved every week from week one to the bye, we have degenerated on a weekly basis since the Bears game. I keep wondering if we are going to see bottom, but I don’t see them turning it around anytime soon. Personally, I think there is something wrong with Palmer, and I feel the play calling is reflecting that.
    This has been a great season, and fun to watch, but the playoff experience is going to be short and sweet. Still this is a lot better than another 4-12 year.

9. sand0 says: Dec 15, 2009 8:40 AM

My honest take on the game as a Vikings fan.
    Bengals passing game stinks. Vikings pass defense is usually their weakness and the Bengals only managed 94 yards.
    Bengals run game is solid. They had much more success in the Dome than most teams. However, we are fresh off of losing our run stuffing MLB EJ Henderson.
    Bengals defense all around is very good. Vikings scored 30 because of field position more than dominant offense. Don’t quote me but I believe that average starting position was on the midfield side of the 40 for the Vikings.
    Bengals need to stop committing penalties, play better special teams, and hit the occasional big play in the passing game if they want to hold out against solid playoffs competition. But with their two cornerbacks and solid run defense I think they could probably hold up against any team in the NFL defensively.

10. Bigskyvikes says: Dec 15, 2009 8:54 AM

sand0 says:
    December 15, 2009 8:40 AM
    My honest take on the game as a Vikings fan.
    ————————————————
    You should edit the first line:
    “My honest take on the game as a” Bengals fan!
    Who do you think your fooling?

11. Ron E says: Dec 15, 2009 9:44 AM

Good take Sando, and this from a Bengals fan.
    Congrats on the win, the Vikes looked pretty good, at the end of the day the team that scores the most points wins, and the point differential was pretty big. I will say that they should not get too cocky, they didn’t look like an elite team, especially if the Bengals looked like the same old Bengals.
    Not to make excuses, but many people might not know this, the Bengals too were missing several key players. They were playing with 2nd and 3rd string guys at DT, DE, FS, and SS. So with several key injuries, the Bengals D did a decent job against the Vikings, field position really is what cost them.
    This was a game that I wanted to see the Bengals try to get the passing game going, and maybe bring out the no huddle offense.

12. leatherneck says: Dec 15, 2009 9:58 AM

Here’s another take from a Vikings fan.
    My experience with Bengals fans online has been 100% positive. You guys are some of the classiest fans around.
    Your team is really good. You already know the key weakness of your team, which is the passing game. Well, that was the Vikings’ weakness too until Brett Favre arrived.
    Good luck to the Bengals in the future.

13. PurpleRaid12 says: Dec 15, 2009 10:35 AM

I agree with Leatherneck. Bengals fans are extremely classy, even leading up to the game (every one does it) we smack talked, but the talk was nothing more than just banter (on both sides). I say good luck the REST of this year Bengals……… maybe, just maybe we will BOTH meet again….?

14. whodey1982 says: Dec 15, 2009 11:03 AM

I hope this doesn’t change your views of the Bengals fan’s class, but I’m not at all willing to return the compliment.
    I went to Minnesota for the Bengals game and can honestly say that I have never met bigger a-holes in my life (and I’ve been to a good # of away games, including the GB game this year). I figured we’d get some mid-west hospitality and some good old tongue-in-cheek ribbing…not at all. A shocking # of people were malicious and wanted to pick fights. Total classless rednecks.
    Now I WILL NOT paint every Vikings fan with the same brush, as I know the good definitely outweighs the bad, but i have to say that there were many more “bad apples” than I have ever encountered at an away game.
    It got so bad at a bar after the game, that “older” Vikings fans were coming up and apologizing to us for the way people were behaving. I guess that, in and of itself, shows the good side too but nonetheless it was terrible. We were harassed (and keep in mind, I have thick skin) before, during and after the game NON-STOP. There were Vikings fans (at a Vikings bar) that were kicked out because of how bad it got. I did, however, learn a new word: Rube. It’s apparently how the civilized Minnesota people refer to their resident rednecks.

15. Rachel Uchitel says: Dec 15, 2009 2:27 PM

whodey1982:
    Not that I really care but what do you expect when it’s cold outside and you’re at a bar after a Vikings win. Drunk idiots, on their turf, it happens.
    That said, sorry for the bad hospitality :D