Johnny Jolly speaks on his new legal problems

On Tuesday, Packers defensive lineman Johnny Jolly was re-indicted on drug charges in Houston.

On Wednesday, he talked about the situation.

“Man I don’t worry about nothing,” Jolly said, per Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press Gazette.  “I’ve got God on my side.
I can’t trust the man, but as long as I’ve got God, I don’t have
nothing to worry about.”

He said he’s confident he’ll beat the re-filed rap, arising from allegations that he illegally possessed 200 or more grams of codeine in the form of cough syrup that was mixed with soda.

“I just found out last night,” Jolly said.  “I don’t know anything yet.  My lawyer’s taking
care of it right now.  I’m going to let him do his job, and I’m going to
do my job.”

The charges initially were dropped in July, a day before trial was scheduled to begin.

83 responses to “Johnny Jolly speaks on his new legal problems

1. Love_Boat_Scandal says:
    December 16, 2009 4:32 PM
    Innocent.
    =================================
    Asshat.
    Both Jolly and the poster above.

2. “I don’t worry about nothing”
    So he worries about everything? He should. Codeine induced hallucinogenic visions of God will not forgive him unfortunately… 😦

3. I don’t believe I want to live in a country where a man isn’t allowed to possess his own weight in codeine.

4. I dont worry about nothing!!!! I just took a bunch a pills that my boys gave me!!! I dont no nothing I just found out last night!! Im on gods team I do what I want!!
    Stupid Thugs on the Packers

5. hillarious. “i can’t trust the man”. hell, if he is guilty then he should get punished, if not then not. but i am glad to hear he is focused on his job, which this week is to stop mendenhall, and maybe sack big ben a time or two. who knows, he may get another interception this week!

6. ” I’ve got God on my side.”…….I’m sure when his attorneys tell that to the judge, all charges will be swiftly dropped and the outrage perpetrated upon Jolly will be corrected.

7. “Man I don’t worry about nothing,” Jolly said, per Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press Gazette. “I’ve got God on my side. I can’t trust the man, but as long as I’ve got God, I don’t have nothing to worry about.”
    Yeah.

8. Maybe Percy Harvin needs to see Jolly for some help with his headaches…just one purple drank maybe all it takes.

9. “Yeah.
    Keep drinking your laced Jesus Juice, and undoubtedly God will miracle your ass to safety from “the man.””
    I for one get tired of bible thumpers telling people how to live their lives but why question another person’s faith? That’s just as ignorant as the bible thumpers

10. Typical dumbass Packer. Come on, I hear all these rants about Vikings players being bad and this comes along? Seriously? You Packer fans need to take a long look in the mirror and realize that your organization has had its share of idiots as classless as their own fan base. Hell, you’ve got one on your hands right now…Ahman Green the wifebeater just passed a record a few weeks ago. Way to reward him guys…class act.

11. I don’t think he will get a conviction, at least not on the original charge. If the DA gets his comments submitted during trial, that calls for a guilty conviction on its own. Can you plea stupid in Texas?

12. Well if Jolly publically says he’s innocent, he belives in God, and this is just another racist conspiracy by the police, then he must be innocent.
    In fact, he was probably just doing his civic duty by giving a stranger a ride home from the pharmacy and stopped the car to warn him of the dangers on narcotics when he was arrested.

13. You know, I was previously defending the guy because I thought the charge was stupid.
    Even more stupid? Putting all the weight of everything on God, and saying that God will get you through it all and that God will “take care” of everything. That’s a cop-out, that’s not faith.
    The article did say that the codeine was in cough-syrup form, though. So basically we’re to believe this guy was transporting a bunch of bottles of Nyquil or equivalent at the time he was “busted”? So it is illegal to have a bunch of bottles of Nyquil? Either the information in the article is wrong, or this “offense” is even more ridiculous than what we thought before.

14. “Stupid Thugs on the Packers”
    I would like to see what Packer players you think are ‘thugs’.

15. Funny stuff…I love how these sh!t for brains dope fiends use god as a defense. I don’t worry bout nuffin man…God told me to gather up all that hooch man, I don’t worry bout nuffin, when I gets high I gets closer to God.
    Screw you Jolly, you insult anyone with an ounce of intelligence.

16. Evpimp says:
    December 16, 2009 4:47 PM
    Stupid Thugs on the Packers
    ——————————
    …said the self-righteous pimp.

17. I’m Confused. Profootballtalk reports he was caught with 200 or more grams. The Green Bay Press Gazette reported he was caught with 200-400 miligrams. There’s a huge difference.
    As for Jolly: Innocent until proven guilty.
    I wonder if these posters would like the same treatment if it were them on the line.

18. In MN when we harrass our Packer coworkers we often accuse them of “drinking the kool-aid” which is kind of a metaphor for how out of touch with reality they can be when it comes to football and how good their team is and more importantly how bad our team is in their minds.
    Maybe there is some more truth to the kool-aid accusation than I thought. I always thought we used the phrase just to be funny but maybe there is truth to it. We already know of one Cheesehead that was caught with apparently a good amount of what is essentially narcotic laced kool-aid.

19. Well, thanks to the 3 or 4 dumbass Packers fans on this site, I guess the rest of us fans have to suffer the retribution from all the Vikings fans since you guys poop all over their threads. Thanks guys.
    To Vikings fans: we can’t always chose our fans. We aren’t all like Bob Nelson, just like I’m sure you aren’t all like pervyharvin.
    When I first heard about this arrest way back, it sounded like a trumped up charge. But Jolly’s response certainly doesn’t make me believe he’s innocent. This will be a real stupid way to tarnish his career.

20. last starfighter says:
    December 16, 2009 5:10 PM
    “Yeah.
    ____________________________
    Does it matter if I question his faith? He has God, haven’t you heard?
    It’s fun to sit at the adult table for the first time, huh?

21. Fan_Of_ Four says:
    December 16, 2009 5:37 PM
    “Funny stuff…I love how these sh!t for brains dope fiends use god as a defense. I don’t worry bout nuffin man…God told me to gather up all that hooch man, I don’t worry bout nuffin, when I gets high I gets closer to God.
    Screw you Jolly, you insult anyone with an ounce of intelligence. ”
    i love how vikings fans come in here and try to twist things around, and pass judgement when their teams best players get caught cheating, and then get off with some good ‘ol home cooked jusite.
    every post by a viking fan in here is one of the dumbest things i have ever read. except for the guy who qued pervy.

22. @Packers4Life
    Thugs on the Packers
    1. Jolly
    2. Green
    3. Barnett
    4. Harris
    Wannabe thug Karen Rodgers
    I am sure there are a bunch I forgot!

23. Have a holly, JOLLY Christmas in case you didn’t hear, have a holly Jolly smokin’ dopin’ Christmas this year!

24. last starfighter says:
    December 16, 2009 5:10 PM
    “Yeah.
    ____________________________
    Does it matter if I question his faith? He has God, haven’t you heard?
    It’s fun to sit at the adult table for the first time, huh?
    ————————————–
    the deuchbaggery on this site is staggering

25. Let the system do its job…if he’s found guilty, cut his ass and move on. The NFL is so full of players (and some teams) that somehow think the rules don’t apply to them. The new CBA, if we ever see one, needs to include much stiffer personal conduct policies…until that happens, turds will get away with it. Playing in the NFL is a privelage, not a right.

26. ihaveanoutkast says:
    December 16, 2009 5:49 PM
    I hope a Minnesota court takes care of this so he doesn’t get any suspension time
    ——-
    you clearly have no idea how law works. Even your back handed attempt at the williams wall fails here. Jolly has straight up street drugs.

27. Osterhouse, the “Williams Wall” is getting off on a technicality (for now). Say what you want about what the league knew or didn’t know about Starcaps, the NFL has banned diuretics…they aren’t safe and that’s why they are banned. It’s really that simple. If MN didn’t have such messed up labor laws, there would be no defense. Jolly may be a thug, and if the system finds him guilty then the Packers should get rid of him. That said, the “Williams wall” needs to stop hiding behind a MN law that is being upheld by a biased judiciary.

28. “I don’t worry about nothing
    I can’t trust the man
    Read those to lines and talk to me about profiling
    Another perfect example of a garbage man who made it to the NFL

29. jeremiah says:
    ————————————————–
    You and that milktoast Packer ass kisser Osterhouse can both go play on a shooting range. Love how thugs like Jolly always drag God into their pathetic “Up in Syrup City Houston” problems. You guys couldn’t carry Pervy’s jock!

30. LITTLE BOBBY NELSON, where are you? We need some of your elitist, racist view points on something like this. perhaps a quality diatribe on how vikings merchendise is outselling packer merchandise 5:1, and how it means the packers are the most terrible team and organization this country has ever seen since the chicago cubs.
    c’mon man, don’t disapoint.

31. I love how players always have to bring God into the picture. Why would he side with you over someone else. God wouldn’t pick sides, so stop using him as an explanation or excuse. Your guilty you fat bastard, get over it.

32. He’s still innocent until proven guilty, so please leave the poor fat idiot alone. “The Man” is already out to get him, that’s bad enough. You guys don’t need to make it worse on the poor guy, haha..

33. FavreHasAVagina says:
    Have of you can’t spell, most of you can’t type and about 3 of you can read (obv. GB fans)
    ————————————————–
    LMAO Got to love it when one of the Packer flock of idiots hangs himself on a post! Have of you can’t spell?? Did you mean “half” of you ?? What a Rhinelander retard!

34. Sounds like Jack Mioff=Jack Pervy off. Go ahead and swallow that stuff too, aren’t there gay chat rooms you 2 can go talk in? I’ll give you credit though, that 3 some I had with your wives…..pretty shhhnice-hot little hookers, I see why you kept’em

35. “Screw you Jolly, you insult anyone with an ounce of intelligence. ”
    ________________________
    Well, it’s obvious he hasn’t insulted several of you then.

36. Ugh… can Packer fans and Viking fans seriously call a truce? I’m sick of a post about one team automatically degenerating into a flame war….

37. I can’t believe I’m going to type this, but I agree with Fire Ted’s first post. The problem is you don’t win with choir boys in the NFL. You roll the dice and every once in awhile it comes up craps.
    Fire Ted is off, as are most football fans, when it comes to the Williams Wall. MN doesn’t have messed up labor laws, they just have certain guidelines, that if followed, will still end up punishing drug users. Their laws guard against false positive tests, or punishment for using anything considered over the counter (or in other words legal) on a person off time. They also give someone the chance to explain the situation. It doesn’t mean they always except the explanation, it just means they get that chance.
    No one is hiding behind laws when those laws protect someone’s rights. We would all be in trouble without those laws. You’re being naive’ if you think the judicial system is being biased. I’m sure a long standing respected judge is going to risk his reputation & career by making a decision based on a couple of players missing a handful of games each. Besides, the ruling has been appealed and the higher courts have also agreed with the ruling.

38. “Thugs on the Packers
    1. Jolly
    2. Green
    3. Barnett
    4. Harris
    Wannabe thug Karen Rodgers”
    First off, only a 1st grader changes players’ names into girl’s names. Secondly, what the hell has Al Harris done?
    List of Viking players that have gotten into trouble
    Bryant McKinnie
    Fred Smoot
    Darrion Scott
    Koren Robinson
    Onterrio Smith
    Cedric Griffin
    and among others.

39. “perhaps a quality diatribe on how vikings merchendise is outselling packer merchandise 5:1”
    What does that prove??? Oh yeah. Nothing. The only reason why they are selling more merchandise is because all the Viking fans are finally coming out of hiding and buying Viking $hit now that they are doing well.
    No one cares if your crappy team sells more merchandise because everyone in the NFL knows that the Vikings have among the worst fanbases in the league, if that’s what you want to call them. They needed numerous extensions to sell out their playoff game until the Vikings got corporate help and no one even cared about them until they signed Lord Favre. It shows because before they signed Lord Favre, the Vikings still had 10,000 freakin’ tickets still available. Then when Lord Favre came, Viking fans came from under their rocks and finally did what the Viking organization hasn’t seen in a long time….people buying their tickets.
    So you can go brag about your stupid team selling more merchandise but like I said, the Viking ‘fanbase’ will always be among the worst in the league, no matter what you say. Even the Lions have a better fanbase because they at least still attend games unlike Viking ‘fans’.

40. Our criminals are more tolerable than yours are…Are not…Are too!…Are not!…..Are too!
    This stuff (above) is just tossing gas on the anti-Vikings and anti-Packers flames, and I for one am getting tired of it. It was fun for awhile, with the veteran posters, but going through it all again with newbys is tiresome.
    I’m just waiting for the playoffs with my fingers crossed, hoping the Packers can go deep enough to face the Vikings. The Packers played like crap the first two times and have gotten a lot better since. The Vikings have been good from the start and are pretty much the same now as they were then. It shouldn’t be similar this time (if it happens.). And here is an interesting footnote; if you look at all the Vikings wins and exclude the two games that they should have lost (SF and Balt,) the Packers have the two lowest point differentials (7, 12) amongst the remaining wins. I can find hope for the Packers when I need it, if I look hard enough.

41. So the organization did something to bring in more people to the games and you’re faulting them for that? Man, yeah, it SO dastardly when businesses make decisions that help their brand! How DARE Zygi and Childress do something to HELP this situation!
    It’s been said ad nauseam, but we’d sell out every game too if we had as little to do as Green Bay does.

42. packers4life says:
    List of Viking players that have gotten into trouble
    Bryant McKinnie
    Fred Smoot
    Darrion Scott
    Koren Robinson
    Onterrio Smith
    Cedric Griffin
    and among others.
    ______________

43. Also packers4life, it’s funny how you use ticket sales, and nothing else, in judging the quality of a fanbase, and totally discount the 5 to 1 merch. sales only because it discredits your ignorant arguments. We all know if the Pack was outselling the Vikes in merch., you would bring it up in every one of your posts, just like ticket sales. You’re such a hypocrite fool.

44. sand0 says:
    December 16, 2009 5:47 PM
    ————————–
    It’s a reference to Jim Jones, you dolt.

45. Fan_Of_ Four says:
    December 16, 2009 5:37 PM
    Screw you Jolly, you insult anyone with an ounce of intelligence.
    ——————————
    So you’re saying you weren’t insulted in the least. Good to know.

46. Evpimp says:
    December 16, 2009 6:01 PM
    @Packers4Life
    Thugs on the Packers
    1. Jolly
    2. Green
    3. Barnett
    4. Harris
    Wannabe thug Karen Rodgers
    I am sure there are a bunch I forgot!
    —————————–
    Please explain how Aaron Rodgers is a “wannabe thug”. I’m dying to hear this one.

47. @Ruvell:
    – Watch pro hockey live
    – Watch pro baseball live
    – Watch pro basketball live
    – Watch (GOOD!) NCAA college hockey live
    – Watch (GOOD!) NCAA college basketball live
    – Catch a local music act that’s part of a very good local music scene
    – See a Broadway show
    – Catch a Jazz performance
    – Go to an amusement park in the dead of winter
    – Play some darn good Frisbee golf
    – Pond hockey tournament
    The list goes on. I fully realize that WISCONSIN as a whole has all these things, but for a good deal of them you’d have to go way out of your way from Green Bay to enjoy them.

48. Bob Nelson, do you see the headline -NEW legal problems-? Green Bay can never get good character players. There was Farve with his drugs and vodka, Chamura going to post prom parties, Freeman’s drunk ass running into parked cars, was it Harris involved a few years back with that sexual assult in Miami? Gilbert Brown with his domestic assults, the list goes on and on…

49. cusoman, the question involved Minnesota and Wisconsin, not Minneapolis and Green Bay. Love how Minnesotans always act as if everyone in their state lives in the Twin Cities and everyone in Wisconsin lives in East Fencepost, pop. 138. I will admit that Minnesota has the NHL and Wisconsin doesn’t. That is a killer, but somehow we find the will to go on. See a Broadway show? Really? When did they move that? And is it really something you want to brag about on a pro football site? I have friends in Minnesota and think it is a pretty nice state, though not quite as nice as Wisconsin. It’s just Vikings and Viking fans (most of them) that get on my nerves.

50. @Cuso- It simply wouldn’t be possible for a city of 100,000 to sell out a 75,000 seat stadium every week. So you can’t compare Green Bay to Minneapolis/Saint Paul. The Pack butters their bread because people from Madison, Milwaukee, La Crosse, Eau Claire, Appleton, Oshkosh, Wausau, Janesville, etc actually buy tickets and drive 2 hours to…you know…go to the games.
    It’s not because there is nothing to do in Madison or Milwaukee or any of the other cities in Wisconsin. We just go to games. The Lambeau experience is awesome.
    The reality is, there is a lot to do in both states…but I have one bone to pick with you.
    “Watch (good) NCAA basketball live.”
    The Badgers have never finished worse than 4th in the Big Ten in the Bo Ryan era and have made the tourney every year in that span. Don’t make me start talking about Monson or Clem.

51. @TheBaySay
    The fact is, MN has more dense population around the one center than WI, so it is a completely relevant comparison. Yes, there are people from outside Green Bay that come to see the games there. Yes, there are people from outside the Twin Cities that come to see the games there. But overall, less people from outside the Twin Cities fill the stands of the Metrodome than people from outside Green Bay fill Lambeau.
    Viking fandom is less spread out, in theory.

52. @Cusoman- I don’t get your point. If it’s that there is a denser and larger population in the 5 county TC bubble than in Green Bay, you are right. That isn’t debatable.
    But Packer fandom is state-wide. I wouldn’t compare Madison or Milwaukee with Duluth and say there is nothing to do in Duluth because there are no jazz performance or art galleries there.
    I don’t see what you are getting at.

53. “Really, idiot, you’re bringing up former players? Are you sure you want to go down this route, Tony Mandarich? Everyone on EVpimp’s list were current players. You would be best suited to not drum up the past, with some of the Packers former cast. I’ll leave it at this, unless you press further.”
    Dude. Bryant McKinnie, Fred Smoot, Onterrio Smith, Koren Robinson and Cedric Griffin were all on the Vikings when they got arrested. Look it up.

54. “Also packers4life, it’s funny how you use ticket sales, and nothing else, in judging the quality of a fanbase, and totally discount the 5 to 1 merch. sales only because it discredits your ignorant arguments. We all know if the Pack was outselling the Vikes in merch., you would bring it up in every one of your posts, just like ticket sales. You’re such a hypocrite fool.”
    Here is a question to ask yourself. Outside of Minnesota, are there any Viking stores? Hmm? No didn’t think so. The Packers, on the other hand, have a freakin’ store in the Mall of America.
    The only reason Viking $hit is being bought more than Packers is because of Lord Favre. Once he retires, they will go straight back to the bottom of the charts where they belong.

55. To be honest, when I started researching, I’m not sure where I wanted to go with the point, but when I start something, I stick to it, lol… sorry about that diatribe, you’re right, it doesn’t matter a whole lot.
    As for the “why even bring up Broadway?” matter, I did so to show just how damn close minded sports fan can be sometimes. You asked what Minneapolis people can do in their area that Green Bay people can’t, and I gave you answers, regardless of your opinion on each of the subjects. If you didn’t want answers, why the hell would you ask the question in the first place?
    By the way, I drink Newcastle.

56. packers4life says:
    _____________
    Genius, when I said former players, I meant guys not on the team now. You had to push the envelope, didn’t you?
    Tony Mandarich
    Johnny Jolly
    Nick Barnett
    Koren Robinson
    Ahman Green
    Mark Chmura
    Paul Hornung
    James Lofton
    Eugene Robinson
    Andre Rison
    Ross Verba
    Sean Jones
    I could go on, but these are some of the major ones, seems like enough to make my point that every team has idiots.

57. packers4life says: December 17, 2009 5:50 PM
    _______________
    Wow, dude, keep clinging to that. You have a Packers store in the nation’s largest shopping mall, which happens to be a whole 5 miles away from Wisconsin. You’re such a fool, of course there is a Packer store in there. Because losers like you plan family trips to go explore the “Mall of America.”
    …………………….
    _______________
    Favre may have the number one selling jersey, but Peterson’s is #3. The Vikes sell a lot of merch., with or without Favre. And they don’t need Viking stores in other states to do it. Think about it, the “Packers store,” which you boast about being in Minn., even with that, Vikings merch outsells Packer merch 5 to 1.

58. @Schefterson- “95% of Minnesota is like 95% of Wisconsin.”
    That is dreadfully wrong, Adam. Sorry. Wisconsin is heavily wooded hill country or northern boreal forest, and you are never more than an hour away from an actual town. The rest (southern WI) is heavily populated throughout.
    Northeast Minnesota is boreal forest and southeast along the river is the same unglaciated stuff that’s on the WI side. Everything else is flat, barren prairie with almost 0 population. Horrible to look at and completely desolate.

59. @Cusoman- I guess arguing over how eclectic the nightlife of MN or WI is pretty stupid on both of our parts. I think we’ll call it even.
    @Majik- I heard Favre is thinking of retiring, unretiring, and coming back with the Cowboys. Better get your pro-Cowboy, anti-Viking/Packer/Jet facts ready. That’s gonna be a lot of work.

60. Ruvell
    No surprise to see you making more stuff up on here. It would seem fitting for Favre to go to the Cowboys, though, seeing as how both the Cowboys and the Packers won the Super Bowl in ’95, according to you.

61. Adam
    The 5 mile statement was an exaggeration to prove a point. I was fully aware it was more than 5 miles, the point I was trying to get across was that the mall is very close to Wisconsin, and it attracts many Wisconsinite tourists, so putting a store in it that caters to Wisconsin people makes sense. Way to take it incredibly literally, and totally miss the point, again.
    And I see you’ve taken the time to come on this thread to attempt to one up me, but you can’t make your way back to the Erin Henderson thread to take your medicine. You were incredibly wrong on there, yet try to worm out of that by being completely literal again.
    Here’s the link for everyone else, just so you can see the level of intelligence, or lack thereof, when dealing with Adam.

62. At least he doesn’r want to mail feces to a fellow poster………
    Someone who would want to do that…..they are the biggest loser.
    True story….Adam wants to mail me his shit, because I talk about shit in my posts.

63. “# DCViking says: December 16, 2009 5:02 PM
    Maybe Percy Harvin needs to see Jolly for some help with his headaches…just one purple drank maybe all it takes.”
    This was actually funny.

64. “Wow, dude, keep clinging to that. You have a Packers store in the nation’s largest shopping mall, which happens to be a whole 5 miles away from Wisconsin.”
    I think there is a Packer radio station in Minneapolis as well.

65. By the postings on this thread…. I would say several Wisconsin villiages are missing their idiots.
    They do need their king though.
    Where is mailmyshitterson today?
    He wears 2 crowns.
    King of the idiots.
    King of the Asshats.

66. packers4life says: December 18, 2009 1:16 PM
    I think there is a Packer radio station in Minneapolis as well.
    _______________
    Do you think so? There’s a radio station in Minneapolis that is 24/7 Packers? Are you retarded? There are a few Minnesota stations that air Packer games, just like Wisco has stations that air Vikes games.
    Seriously, what is wrong with you. Not everyone loves the Packers like you think they do. Not the fans, and definitely not the players. Green Bay was voted 3rd worst place to play by NFL players. Players would rather play in Detroit and Cleveland. How sad is that?

67. Ok so I am the hugest Vikings fan but all I have to say is give it a rest everyone. Yeah a Packer player is going to trial. Pretty much every team has or has been in this situation. Comparing fan bases is another idiotic move. I’m sure for every dumb Packer fan their is a dumb Vikings fan. The only thing being proved here is that that statement is true with all these idiotic posts.