Erin Henderson suspended four games

It has been a trying couple of weeks for the Henderson brothers.

The Vikings announced Tuesday that backup linebacker Erin Henderson has been suspended for the next four games for violating the league’s policy on performance enhancing substances.

The news comes just six days after Erin’s brother E.J. was placed on injured reserve following a gruesome leg injury suffered on Sunday Night Football.

Erin was active against the Bengals Sunday, recording his first two tackles since Week Eight.  He will be eligible to return to the team after Minnesota’s first playoff game.

121 responses to “Erin Henderson suspended four games

1. Somewhere in a bar in Kenosha…a few Packer fans are wiping the sauce off their bowling shirts and looking at this story…
    “Those dirty, cheating Vikings! Suspend them all and move the team to LA as punishment! …Love Boat…Childress sucks…Favre! Blah blah blah”

2. BE SERIOUS ROGER GOODELL!! IF A FREAKING BACKUP IS JUICING WHAT DO YOU THINK THE REST OF THAT TEAM IS DOING!! THE Williams STERIOD Wall!! this is just ridiculous!

3. Thats awesome…I bet they tested him outside of Minnessoodaa…I don’t think performance enhancements would have helped my boy!!!
    In the end with no “All Day”…Brett Favvray is a interception throwing fool…take a look Minnasoodans at the Arizona game…a good look into the future when “All Day” is stopped!! Chances are 1 and done in the play offs…..

4. Come on Erin! You need to step up now that E.J. is done. We need you on special teams. Knock that crap off!!!!!

5. If he appeals the suspension, would that leave him eligible for the rest of the season?
    Not condoning it, but just a what if type thing……
    Beyond that, his big brother needs to kick his ass in a major way once that leg is healed!!!
    99% of those talking shit bout the Vikings are the ones who wish their teams were doing as well!

6. What. A. Surprise. Another Viking trying to cheat through use of illegal drugs. If they ain’t cheating, they ain’t trying. What a joke of an organization.

7. I thought boys spelled their name A-a-r-o-n.
    Another Juicer on the vikings, I’m sure he’ll appeal and be able to play the next two years too

8. I thought Erin was a girl’s name.
    But then again, they do play indoors and wear those feminine purple uniforms and all their fans wear wigs with long, blonde braids.

9. Before anyone tries to tie this to the Williams case, you better wait at least for a detail or two. It is quite possible that Erin Henderson was actually using performance enhancing drugs, in which case the MN law is unlikely to grant him any type of an appeal or trial. He would also be screwed if it was an illicit drug, which it doesn’t sound like.
    Vikings players and players of other pro MN teams have been suspended before for illicit and performance enhancing drugs. Our laws don’t just blindly protect you from ever being suspended. However in the Williams case they were taking a legal, over the counter non performance enhancing drug and were therefore granted an appeal and right to trial to plead their case.
    If it was an over the counter drug he likely will appeal it and temporarily win. If it wasn’t and he is guilty, he likely will sit 4 weeks.

10. BTW – JimmySmith and Bob Nelson are PFT Staff coming on here to post and stir up more clicks for their benefit.

11. If he took a legit banned substance, then he absolutely deserves to be suspended. The potential difference between this and the Starcaps case (for you morons that just continue to look at who the players are instead of the facts) is that the Starcaps product contained a prescription only ingredient that was knowingly withheld from the active ingredients list.
    So if someone spiked your chocolate milk with chocolate flavored laxative and didn’t tell you, would you know? No, you wouldn’t. That is the reason why the Starcaps case is different. So for all of you Packer fans, why is Jolly still playing when he got busted with illegal street drugs? Why was Nick Barnett only suspended 1 game for beating a woman, allowed to appeal that suspension, then have that 1 game suspension lifted?
    So shut the f@ck up already and understand that every team has its flaws, and every team has hidden secrets. Even your almighty GB Packers. We may have had a “Love Boat” scandal, but we never had a player so drunk that he knocked over a sign by our stadium and then fled (Freeman) and we never had a player that bought his way out of a Rape Trial like the little rapist Mark Chumura did. See, your boys have their problems as well.

12. It depends on what he was tested positive for. I think the law in Minnesota only protects against testing for something legal.

13. This is a pretty humorous thread. 2 Viking fans predict Packer fans will try to claim the whole team is cheating. And it’s immediately followed up with exactly that. Care to make any predictions on some games this weekend? With prescience like that I can clean up with some juicy Vegas bets.

14. The Williams’ brothers hiding behind state law and being protected by the NFLPA after they agreed to the rules under the collective bargaining agreement that’s in place is disgusting and these players(including Saints players should have been forced to serve their suspensions long ago). It’s the players’ responsibility to know what substances they’re putting into their bodies, not the NFL’s to disclose what products may contain illegal substances.

15. Do Packer fans know that Johnny Jolly is on their team? So enough with the holier than thou routine, every team in the league has abusers.

16. “BE SERIOUS ROGER GOODELL!! IF A FREAKING BACKUP IS JUICING WHAT DO YOU THINK THE REST OF THAT TEAM IS DOING!! THE Williams STERIOD Wall!! this is just ridiculous!”
    Rest of the team? What about the rest of the league? I doubt that this is isolated to a backup linbeacker for the Vikings. I also doubt that the entire NYG team is clean, or any other team for that matter.

17. It’s kinda funny that people believe that one team or another uses more performance enhancing drugs than the other. Look at these guys, they’re science projects. I’d be more than willing to bet that 95% of all NFL players are using (or have used) performance enhancing drugs. The NFL doesn’t want to clean up the league, it just wants to “catch” a couple of users every other month or so and suspend them, so they can say they’re doing everything they can to keep it clean. If the NFL was serious, it could drug test everybody, every month, but they know that all the teams would lose most of their rosters.

18. Evpimp says:
    December 15, 2009 4:28 PM
    WOW Erin
    I hope your brother kicks your ass!!!
    ——————————
    Let’s hope he remembers which leg to use.

19. Vikes-N-Favre says:
    December 15, 2009 5:06 PM
    —————————–
    Then again, if I were specifically told by my employer that I should not buy chocolate milk from XYZ Dairy Farms and then I went out and got my chocolate milk from XYZ Diary Farms, I wouldn’t have too much to complain about, would I?

20. The players were aware of what they were putting in their bodies… according to what the ingredient label said. The diuretic/illegal substance WAS NOT listed in the ingredients, hence the big court battle. One more time for the cheap seats “THE ILLEGAL INGREDIENT WAS NOT LISTED ON THE BOTTLE”. And a little something that bob nelson & jimmy smith can understand ” Ummmm, look what I found in mah nose. Bet you won’t eat it for a nickel. Can I borrow a nickel?”.

21. “Satanic Hell Creature says:
    December 15, 2009 5:20 PM
    I’d be more than willing to bet that 95% of all NFL players are using (or have used) performance enhancing drugs. The NFL doesn’t want to clean up the league, it just wants to “catch” a couple of users every other month or so and suspend them, so they can say they’re doing everything they can to keep it clean.”
    And rarely make an example of a star player.
    For example, I’m not saying Peyton Manning uses steroids…..I’m just saying last time I watched a Colts game with Barry Bonds, he said Peyton’s head didn’t look normal.

22. Love_Boat_Scandal says:
    December 15, 2009 4:49 PM
    If they ain’t cheating, they ain’t trying.
    ***************************************
    Nice, redneck Nascar quote you 2 toothed, cheap beer drinking moron.
    Hey, moron! Hey! Moron! Duh! L-Look at me. I’m the w-w-waterboy. Duh! I got a wooden spoon

23. Vikes-N-Favre says: December 15, 2009 5:06 PM
    ——————–
    Shut your pie hole already! Why is it that EVERY time there’s a post, you feel the need to pop off with ridiculous commentary that makes you look like even a more ridiculous homer? You’re bring up inaccurate cases and have to dig back 8-12 years? Your Freeman babbling is highly inaccurate. Look it up. Nick Barnett didn’t beat any women. Why do you think he won the case? The alleged woman who owned the club even came to his defense and said that the allegations were false and that she wasn’t assaulted.
    Mark Chmura??? Are you kidding me? When was that like 10 years ago? I actually listened to the trial over the internet and if you think he was guilty for having a girl follow him into a bathroom when he’s changing out of a swimsuit, you’re nuts. The fact that the women was a virgin before the alleged rape and medical reports proved the same thing afterwards makes it kind of hard to prove she was raped, doesn’t it?
    Regardless, if you want to talk about real arrests and police incidents and compare over the past 10 years, it wouldn’t even be close to an even comparison. You’ll realized that soon enough when Bryant McKinnie is in jail to start the season next year.
    Don’t worry about poor little Erin. He can take whatever banned substances he wants. Minnesota state law will make sure he’s protected!

24. Jolly got busted for drinking a codeine concoction. He was trying to sip on the suzzurp. No roids like the queens

25. Really? Wow…. After all seeing this Williams wall fiasco why wouldn’t you be more careful or not do it if you knew.. Thats just stupid.

26. Frankly, I’m shocked. Not that a Viking would take performancing enchancing drugs but that the NFL could actually enforce their policies in the state of MN. I wonder what happened to the season ticket holding judge that ruled so favorably for the William’s sisters? Did he take a couple of weeks off or something?
    Maybe Erin didn’t have enough time to drive a hour north of the Twin Cities to grab the Whizanator off the restaurant’s wall? Either way, just another sorry chapter in the annuals of the morally bankrupt franchise. I’m just sorry it was so routine and doesn’t come close to the levels of a Love Boat, wrapping your kid’s head in plastic wrap, Whizantor, scalping Superbowl tickets or tapping your feet in the airport bathroom hoping to attract a Viking fan.

27. Cereal Blogger.
    No, his brother wasn’t busted, but thanks for making up wild rumors. She we all start doing that?
    Wasn’t your Dad a Rockette???
    OK, ss far as all you other idiots that don’t know the difference between a diuretic and steroids, who don’t understand any of the actual legal proceedings and what they mean concerning the Williams’ case, who are actually trying to connect two unrelated events, who are so ill-informed that you believe your own teams to have no flaws; you might want to keep to things that you have a chance on getting straight.
    Perhaps you could start with simple things like what a “sack” is, or a “touchdown” and work your way up from there.
    Erin got busted. Good. If he was doin’ steroids, he needs to go down. There ya go. End of story. Christ, some of you are just pathetic!

28. Who gives a shit? Is this guy even matter on the Vikings? Correct me if I’m wrong, but he’s no E.J. Henderson. He’s a backup for a reason.
    Viking fans, I won’t talk shit. I hate you and your team, but I could care less about one of your backups. Losing this guy for four games will not have any affect on your season.
    Now if AP got busted, then I might have something to say.

29. maybe it was estrogen. he sure got overly emotional about his brother breaking his leg. Erin sure acted like it was life threatening. Plus his name is E_R_I_N

30. Just another scandal in the long list of viking scandals. Perhaps this idiot will also claim he is too incompetent to be held responsible for what he puts in his mouth.
    You have a group of people always embarassing Minnesota and bringing crime into the state.
    Only recently 2 players from this team were driving over 104 mph on the icy winter roads of Minnesota endangering the public. They are awaiting the criminal penalties for their violations of Minnesota traffic laws.
    They have an absentee owner who does not spend 30 days in the state of Minnesota. They extended the contract of a milktoast coach who refuses to discipline players and the crimes just keep adding up. It begins with nonChristian ownership works its way downhill permeating the entire organization.
    They are their own worst enemies in public relations.
    Then they think the people of a poor debt ridden state should tax themselves 2 billion dollars over 30 years to build another stadium for those type players and absentee owner!
    The vikings do not even have the guts to put a stadium issue on the ballot and let the electorate decide.
    The constant scandals of the vikings’ is one reason why Minnesotans will not miss the franchise when it moves.
    Bad press from child abusers, public sex acts, drug abuse, lying violations of honor by a head coach scalping tickets, to drunken high speed police chases, bringing in prostitutes from out of state, locker room brawls among players, players stealing each others vehicles, the Criminal Cruise, suporting organized crime, on and on and on gives the vikings a poor reputation as community low lifes and thugs.
    They have done nothing to improve their standing in the community. Nothing.

31. no bob nelson yet? hasn’t the 1 packer fan that runs their mouth on here had the chance to log into all theri accounts?
    Jimmy “douche bowler” Smith has had a chance to spew some stuff from years and years ago, I would just like you remind you that chumura is a rapist, as are the kids of your coaches. lombardi and curley where both absolute pricks, and probably touched kids in in appropriate ways too, just to get the franchise rolling in the right direction.
    Erin, sit your 4 games, and hopefully your brother heals well enough to beat the shit outta you soon. this shit is absolutely un called for, you are a talented athlete, and you need no edge to succeed in this division of suckasses. grow up, quit embarresing yourself, your family, your team, and your fans.

32. Dear God,
    If there are aliens or more intelligent life forms out there is the universe, please do not let this site be the first thing they discover about humans and humanity. Please.
    Amen

33. It makes me smile to hear the hate some Packer’s fans have for the Vikes. It really does! You see, that means you’re weak. Very, very weak.
    I’m a Viking’s fan. Do I hate the Pack? Nope, don’t give a shit about them. Don’t spend a minute of my day thinking about them. Why would I?
    Reading the comments left by the Packers fans here is like reading the diary of a jilted 12 year old girl. Obsessed, bitter and juvenile. That’s how you all sound to the rest of the world.
    Keep it up!

34. Bob Nelson, if I’m not mistaken (and I’m pretty sure I’m not), you sound a lot like a person who has no interest in the sport of football at all. Which begs the natural question – why the hell are you even here?

35. Call Chumura names if you must but he was put on trial and found not guility and the entire episode took place after he played his last game for the Packers. And that was truly years and years ago, well before any of the Viking incidents I mentioned.
    As far as I know, neither Lombardi’s or Lambeau’s children were part of the Packers so their character is beyond the scope of this thread.
    But the Vikings are truly the sleaziest team in the NFL, that’s probably why you are such a fan. It can’t be because of their trophy case, they don’t even own one.

36. Vikes-N-Favre says:
    December 15, 2009 5:06 PM
    ————-
    Good post, except for the total lack of factual information. You just wasted 30 seconds of my life making me read that load of crap.

37. majik man,
    you really like to continue with the dumb post huh?
    Jolly’s case is in court. Hendersons is actual guilt……..confirmed

38. BigEasy33 says:
    December 15, 2009 4:52 PM
    I must be in that 1% chief!!!! Who Dat!!!!!
    —————————————–
    Here writes ^ the stupiderest bastard I think Ive ever read a post from!
    You need serious help there bigeasy………………

39. Hey Bob Nelson (Mike Florio or any other PFT member who likes to write under that name) can you please clarify the child abuser part? I do not expect a response from you Bob since you (Florio and crew) typically do not respond to comments or post. You just stir the pot once, get your clicks, and leave.

40. whatthehellisgoingonoutthere says: December 15, 2009 5:49 PM
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Am I kidding you? Nope. Yes,the Chumura case was like 10 years ago, but your last SB was like 14 years ago and you still try to bring that up on a daily basis don’t you? So you are trying to tell me to not bring up a bad mark on your team that happened 10 years ago, but you along with every other Packer fan can bring up your last SB win which was 4 years before the Chumura case? I live near GB moron, so I think I would know what goes on around here.
    FTI, Barnett owned the nightclub where he assaulted a woman, not the woman. The club WAS called Club 5-6, I say was because the city of Green Bay forced him to close it down because of all the problems there each and every week. You can’t lead by example when the club owner himself beats women.
    Its just funny that anytime anyone says anything about the Packers, you GB fans have to bring up stupid excuses. The court didn’t prove the girl accusing Chumura of rape was a virgin, it actually proved that she had intercourse but couldn’t prove it was with him, so get your stories straight. Fans of teams defend their players, so if you guys can do it, so can fans of any other team. If you don’t like it, then don’t be the first ones on a article like this one talking smack about the Vikings. The truth is, GB players do just as much as anyone else in the NFL does. Deal with it.

41. Bob Nelson says:
    Can’t say that I’m surprised to read something like that from old Bobby. I don’t appreciate anti-semetic takes on the boards and I hope Florio and the rest of you agree. Keep on bangin’ that bible you redneck slob.

42. irishgary says: December 15, 2009 7:30 PM
    majik man,
    you really like to continue with the dumb post huh?
    Jolly’s case is in court. Hendersons is actual guilt……..confirmed
    ____________________
    Here you go irishgay (not a typo), just re-indicted.
    And if you really believe it wasn’t his, I bet you think the glove really didn’t fit. Henderson got 4 games, Jolly faces 20 years in prison. It takes the grand jury a little longer than the NFL to find guilt, but that loser isn’t wiggling out of this.

43. Jolly just wanted to get a buzz. Same for mr Harvin while he was in college. Harvin just never got caught by cops. Call it luck of the draw.

44. Screw you BOOB Nelson. At least we don’t have closet shitters on our team. Hey look, that guy left a pile of Bob in the closet. I am glad we don’t have reciprocity anymore so you Wisconsin PRICKS can leave your tax money here so we can get a new stadium. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. He will be eligible to return to the team after Minnesota’s first playoff game.
    —————
    So he will return next year.

46. You all need to get over it. We all know what Father Nelson is going to say even before he says it (most of the time what he says is true, but it just comes out in a very obscure way), so why sit there and complain that he says things to ‘stir the pot’. You’re helping his cause, and it’s quite comical to watch these day-to-day episodes. Keep on it Father, you continue to generate quite the reactions.

47. Sometimes it’s just hard to ignore the absolute ignorance that spews from the Packer faithful. With apologies to my wife who is from Eau Claire, the people of Wisconsin (or at least Packer fans)are quite possibly the most intellectually challenged, hypocritical, insufferable, whiny no-it-alls walking the face of the planet. They hardly show up on their own team’s threads but will bombard another team’s stories just to share their own miserable existance. While some Vikings fans can be imature & trash talk, I have found it is most often in response to attacks on the Vikings and/or their fans.
    Bobbber Nelson –
    The vast majority of your bile is inaccurate lies, but you know that already. That’s why you never respond to anyone who challenges your idiotic rants.
    JimmySmith –
    Chmura played the season previous to his incident and retired AFTER the accusations were made. Darrion Scott was released by the Vikings BEFORE he wrapped his childs head in plastic. The Wizanator was neither illegal nor against any known NFL rule, however, it was embarrassing. Scalping SB tickets had also been admitted by a multitude of players and NFL personel, and was known to have happened throughout the league from top to bottom. Tice was just stupid enough to make it public and the league was forced to deal with it. Still not condoning it, just providing the full story.
    It’s funny how Packers fans defend their miscreants by saying “it happened a long time ago”, “they were never found guilty”, “the charges were dropped”, but don’t accept those same excuses when they are offered for incidents involving Vikings players. That is the very definition of a hypocrite!
    It’s also funny how everyone screams about the laws being ignored by Viking players, yet when those laws protect the players, as in the WIlliams Wall case, they want the laws to be ignored. That is the definition of stupidity!
    greengld says:
    Good post, except for the total lack of factual information.
    Perhaps you can speak with your breatheren as well.

48. garylandon41 says:
    December 15, 2009 4:50 PM
    I thought boys spelled their name A-a-r-o-n.
    —- ———————————————
    No, that chick that plays for the packers (12, I think) spells it that way too

49. Supersuckers says:
    December 15, 2009 10:48 PM
    Joke of a organization not built for the long run.
    ===============================
    Vikings team isn’t the one with 10 free agents to sign, with no cash in the coffers to pay them.
    If they pay even half of them, they don’t make any money.
    How many years do the GBP get away with that?
    Have fun with that Super.
    You think you know, but you really don’t know
    “I’m ashamed for you.”

50. jeff says:
    December 16, 2009 8:50 AM
    Supersuckers says:
    December 15, 2009 10:48 PM
    Joke of a organization not built for the long run.
    ===============================
    If they pay even half of them, they don’t make any money.
    How many years do the GBP get away with that?
    Have fun with that Super.
    You think you know, but you really don’t know
    “I’m ashamed for you.”
    —-
    They will have plenty of money. Ted will sign who he deems necessary and won’t sign who he doesn’t deem necessary due to a potential replacement. Thank God for Ted Thompson.

51. They already spent their 4 mil profit on Chillar!!
    Still lose depth.
    2 safties and Williams are a must to sign.
    $ starters from that “awesome” o-line too.
    The Packers don’t have enough to sign them all.
    You are going back on your argument from the past about cap space vs. real money.
    No Gm that is any good lets 11 guys get to FA at the same time….it’s moronic!
    I say thank god for TT too. Thank god he’s the GM of the Packers……long term losers.

52. Dahan says:
    December 15, 2009 6:58 PM
    —————————–
    You’re going to be busted if you keep breaking into your ex-girlfriend’s house and reading her diary.

53. durno99 says:
    December 15, 2009 8:24 PM
    At least we don’t have closet shitters on our team.
    —————————–
    Neither do we. That guy hasn’t been around since 2005.

54. jeff says:
    December 16, 2009 10:48 AM
    They already spent their 4 mil profit on Chillar!!
    Still lose depth.
    2 safties and Williams are a must to sign.
    $ starters from that “awesome” o-line too.
    The Packers don’t have enough to sign them all.
    No Gm that is any good lets 11 guys get to FA at the same time….it’s moronic!

55. Again Jeff…for people like us to call people “moronic” who are employed and a million times more qualified then us is silly.

56. jeff says:
    December 16, 2009 10:48 AM
    They already spent their 4 mil profit on Chillar!!
    Still lose depth.
    2 safties and Williams are a must to sign.
    $ starters from that “awesome” o-line too.
    The Packers don’t have enough to sign them all.
    No Gm that is any good lets 11 guys get to FA at the same time….it’s moronic!
    ——————————
    Jeff your angry act is getting old and tired. How does someone who posts the nonsense you do with no facts make it through a day?
    Talk about a team in a financial crisis. Talk about your own.

57. @jeffwhacksoff:
    Don’t worry about jeff/chicken/fagnar’s act. He won’t be changing.
    Besides, he does himself more harm than good in his posts. He just called 19 GMs (including his team’s management) “moronic”. 19 teams have 11 or more players becoming free agents in 2010.
    I’m sure they’d all be doing much better with him at GM. He doesn’t understand simple math. 53 players on a team.. Most contracts are for 5 years or less… Hello? That means you’re going to have roughly 10 guys coming into free agency year in and year out, along with the peaks and valleys that go along with it.

58. Adam
    Before spouting off, do some research. That list you came up with isn’t exactly current. Winfield, Rosenfels, and Griffin already extended. The only key guys left unsigned are Edwards and Taylor. Taylor wants to start, and probably won’t be back. Edwards will be resigned, unless of course they decide they want Kampman, who definitely won’t be in GB next year.
    The Packers, meanwhile, have 10 starters not locked up for next year. This is poor management.

59. Majik,
    I am afraid jeff has egg on his face on this one. you can speculate all you want about who will be back, who wants to start, etc. But the proof is on the list. jeff could say the same thing as you. If that is the case then he cannot make his argument until free agency actually begins because green bay has until then to sign the guys they want to. my oh my…

60. Majik Man says:
    December 16, 2009 12:37 PM
    Adam
    ————————–
    Feel free to provide a better list. Until then, I’m going with this one.
    And please, research? You’re backing up Jeff and saying “do some research”? Research and Jeff go together like oil and water.
    Or perhaps more acurately, like vinegar and water.

61. My oh my …my ass!
    The packers don’t have enough to pay 10 starters.
    You 2 jibbering idiots can talk all you want about “egg” on my face. It’s simply not true.
    Minnesota has a lot of FA”s , yes, they aren’t front line in volume like the Packers are.
    For you to think they can sign them all or a majority of them is foolheardy on your part Super.
    It goes against everything you ever spoke on the financials of the Packers.
    But, that’s your game isn’t it?
    Hide behind your “know nothing” statements.
    I’m glad someone else called you out on it because it’s the truth.
    Keeping them all would run in the area of 45 million per year.
    It’s not happening.
    Driver wants some money too.
    You go ahead and call me stupid all you want, you are both wrong on this one.
    Shitterson: I understand the math, I also understand roster turnover. It’s just idiotic to have that many front line players to come up for contract at the same time.
    We will see, but they will be lucky to sign 3-4 of those guys…..lose depth in the process.
    I am beginning to hate this site, I had a post not go through prior to this. It was much better, but being at wotk, cannot go back and take the time to re- write it.
    Super: your know nothing act is getting old.
    You know that you think you are smarter than everone else.
    Then you act all flabbergasted when you get called on it, like JS did to you at the joint.

62. Idiot twins Super and Adam
    Like I said before, Winfield, Griffin, and Rosenfels have signed extensions. Charles Gordon was released.
    Edwards and Tahi are the only starters not locked up. Green Bay has more free agent starters than Minny has total free agents. And Adam, didn’t seeing KGB’s name, and not seeing Tramon Williams give you any clue that the list may be a bit off?
    And here’s an accurate team by team list of the rosters and free agency years. Note that the Vikings have 8, not 15. So no egg on Jeff’s face, he was right, you 2 were incredibly wrong, business as usual. It’s poor management, you can’t spin it any other way, Super.

63. Shitterson:
    You are an idiot. i know it’s redundant.
    As stated: Edwards, Tahi and Taylor are the only guys worth mentioning as FA’s
    The rest of the guys are 3rd string and 2 aren’t even on the team anymore.
    2 starters and a 3rd down back vs. 8 starters and 2 heavy rotation guys.
    Do the math, the Pack can’t afford them all.
    keep the faith brothers, keep the faith, Teabag painted himself into a corner.

64. Ya know jeff I have never personally attacked you for anything. You tell me you are laughing and giggling and you do not take this site seriously then you post that. I wasnt the one that called you out. This is supposed to be fun. You have called me a idiot a moron essentially every name in the book and I brush it off. You say its not personal. By your last post it clearly is. you get some mild passive aggresive answers and you lose it. And I wasnt the one you were debating. Its obvious the stuff you have said on here are your true thoughts. Fair enough.

65. As I said, go ahead and find a more accurate list of free agent players by team.
    In the meantime, I’ll take the list I have, which shows 15 free agents for the Vikings, subtract the 3 you’ve brought up and say there’s still more than 11–which makes Vikings team management “moronic”, right Jeff?
    This is just your S.O.P., though. Make a blanket statement, have it proven wrong or thrown back in your face and then quickly abandon your original point.
    You said, “No Gm that is any good lets 11 guys get to FA at the same time….it’s moronic!” Are you clarifying that statement or are you standing pat? If so, you’ve called the majority of front office management in the NFL moronic. And you’ve forgotten basic freakin’ math in the process.

66. Supersuckers says:
    December 16, 2009 1:49 PM
    I wonder if it will be a screaming rant or a humerous admission of oops. Could go either way.
    —————————–
    Please. When has chicken ever admitted to being wrong? He just changes the argument everytime he’s wrong.

67. jeff, I think you hurt Super’s feelings. You would think he would be used to being proven wrong and being called an idiot by now.

68. Adam:
    I guess my point should have been 10 starters, fair enough, partially wrong. But you get the gist of it. You are playing the semantics game again.
    Super:
    Yep, it’s supposed to be fun. It’s not anymore, because your goal seems to be to try and piss me off, and when you do, you play the wounded animal routine.
    I get called every name in the book on here and it doesn’t faze me. Because we are freinds, I’m not supposed to be able to call you a harmless name?
    My main point of contention with you is that, off line we can have civil conversations about football. you then get on here and go against a lot of stuff you say offline.
    You need not take things personal. I know you think you know more about football than I do, hence all the I’m embarrassed for you comments I recieve from you.
    Your goal is to piss me off, so when you do, why do you act suprised?
    I don’t think you are a know nothing, I just don’t like the fact that you think it’s funny to try and push my buttons.
    It wasn’t an attack, idiot and moron are harmless words. Maybe it’s time sports isn’t a subject you and I discuss anymore?

69. jeff,
    I dont think anyone on here would talk in person the same way they do on here. That is because of annomynoty (sic) You and I do not have that. I rarely direct anything at you. its usually at Beer or Majik. But you jump right in. As I have stated before I do not think I know more then anyone. It is a admission. I cannot say it any clearer. In life, the NFL, anything….i do not think I am better then anyone else. To do so would be foolish. i dont know how else I can put it. your interpretation of posts or actions are rightfully yours. If thats what you think of me fine. thats your interpretation. Its not going to change anything. i do not care what most others interpretations of me are.

70. Fair enough, you come across to me on here as trying to say things that you know may incite me.
    If i interpreted it wrong, I apologize.
    Weird, i never usually fly off the handle like that.
    🙂
    Still think you are wrong on the main focus of the FA thing…time will tell.

71. Supersuckers says: December 16, 2009 3:09 PM
    ___________________
    Actions speak louder than words, Super. You may say you are a know nothing, and you might even believe it (doubtful). But you act like you know everything. You may not realize how pompously you come off, but everyone else sees it. You make your argument and stick to it, which is fine. But when proven wrong or given an opinion that makes more sense than your own, that’s when you fall back to the know nothing bit instead of rationally debating, and that’s why it comes off as condescending and insincere.

72. Majik says,
    “But when proven wrong or given an opinion that makes more sense than your own, that’s when you fall back to the know nothing bit ”
    Yes you guys have figured it out. Its used to win a unwinnable debate. I apologize Majik for the frustration it has caused you and will stop using that term.

73. This is the pompous, condescending behavior I was referring to. Also, good job on avoiding the real subject at hand here, but I really would like to hear your defense of Ted’s upcoming dilemma, and how you and Adam were terribly wrong about Minny’s free agent situation.

74. Majik Man says:
    December 16, 2009 2:32 PM
    The link didn’t post for some reason, I’ll try it again.
    ——————————-
    Yeah, that’s a much better list. It hasn’t been updated since 9/11/09, and contains the same three guys you and douchebag McGee were bitching about. Good try.

75. jeff says:
    December 16, 2009 2:54 PM
    Adam:
    ——————————
    No, sorry. Not partially wrong. Completely wrong. I copied your statement VERBATIM. Now you’re changing your argument. But that’s what I’d expect out of you.

76. Majik Man says:
    December 16, 2009 4:38 PM
    …you and Adam were terribly wrong about Minny’s free agent situation.
    —————————–
    How was I terribly wrong about anything? I showed (again) what an idiot chicken is. I even predicted he’d change his argument, and then sure enough he did.
    The only thing this whole offshoot has proven is that chicken consistently makes stupid comments and then backtracks on them.
    Regarding your link, go ahead and compile the numbers. The format is stupid as hell and I’m not going to download that data and crunch it. I’ll be the first to admit that the site I posted is out of date. However, yours openly says it hasn’t been updated in 3 months.

77. Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: December 16, 2009 5:21 PM
    ________________
    Hey moron, of course all of their names are on the list, it’s the whole team. You have to look at the free agency year to determine the free agents. As for downloading and crunching data, are you serious? There’s nothing to download, and the number crunching consists of being able to count to 8. Are you saying that you aren’t able to count to 8? Is that too difficult a task for you?
    Granted, the link i posted is 3 months old, but how old is yours genius? Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila was on your list, and he was let go in November of 2008, so your list is well over a year old. So whose list do you think is more accurate? If anything, the older the list, the better suited it is to support your feeble point, because as they resign guys, they come off the list. You’re such an idiot.
    You asked how you were terribly wrong, so you had this coming. You said 15 free agents, there are 8. Then you prove that you are either too stupid or just too lazy to do simple counting, citing it as too much data to download and crunch. I know I’m kind of going on about this, but I just can’t get over how ignorant that was of you. What a tool.

78. Majik Man says:
    December 16, 2009 6:17 PM
    Adam-Chris Scheftersen says: December 16, 2009 5:21 PM
    ________________
    —-
    Majik,
    You call people morons and tools and I am the insecure condescending individual?

79. Super:
    This is a name calling site.
    Some of us get carried away;)
    It’s ok for me to call others an asshat and give out awards for it….only if i don’t call you that or any other names? 🙂

80. Super
    First, I usually try to refrain, but he 100% had that coming. He said counting to 8 was too much data to process. I call ’em like I see ’em, and Adam is definitely deserving of every thing I said to him. Doesn’t make me insecure, just honest.
    Second, yes you are insecure and condescending. Your know nothing routine, coupled with your mock apology verify this.
    Third, I see you’re still dodging the subject here, and refusing to acknowledge that Thompson messed up, and so did you and Adam trying to accuse the Vikings brass of being as foolish as Ted. I suppose you’re going to chalk it up to being a know nothing, but what excuse does Thompson have?

81. Also, Super High and Mighty,
    I’ve seen you call people on here idiot multiple times, so I hardly think you are one to come down on others for name calling.

82. Exactly jeff. Calling someone and idiot is what it is, whether you call them a football idiot, a computer idiot, or just an idiot. You did take away Super’s defense, though, what is he going to use now? And why won’t he address the issue at hand, Ted’s blunder?

83. There’s a shocker Super. You had no trouble chiming in when it appeared the facts supported you. But once again, when proven wrong, you curl into the fetal position and play the know nothing card.
    Speaking of being proven wrong, where is Adam?

84. Majik Man says:
    December 17, 2009 10:14 AM
    Super
    ——————————-
    No, idiot. I was referring to all of the teams, not just the queens. With the link I originally posted, I could easily cut and paste it into Excel and set up a formula to tell me how many FAs each team had. With your link I’d need to go to each team’s page, cut and paste into Excel sort by date and count.
    That’s why I said it was too much data to process.

85. Majik Man says:
    December 17, 2009 12:21 PM
    Speaking of being proven wrong, where is Adam?
    ——————————
    My link was bad. Yes, I’ll admit that.
    Now go ahead and compile all the league’s free agents from your site and figure out how many teams have 11 or more free agents in 2010 so we can determine how wrong Fagnar was.
    No, that would be too difficult.

86. And for the record, I have a vacation day today. So I’m spending more time doing other things and less time babysitting you retards.

87. When Adam is proven wrong, he moves on to other threads.
    Super isn’t going to debate you on this because he deems it an unwinnable debate by either side.
    Which, to some degree it is. if he signs a majority of the FA’s, then we can be seen as wrong. If he doesn’t ,well ,Super and Shitterson can be.
    My point was, how do you let that many front line players all come up for contract in the same year?
    Adam, per usual, will focus on , not the gist of the argument, but how your argument is worded, and attack from there.
    I lost my temper yesterday and in the heat of battle took it out on Super.
    Super, I do think you try to push my buttons on here, but, I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did.
    I think you’re wrong on this take, but I guess we will see. That’s the beauty of sports, we both have an opinion, who is right? Who knows?
    Majik, it’s fun to watch you post. I love that you give it to Shitterson.
    But, truth be told, if there wasn’t a Shitterson, I wouldn’t have as much fun on here. Even with Super pushing my buttons,( he and I are good freinds and I don’t want that to change) it wouldn’t be as much fun as if we agreed all the time.
    We aren’t ever going to change each others minds. I just love the debating and 1upsmanship of this site.
    I don’t expect you and Super to ever get along, but I think that you ” need” each other. It’s nice to have a sparring partner and it’s fun to read the volleys back and forth. That’s why I like pervyharvin too, he really takes it to people.

88. Shitterson:
    Why can’t you focus on the freaking point?
    THat is too difficult?
    Look at the quality of the FA, not the quantity.
    I’m thinking that it;s beyond you.
    You seemed like a smart guy, you should get the gist of what i was driving at, but, per usual you want to focus on the wording and not the intent.
    You still haven’t answered how you let 10 frontline players come due for contract at the same time.
    You are trying to drive the debate away from that point because you don’t have a good answer.
    That isn’t suprising, it’s expected.

89. Adam
    I have no interest in proving jeff wrong, just you. Which I did. You said Minny had 15 free agents, I proved they had 8. And the whole point of this argument was that Green Bay will have a lot of starters unsigned after this season, which I also proved.
    And how lazy are you that you have to cut and paste all of the info into excel? It was kind of a joke before, but can you seriously not count? Is it really that difficult of a task?
    All you seem to be worried about is clinging to some sliver of hope of proving jeff wrong on a rather mundane detail of the big picture. And in the process, you’re proving yourself to be wrong,over and over. Just give it up, with every post you just look increasingly ignorant.

90. jeff
    You raise a good point, Thompson may sign them all, but it seems very unlikely. The financial costs would be too great, unless he backloads all of the contracts, which would set them up for cap hell later on. I don’t think Ted would do this because even though he’s a bad manager and poor judge of talent, he seems to be a pretty good accountant.
    On the other hand, Ted has to know he needs to win now, or be shown the door. He managed to save his ass this year, due in large part to a soft schedule. But a deep playoff run by Favre and the Vikes, coupled with another losing season next year would be just about the end for Ted, so it’s hard to say what he will do. But either way, he has dug himself a deep hole, even if Super would never admit it.

91. Majik Man says:
    December 17, 2009 1:35 PM
    Adam
    —————————
    Let’s see if I can get this through your thick skull. I’M NOT TALKING ABOUT ONE OR TWO TEAMS. I’M TALKING ABOUT 32 TEAMS.
    In a few minutes I compiled all of the free agents from the site I provided. In a few more minutes I had the exact number for each team.
    How long would it take to gather all of that information from the site you provided? That’s what I’m talking about.
    Chickenshit said any GM with 11 free agents coming due at the same time is a moron. So I gathered the information for all 32 teams. Yes, the information I found was wrong. I accept that. But the site you found does not make it conducive to gathering all the information and putting it together.
    OK? Got it, nimrod?

92. jeff says:
    December 17, 2009 1:25 PM
    —————————–
    You’re going to have to explain to me which of those players are “frontline players”. And you’ll have to explain what “frontline players” means. It’s clearly not “starters” or you’d say “starters”. So again, I’m going to assume that you’re making a mountain out of a molehill–as usual.
    Here’s the players going into free agency in 2010. Please tell me which 10 are “frontline players”. There’s some starters and some key players in there, but let’s not forget Ted had 17 free agents a few seasons ago. This is not the unchartered territory you’re making it out to be.
    Tory Humphrey
    Chad Clifton
    Daryn Colledge
    Jason Spitz
    Ryan Pickett
    Alfred Malone
    Johnny Jolly
    Aaron Kampman
    Tramon Williams
    Will Blackmon
    Nick Collins
    Atari Bigby
    And just for the record, you are changing your tune. Originally it was “moronic” for him to have this many players hitting free agency. Now you’ve completely backtracked off of that and you’re focusing on the “quality” of the free agents.
    Hell, three of these guys are offensive linemen. All season you’ve been saying they suck hard. Now are you calling them “frontline players” and making them out to be indispensible to the team? Weak argument, even by your standards.

93. And what’s the Packers’ current cap situation? Aren’t they one of the teams with the most money available? You guys are pathetic trying to make them out to be in “salary cap hell”.

94. It’s like arguing with a 2 year old.
    Most of those guys are starters. I told you before, even if they dont sign them, you lose quality depth.
    I didn’t list every single FA. I listed the important ones.
    Starters, or in Jolly and Williams case, near starters.
    My point is, how do you let that many “important” players come up at the same time?
    Not changing my tune at all, but you focus and hammer on that all you want, it lets you think you are “winning”.
    Pack is at 15 million under the cap. That won’t matter for 2 reasons.
    There may be no cap next year and TT doesn’t go whole hog spending money.
    This argument is foolish for even you, becausee you know all / most of them won’t be resigned.
    By the way, you missed Kuhn and tauscher.
    Even if the OL sucks, you want to lose 4/5 of the starting line up?
    If they sign Tramon to big money, does harris get cut?
    If you don’t sign Pickett and Jolly misses 4 games- or more, then what?
    Both starting safties, now what?
    There is no excuse for this many guys coming due at once, none.
    All your blathering about my “backtracking doesn’t change that.
    You are going to lose depth: Fact
    You can’t afford to resign all the FA’s: Fact
    TT doesn’t like to spend a lot of money : Fact
    You are a shitmailer: Fact
    You are wrong, AGAIN!: fact

95. OK nimrod (really?), it’s great that you were talking about all 32 teams, but everyone else in the conversation was talking about 2. Get that through your thick skull. So if you are the one who wants to compile these numbers, do the leg work instead of blatantly using incorrect info because you’re too lazy. No one else really cares about the other 30 teams’ free agents. You brought that up to defend your savior Ted.
    And of that list of players you just compiled, you do realize 8 or 9 (Williams) of those guys are starters, right? Blackmon, although hurt, is another key player, and don’t forget Tauscher will also be a free agent. The Packers may have cap room this year, but when they have to sign 10 starting players to new contracts, that cap room will dry up fast. And don’t forget Driver wants his, plus gotta pay the new rookies. And of those 10, a lot of them are playing at a very cheap price (Collins, Williams, Jolly, Colledge). They’re going to want to get paid now that they’re established. Not a good situation for Ted and the boys.