Sunday Night Football Extra: Live Chat

Watch Sunday Night Football — Vikings at Panthers — in HD on your computer.
- Game Highlights
- Four live alt cameras
- Live chat with Mike Florio

Watch the action and ask your questions at SNF EXTRA

11:20pm ET – Good night Mike! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas, and we’ll see ya next week!
Thanks — everyone be safe this week and don’t overdo it on the egg nog. See you next Sunday for Cowboys-Redskins.

11:18pm ET – Do you think that the Vikings will draft Tebow?
Wouldn’t shock me. But Jags will get him first.

11:17pm ET – Favre pick, ball game, you can all go to bed now.
Yeah that was pathetic. Vikings are 2-3 outdoors this year.

11:13pm ET – Put a fork in the Vikes!
Another one-and-done coming for Coach Chilly. It’s a good thing they gave him a contract extension.

11:11pm ET – Who gets the NFC first round bye, Eagles or Vikings?
Vikings are trying to blow it.

11:10pm ET – Vikes don’t look too Super tonight, will they fold in the playoffs?
They are playing like they did in each of their four Super Bowl appearances — flat and uninspired.

11:09pm ET – Does John Fox save his job with a victory tonight?
I don’t think tonight will be a factor.

11:08pm ET – With the way VY has been playing will Collins look to start somewhere else?
UFL?

11:07pm ET – Is this Steve Smith’s best game this season?
He tore up the Vikings in 2005 — and he scored a touchdown against
them the first time he ever touched the ball in his career, Week One of
2001.

11:06pm ET – Two undefeated teams in the Super Bowl? Think it’s
possible for Indy and NO to both make it? If so who wins that matchup?

I guarantee you it won’t happen. And if you’d like to place a wager on it, that can be arranged.

11:02pm ET – Speaking of Tennessee, is Vince Young this year’s Comeback Player of the Year?
He’d be a good choice.

11:01pm ET – Any chance Cowher to Minnesota if Vikings are 1 and done?
No chance — Brad Childress got an extension.

10:59pm ET – Which team is the biggest disapointment this year?
Steelers.

10:59pm ET – Who is your choice to get the 6th seed in the AFC playoff race?
Tennessee.

10:56pm ET – Any chance of Shanahan to the Cowboys?
There’s a chance, just not sure how big of a chance.

10:55pm ET – What happened to DeAngelo Williams?
Injured.

10:51pm ET – Hey Mike, how about a shout out for the men and women of the military at Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska?
Thanks for your service and have a great holiday season.

10:49pm ET – What do you think is wrong with the Vikes?

They have been showing up flat for their road games lately.

10:47pm ET – Do you think Favre has a shot at MVP?
Yes, but he needs to find a way to win this game.

10:45pm ET – Do we start seeing Favre make those desperation passes that are as likely to lose the game as win them from Favre now?
I think we just saw one.

10:42pm ET – Will Steve Smith make the HOF?
His career numbers aren’t nearly good enough.

10:39pm ET – You make up your own questions don’t you?
Nope. (I made up that question in order to make it convincing.)

10:37pm ET – What are the chances of Jake Delhomme keeping his starting job next year?
Doubtful.

10:34pm ET – I can’t believe how many questions you have answered of mine tonight. I’m on fire!

It’s nothing that can’t be put out about 20 minutes after drinking a 44-ounce soda.

10:33pm ET – Should the Bills or Seahawks acquire Tarvaris Jackson?
Depends on who the coaches of each team will be.

10:32pm ET – Did you and Florio Jr. write your names in the snow yet?
Thanks to the concept of the 44-ounce soda, we did first name, middle name, last name, and Social Security number.

10:30pm ET – Oh yeah, Julius Peppers is still playing.
That hit reminded me a little of Lawrence Taylor on Joe Theismann.

10:29pm ET – How much do you get paid for this gig?
They pay me in cough drops.

10:28pm ET – How many more years does Kurt Warner have left?
I’ve got a feeling this is it for him.

10:26pm ET – Can you make this game more exciting please?
If I was there, I could shine my laser pointer into Brett Favre’s eyes.

10:25pm ET – Your horrible at answering these questions.
You are great at asking them.

10:23pm ET – So who starts for the raiders next week? Gradkowski, Frye, Russell or Losman?
They’d be better off with Stabler. At his current age.

10:20pm ET – Why did you give up your life for a stupid football site?
My wife asks me that question every day.

10:19pm ET – This cable cam is making me dizzy.
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

10:18pm ET – Why don’t you think Brian Orakpo is defensive rookie of the year?
I forgot about him — he’s got a shot, too.

10:16pm ET – Will Denver make the playoffs?
It’s not looking so good for them right now.

10:15pm ET – Should I start Flacco over Favre next week?
Based on how Favre is playing tonight, yep.

10:11pm ET – Who wins rookie of the year?
Percy Harvin on offense, Clay Matthews on defense?

10:07pm ET – Has a team ever played the Super Bowl in their own stadium? (Miami in Miami this year, etc.)

Closest thing was the Niners playing in Stanford Stadium for Super Bowl XIX against the Dolphins.

10:01pm ET – Do you think the Saints will have any problems securing their last two games because of last night’s game?
I think the Panthers will give them fits.

10:00pm ET – Did you expect the Bears to be this bad this season? Cutler was supposed to be the missing link?
I don’t think anyone expected them to be this bad.

9:59pm ET – Does Jim Mora survive today’s loss to the Bucs at home?
Depends on who the next G.M. is.

9:57pm ET – Did someone really ask if they should start Flacco over Brees???
Yep. I wish I was playing that guy in my playoff game this weekend.

9:55pm ET – Over/under on Lovie Smith coaching the Bears next year?
I’m not sure you have fully grasped the over/under concept.

9:53pm ET – Do you think Brandon Marshall will get fined for wearing Henry’s name on his jersey before the game?
Ochocinco got fined for doing it when his name wasn’t Ochocinco.

9:52pm ET – Did you make Florio Jr. shovel a path to the outhouse?
When you’ve got 15 inches of snow, you don’t need to go all the way to the outhouse.

9:46pm ET – Who should I start next week in my fantasy league: Brees or Flacco?
Ravens go to Pittsburgh and Saints host Tampa. And therein lies your answer.

9:44pm ET – What does a STUD like you do at halftime?

Potty break.

9:43pm ET – Desean Jackson over Brandon Marshall what’s up with that?
“Oooooeeee. What up with that? What up with that?”

9:37pm ET – If you were starting a team today, who would you choose to be your QB, RB, and WR?
If I was thinking long term, I’d want Joe Flacco, Chris Johnson, and DeSean Jackson.

9:36pm ET – Can the Vikings beat the Packers 3 times in one year?
I think the Vikings would prefer not to find out.

9:33pm ET – Florio what are you getting Jr. for Festivus?
A bucket full of snow and a jug of maple syrup.

9:32pm ET – Who gets your leauge MDP vote? (Most Disappointing Player.)
T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

9:28pm ET – Who is the best team in the NFC East?
Eagles are 4-1 against the other three teams.

9:26pm ET – Who gets your league MVP vote?

As of right now, Peyton Manning.

9:24pm ET – On Christmas Day 1971, Dolphins beat Chiefs 27-24 in two overtimes.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Stay on the line so we can get your mailing address.

9:21pm ET – What do you think of Randy Moss and the game he had today?
I think that if he’s gonna talk after a good game he should talk
after a bad game, too. And I’d love to know what he thinks of the
things Cris Carter said about him.

9:20pm ET – Do you think Wade Phillips needs to win a playoff game to save his job, or was last night enough?
He needs to win at least one playoff game.

9:19pm ET – How many times did Florio Jr. knock you down in the snow this weekend?
Three.

9:17pm ET – If Mike Holmgren lands in Cleveland. will the nearby buildings survive the impact?
Yes — they were engineered to handle 2.5 Manginis.

9:16pm ET – What did you get your familty for the Holidays? Copies of your book?
I was feeling extra generous. . . . Free one-year subscriptions to PFT for everyone.

9:15pm ET – Is Green Bay one and done in the playoffs? They have yet to beat a decent team on the road.
Actually, they might have to play at Arizona two weeks in a row. Week 17 and wild-card round.

9:13pm ET – What ever happened to Mike Tice?
He’s an assistant coach with the Jaguars. And he moonlights at StubHub.

9:10pm ET – You can edit our questions, you handsome devil?

Maybe.

9:09pm ET – San Diego at Tennessee on Christmas. Did you ever think the league would play a game on Christmas?
It has happened several times before. Longest game in league history
was played on Christmas day in 1971. (Free one-year PFT subscription to
the first person who names the teams, the score, and the number of
overtimes.)

9:09pm ET – How are you doing in fantasy this week?
Losing by several points in the playoffs to my niece, Jaimee, who is
a regular reader of this chat. (Hi Jaimee.) And now I’ve got to give a
shout to her sister, Kelly. (Hi Kelly.) I’ve got Favre but Jaimee has
Adrian Peterson. I have a feeling each guy will score 0 points tonight.

9:03pm ET – Whats next for Zorn, assuming that he has lost his job at the end of the season.
He probably lands in Cleveland as an assistant coach, if Mike Holmgren takes the job there.

9:01pm ET – Any news on Shanahan to Washington today?
The consensus is that it’s his if he wants it. The question is if he wants it.

9:00pm ET – Who is offensive player of the week? Roethlisberger?

He threw for 500-plus yards and engineered the game-winning drive
with a perfect pass. I think that overshadows what Jerome Harrison did.

8:58pm ET
– You have answered 3 of my questions thus far, but have edited each
one. I am on to you! (I also think you are witty and smart and a sharp
dresser!)

Thanks for that honest and candid critique.

8:57pm ET – Better beard: Randy Moss or Chilly?
Randy’s beard is one of the all-time greats.

8:56pm ET – How serious was Vick’s injury?
I don’t think it was bad enough to put him down. Oops, I mean keep him down.

8:55pm ET – Cool for my first time to see online football live!
Glad you enjoy it. But put it on the television, too. Just in case you’re in a Nielsen house.

8:53pm ET – What do you think would excite Gus Johnson more, the birth of his child, or a draw play on 3rd and 9?
The draw play, but only if it gains at least two yards.

8:52pm ET – Mike, I’m getting irritated with your sarcasm, why don’t you talk about the game?
I’ll leave that to the professionals. My job is to help set the mood.

8:52pm ET – Mike, have you made a snow angel yet?
Does falling down and struggling to get up count?

8:50pm ET – Are the Pats destined for an early playoff exit?
Not if they play at home.

8:49pm ET – Think Sanchez gets benched after his performance today?
I think he should be benched for his mustache.

8:47pm ET – I got two questions answered back to back. Have I found the formula for getting noticed?
Nope. You’re just the only one here.

8:46pm ET – Is JaMarcus still a bust?
That would be an insult to busts everywhere.

8:45pm ET – Does the Browns current winning streak give Mangini a chance at keeping his job this season?
This season? Yes. Next season? No.

8:45pm ET – Who will be the Bills’ starting quarterback be in 2010?
Jeff George.

8:44pm ET – Are you snowed in?

We’ve got 15 inches here, but the ’68 VW is surprisingly nimble in the elements.

8:43pm ET
– Eagles fans are STILL raggin on Donovan McNabb despite another
300-yard game and a 5th straight win. Short of winning a SB, what can
he do to silence the critics?

Make them eat a whole bunch of crackers?

8:42pm ET – Mike, with the Packers losing the game against the Steelers does it hurt them in anyway for their playoff chances?
The Packers cannot win the NFC North. But at 9-5 they are in good shape for one of the two wild-card berths.

8:41pm ET – What do you think of Dallas’ chances of holding on to their wild-card spot?
Good but not great. They lose a tiebreaker to the Giants.

8:40pm ET – Did that guy in the defensive introduction say his college was “you already know”?
Not sure. I’m hoping eventually someone will say he went to “Whattsa Matta U.”

8:39pm ET – Considering Jerry Angelo’s comments today, can I start getting my hopes up about Bill Cowher to the Bears?
Not unless Angelo gets fired, too.

8:39pm ET – Is that a marmot on Chilly’s face?
I think it’s an otter. Or a lemur.

8:37pm ET – If only the Browns had a decent defender, they could have swept the POW honors, yes?
Ben Roethlisberger will be the AFC offensive player of the week over
Jerome Harrison — Ben’s accomplishments came against an actual NFL
team.

8:36pm ET – Do you think the Colts will go 16-0?
Yes, but all bets are off if they face the Pats and/or the Chargers in the playoffs.

8:35pm ET – Mike, what do you think about the Pittsburgh game? They won by one point.

I think they should give both teams a loss in the standings for playing horrendous defense.

8:33pm ET – Are the Colts the best team now?
I don’t know . . . the Bucs were impressive today in Seattle. They might be peaking at the right time.

8:32pm ET – Dude, what’s that smell?
Sorry.

8:32pm ET – What was Tomlin thinking with that onside kick?
He was thinking, “My defense can’t stop the Packers so I might as
well give them a short field and hope we have time to get down the
field and win it.”

8:31pm  ET – Are the Saints exposed or just a glitch last night?
There’s a chance they’ll not have that swagger for a while. Maybe not
until they persuade themselves they can play well in the postseason.

8:30pm ET – What was Mike Tomlin thinking going for the onside?

One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen. Shows no faith in his defense. Winning the game doesn’t make it any better.

8:29pm ET – Is Sidney Rice playing?
Yes — Rice and Percy Harvin are both playing.

8:28pm ET – Anybody on? This is my first game watched on NFL.com. Tips on using alternative cameras, etc?
Welcome aboard. My favorite angle is the cable cam. It’s the Madden viewpoint.

Permalink 31 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
31 Responses to “Sunday Night Football Extra: Live Chat”
  1. Desides says: Dec 20, 2009 8:35 PM

Florio, Tomlin “showed no faith in his defense” because it’s the reason why the team has struggled this season.

2. nfcbeast says: Dec 20, 2009 8:39 PM

Which jail bird player would you rather have in his prime O.J Simpson or Michael Vick?

3. nfcbeast says: Dec 20, 2009 8:40 PM

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

4. Bwa Ha Ha says: Dec 20, 2009 8:47 PM

I guess Tomlin was right

5. monstermase says: Dec 20, 2009 8:47 PM

not sure why everyone was against Tomlin’s onside kick. Everyone watching the game, Steeler homers included, knew the Packers O would have ABSOLUTELY ZERO problem scoring, at least a field goal, with three minutes to go. Furthermore, Jeff Reed showed an inability to kickoff past the twenty all game, and combined with Pitt’s atrocious kickoff coverage, the Pack likely would have started at least around the 40 either way. Tomlin chose to give his team the chance to counter the inevitable score with a game-winning drive, which they did.
    Florio, when you are in agreement with Joe Buck, can you really consider yourself right? This move was no different in concept than Holmgren allowing Denver to score late in the 98 Super Bowl.

6. daffy87 says: Dec 20, 2009 8:49 PM

Do you owe Mangini an apology after slamming him for having his team practice 3 hours yesterday? Maybe Todd Haley should have spent 3 hours on tackling drills.

7. monstermase says: Dec 20, 2009 8:50 PM

8. Russells Accountant says: Dec 20, 2009 8:59 PM

If Frye can’t go, who starts next week: Russell or Lossman?

9. vic says: Dec 20, 2009 9:05 PM

watching sunday night football and cannot understand why the announcers keep refering to a peterson as “AP”. its “AD” for “All Day”

10. nationscapital10 says: Dec 20, 2009 9:06 PM

If the Cowboys win out they are NFC east champs, what does a tie breaker with the Giants have to do with it. They lose a tie breaker with Green Bay to. Win out and 3rd seed they will be!

11. Favre On HGH says: Dec 20, 2009 9:19 PM

8:56pm ET – How serious was Vick’s injury?
    I don’t think it was bad enough to put him down. Oops, I mean keep him down.
    ————————
    I love you Mike.

12. wahoobob says: Dec 20, 2009 9:27 PM

Maybe the Thurs practice in pads for the Browns wasn’t such a bad idea after all. From the Cleveland PD tonite (Tony Grossi):
    The game followed a tradition of bizarre occurrences in recent Browns games against the Chiefs. The zaniest of all may have unfolded behind closed doors in the locker room afterwards when Cribbs related a show of support for Mangini.
    “We were in the shower kidding about it, [saying] ‘Hey man, the system works. Full pads … Mondays [on the field] … it works,'” Cribbs said. “I guess it works. It’s trusting in our coaches. Let them coach and all we have to do is play.”

13. monstermase says: Dec 20, 2009 9:29 PM

god how many hoops do I have to climb through to leave a message on the actual chat? Either way, just wanted to call out Floozio for being a hypocrite, as he was always a very harsh critic of Joe Theismann for speaking in hyperbole, yet he calls Tomlin’s onside call “one of the worst” he has ever seen. I would love to hear the justification of that statement, especially from someone who has watched as much football as Floriosmenn. I can understand being against the decision but to call it one of the worst is just ignorant. If Pitt kicks it deep, GB not only scores the winning points but uses all the time to do it. How is it a bad call then to ensure another offensive possession? To trust that rickety defense, which has given up five fourth quarter leads, and quite possibly the worst secondary in the league minus Polamalu, would be “one of the worst” calls I have ever seen. You can see the defense lacks confidence already, it’s not like Tomlin shattered it any further with his decision.

14. Route36West says: Dec 20, 2009 9:51 PM

9:00pm ET – Who is offensive player of the week? Roethlisberger?
    He threw for 500-plus yards and engineered the game-winning drive with a perfect pass. I think that overshadows what Jerome Harrison did.
    _______________________________
    Obviously you would say that seeing that your bitter b/c the Browns beat the Steelers last week and basically knocked them out of the playoffs
    ___________________________________
    Ben Roethlisberger will be the AFC offensive player of the week over Jerome Harrison — Ben’s accomplishments came against an actual NFL team.
    __________________________________
    Obviously you would say that seeing that your a Steelers Fan

15. chunky soupy sales says: Dec 20, 2009 10:02 PM

Do you really own a ’68 VW? Because I own a 69 VW and they ARE great in the snow. Rear wheel drive, engine directly over the back wheels, flat bottom and it sits surprisingly high off the ground. They can get it done in the snow.

16. RWFV says: Dec 20, 2009 10:31 PM

Wow – this is hard to watch as a vikes fan. Starting to get a little nervous.

17. VASeahawk says: Dec 20, 2009 10:41 PM

Another ref gift for the Steelers. D-lineman has his shirt nearly ripped off on last play and no call. Total BS after the holding when Ben was sacked with 25 seconds left.

18. Favre On HGH says: Dec 20, 2009 10:41 PM

Who is the best team in the NFC East?
    Eagles are 4-1 against the other three teams.
    _____________
    One loss is to the Cowboys in Philly and they meet again Jan 3rd.

19. ILIKEPIE says: Dec 20, 2009 11:00 PM

10:19pm ET – This cable cam is making me dizzy.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty
    Nice Jerry reference Think he will serve them in the green room when he takes over for Conan?

20. JohnHarbaugh says: Dec 20, 2009 11:11 PM

any news on how serious lardarius webb’s injury is?

21. last starfighter says: Dec 20, 2009 11:14 PM

Wow, two ugly losses in three games for the vikings. They can’t win on the road and favre can’t win after november

22. Favre On HGH says: Dec 20, 2009 11:18 PM

Can see why they call AP All Day – he can’t do sh*t at night.

23. mnmaverick says: Dec 20, 2009 11:20 PM

24. cusoman says: Dec 20, 2009 11:26 PM

@last starfighter
    Well you know, except for that Cincinnati win and everything, ahem.
    But yeah, this was an ugly ugly loss. It’s all completely on the lines though, both the d-line and o-line looked like absolute shiet.

25. 1stngoal says: Dec 20, 2009 11:28 PM

HaHa, the prairie-fairies got there lunch money taken from them by the Panthers. How about Minnesota’s “elite”(LOL) left tackle getting benched for getting his a** handed to him by Julius Peppers!!!
    SKOL!!!

26. chunky soupy sales says: Dec 20, 2009 11:36 PM

well to be fair it’s probably past Favres bed time.

27. packers4life says: Dec 20, 2009 11:43 PM

“They need to stop Flexing Viking games. They play horrible on the road and at night. ; )”
    Or they are not as good as their record says.

28. Favre On HGH says: Dec 21, 2009 12:57 AM

SKOL VIKINGS!

29. superserial says: Dec 21, 2009 5:29 AM

Go Texans.

30. JHaugJr says: Dec 21, 2009 9:22 AM

Mike, do the Titans have a tiebreaker edge over anyone at 9-7? They sure won’t be the only team at 9-7, and their conference record is 5-7.

31. danlinker says: Dec 21, 2009 10:11 AM

Florio has a “feeling” this will be warner’s last year. BS. He’s just trying to start up something on this as usual. Warner will be back for another year at least. That “feeling” you have Mike is called wishful thinking.