Nate Burleson could miss the rest of the season

Nate Burleson’s best season as a Seahawk isn’t ending well.

Seattle’s leading receiver revealed Tuesday on KJR (950 AM) that he suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday’s loss to the Texans.  Burleson in a walking boot and it’s unclear if he’ll be able to return this season.

A high ankle sprain can keep a player out anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on the severity.

Acquired in 2006 as a restricted free agent when Vikings/Seahawks poison pills were all the rage, Burleson has mostly been a disappointment.  He missed nearly all of 2008 with a torn ACL and combined for only 886 receiving yards in 2006-2007.

Burleson was on pace to top 1,000 yards this season for the first time since he broke on the scene as Randy Moss’ sidekick in Minnesota.  He’s due $3.25 million next season, but the salary is voidable.

Perhaps the time off will allow Burleson to work on his rap skills.  (Skip to 4:20 of the video.)

Permalink 11 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Injuries, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Top Stories
11 Responses to “Nate Burleson could miss the rest of the season”
  1. Bob Nelson says: Dec 15, 2009 5:35 PM

Burleson joined the Seahawks after their run to the SuperBowl certainly thinking his chances of winning a World Championship were better anywhere but Minnesota.
    Burleson was a good signing by the Seahawks and I doubt they balk at 3.25 million next season.

2. Adept says: Dec 15, 2009 5:50 PM

Burleson was and is a good receiver. For a solid #2, he’s worth the money. On the other hand he sure is having trouble staying healthy.

3. Adept says: Dec 15, 2009 5:58 PM

Oh, and normally Bob I simply ignore you because you are a troll. But I’ll bite here… You claim “Since the Seahawks joined the NFL in 1976 they have been to the Supebowl more often than the vikings. ”
    I’m not sure what they teach for math in the land of meth but where I’m from 1 = 1. (Vikings went to the Superbowl in the Seahawks’ first year in the league…)

4. uknowit says: Dec 15, 2009 6:23 PM

this guy is a huge disapointment

5. GoBears84 says: Dec 15, 2009 7:23 PM

i thought the bars were alright, had descent punchlines, for a wr, he’s alright.

6. southernboi727 says: Dec 15, 2009 7:44 PM

The raps were more decent that I thought it was gonna be. What else does he rap about?

7. The Real Shuxion says: Dec 15, 2009 8:09 PM

We need Eskinsux to bring back his PFT rap.
    Greatest post in PFT history.
    Second is my post as shuxion when I turned a Detroit player talking about defense into an anal sex joke.

8. hollywoodeggers says: Dec 15, 2009 8:18 PM

i’d take him over roy williams…

9. brasho says: Dec 15, 2009 11:14 PM

Wow, that was a long day… he got to work at 0730 and went home at 100… how does he do it? Those 5.5 hour days are killers!!!!

10. Route36West says: Dec 16, 2009 12:12 AM

Man their equipment room is so sick. Its like a modells, sports autority, champs, and footlocker all rolled into one. I love how they have it set up like a store. It dont get any better then that.

11. Route36West says: Dec 16, 2009 12:17 AM

Well I wouldnt expect you to know but thats not that bad for a freestyle. Im not saying give the man I deal but dont hate. He did alot better then most athletes do when they try to rap.