Harvin fully healthy and practicing

Despite ongoing issues with migraine headaches and two bulging disks in his neck, Vikings receiver Percy Harvin is off the injury report and preparing for a key Monday night game against the Bears.

Harvin visited the Mayo Clinic on Tuesday, and he said that doctors came up with a “great plan” for managing his migraines, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune

“Yeah, it’s a relief,” Harvin said.  “Without going into [specifics], we had
a great visit and came up with a great plan.  I saw great doctors and it
should be good from now on.  I’m all good.”

Coach Brad Childress downplayed the neck situation, explaining that while two disks might be bulging they’re not herniated.

No Vikings player has missed practice this week due to injury.  Guard Steve Hutchinson (shoulder), defensive end Brian Robison (quadriceps), defensive tackle Pat Williams (elbow), and cornerback Antoine Winfield (foot) participated on Wednesday and Thursday on a limited basis.

Permalink 29 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Chicago Bears, Injuries, Minnesota Vikings, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
29 Responses to “Harvin fully healthy and practicing”
  1. Pervy_Harvin says: Dec 24, 2009 4:35 PM

Congratulations Percy!!! Glad that the suffering could be taken care of. No one should have to endure the pain you did.
    This is great news for Percy and Vikings fans. I believe he can be a true super star in the NFL. Look how good he has played with those damn migraines. I look for him to tear it up if he really feels much better.

2. vikings rule says: Dec 24, 2009 4:46 PM

yea it’s good news but it wont matter. Klink’s brain dead & Favre is a F&@KING cancer who will destroy a great team…. Bears stomp the Vikes Monday night,we lose to NYG week 17 and are one & done in the playoffs. And it’s off to LA for the Vikings…i just prey that we don’t have to play the stinking Packers because i don’t think my marriage could stand being knocked out of the playoffs by them….Man i hate how the Vikings ruin my holidays every freaking year….Marry Stinking Christmas

3. mnmaverick says: Dec 24, 2009 5:01 PM

Sounds good.
    I thought that was a great idea for Percy to visit the Mayo Clinic.
    Merry Christmas to Mike, Gregg, and the rest of the PFT staff. = )

4. sixburghrules says: Dec 24, 2009 5:06 PM

LOL We will see how this goes! Funny how they waited till the end of the season to send him to the docs. And aren’t the MAYO clinics experts at drug addictions?

5. BleedingSilverAndBlack says: Dec 24, 2009 5:33 PM

Merry Christmas and have a safe New Year everyone! I will be begging Santa for a GM to lead my Raiders back to their winning ways.

6. J.Cannon says: Dec 24, 2009 5:37 PM

Yesssss! Now lets get things together and go on a Superbowl run. we’re commin’ we’re commin…

7. kev2060 says: Dec 24, 2009 5:38 PM

sixburghrules says:
    December 24, 2009 5:06 PM
    ___________________________________
    Ahhh No! sixburgh, I award you no points and we are now all dumber for having to listen to you!!!

8. jeff says: Dec 24, 2009 5:44 PM

vikings rule says:
    December 24, 2009 4:46 PM
    ================================
    Just the type of Viking fan that gives fuel to the Packer fans fire. Go away, we don’t need fans like you.

9. vikings rule says: Dec 24, 2009 6:00 PM

Wish i could Jeff, wish i could…i’ve suffered the curse sense 1967 how about you?…and for the record what gives the Packer fans fuel is the fact that we (that’s you , me, and the team we root for) are LOOOOOOSERS…always have been always will be…Maybe it will change when we move to LA

10. Wiscdave says: Dec 24, 2009 6:17 PM

vikings rule is obviously a Packer troll, trying to infect another Vikings post. If he has been a fan since 1967, then he is about my age. My generation doesn’t write posts that read as if they were written by a brain-dead twenty-something who has been sucking on a bong since high school.

11. purple hay-seuss says: Dec 24, 2009 6:20 PM

vikings rule is an embarrassment to everyone that ever wore purple. Your grammar is horrible, your attitude is worse. Save your marriage, dude. Go back to school and make something of yourself.

12. CanadianVikingFan says: Dec 24, 2009 6:30 PM

Thank Heavens!
    I can’t bear to watch how Minnesota used Greg Lewis in place of Harvin. At one time they had Greg Lewis lined up in the gun with AP.
    Even when the Vikes play bad, Harvin is always a nice brightspot usually. Its fun to watch the guy play, like AP (when the OLine isn’t being dominated).
    Happy Holidays everyone.

13. purpngold says: Dec 24, 2009 6:39 PM

vikes rule says:
    just *prey* that we don’t have to play the stinking Packers
    *Marry* Stinking Christmas
    suffered the curse *sense* 1967
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    You’re a fricking knucklehead with a 1st grade education. You must have moved to MN after graduation. Please change your screen name so as not to associate with MN or the Vikings….like maybe “I got my GED on-line” or “I went to school and all I got was detention”

14. mnmaverick says: Dec 24, 2009 6:48 PM

You must be thinking Hazeltine (Hazeldine?)
    That’s a drug/alchohol rehab center that celebrities and pro athletes are known to visit when they have issues.
    The Mayo Clinic is the nation’s top center for medical research and is home to some of the top Doctors in the country.

15. vikings rule says: Dec 24, 2009 7:07 PM

#1 this is a football blog not a spellen bea
    #2 i aint a Packer nothing &
    #3 you ass hats aren’t Viking fans you’re Farve loving bandwagon jumping wannabes…follow the vikinge more than a year or two then come talk to me

16. Krow says: Dec 24, 2009 7:17 PM

The NY Giant med staff IR’d Antonio Pierce with a bulging disk. Too much risk of permanent damage.

17. Pervy_Harvin says: Dec 24, 2009 7:19 PM

vikings rule:
    The Boys Town National Hotline is a 24-hour crisis, resource and referral line. Trained counselors can respond to your questions every day of the week, 365 days a year. We can help teens and parents with:
    • Suicide prevention
    • Physical abuse
    • Depression
    • Sexual abuse
    • School issues
    • Emotional abuse
    • Parenting troubles
    • Chemical dependency
    • Runaways
    • Anger
    • Relationship problems
    • and much more…
    The Boys Town National Hotline is here to help kids, parents and families. In 2008, nearly 175,000 children and families were helped through the Boys Town National Hotline, and over the past decade, more than 8 million callers have found help at the end of the line.
    Call 1-800-448-3000 to speak with a counselor
    Best wishes and have a Merry Christmas-Pervy

18. employer says: Dec 24, 2009 7:53 PM

Pervy
    Thanks for putting that info out there for vikesrule.
    I was seriously considering posting something similar.
    Seriously.

19. purpngold says: Dec 24, 2009 8:16 PM

Vikings Rule:
    It’s not a spelling bee (you’re right), but when you can’t spell you have *no* credibility.
    BTW–I’ve been purple and gold since (or should I say “sense” so you can understand) ’76….I was 5 yrs old then. Can I talk to you now???

20. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Dec 24, 2009 8:45 PM

Do I sense a “schism” amongst Vikings “fans”?

21. MasterShake says: Dec 24, 2009 8:56 PM

Let’s see if I’ve got this correct. They have a few centers and one of them is in Minnesota. It takes this long to send someone that plays for their professional football team to a center located that close to get a resolution? I smell maryjane and bullshit on this one.

22. PurpleNGold says: Dec 24, 2009 9:00 PM

@ Pervy_Harvin
    Great post.

23. Gus says: Dec 24, 2009 9:02 PM

Jason Campbell?

24. PerryMason says: Dec 24, 2009 9:19 PM

“hey anyone know whos gonna be playing quarterback for the vikings next year?”
    ……………………………………
    Donovan McNabb or Kevin Kolb.

25. Favre On HGH says: Dec 24, 2009 11:14 PM

_____
    He also went to one of the top college football programs in the country and never had them fully diagnosed or treated?
    Not wishing ill will or the likes, just doesn’t seem like something he has dealt with since he was 10 goes away with one visit.

26. vikings rule says: Dec 24, 2009 11:27 PM

@Pervy thanks for the tip….. all i need is a super bowl victory and i’ll be all better…and it aint going to happen with Favre or Klink screwing everything up…
    & Purpngold yea 34 years qualifies you to say whatever the hell you want…..but i aint got to agree with it

27. scrapdawg12 says: Dec 24, 2009 11:48 PM

I hope the migraines are gone for good and that we will see the real Percy Harvin out on the field. I sort of hoped the Eagles would take Harvin but instead took Maclin and he seems to be working out well.

28. AxleRose says: Dec 25, 2009 12:12 PM

vikings rule says:
    December 24, 2009 6:00 PM
    ———————————————–
    Go to your Packer blogs you idiot, who do you think your fooling?
    Let the grown ups talk here……………

29. AxleRose says: Dec 25, 2009 12:14 PM

God bless Harvin, glad your back, and now the Vikes will get back on track and look out every other team!
    THIS IS OUR YEAR!