Muhammad isn't ready to retire

Looks like Wednesday is the day veterans declare they aren’t retiring.

Kerry Collins wants to return to Tennessee, and Muhsin Muhammad has made it known he plans to continue playing.

“This will not be my last game,” Muhammad said Wednesday. “It might be my last game as a Panther … but it will not be my last game.”

“Moose” said he’d be happy to return in a lesser role if that’s what the Panthers are looking for.

Muhammad’s production has been nearly cut in half this year.  After gaining 923 yards last season, he’s at 496 yards this season.  His yards-per-catch is a career low 10.8, more than three yards less than his mark last season.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Carolina Panthers, Rumor Mill, Sprint Football Live - Rumors, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Muhammad isn't ready to retire”
  1. pilot08 says: Dec 30, 2009 7:35 PM

Probably the best blocking wr in the league. He and 89 were just as important to williams and stewart’s success as the o-line.. If the panthers can get Tate or Gilyard in the 2nd round, and maybe Jarrett will wake up from his 3 year coma, the Panthers will have a good year next year.

2. Chapnasty2 says: Dec 30, 2009 7:48 PM

Marvin Harrison didnt want to retire either

3. hardtolikedabears says: Dec 30, 2009 7:58 PM

Moose is a good player. Chicago should have kept him around. Orton could have used him last year and Cutler could have used him this year. Another errant personnel move by Jack Ass…um excuse me…Jerry Angelo.
    Sorry, I have trouble pronouncing his name

4. Philtration says: Dec 30, 2009 10:09 PM

# hardtolikedabears says: December 30, 2009 7:58 PM
    Sorry, I have trouble pronouncing his name
    —————————————————–
    Every time he dropped a pass with the Bears (and there were many) he blamed everyone under the sun except Muhsin Muhammad.
    How about that sorry attempt in the Super Bowl?
    A pass right in his hands that he botched, it gets tipped and the Colts come up with the ball inside the 10 yard line when the Bears were going in for a score.
    That went as a pick on the QB but it was Muhammad who blew it and it was huge in costing them a ring.
    He was really fond of throwing his teammates under the bus after the Bears gave him way more money than he was worth and then he ripped them after they parted ways.
    Who are you going to blame for this season Moose?
    Rex Grossman?

5. Bearfan54 says: Dec 30, 2009 10:38 PM

Moose is a little Bitch. Plain and simple.

6. Kool Herc says: Dec 30, 2009 10:58 PM

Of course he isn’t ready to retire… he is/was bankrupt and there’s money to be made

7. scrapdawg12 says: Dec 30, 2009 11:28 PM

Hmmm…Are Steve Smith’s numbers down too? I think so. Moose is not the problem, the crappy QB play is.

8. hardtolikedabears says: Dec 31, 2009 12:46 AM

@ Philtration………you bring up the fond memories. Very good points. However the very best players screw up in games. There are countless HOFers that fouled up in games in the past (Moose is not a HOFer. I am referring to players much better than him to make a point). Good character does not seem to be the norm either. I believe he would have been an asset to the Bears receiving corp as it has been. BTW I am not a Moose fan or hater, I commented to this post. I tend to comment on the PFT posts that have something to do with Chicago. In this case, Moose is an ex Bear.