Aaron Rodgers claims Darryl Tapp bit him

Twelve years ago, Mike Tyson bit a piece out of Evander Holyfield’s ear during a boxing match.

And Seahawks linebacker Darryl Tapp apparently took a page out of the Tyson playbook last October, against the Packers.

Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers claims that Tapp bit him.

Bit him.

You know, with his teeth.

“Yeah, he bit me through my long sleeve that I was wearing,” Rodgers
said Wednesday, per Greg Bedard of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.  “There wasn’t a whole lot of words
spoken.  I looked down and my arm was hurt and it felt like a bee sting.
I was looking down and he was biting my arm so I had to get his teeth
off my shoulder.

“Luckily I was wearing a long sleeve so I don’t know if he actually [broke the skin].  I had a bruise for the rest of the season.  Other than
that I was good.”

Given that they played on October 12, that was one hell of a bruise.

Bedard has since found video of the incident, at 9:20 of the fourth quarter.  Though Tapp can’t be seen getting his Twilight on, Rodgers can be seen pushing Tapp’s head into the turf and then looking at his arm.

In Tapp’s defense, maybe Rodgers had been shaving with butter.

Permalink 61 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Green Bay Packers, Rumor Mill, Seattle Seahawks, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
61 Responses to “Aaron Rodgers claims Darryl Tapp bit him”
  1. SteelCurtnDee says: Dec 23, 2009 6:15 PM

great reporting by not showing the video tool

2. marshall70 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:16 PM

I think this has to be the best story I have ever read.

3. Citizen Strange says: Dec 23, 2009 6:16 PM

Darryl Tapped that arm!

4. Igottz5onit says: Dec 23, 2009 6:17 PM

I would love to talk trash about the Seahawks and their fans being whiny babies just getting their teeth but Aaron Curry’s wife and my wife are close friends so I will refrain.

5. Dustin Chandler says: Dec 23, 2009 6:17 PM

Darryl just wanted to Tapp dat azz!

6. KingKunal says: Dec 23, 2009 6:18 PM

WTF? I think that’s all that can be said.

7. Gautam says: Dec 23, 2009 6:18 PM

so his teeth went through the grill of his helmet ?

8. tatum32 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:21 PM

Whats with the biting? Could we just tackle, please!

9. mustbechris says: Dec 23, 2009 6:22 PM

he must have some pretty big teeth to get a chunk of rodgers’ arm, through a facemask. either that or aaron rodgers is wrong/exaggerating/assuming/senile.

10. Majik Man says: Dec 23, 2009 6:24 PM

If Rodgers had to get his teeth off of his shoulder, how did he have a bruise on his arm, and what did long sleeves have to do with it if he was bitten on the shoulder and not the forearm? And who has a bruise for almost 3 months? And wouldn’t you be able to tell if the skin was broken after taking off the long sleeves?

11. cusoman says: Dec 23, 2009 6:25 PM

He was just thinking what every other Vikings defensive lineman thought this year: “Mmm, fresh blood!”

12. faulkn22 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:26 PM

He bit through his long sleeve, through his helmet, and through his mouthpiece?
    No. Absolutely not. I’m not a magic bullet theory kind of guy, sorry Rodgers.

13. Danny18 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:29 PM

Why is biting ever an option?

14. Fan of Football says: Dec 23, 2009 6:31 PM

There goes AR again crying to the press.

15. This is not news says: Dec 23, 2009 6:33 PM

He wanted to taste that cheddar?

16. MEDTXPACK says: Dec 23, 2009 6:36 PM

everyone bashing Aaron Rodgers is jsut sick of his supreme talent and good decision making, cause ya know you play football professionally and all…..sybian!

17. Sourdough says: Dec 23, 2009 6:38 PM

Biting is for *ussies!

18. THEpackersAREwhere? says: Dec 23, 2009 6:40 PM

This is funny as hell! What the hell? I know crazy stuff goes on down on the ground and under piles, but wow. Id like to see what question was asked for Rogers to bring this up. He should have brought it up when it happened. Not to whine about it, but so everybody can see what kind of bitch this guy must be to actually bite somebody. btw, I HATE gb. Still doesnt make it unless funny/messed up.

19. Andrew Callahan says: Dec 23, 2009 6:41 PM

Maybe in addition to shaving with butter he had warmed his uniform in the oven before gametime…

20. Sportygal says: Dec 23, 2009 6:43 PM

Fan of Football,
    Aaron isn’t known for being a whiner or a guy who talks a lot to the press, unlike the former GB QB. That guy is still flapping his jaw every chance he gets and throwing his own coach under the bus.

21. LBPACKFAN says: Dec 23, 2009 6:43 PM

Fan of Football –
    Really???

22. DayAllOnJuice says: Dec 23, 2009 6:46 PM

I have a pencil with Daryl Tapp’s teeth marks in it.

23. beddar than you says: Dec 23, 2009 6:47 PM

Majik & FoF = Bonita & Scott Favre

24. Bender12 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:50 PM

“I’m sure Tapp bit him though, pretty easy to do with a full facemask, chinstraps, and mouthguard. ”
    Are people serious? I especially can’t believe people are mentioning the facemask. Probably takes 2 seconds at most to solve all the issues you just mentioned there. Its not like its rocket science to unstrap the chinstrap and tilt the angle of the helmet on your head.
    Put on a helmet and try it.

25. Fred Cox says: Dec 23, 2009 6:56 PM

FoF & Majik = two dumbfu*ks that no one ever wants to hear from again.

26. GobiasINC_1 says: Dec 23, 2009 6:58 PM

Fan of Football and Magik Man: The two dumbest posters on these boards, hands down. Lock it up.
    Rodgers doesn’t whine. Do you honestly think your hero with the gray hair and diva attitude would have said nothing being protected by THAT line?

27. sixburghrules says: Dec 23, 2009 6:59 PM

This is just shallow journalism which is what I would expect

28. Sellinmp1981 says: Dec 23, 2009 7:02 PM

Majik Man-I’m sure Tapp bit him though, pretty easy to do with a full facemask, chinstraps, and mouthguard. And people call Favre a drama queen.

Yes, because mouthguards can’t come out of a mouth once put in and it’s impossible for a helmet/facemask to be pushed back/up. Idiot.

29. The Denominator says: Dec 23, 2009 7:05 PM

Looking at the pics on Bedard’s blog (specifically the last one) I don’t really see how a bite would even be possible through that kind of facemask…What do I know, I’m just a commenter on a website.

30. sportsyack says: Dec 23, 2009 7:06 PM

Marv Albert just exclaimed, “Yessssssss!!!”

31. buck_u_pack_haterz says: Dec 23, 2009 7:06 PM

I feel you Fred look at these haters bet they will really be hating when the diva herself is finally playing the banjo on a porch in hickville, ms and whatever joke of a qb is playing for their beloved(since they started winning) biqueens who still will not have won a superbowl hahahahahah but i guess we cant talk shit because they’ve won the meaningless division for two years in a row hahahahahahahah way to go queens get those regular season wins cause history know

32. Osterhouse says: Dec 23, 2009 7:12 PM

Igottz5onit says:
    December 23, 2009 6:17 PM
    ——
    Thats for the “we dont give a shit, but clearly this makes you feel good psychologically” comment of the day

33. sven_ftw says: Dec 23, 2009 7:15 PM

bite him back!!

34. sven_ftw says: Dec 23, 2009 7:16 PM

…then again, he might have thought he’d taste like cheese.

35. Murgen says: Dec 23, 2009 7:32 PM

I have that game. And at about 9:40 Rogers says something to Tapp, pushes he’s head down as he gets up and then looks at his LEFT BICEP. Hope that clears things up.

36. Rev. Dr. HollywoodWags says: Dec 23, 2009 7:32 PM

If only ROMO were still playing….

37. R.Babe says: Dec 23, 2009 7:37 PM

“Shaving with butter,” Florio? Since when does Aaron Rodgers own a razor?

38. EskinSux says: Dec 23, 2009 7:42 PM

Hell…PFT is full of ankle biters………

39. Squash20 says: Dec 23, 2009 7:46 PM

Gay

40. Squash20 says: Dec 23, 2009 7:47 PM

Gay….

41. 1stngoal says: Dec 23, 2009 7:53 PM

If you listen to what some of the old-school players say happened in a typical NFL scrum back in the day, this really shouldn’t come as a much of a surprise.

42. Igottz5onit says: Dec 23, 2009 7:56 PM

also @osterhouse
    I actually get what you’re saying, you think I was trying to make myself feel good, by saying I am friends with Aaron Curry, I am not nor have I ever met him. I was just taking a nice jab at all the crying Seahawks fans out there who still claim that Super Bowl XL. Usually my wife tries to keep me from doing this. But obviously you try to make yourself feel better by belittling others via blogs. Hooray for you, you must be proud.

43. rpiotr01 says: Dec 23, 2009 8:04 PM

Ow, Somethin’ bit me! Lieutenant Dan!!

44. Majik Man says: Dec 23, 2009 8:11 PM

To everyone calling me an idiot for saying there’s a good chance Rodgers is jumping the gun a bit…
    Did you read the article and look at the pics? I did, and his helmet is clearly on during the time in question, the pic where Rodgers is pushing his head down. And yes, some facemasks are easy to move around, but not the full cage style Tapp is wearing. In order for Tapp to bite anyone, he would have had to totally remove his particular helmet.
    I get it, you’re still pissed that Favre is gone and he dominated the Packers, and his new team has locked up the division. But just because you’re bitter doesn’t mean you need to throw logic out the window. Read the article, look at the pics, and use your heads. I know that Packer fans have trouble thinking for themselves, but try just this once.

45. Captain says: Dec 23, 2009 8:13 PM

Chuck Norris can bite through helmets and even metal.

46. The Coop says: Dec 23, 2009 8:23 PM

In Tapp’s defense, he thought Rodgers was Brett Favre and he just hates that guy like everyone else.

47. nostreves says: Dec 23, 2009 8:25 PM

Should have went for the right hand thumb. Now if it would have been a puker doing the biting. . .he would have been going for the zipper. Because that is what the puker fans could understand

48. Squash20 says: Dec 23, 2009 8:56 PM

House……roundhouse..…

49. WhySoSerious says: Dec 23, 2009 8:59 PM

Chompetition! >!

50. sven_ftw says: Dec 23, 2009 9:03 PM

1stngoal says: December 23, 2009 7:53 PM
    ——————
    reminds me of dave megget and bill romanowski.

51. Plankshelmet says: Dec 23, 2009 9:14 PM

Quit whining Arron. Remember when you use to bite Jeff Tedford’s pillow after practice.

52. voodoodauley says: Dec 23, 2009 10:20 PM

He was just hungry…. give the brother a break! I wonder if he offered any to Jamarcus Russel.

53. GBPackers says: Dec 23, 2009 10:21 PM

Majik Man says:
    December 23, 2009 6:24 PM
    ————————————————–
    LMFAO, yea because A-Rod causes drama like Brent. Who do you REALLY think you are fooling? Reading your frivolous blogs makes me happy that Florio allows children to contribute to PFT!

54. PackFaninPackLand says: Dec 23, 2009 11:16 PM

Rodgers, whining about a bruise … from last year. Beautiful.
    Our fearless leader !!!!
    Heaven help us.

55. CanadianVikingFan says: Dec 24, 2009 12:36 AM

lol, if they had a picture of that it would make a great C’Mon Man sign.

56. Woody Paige says: Dec 24, 2009 1:31 AM

HAHA this story is so good that I need not say much. Cheers to you Florio on the Twilight rip.

57. Fan of Football says: Dec 24, 2009 7:23 AM

Erin Rodgers to the press:
    “WAA WAAAA! Somebody bit me several months ago!”
    “WAA WAAAA! some little kid flipped me off on the way to practice today!”
    “WAA WAAA! Brett Favre never returned my calls!”
    “WAA WAAAA! Erin Andrews turned me down on a date!”

58. GregO says: Dec 24, 2009 11:03 AM

A Twilight reference? Seriously?
    You know how I know you’re gay?

59. footballrulz says: Dec 24, 2009 11:07 AM

@ FoF
    Merry Christmas dude.
    Hope Santa brings you through puberty.
    Man I wish school would hurry up & get back in.

60. footballrulz says: Dec 24, 2009 11:17 AM

@ Majik
    After looking at the pictures I see your point–it is a full face mask. However, if you look at the first one where Rodgers is pushing his helmet it looks like his helmet is about halfway off possibly. Personally, I think his facemask probably pinched his arm against the ground & Rodgers mistook it for a bite. That would also create more of a bruise, especially one that would hang around for 3 months.

61. packers4life says: Dec 24, 2009 11:48 AM

“Erin Rodgers to the press:”
    and this is why people never take Viking ‘fans’ seriously. They think it’s still cool to change player’s names to girl names.
    Brett Favre to the press:
    “Why don’t you hire my best friend as coach? Waaaa”
    “Waaa. Go get Randy Moss! Waaaa”
    “I wanna play again!! Waaaaa”
    “Waa Ted Thompson hurt my feelings.”
    “Waa why is everyone so mean to me”
    “Waaa. Who stole my tractor? Waa”
    I can’t wait until Viking fans go through next season with the great Sage Rosenfels. Then they will be the one’s crying hiding under their rock.