Earnest Graham thinks 30 percent of all NFL players are using HGH

In the wake of the Dr. Andrew Galea criminal investigation, which has spawned a flurry of “he apparently gives HGH to patients and he treated Tiger Woods so maybe he gave Tiger Woods HGH even there’s no evidence that Tiger Woods used HGH but wow wouldn’t it be something if Tiger Woods used HGH?” reports, the subject of HGH use in the NFL has moved back toward the middle-rear burner.

Three years ago, Redskins offensive tackle Jon Jansen estimated that 15-20 percent of all players use HGH.  But then, once his words caused people at the league office to produce bricks from an orifice that typically doesn’t produce bricks, Jansen backed off.

Now, Bucs fullback Earnest Graham has seen Jansen’s 15-20 percent, and Graham has raised it.  To 30 percent.

In an interview with WQYK-AM in Tampa (via JoeBucsFan.com), Graham pegged the current level of HGH usage at nearly one in three.

“They don’t have a [drug] test for [HGH],” Graham said.  “It wouldn’t shock me if a ton . . . I’d say a lot of NFL players are doing it.  I would
say, I’ve heard a lot of people, even in Hollywood the average person
is [using] HGH.  It’s supposed to be this great thing.  Especially in a
sport like football.

“You know, I would assume that a lot of guys have
access to it and are using it.  I would assume so.  I wouldn’t doubt it,
man, with what’s at stake.  Especially in this game, not having
guaranteed contracts you know with so much riding on your performance,
a game that tears your body down like that, I would assume that a lot
of people are making that decision to use HGH.  Especially if there’s
not a test for it.  Because at some point you feel like you’re not
cheating, you’re not doing anything wrong.  I would say definitely.  I
would not be shocked. . . .

“Any sport, guys come across injuries and need to get back fast and come
back stronger than they were before.  I wouldn’t be shocked.  I don’t
know that I’d really make a big deal about it if I heard it.  It’s kind
of understood for me at this point. . . .

“I don’t think a guy would think it’s cheating.  No.  I mean they know it
[is cheating].  But I don’t think it registers. . . .  I would say 30 percent
[are using HGH].”

We’re not surprised.  Without a test for HGH, many guys will have no qualms about using it.  And plenty of players easily can rationalize using HGH by explaining that they weren’t using it to enhance their performance, but to recover from an injury so that they can get back on the field.

Still, it’s a banned substance and it’s wrong to use it.  Unfortunately, doing the right thing doesn’t always pay the mortgage on a house that has been built by the promise of a decade of football money.

Permalink 73 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Top Stories
73 Responses to “Earnest Graham thinks 30 percent of all NFL players are using HGH”
  1. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Dec 16, 2009 1:54 PM

30%? That sounds a little high. Does the Vikings’ roster make-up 30% of the league?

2. whodey5 says: Dec 16, 2009 1:57 PM

I would be shocked if it’s 30%. Considering there’s not a test out there that can detect it, I would say that’s 69% too low of an estimate.

3. stiller43 says: Dec 16, 2009 2:00 PM

“We’re not surprised. Without a test for HGH, many guys will have no qualms about using it. And plenty of players easily can rationalize using HGH by explaining that they weren’t using it to enhance their performance, but to recover from an injury so that they can get back on the field.”
    You’re not surprised? Not surprised at what? Somebody’s estimation of something? Until you get some hard numbers of people that are doing it, no one really knows anything, and you don’t have anything to be surprised or not to be surprised about.

4. TheVillain112 says: Dec 16, 2009 2:01 PM

I’d like to hear Rodney Harrison’s opinion on this topic on Sunday Night Football.
    Juicer.

5. Colossus7 says: Dec 16, 2009 2:01 PM

Isn’t HGH the most expensive drug to test for? Also, where do we draw the line on whats best for the athlete? If repairing their knee is a priority why not allow them to use it? Mark Cuban might have had a point on that topic, sigh…

6. Citizen Strange says: Dec 16, 2009 2:01 PM

I’d say 98% to 100%.

7. The Wishbone says: Dec 16, 2009 2:02 PM

He’s still about 70 percent off.
    HGH is a miracle drug and it can’t be tested for. 100 percent of them should be on it.

8. silverreign says: Dec 16, 2009 2:04 PM

it’s unfortunate that it’s a bad thing to use something proven to be so good for you. everyone i know that has used it, feels great, sleeps better, and is just generally in better health.

9. lukestrass says: Dec 16, 2009 2:04 PM

I would use it to if they didn’t test for it….whats stopping someone….who doesn’t want to improve their game and make more money with minimal side effects
    they should just legalize it if they aren’t going to test for it….stupid

10. dmackerman says: Dec 16, 2009 2:04 PM

That would be entertaining.

11. bearsrule says: Dec 16, 2009 2:05 PM

I’m shockedf !!!………That it’s as low as 30 percent. Bet it’s a lot higher.

12. topcide says: Dec 16, 2009 2:05 PM

Favre is freebasing it.

13. zmcdonald says: Dec 16, 2009 2:06 PM

Paging Rodney Harrison

14. dmackerman says: Dec 16, 2009 2:10 PM

WARNING: DO NOT Use Creatine

15. chapnasty says: Dec 16, 2009 2:11 PM

Where can I get HGH?

16. Hap says: Dec 16, 2009 2:12 PM

It makes you bigger, Big Boy. You using it ?
    If it’s undetectable, then EG may be low on his estimate. Look at the playazs in their twilight that are having miraculous yrs.

17. birdmancometh says: Dec 16, 2009 2:13 PM

Yep, right on guys, we need to hear from Rodney Harrison…since he has taken the “i’m in the media now and I speak the truth no matter who it pisses off” mindset.

18. nasheagles says: Dec 16, 2009 2:13 PM

Every lineman is on something….

19. ICDogg says: Dec 16, 2009 2:15 PM

All the HGH will do is make you heal faster so you can work out more with less rest between workouts. So, it does nothing but make them fat if they don’t put in extra workout time.
    So unless they are willing to do that, no point to the HGH. Therefore (to answer some of the previous comments) not even close to 100% would want to do this.
    30% sounds a bit high, but not that much.

20. Howie Handles says: Dec 16, 2009 2:15 PM

The users are always ahead of the testing processes. Look at the Olympics, MLB, and hell, don’t professional bodybuilding and wrestling supposedly test for PEDs?
    I have no doubt that 30% is way too low. Personally, I could care less if they use them or not, they’re their bodies, but lets come out in the open about it.
    Its not like if I took HGH, I’d be playing in the NFL. I would just a 41 year old dude on HGH getting his ass kicked on national TV.

21. Cubano says: Dec 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Friggin RAT!

22. Bob Loblaw says: Dec 16, 2009 2:17 PM

Do they test for surgeries? That’s a performance enhancing procedure.
    How dare these athletes get a competitive advantage by having a medical specialist come in a physically repair damaged ligaments, cartlidges, and bones in order for the players to get back onto the field faster than letting the body naturally heal itsself.

23. mattitude says: Dec 16, 2009 2:22 PM

“everyone i know that has used it, feels great, sleeps better, and is just generally in better health.”
    So you’re saying HGH has the same effect as Nyquil?

24. GiantsDefenseRules says: Dec 16, 2009 2:23 PM

When you are hurt, you don’t perform as well – so taking HGH to recover from an injury would be performance enhancing…right?

25. Worst Poster Ever says: Dec 16, 2009 2:24 PM

From what I’ve read, the problem with testing for HGH is that the tests aren’t 100% accurate. If the tests are only 99% positive and there are 1800 players tested — 18 players are going to come back as false positives.
    Since false positives would be unacceptable in this case, they won’t test for it.

26. 1dayforBills says: Dec 16, 2009 2:26 PM

“I think sports should just legalize steroid usage. Everyone should take steroids and HGH, that way we can get a field full of Brandon Jacobs’ who run 3.1 40′s…maybe someone will even get killed from a tackle.
    That would be entertaining.”
    Carson Palmer has the same sentiments about these guys getting too big and fast, he thinks someone is going to die in this game…
    PFT article: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/08/carson-palmer-predicts-a-fatality/

27. sweenytodd says: Dec 16, 2009 2:33 PM

There is a blood test for HGH, but the NFL, MLB and NBA don’t want to test people, for obvious reasons. As usual, they all make a mockery of detecting drug use. None of the major sports want to go down that route, looked what happened to the Tour de France when they started testing, it decimated the competition for years. Other than athletics and cycling, you’ll find that drug testing would conflict with TV money, so the last thing sports wants is good drug testing where athletes might be found positive.

28. JSpicoli says: Dec 16, 2009 2:33 PM

Duh?
    More like

29. cbrianwatkins says: Dec 16, 2009 2:34 PM

again, i have to ask, how many of you couch-coaching, kitchen cleaning GM’s have used HGH?
    it seems from the posts here not many have
    HGH is not something you can shoot up on a Sunday afternoon so you can feel better on Monday
    HGH is not something you can just shoot up and expect to work without working out/eating well etc
    Our bodies are like a science experiment, each body reacts differently, so not everyone will get the exact same effects from HGH
    and lastly, Favre’s chin/forehead/and nose seem to be the exact same size as they were 5 yrs ago, even 10 yrs ago, typically (not all the time) but typically these areas of the body will enlarge when using HGH correctly

30. prefont says: Dec 16, 2009 2:43 PM

Dude Favre is totally juicing.
    Doesn’t anyone find is the least bit suspicious that he refused to go to training camp and instead chose to work out with a high school team?
    He knew he wouldn’t get tested until he signed with the Vikes.

31. DayAllOnJuice says: Dec 16, 2009 2:43 PM

Let’s see.
    Players coming from underprivileged backgrounds.
    Huge amounts of money to be made.
    Untestable drug that helps them make millions…..
    HMMMMMMMMMM

32. The Hormel Row of Fame says: Dec 16, 2009 2:43 PM

Can someone send some HGH to Love_Boat_Scandal? He needs to grow up some.
    I would have to agree with Worst Poster Ever. False positives would give anyone & everyone a free pass to appeal. And then the cycle starts over…

33. tdprog1 says: Dec 16, 2009 2:43 PM

More like paging James Harrison!

34. AnnoyingKnowItAll says: Dec 16, 2009 2:47 PM

“But then, once his words caused people at the league office to produce bricks from an orifice that typically doesn’t produce bricks…”
    The funniest line i have read in weeks…

35. Big Stretch says: Dec 16, 2009 2:48 PM

I think it should be mandatory that all players including kickers and head coaches use HGH. I want to see 7 foot tall 400lb lineman running 4.8 40′s. How about a RB thats 6’2″ 275lb running like Chris Johnson on meth? I’d pay to see it, or better yet draft him first in my fantasy league. Why not? the NFL should embrace HGH after all football in the end is about entertainment and product sales. The integrity of the game has been in slow decline since ever since the BUD-Bowl. It’s a joke to think otherwise. If you dont believe that all the NFL cares about is money then look to the NFL package with Direct TV and only direct TV. I have been told that comcast now offers the redzone channel, but I hear it’s a second rate version of the DTV one. Or how about the NFL selling itself ( forcing ) into london for regular season, and soon to be superbowl games.
    If someone is going to say that the NFL wants HGH banned because of risks to player’s health, I say look how the NFL treats the men whose backs this multi-billion dollar industry was built on.
    The NFL is a joke when it comes to this stuff, players get 4 game suspensions for taking adderol yet HGH is undetectable. Players are punished for having “masking agents” present in their urine. These are easy to punish and fine players, and in return it makes the NFL look like they are leading the way in fight against preformance enhancing drugs. Further more if HGH can be and is legally prescribed to an athlete by a doctor then Goodell and Co. should step back, after all if the NFL doesnt embrace the LEGAL use of HGH by it’s players, then they will have to suffer a huge backlash when the truth finally comes out. Think of the fan backlash MLB went through once the truth about baseball came out.

36. chapnasty says: Dec 16, 2009 2:50 PM

@ cbriandawkins
    since you know so much about it… where can i get it!!!!????!!!!

37. myasylum says: Dec 16, 2009 2:50 PM

Yea, you have to still work out a lot to get the full benefits from HGH. Farve is not known to be a guy to “work out” he never has. The guy is basically a freak of nature, that’s all. I know everyone likes to kick a guy when he gets to big for his bridges, but people should wait for any evidence before they start to point fingers.

38. topcide says: Dec 16, 2009 2:55 PM

cbrianwatkins says:
    December 16, 2009 2:34 PM
    it seems from the posts here not many have
    Favre started using it in the off season this year. Otherwise give me a legit explination of how a 40 year old can suddenly gun the ball with the same force he did 10 years ago. He DID NOT have that same zip the last 4-5 seasons, then suddenly he can lazer 60 ropes all over the field like a kid at the combine? hmmmmm

39. leatherneck says: Dec 16, 2009 2:56 PM

Other football players played a long time with a lot of effectiveness before there was HGH. Warren Moon, George Blanda, Joe Montana, Bruce Matthews, Jackie Slater, and Jim Marshall.
    When you look at that list, you realize for a few guys, a really long, productive NFL career is possible. Thus, Brett Favre playing very well in several games this year at age 40 does not suggest he or any other player is using HGH.
    This HGH issue is a big one. It’s kind of a natural substance, but on the other hand, it’s performance-enhancing. There is no test for this.

40. mattitude says: Dec 16, 2009 3:02 PM

cbrianwatkins says:
    December 16, 2009 2:34 PM
    it seems from the posts here not many have
    ————————————————
    Yeah, because I have to actually experience something before I can be even remotely aware of its effects on my body. I used to think that a gunshot wound would hurt, but since I’ve never been shot, it could very well tickle.

41. pats suck, blow and cheat* says: Dec 16, 2009 3:02 PM

It’s 100% on the Cheatriots – they get it directly from HGHarrison.

42. Midway Monster says: Dec 16, 2009 3:09 PM

Every time someone mentions HGH Shawne Merriman’s forehead gets a little bigger…

43. VonClausewitz says: Dec 16, 2009 3:14 PM

I think it’s absurd that HGH is a banned substance. It’s reputed (and I don’t even know if there are any studies to back this up) to help with healing. Well aren’t healthy athletes what you want to see in a game?
    In a game as violent as football where many players are injured in some way or another for the entire length of their careers should they not get access to the technologies which would help them heal? There are serious long term consequences to the lingering injuries that football players play through – and I’m not even talking head injuries here. And yet the league is putting extra effort in ensuring that players are safe from the long term effects of concussion yet they don’t care whether those players will be able to walk when they’re 45? How is this a consistent policy?
    HGH is a good thing. It’s in the players interests to use them. And if the league were truly concerned about the players interests they’d allow it to be used but under an umbrella of their control to ensure it isn’t abused. Not this free for all and hypocritical stance that they have now.

44. RexRyan'sStressedLapband says: Dec 16, 2009 3:15 PM

—————————————————
    Is this what the hell happened to John “Look at the Size of My Head Since I Retired” Elway?
    His face and nose and head BLEW UP. He used to be ugly, but now I don’t think there is even a word to describe him.
    Maybe he was using HGH injected directly into his forehead.

45. cbrianwatkins says: Dec 16, 2009 3:17 PM

@topcide
    were you injecting favre in the off season this year? (thats some nice slander there hoss)
    he didnt have as much zip on the ball last year, but the years prior he had just as much zip as any year before (that bicep injury may have played a role last year, but you should know best since you know of his offseason work outs, i’m assuming you know his injury status as well)
    is kurt warner on HGH as well? How about Culepper?
    or ricky williams and thomas jones? they are both on the “decline” being over 30yrs of age and should not be having seasons like they are
    again, (and i dont know how many times i need to explain this)………HGH is NOT like vicodin, this is not something that can be used for everyday wear and tear, this is something used for injuries, post surgery etc etc

46. afritex says: Dec 16, 2009 3:18 PM

damn RAT!

47. cbrianwatkins says: Dec 16, 2009 3:23 PM

mattitude says:
    December 16, 2009 3:02 PM
    cbrianwatkins says:
    December 16, 2009 2:34 PM
    it seems from the posts here not many have
    ————————————————
    ————————————————
    love keyboard warriors…..lol
    ok brainchild, as i mentioned earlier, these drugs effect everyone differently, for example, while i was in the Marines, i did a cycle of d-bol, as did my room mate, i balooned up and gained 25lbs over 6 weeks, my room mate, 6lbs in 6 weeks, same drugs, same pills, same batches
    fast forward to last year, my friend who plays for a D2 college rips his ACL, takes some HGH and is back on the field in 3 weeks, my cousin ripped his ACL, i got him the HGH from the same batch, took him 4 months to get off the crutches
    my point is, it works differently for everyone
    not only that, but the majority of the brain children here (as documented by the posts) think this stuff works overnight like vicodin or percs, it doesnt, you need to be taking it for quite a while to get the effects of it

48. TheBetterFaulk(33) says: Dec 16, 2009 3:29 PM

Sounds like he’s saying this to make it seem like he doesn’t do em’…

49. Big G says: Dec 16, 2009 3:29 PM

Maybe they should allow people to sue reporters for just making up stuff about them. You are a rat only out for your own personal gain. Where is your intergity as a writer? You go about it in a round about way, but you just tied it really neatly to Tiger. This is about football players, yet you tied it to the biggest star in sports with that little rat way of yours. I hope one day you write something about one of these guys & they punch your lights out. Why not be a real reporter & get the real facts, instead of being a rat fink.

50. cbrianwatkins says: Dec 16, 2009 3:32 PM

VonClausewitz says:
    December 16, 2009 3:14 PM
    ————————————————–
    i agree with this to an extent
    once testing is concise and accurate, they should allow any player who is getting a surgerical procedure to also be prescribed HGH
    i do not think every player should just be on HGH for the hell of it

51. DocBG says: Dec 16, 2009 3:38 PM

# nasheagles says: December 16, 2009 2:13 PM
    Every lineman is on something….
    ——————————————————
    Thats not really a fair thing to say. Some folks are just bigger than others. I played football for a number of years (not anywhere near an NFL level) and am 6’7″ and played at a weight around 300lbs, hell, even in highschool i was close to that. Never touched any sort of “enhancer” in my life outside of burritos and redbull. HGH doesn’t neccesarily make a person bigger sizewise, it just lets the muscles get larger. it might add a bit to physical size, but if that was the case, linemen wouldn’t be in the 6’4″ – 6’8″ range, they’d be anywhere from 6’9″ – 7’6″ and 375lbs would be on the light side…
    if the NFL can’t test for it, they shouldn’t be bitching about its usage. as far as the morality of it goes, what is more moral? taking a drug and competing against other people that are also taking the drug, supporting your family very well and ensuring the financial well being of your children, or choosing not to take the drug and toiling away at some job 12 mos out of the year, never seeing your family, and probably never getting to a point of financial security before you are 50, if ever? Most folks would go ahead and take the HGH quitely, and bust their ass on the field.

52. cbrianwatkins says: Dec 16, 2009 3:40 PM

Big G says:
    December 16, 2009 3:29 PM
    ————————————————
    Latest News & Rumors hoss, you seem to be forgetting that, well at least the Rumors part

53. topcide says: Dec 16, 2009 3:44 PM

@topcide
    is kurt warner on HGH as well? How about Culepper?
    I am well aware fo how hgh works, well aware. As you said, bect sued post surgery to revover from injury. Like a torn bicep perhaps?
    Yeah culpepper is looking just awesome for the lions, and thomas jones platooned with ced bed back when he was with da bears, and warner just seems to be making better decisions now.
    What I’m looking at is physical perfomrance, not football perfromance. If favre was still getting picked off 200 times a game while throwing the balls with the arm of a 19 year old I would say the same thing.
    For you to say that favre hass the same mustard on his balls 5 years ago as he does this season is absurd, do you watch football?

54. bluestree says: Dec 16, 2009 3:47 PM

Come on, let’s get real. Everybody knows Farve is “cheezing”. Chris Collinsworth doing the Cardinals game, “Isn’t it AMAZING that a 40 year old can come out and have the best season of his career!” He said it twice with the same kind of inflection. Stevie Wonder called and said “Ray Charles is dead and he still saw that!” And Kurt Warner is NOT the same quarterback he was in 2000, though he’s still good but his release is not as quick and he’s not as strong. He has to put two hands on the ball now to keep hold of it. HGH is used to heal after surgery now, is it? Like on your arm? I’ve said it before; Farve-Congress-Denials-Humiliation. Book it.

55. IWanttoPunchFloriointheFace says: Dec 16, 2009 3:51 PM

No evidence that Eldick used HGH? How about going from a scrawny little 80-pound runt to 200-pound muscle head in about two years….yeah, he works out a lot my ass.

56. flamingo says: Dec 16, 2009 3:52 PM

i had a herniated cervical disk (c6) with horrible radiculopathy, a fancy word for screaming pain down my left side. i had a noticeable 10% loss of muscle tissue after 45 days because of serious signal loss to muscle.
    I took HGH for a 5 week cycle and did decompression therapy, totally avoided cervical fusion surgery (so nowadays, i have no metal in my neck). I am 43, and the stuff made me feel like i was 30 again. i even lost some belly fat even though i was not working out during this time.
    i would applaud anyone who used it specifically for injury rehab. it’s smart. period.

57. 69ers says: Dec 16, 2009 4:15 PM

Way to burn bridges Earnest P. Graham..why would you say this stuff publicly? What a moron..

58. Carl Gerbschmidt says: Dec 16, 2009 4:15 PM

Were can I get some of this HGH? Don’t tell me that these players are ordering it off the internet.

59. tleg81 says: Dec 16, 2009 4:24 PM

for those of you who think that HGH is simply used for healing purposes, you need to get a book out and read a little before you post ignorant comments.
    It certainly can speed the healing process, but it also has an effect on muscle enhancement, which can be considered a Performance Enhancer.
    It is kind of a wonder-drug. HGH is produced in the pituitary gland at a high rate when you are younger…once you reach 27, 28 or 29 (depending on the person) your body produces less of it, which is a big reason why our bodies deteriorate as we get older. If you are giving your body more HGH as you get older, it kind of slows the aging process, thus making it easier to maintain younger stronger more durable muscles, joints, brain function etc…
    So using it properly will enable you to get stronger than you normally would be without it.
    Do your research before you post. That said, I too think it is retarded not to test for it, and say it is a banned substance.
    And before you spelling bee people start heckling me, I know I suck as spelling so save it

60. brasho says: Dec 16, 2009 4:27 PM

HGH used in smaller does is very beneficial. it is made to help the elderly regenerate connective tissue. I’ve seen where reputable doctors recommend all men over 35 to start using it. I would use it at the lowest dosage if I could legally obtain it.
    Sylvester Stallone thinks it is the wonder-drug against aging and he is pretty much right… what’s not right is how he clearly abused it and will likely suffer the effects not long from now.
    Long-term side-effects include such nasty things as greatly enlarged internal organs, skull growth that creates a huge gap betwen the front teeth, and more cosmetic and health problems.
    Like I said, I would do HGH at the lowest recommmended dosages… and I can’t really blame any NFLer that does the same.
    Don’t kid yourselves, couch potatoes, most of Hollywood is on HGH and Winstrol….there’s no drug testing in Hollywood, if there was, nearly every action-adventure actor that has taken off his shirt in the last 10 years would have failed their test.

61. Lex Luger says: Dec 16, 2009 4:29 PM

I would say 30-40 percent is actually pretty accurate,although 60-65 would not shock me.
    Any more than that would be shocking.
    If a freak like Terrell Owens can exist without steroids or HGH, then others can too. Thats how i justify it.
    Also, tiger woods was born half black/ half south east asian.
    He was for the most part a scrawny, up until oh, 5 years ago, he started getting bigger.
    I said about a year ago that he looked like he on on hgh. HGH causes you to bulk up over a long time in a naturual looking way to the untrainted eye.
    To the trained eye, things like
    -lack of wrinkles around the eye,
    -glowing skin,
    -increased amount of hair on top of your head,
    -shit tigers got like 18 inch guns now(biceps)
    Tiger is guilty of using HGH guys, accept it

62. Lex Luger says: Dec 16, 2009 4:29 PM

Any more than that would be shocking.
    Also, tiger woods was born half black/ half south east asian.
    To the trained eye, things like
    -lack of wrinkles around the eye,
    -glowing skin,
    -increased amount of hair on top of your head,
    -shit tigers got like 18 inch guns now(biceps)
    Tiger is guilty of using HGH guys, accept it

63. cgower says: Dec 16, 2009 4:31 PM

HGH increases muscle mass, strength and stamina. Injuries heal faster. It is also reported to improve eyesight, mood and mental acuity.
    If HGH is undetectible (or at least not tested for), NFL players would be crazy NOT to take it.

64. mattitude says: Dec 16, 2009 4:33 PM

cbrianwatkins says:
    love keyboard warriors…..lol
    ————————————————
    Uhh…did my words offend you? Please enlighten me as to how I am a “keyboard warrior.” You either misinterpreted something I said, or you are in desperate need of a thesaurus.
    Second, I didn’t ask for your life story or personal experiences concerning HGH or other substances. I merely responded to the absurd sentiment that you made, suggesting that a person cannot understand something unless they try it.
    Third, only a moron would advocate the widespread use of any kind of substance or supplement without fully knowing the long term side effects. Even with the limited research that has been performed in the short time HGH has been a topic of discussion, it has been documented that it can cause anything from joint pain and fluid retention to high blood pressure and abnormal bone growth. Thank God people like you never entered the medical field.

65. Lex Luger says: Dec 16, 2009 4:37 PM

HGH is the stuff you produce when you are asleep. But your body can only sleep for 6-8 hours a day, and you only produce it when in REM sleep.
    HGH is what gives you energy, hgh improves brain funciton,
    hgh is basic building block of ALL cell multiplication.
    Unlike steroids is does not cause cells to expand, only multiply.
    So, imagine being able to basically, avoid most sleep, AND still get the benefits 24 hours of sleep every day. Shit why not get 72 hours of sleep a day like im sure some people do.
    You want to see how powerful HGH is, look at Sly Stallone.
    Its better than steroids, peroid.

66. chapnasty says: Dec 16, 2009 4:56 PM

@ mattitude
    I think I need some HGH for my hand muscles to keep up with responding to your nonsense half the time on this website HA!

67. mattitude says: Dec 16, 2009 5:33 PM

@chapnasty
    That was absolutely hilarious! I can barely contain my laughter. Do you have some kind of newsletter I could subscribe to so that I could have your witty one-liners delivered to my home? You’re a stand-up comedian, right? Either that, or you have to be a staff writer of a late night show. There is no way the entertainment industry could let that untapped talent you have go unnoticed. You’re probably the life of every party you go to, in fact, do you think I could hang out with you for the Cowboys-New Orleans game? I bet that would be so much fun. Dallas will undoubtedly win that game. My prediction of the final score: 44-puppy. The Saints won’t even be able to score any points logically against the vaunted Dallas defense, so the NFL will adjust their score to read “puppy,” because it’s less embarrassing than 0.

68. Burritto says: Dec 16, 2009 5:36 PM

I don’t doubt for a minute that it’s way more than 30%. I don’t think that anyone knows the exact number, but I’m sure the majority of players are on it.
    Also, wouldn’t testing for HGH be a convenient and wise way to slightly cut down on the number of concussions? Sure, it wouldn’t solve the problem entirely or anything, but taking a little bit of power out of some of these players might lessen the impact they create on some collisions.

69. Sasquash says: Dec 16, 2009 5:49 PM

Every person who has taken this stuff loves it. I saw a show on it a few years ago. All thses 50 plus people were taking it and all said they felt younger. My question is how can I get some? and how much does it cost? My back, knees and ankle all hurt and if I can turn back time and feel better then I will. I don’t care if it makes me die sooner if the quality of life before I die is better. Plus I heard it makes your man member bigger

70. Patsfan1776 says: Dec 16, 2009 6:18 PM

I believe that the a positive drug test is actually 3 times the amount of a normal person so if you can stay at 2x, you don’t get in trouble. This is exactly what the doctor for some Panthers players was doing a few years ago. He was keeping the doses low enough and none of them tested positive. I think he was busted for writing the prescriptions though. I bet it is higher than 30%.

71. antipft says: Dec 16, 2009 8:26 PM

There was a post earlier about being thankful that some didn’t enter the medical field.
    To the contrary, if the posters had received training and education in chemistry, physics, pyschology, mathamatics, statistics, and expiremental techniques (required for med field) this topic (and many others) would simply not be discussed. (or if so, the discussion would be very different)

72. Route36West says: Dec 17, 2009 12:39 AM

I could see it. It deffently would explain all the torn and strained ligaments in the NFL.
    HGH is worse for you then steriods is because HGH can make every part of your body grow not just your muscles. It can make your heart grow or the ventricales around it which can lead to serious problems. Every organ in your body can grow out of size if you use HGH and they dont shrink back to size like your muscles do after steroids. It also can make your ligaments grow when the parts around arent growing as quickly which can cause all the tears and sprains that you see in the NFL.
    Thats why alot of people are so afraid of HGH b/c you never know what its going to do to you. Steriods you pretty much know whats going to happen. Even tho after you stop using HGH you keep all your muscle gains and it is a stronger muscle builder then steriods its also can cause all the same problems of steriods plus alot more that steriods cant cause.

73. madkaw says: Dec 17, 2009 6:44 AM

It eveidently is not helping the bucs, they are the worse team in nfl history