Homicide detectives investigate Henry accident scene

An already dire situation involving Bengals receiver Chris Henry, who reportedly is on life support after falling out of a pickup truck on Wednesday, has an even more ominous feel, now that a report has emerged that homicide detectives have launched an investigation regarding the incident.

The term homicide implies that a loss of life was involved.  In this case, it’s easy to interpret the development as a belief by the authorities that Chris Henry isn’t likely to make it.

Regardless of how the situation turns out, it’s a tragedy that comes only nine days before Christmas, and it will dramatically impact the lives of his three small children.  Taco Bill found this link to the hard copy of an October 2009 newspaper article regarding Henry, including a picture of Henry with his three-year old daughter, Seini, his two-year-old son, Chris Jr., and his 10-month-old DeMarcus.

We know that Henry made his share of mistakes, both with the Bengals and at West Virginia University.  But he had matured before our eyes over the past year, and his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives.

So please pray tonight for Chris — and also pray for his three children.

Permalink 93 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Cincinnati Bengals, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
93 Responses to “Homicide detectives investigate Henry accident scene”
  1. Deb says: Dec 16, 2009 11:24 PM

Mike, the press release issued by the police several hours ago listed a homicide detective as the investigating officer at the scene. Perhaps Chris’s condition hasn’t worsened though it still sounds dire. Prayers go out to him and his family, especially the little ones.

2. red13 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:26 PM

I’ll be praying for Chris, but don’t homicide detectives investigate attempted homicides also? I don’t think the inference that because they’re investigating means he’s going to die is a valid one. They’re detectives and not doctors for a reason. I’m just sayin’.

3. Bruski says: Dec 16, 2009 11:27 PM

Chris, you can make it. WE BELIEVE IN YOU.

4. Bri715 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:29 PM

His progress was obviously short circuited by yet another bad choice when he chose to jump in the back of a moving pickup truck.

5. pfii63 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:29 PM

Well put, Mike.

6. gopherb24 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:30 PM

I’m not trying to negate the fact that Chris may be in bad shape, but the fact that a homicide detective is investigating the scene doesn’t necessarily imply that he may not make it. I think it actually shows that there’s a possibility that there was some kind of intent in this situation–an attempted homicide. I wouldn’t be surprised if, whether Chris makes it or not, there are some charges that come out of this.
    Hang in there, Chris.

7. Igottz5onit says: Dec 16, 2009 11:30 PM

That’s F’d. wipe it away.

8. whatev says: Dec 16, 2009 11:32 PM

This is a terrible story and so sad for all involved. All the best to Chris and his family. My 2 thoughts when I saw the picture linked in the article were that 1) those sweet children, I hope Chris makes it for them, and 2) he must have been soo pissed when the nfl changed their logo.
    But in all seriousness, lots of prayers for Chris and his family, I truly hope he pulls through.

9. ladybucs&steelersnut says: Dec 16, 2009 11:33 PM

I placed a post on your last story about Henry, but it wasn’t posted. I’ll try again.
    I also said this is a man who really did turn it around. FOX sports has been airing 1/2 hour interview shows about different players this year, one of those programs was about Chris Henry. In that program, you could see how he finally got it, you could see how he was turning everything around in his personal life, you could see how he was doing it on the field. Then a couple weeks later he got hurt & put on IR.
    Now he and all of his family need our prayers and support. He has a better chance of surviving because he is young and an athelete, and because he is at an awesome medical facility. That’s what he gets from me….heartfelt prayers, and support.

10. dzimm08 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:35 PM

Thanks florio for this article. It was well put and focuses on whats important right now. Not the arrests or the suspensions, but the fact that a young man’s life is at stake.

11. Favre On HGH says: Dec 16, 2009 11:39 PM

“Henry’s mother and the rest of his family arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina Wednesday night.”
    Imagine he is probably being kept on life support until everyone gets a chance to make peace or say goodbye.
    Thrown from a moving pickup truck with a lift kit and he suffered a severe head injury. The family and close friends know this, but they just tell people it doesn’t look good until they come to grips with what is going on. Tough situation for anyone to be in.
    Seen similar incidents too often to feel bad for Chris. Feel sorry for his family and kids though, none of his kids are old enough to remember their dad.

12. pilot08 says: Dec 16, 2009 11:39 PM

very sad, I hope he comes around.. its pretty cool how they live in wyoming in the off-season.
    Prayers for him, this really sucks.

13. WashingtonRedOookies says: Dec 16, 2009 11:39 PM

I hope he is OK.
    I really hope you don’t approve any comments that say anything else.

14. mike says: Dec 16, 2009 11:40 PM

WOW!!

15. Bens Attorney says: Dec 16, 2009 11:42 PM

Thanks for the update, Mike and that is the truest thing I think I have read from you , people need to pray for his family and children,
    That is the saddest thing of all this them 3 beautiful children may not have a father.
    He did have his issues, but he had turned his life around.
    Him and his family will be in my prayers.
    Tragic

16. Evpimp says: Dec 16, 2009 11:42 PM

Im praying for you Chris!!!

17. Poo Flinging Monkey says: Dec 16, 2009 11:43 PM

Well said, Florio.
    Not matter what Henry did in the past, he has three kids who hope their Dad comes home. I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

18. FOOSBALL says: Dec 16, 2009 11:45 PM

Amen

19. vbedford says: Dec 16, 2009 11:46 PM

Man…

20. Malblack says: Dec 16, 2009 11:47 PM

Please, do us all a favor and disable the comments section for this one…

21. Eric Kidd says: Dec 16, 2009 11:47 PM

Such a tragic event. I think we will all keep Chris Henry in our thoughts and prayers tonight.

22. Starvin Marvin says: Dec 16, 2009 11:48 PM

Thank you for stating so eloquently what many Bengal fans are feeling tonight.

23. AllDayAP says: Dec 16, 2009 11:54 PM

Lets go CHRIS!!!!

24. Favre On HGH says: Dec 16, 2009 11:58 PM

Before the start of the season, he got a tattoo that said “Blessed” below his left ear, a reminder that he’s gotten plenty of extra chances.
    “I don’t live the way I did in the past,” Henry said, in an interview with The Associated Press during training camp. “I kind of plan my days out and take it one day at a time and stay away from the wrong people. I’m not partying anymore. I’m just focused on football right now and my family. I don’t associate with the same people. I’ve completely changed everything.”

25. Prophet says: Dec 17, 2009 12:00 AM

Really tough on the kids, even though they really won’t remember much at all of their dad they will miss him more than one can imagine.

26. LeeB says: Dec 17, 2009 12:03 AM

OMG, is GF the mom of those kids???? Homicide implies loss of life but also foul play. For her sake I hope they rule out foul play. And if they do, I’m already reading she is at risk if she returns to Cinci.
    I hope a sane family member gets the kids’ trust fund established ASAP. I bet he had no will. The young living forever thing.
    If he turned his life around, it was not for this world, but for the world beyond. Too much sorrow.

27. Skeety says: Dec 17, 2009 12:05 AM

nah

28. MahSoonerz says: Dec 17, 2009 12:09 AM

I’m putting this in my FF column to be published tomorrow. I am specifically talking about PFT commenters here:
    You can read about this everywhere, but one aspect of the story caught my interest. In the comments sections of various news accounts, there’s a stark difference between general news sites and sports sites. You see all manner of hateful inhuman yahoo remarks among the general internet populace. But on the sports sites, people are overwhelmingly concerned and supportive.
    Football fans are far more likely it seems to focus on his story of redemption after turning his life around this season, and to be genuinely caring for a person whom they have most likely never met. So I want to thank you all for being football fans.
    This experience is reinforcing my longstanding belief that sports brings out the best values in all of us. As another fantasy football season draws to a close, I am so very grateful for all of the excellent and upstanding friends who are in my life now because of it.
    So as a man who with three young children and was planning his wedding clings to life in a Charlotte hospital bed, make sure you tell the people in your life that you love them. They may already know, but it means everything to both of you for you to come out and say it. You never know what can happen from one day to the next, so make sure all your words of parting are words of love.

29. xskippzx says: Dec 17, 2009 12:10 AM

“We know that Henry made his share of mistakes, both with the Bengals and at West Virginia University. But he had matured before our eyes over the past year, and his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives. ”
    That is all. God bless.

30. Rita says: Dec 17, 2009 12:12 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with Chris and the Henry family ..I pray it isnt true ,he had so much talent on the football field and was trying to change his life around, so lets pray for him ……..

31. dallasfan61 says: Dec 17, 2009 12:12 AM

Sad to hear this, it really seemed that he was on the right track. Regardless, we need keep his young children in mind and hope that he recovers fully for their sake and his as well.

32. piccolo says: Dec 17, 2009 12:13 AM

Hang in there Chris. Chicago is praying for you.

33. NzYme says: Dec 17, 2009 12:13 AM

Anytime children are involved when something like this comes along it always turns my stomach. I hope he comes through!

34. GiorgioMustica says: Dec 17, 2009 12:13 AM

Now that’s a sad pic and all, and he doesn’t deserve to die….However, this guy was a menace to society….I can’t feel too bad for him personally, given how many gifts he’s had….I feel very bad for his kids who don’t deserve any of this. But to feel bad for him personally rather then feel bad for the millions of children dying in the world from hunger and poverty, I just can’t do that….Condolences to his family, but it’s not like this guy was a model citizen

35. Shotzie says: Dec 17, 2009 12:15 AM

I know rumors have spread like crazy on the internet so far on this and reading all the other articles/posts/news reports etc… and being around law enforcement a lot of my life and knowing “some” of the ways things go down. Looking at the pics from the accident and seeing it taped off as a crime scene and also reading that there were CSI there today after accident really leads me to two conclusions of this incident. Let me say this is only speculation on my part and only with some limited knowledge of the way things are handled in these matters but of course like anything else there can be different circumstances.
    They get called for two reasons:
    1. Being that there was a fatality that occurred in the accident.
    Or
    2. There was no fatality but they are handling it like there was a fatality due to the slim chances of survival of one of the individuals involved.
    I would just like to say no matter what it may be and if either of those are the case or hopefully I’m completely wrong I’d like to send my sympathy and best wishes to not only Chris Henry but his family and friends during this time.

36. pdxbolt4life says: Dec 17, 2009 12:16 AM

Best wishes and prayers to the Henry family…especially to the little children involved in this tragedy. No child should have to grow up missing a parent. Football defintely becomes a secondary priority when life and death issues are at stake.

37. this class sucks says: Dec 17, 2009 12:21 AM

Okay Florio, I am all for the message and I know this is a private enterprise you have here but lets keep the god crap to a minimum. Nothing on this site has driven me away but that would instantly make me leave if this gets out of hand.

38. piccolo says: Dec 17, 2009 12:22 AM

I just checked out the picture in the link above … I don’t care who you are … that just breaks your heart.
    We all bitch about our teams and snip about others. This is not the time.
    This is true; a man 20 feet away from our group at work had a heart attack and died last Thursday. The slight of hand comments at that time remind me about the words above by Mike. By no means do I criticize what Mike is reporting but I read into it as things will not turn out well as is did not last week. I hope we’re wrong and Chris will be able to be around to care for his family. For him to be playing Football is the last thing anyone should consider. Just get well.

39. Sheriff04 says: Dec 17, 2009 12:23 AM

In everyone’s life, we all make mistakes. Some make plenty, some make few. Some make big mistakes, some make small mistakes. The mistakes can change your life, or someone else’s. It can hurt you or someone else. It can do basically anything. And we are all guilty of mistakes in some way.
    The thing about mistakes is they are there to learn from. To change what you do next in the future, so you don’t keep making the same mistake, even if not at first. It sometimes can take a long time to realize what you’ve done to someone, to something, or even yourself. But often, you realize at some point, and hopefully make an attempt to change, to keep it from happening again. People often seek change to be a better person, and to stop hurting themself or people around them, whether the one’s they love or never knew.
    We make mistakes, but we also change. And sometimes we are no longer the person we were. We aren’t the same person that screwed up. Sometimes it takes tragedy to realize, and hopefully, just hopefully it’s not too late to act.
    Henry, he wasn’t one of those people. With multiple mistakes in the past, it never looked like he would learn, ever. Not until something like this would happen. But the thing about Henry was, he was one of those people, who did learn. He learned from his mistakes, realized what he was doing, and was attempting to change and be a better man, a better father, and a better man to his fiancee. He realized what things matter most to him, what things he cared about, and realized that the mistakes he was doing, hurt the things he cared for.
    It didn’t take for him for him hit rock bottom to finally realize what he was doing. He figured it out before he got there. And I am, as many others are so proud he was able to do that. Money, fame, often put people in the position that they don’t belong. They often become people they truly aren’t, eventually realizing this after they’ve screwed up, either once, twice or over and over. People grow up around the wrong types of people, get into the things they shouldn’t be. But the good people do realize it, and often can be the real person inside them. I am just absolutely proud of this man, because he is another one, who realized he had a great life he could live, and fixed up the things that were holding him back.
    Unfortunately, he is in serious condition, where it is not certain if he will survive. I pray that he will be given another chance. He’s had plenty, and whether this was caused by another screw up, good people should never have to give up their life. I don’t think he was truly a bad person. And I can only hope that if he can manage to make it through, you will see the incredible man that lays inside.
    Chris Henry, fight, give it everything you got. We don’t want to see you go. We are here for you, every step of the way. Your kids need you the most, fight to the end, and don’t give up.

40. phillydreams25 says: Dec 17, 2009 12:48 AM

man i hope he survives, he really is a good dude

41. darrius_heyward-bey-butterfingers says: Dec 17, 2009 12:49 AM

That’s really sad. I can’t believe he was in his right mind to jump in that truck bed. Goes to show that everyone is one mistake away, I guess.

42. kazkal says: Dec 17, 2009 1:06 AM

:( Don’t care if he ever plays another down in nfl :( Don’t want to see his kids grow up without a father…

43. mustbechris says: Dec 17, 2009 1:11 AM

this sucks. he was finally pulling his life together. i hope he pulls through. i really feel for his kids right now.

44. hardtolikedabears says: Dec 17, 2009 1:16 AM

PFT has done a great job in covering this tragedy. Very classy in my opinion.
    God Bless the Henry family. As a football fan and as a CNA in Nursing school, this story really tugs at the heart strings.

45. JP says: Dec 17, 2009 1:20 AM

Class act, Florio, class act.
    Stay strong Slim.

46. ttommytom says: Dec 17, 2009 1:24 AM

Box next to Homicide is called “attempted” …does not mean the person dies. Homicide detectives also investigate situations, as protocol, when the person is “likely”. As in likely to die. Not good here.
    I’ve been rooting for this guy to turn his life around because I love the NFL and good stories. Hopefully this young man beats the odds one more time.
    I’m sure in the coming days the headlines will state that the domestic situation meant strike 3 for him and thus he jumped into the bed of the truck. Does not matter. 3 kids pay the price…as does a young man who tried to turn the corner…

47. Adam says: Dec 17, 2009 1:36 AM

This is horrible. I know the Bengals organization will be there for him and his fam regardless of whether he pulls through. But, this is just terrible. It’s a damn shame to lose such a young talent.

48. CUJO says: Dec 17, 2009 1:37 AM

Speechless.
    May God protect this family.

49. El Colon says: Dec 17, 2009 1:39 AM

how can you say he matured in the past year if the events that lead up to this were spousal abuse and hoping the back of a pickup as it sped off?

50. Omnipotent_1 says: Dec 17, 2009 1:41 AM

When they didn’t transfer him to Duke Medical Center (one of the world’s best for brain surgery) a 100 miles away, I knew the situation was grave. My prayers to chris and his family.

51. Beauregard says: Dec 17, 2009 1:42 AM

That is a nice post Mike. Thanks.
    Everyone should keep the Henry family in their thought and prayers.

52. Vinny_Ceratto says: Dec 17, 2009 1:46 AM

feels like sean taylor all over again. really hope chris henry pulls through.

53. danielcp0303 says: Dec 17, 2009 1:50 AM

“He matured before our eyes”
    This is total bs. That’s why he was having a “dispute” with his fiance and fell out of a moving vehicle. Come on, anybody who lives in Ohio knows this dude still hasn’t changed.

54. jas7n says: Dec 17, 2009 1:55 AM

Amen.

55. The Wishbone says: Dec 17, 2009 2:13 AM

I’m not trying to be heartless, but you write “his progress should be an inspiration to anyone who hopes to break a cycle of bad choices in their own lives.”
    Didn’t you write earlier that he FELL OUT OF THE BACK OF A PICKUP TRUCK after a DOMESTIC INCIDENT?
    “Inspiration” how?

56. JaggedMark says: Dec 17, 2009 2:15 AM

Last 5 lines nicely said Mr. Florio
    I totally agree. Prayers with Chris

57. JSpicoli says: Dec 17, 2009 2:18 AM

Whether or not Henry “made mistakes in the past” is irrelevent. It is great he was making changes in his life, but no one deserves what he got.
    If she tried to throw him out of the bed of the pickup, she deserves attempted murder charges. Let’s hope it doesn’t come to a worse charge.

58. purple_helmet_juice says: Dec 17, 2009 2:47 AM

friggin’ muy tristo. that guy was just coming into his own….not too much on the fantasy stats but you could mosdef see his talents on Hard Knocks.
    prayers go out to you #15

59. papertiger says: Dec 17, 2009 3:00 AM

Oh, no…Raider Nation prays for you, Chris Henry.

60. DanSnyder says: Dec 17, 2009 3:12 AM

The problem with these guys when they mature they still have the people that haven’t around them. Sean Taylor had turned the corner as well and the best we can describe this as is something related to his fiancee. Someone he has had problems with in the past.

61. seaner44 says: Dec 17, 2009 3:27 AM

all the best Chris, our thoughts and prayers are with you, you have three beautiful children and i know they need someone like you in thier life. Children need someone to look up to and seeing how far you have come in the last few years you are someone they can use as a role model. I am praying for you and your family over the holidays. All the best Chris.

62. BonnieD says: Dec 17, 2009 4:22 AM

Thank you for your kind words about Chris Henry. We in the Bengal Nation continue to pray. Fight back, Chris.

63. Augustus says: Dec 17, 2009 4:53 AM

Hopefully he finds a way to pull through this.
    All of our prayers our with you.

64. ebr362 says: Dec 17, 2009 5:45 AM

Makes you stop and realize just how quickly everything can change. Lets hope this turns out to be a Christmas miracle.

65. Terry says: Dec 17, 2009 5:48 AM

“The term homicide implies that a loss of life was involved.”
    Mike you missed an important element in your term”HOMICIDE”.
    Homicide is a death CAUSED BY ANOTHER!!!!!

66. mike_311 says: Dec 17, 2009 6:31 AM

God Bless his family.

67. DonTerrelli says: Dec 17, 2009 6:35 AM

Horrible news. My prayers are with him

68. NoKoolaidCowboy says: Dec 17, 2009 6:37 AM

Not cool. Hope his family and especially his kids have all the support they need during what no doubt will be a very difficulty holiday for them.

69. 8man says: Dec 17, 2009 6:39 AM

Ugh. Brutally tragic.
    I guess the particulars of this case may eventually not matter. It won’t change the fact that three children may grow up without their biological father.

70. Terry says: Dec 17, 2009 6:42 AM

The term Homicide means “a death “CAUSED BY ANOTHER”

71. Derrick says: Dec 17, 2009 7:04 AM

unfortunately this is looking more and more like a tragic end to a very troubled player. My heart goes out to all his family and friends, especially his three kids that might grow up without their father in their lives and with Homicide detectives now involved in this case, might lose their mother too. A truly sad situation….

72. kosarsmyidol says: Dec 17, 2009 7:05 AM

We don’t know all the details of the situation. ‘Domestic situation’ doesn’t necessarily mean that he was the violent one, or that there was necessarily violence involved. We don’t know why he jumped in the truck. For all we know, he could’ve been worried that she was going to do something rash, like try to hurt herself.
    All of the people here jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst about a potentially dying man are just a bunch of cold mf-ers. I hope people show more sympathy to you and your family when you need it.

73. shawnc16 says: Dec 17, 2009 7:12 AM

El Colon says:
    December 17, 2009 1:39 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Where have you read spousal abuse?

74. Clevelander says: Dec 17, 2009 7:12 AM

Let’s wait for the truth before we get all sentimental about Chris Henry. After all, everyone felt bad for O.J. when they first heard that his ex got killed…

75. mborz says: Dec 17, 2009 7:18 AM

mike_311 said: “As a father of two little ones, I am not a afraid to die but I am deathly afraid of my kids not having a father.”
    I very much feel the same way.

76. Bender says: Dec 17, 2009 7:39 AM

Often Homicide Detectives are also general Major Crime Detectives, especially for circumstances where the department has to have everything beyond reproach. In this case, because of the celebrity factor, my guess is even if he was not in the state he was in they would be the ones investigating this.
    That said, it seems that they may just be keeping him alive for all to get time to say their goodbyes. Very sad, he certainly was turning it around and becoming one of the “good guys.”

77. Brian says: Dec 17, 2009 7:51 AM

To you idiots who say a domestic dispute says he isn’t changing…shut up! A domestic dispute can be an argument. Don’t throw the abuse out there until you know for sure.
    Anyways, this is a tragic turn of events for a guy who was putting family and friends first. I feel bad for all involved and hope he pulls through.

78. LeRoy36 says: Dec 17, 2009 8:07 AM

My prayers go out to the Henry family, especially those beautiful children who may go not only without a father, but also without a mother if the GF is charged.

79. csmith56 says: Dec 17, 2009 8:15 AM

Please hang in there Chris. Philly is pulling for you.

80. EricTheClown says: Dec 17, 2009 8:30 AM

I feel the same way, just never knew how to say it.

81. Teek says: Dec 17, 2009 8:35 AM

Maybe Fred Dryer (Hunter) could help out with the investigation.

82. lololnpnp says: Dec 17, 2009 8:42 AM

Hopefully he does pull through this not just for himself but mainly for the children.
    However, you mention he has turned things around and should be an inspiration. Yet when I first heard the report the term ‘domestic disturbance’ was used followed by him chasing the woman who was DRIVING A TRUCK AND JUMPED IN THE BACK OF IT!! Apparently your idea turning one’s life around and making smarter decisions differs from mine. Although in the context of this man’s life, this is far from the worst he’s done.

83. HamBurghlar says: Dec 17, 2009 8:44 AM

Steeler Nation is in on the prayers, hope all turns out well.
    /WVU fan too, that dude was awesome in college

84. TDs says: Dec 17, 2009 8:47 AM

God Bless Chris Henry and his family – grant them strength through this trying time.

85. tatum32 says: Dec 17, 2009 8:54 AM

“However, this guy was a menace to society….I can’t feel too bad for him personally, given how many gifts he’s had….I feel very bad for his kids who don’t deserve any of this..”
    Youre a complete, utter asshole. Nobody deserves that ending.
    not even a tool like you. Hope as many people mourn your self-righteous a$%.

86. Richm2256 says: Dec 17, 2009 9:01 AM

“none of his kids are old enough to remember their dad.”
    I realize the man is fighting for his life, but at the risk of sounding cold, this may be the best thing for those kids. Henry would not be leaving the best legacy behind for those kids.
    God only knows what possessed this man to jump into a moving vehicle or what happened after he did. I don’t wish anyone ill, but it’s hard to feel bad about someone who makes decisions like that.
    Curiously, homicide detectives have investigated this incident, which means they are looking at the possibility of intent on the part of Henry’s girlfriend, who has not been heard from publicly, nor do we have any indication she has talked with police. Yet this person who may have intentionally caused Henry’s injuries is reported to be “at his bedside”. Strange.

87. Sicknature says: Dec 17, 2009 9:08 AM

Who dey! Who Dey! Who Dey think gonna stop Chris Henry? Nooooobody!
    Horrible that he changed his life by focusing on his family, and that might be the thing that got him in the end. Hope not. Chris is one of the strongest persons I have ever met. So much willpower, so much determination, so much love.
    Hang on, Slim!

88. sim448 says: Dec 17, 2009 9:24 AM

keep fighting chris

89. mixman34 says: Dec 17, 2009 9:32 AM

God Bless dude, hang in there.

90. 1TruePatriot says: Dec 17, 2009 9:51 AM

this class sucks says:
    Florio, you go right on talking about God, sending prayers, whatever. FINE by me. “This God crap” is what this nation was built on. and I bet you dollars to donuts most of your readers are believers, too. Not like you stuff anything down anyones throats, nor do you make a habit of sharing your faith on this board. SOME of us actually like that you do. and think your message above is a beautiful one.
    Who among us has never responded badly in an argument with our loved ones? Certainly not me. Whatever happened here, this guy was on the path to redemption, and obviously loved his family. No one deserves to be scorned when they are lying in a hospital bed at deaths door.
    I would like to believe that football fans are just like me, they grow up at their fathers knees watching the game, they see the players kneel when a fellow player is seriously injured, and yeah, they sometimes even pray. I was 11 years old when Darryl Stingley went down, and I joined my father in prayer, and watched as the entire stadium prayed too. We are not animals, we are human beings. and of we cant find a teeny little bit of room in our hearts to care when another human being is suffering, when their kids are suffering, then shame on us.
    Patriot nation is praying, too, Chris.

91. slipkid says: Dec 17, 2009 9:54 AM

they probly didnt transfer him cause they figured he wouldnt make it there alive.

92. DuluthFan says: Dec 17, 2009 9:56 AM

You are in my prayers, Chris Henry.

93. 1TruePatriot says: Dec 17, 2009 9:57 AM

oh, by the way.
    “You can’t, as a human being, feel happy about something like that happening to another human being, maybe the natural reaction is to think he got what was coming to him, but I don’t accept human nature as our real nature. Human nature teaches us to hate. God teaches us to love.”
    Darryl Stingley said that about the raider player who hit him and paralyzed him. Similar sentiments appeared in Stingley’s 1983 autobiography, “Happy to Be Alive.” Tatum’s autobiography was titled “They Call Me Assassin.”