Fitzpatrick is ready to go for Bills

New Bills G.M. Buddy Nix will have a chance to evaluate quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick in person this week.

Fitzpatrick (ankle) took the majority of first team reps for the second straight day Thursday, and should start against the Colts Sunday.

With Fitzpatrick back in the mix, the football populace will be robbed of a Brian Brohm vs. Curtis Painter duel.

The Bills will try to avoid losing to a number one seed resting starters for the second time this decade.  In 2004, Tommy Maddox and Willie Parker of the Steelers helped to end Buffalo’s playoff hopes in Week Seventeen.

Permalink 8 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Buffalo Bills, Injuries, Rumor Mill, Top Stories
8 Responses to “Fitzpatrick is ready to go for Bills”
  1. pats suck, blow and cheat* says: Dec 31, 2009 4:08 PM

Someone names Buddy Nix as GM, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is back.
    Wow, I guess 2010 is the Year of the Bills.

2. GF2711 says: Dec 31, 2009 4:08 PM

Correction: Brian St. Pierre ended our playoff hopes, at least in the second half of that game.

3. Love_Boat_Scandal says: Dec 31, 2009 4:11 PM

I’m a Vikings fans (as is obvious by my name), and I’d take Brian Brohm over Brett Favre at this point.

4. Lumas101 says: Dec 31, 2009 4:21 PM

Second Correction: We wanted to win the 2004 game. It’d be nice if we could lose this game and get a higher draft pick.

5. Devils Advocate says: Dec 31, 2009 4:25 PM

COLTS – IRSAY -POLIAN – CALDWELL -
    whoever
    you have no balls!

6. whybuffalowhy says: Dec 31, 2009 4:25 PM

“The Bills will try to avoid losing to a number one seed resting starters for the second time this decade.” Uhhhhhhh, what?

7. foxylettuce says: Dec 31, 2009 5:23 PM

Thanks for bringing up one of the bigger failure this team had endured over the years. Thanks a lot.
    I almost decided to boycott the Bills the following year after that Pit game.

8. wwwmattcom says: Dec 31, 2009 10:45 PM

That Pit game was the only game I went to that year. If the Jets had lost their game we still would have been in, but we lost and they won. It was sad. On the other hand what’s the point of making the playoffs with out a shot in the world of getting to the Super Bowl. Sure it looks nice saying you went to the playoffs but realistically it would not have been a good game. However I still went home cursing the Bills. I love’em.