Saints defensive end Bobby McCray busted for DUI

Apparently, Saints defensive end Bobby McCray celebrated last night’s clinching of the top seed in the NFC.

Apparently, he celebrated it a little too much.

According to WWL-TV, McCray was arrested for driving under the influence at 4:30 a.m. Tuesday in New Orleans.

“We are aware of the situation involving Bobby McCray and we will let
the legal process take its course,” said Saints spokesman Greg Bensel, per WWL.

Police described it as a “normal” DUI arrest, with no resistance offered by McCray.

Permalink 7 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Legal, New Orleans Saints, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
7 Responses to “Saints defensive end Bobby McCray busted for DUI”
  1. Jack Factor says: Dec 29, 2009 12:40 PM

Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waiting for a train
    And I’s feeling nearly as faded as my jeans.
    Bobby “guzzled” a diesel down just before it rained,
    It rode us all the way to New Orleans.
    Freedom’s just another word for nothing left to lose,
    Nothing don’t mean nothing honey if it ain’t free, now now.
    And feeling good was easy, Lord, when he sang the blues,
    You know feeling good was good enough for me,
    Good enough for me and my Bobby McCray.

2. INTENSEG says: Dec 29, 2009 12:52 PM

Celebrate ? What is there to celebrate AFTER 2 losses in a row?

3. Seeryer says: Dec 29, 2009 1:08 PM

I wonder if Carlos Dunlap was passed out in the passengers seat? The Gators are in New Orleans right now and Bobby was a Gator.

4. Hap says: Dec 29, 2009 1:18 PM

The Saints are the no 1 seed in the line at the bar.

5. Hap says: Dec 29, 2009 1:18 PM

And you’ve been drinking if you think they’re gonna go past their 1st game.

6. BigEasy33 says: Dec 29, 2009 1:21 PM

Again….nothing good happens after 2am if you a professional athlete!!

7. Asswipe Johnson (Pronounced Az-Wee-Pay) says: Dec 29, 2009 6:14 PM

When I was down there back in the 80′s, New Orleans had it written in as law that you could ride a moped drunk as a skunk. The reason for this was all the judges down in New Orleans rode around hitting the bars on their mopeds.
    At that time you could get a DUI (DWI then) on a horse, a lawnmower, a bike ect…but not on a moped.
    I’m guessing that law is no longer in effect…