Buccaneers-Seahawks one-liners

QB Josh Freeman threw for 205 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Buccaneers to 24 straight points and a 24-7 victory in Seattle.

The Buccaneers also piled up 134 yards on 34 carries as part of a balanced offensive attack.

Buccaneers CB Elbert Mack had two of the team’s four interceptions.

Said Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris of the defense, “Seattle came out with a great plan and a high-tempo offense. They had us on our heels early. Our guys were able to settle down. We have a great leader in [middle linebacker] Barrett Ruud. We got to the spots we needed to get to and we were able to stop them, which was great.”

WR Sammie Stroughter set up the scoring drive that put the Buccaneers up by two touchdowns with a long punt return and then added two key third down catches.

honest with you.”

CB Kelly Jennings had to step in as long snapper after the Seahawks lost Kevin Houser to an injury on Sunday.

The Seahawks targeted WR Deion Branch 10 times which resulted in four catches for Branch and three interceptions for the Bucs.

Mike Sando of ESPN.com thinks the Seahawks need to reassure their fan base that they are heading in the right direction.

The Seahawks ran the ball for 80 yards in the first quarter, but were held to 48 yards in the final 45 minutes.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
8 Responses to “Buccaneers-Seahawks one-liners”
  1. frenchw says: Dec 21, 2009 4:56 PM

First!!!
    AS much crap as we have given Morris for mistakes on the field I have to give it to him and his staff Sunday.
    Olson and the boys put together a very good game plan and the players executed. I do not care to hear the crap the many so called Buc fans are going to spew about the team playing Seattle and that is why they won. I call BS on that. This was a well called game.
    Good job coaching staff. Great Job Freeman. Greater job offensiv line. As long as we see progression that is all that matters on a team in a true rebuilding year. For all the idiots that really thought that Tampa Bay was going to have a good season and that Morris and the Glazers are the reason this team sucked this year… BITE ME!
    For the idiots who are calling for another coaches head. SHUT THE F&^K UP for once in your life.
    GO BUCS!
    Signed,
    A true fan

2. dvh1000 says: Dec 21, 2009 5:33 PM

frenchw, looks like you jumped back on the wagon. Good for you, true Buc fan. I’ll be there to catch you when you fall off again.

3. VASeahawk says: Dec 21, 2009 5:35 PM

BUcs beat the Hawks. Hawks couldn’t compete in UFL. Don’t get too excited Bucs fans(Like all Hawks fans whooping it up after the Hawk comeback against the Lions)

4. mitybuc says: Dec 21, 2009 8:38 PM

Good dissertation, frenchw.
    Sometimes think I ‘m the only one that’s actually watching what’s going on in buc land. Lots just repeat what’s heard from the bazillion “experts” out there.
    Sunday was a good gameplan, mostly well executed.
    RM’s doing what he does best right now. Using his charisma and knowledge of the Tampa 2 to get the D playing again. Losing him would be bigtime backwards bad.
    Off coord, and good draft (Suh maybe?) are keys for rapid rise back to the top, yup. Go RM!

5. FumbleNuts says: Dec 21, 2009 10:06 PM

“Said Seahawks WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, “You thought after last week it couldn’t get any worse. Surprise. I don’t know what’s going on, to be honest with you.”
    Your O-line needs an overhaul!

6. frenchw says: Dec 22, 2009 11:02 AM

to dvh1000:
    I never left that wagon…. I know the Bucs suck. I knew that they would suck going into the season. I, unlike many so called Buc fans, did not go into the season with rose colored glasses on. I have been a fan since they came into the league when I was about 12 years old.
    Unless your an idiot, you should never expect your team to be gold after hiring a new coach, starting a rookie QB, purging half your defense, etc…
    I also stand by my statement below:
    “For those who remember the Culverhouses’s… you know a crappy owner. The Glazers are far from that. This team may be a couple of years from being back in the playoffs, but we all saw what is possible.”
    GO BUCS!
    Signed Again,
    A true fan

7. Buc-em says: Dec 22, 2009 12:29 PM

True Fans,
    Do you think Raheem Morris will ever win a superbowl with anyone, ever?
    Then why is he the coach?
    That’s the goal.
    Remember?
    If you think he will, than YOU my friend, are the one wearing rose colored glasses, and I seriously question your intelligence level.
    Blah, Blah, Blah, all this crap about ‘true fans’ this, ‘real fans’, that.
    Real fans want their team to succeed. If they see a problem, they call it out. If they say nothing and accept mediocrity, then who is really the TRUE fan?

8. frenchw says: Dec 22, 2009 5:03 PM

to Buc-em:
    You are not one of them!?!
    What a rant..